Cooper Tire & Rubber Company Employee Reviews

Multi skilled maintenance
electrician multi-skilled (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHFebruary 17, 2017
Absolutely no training on the floor. Weak Union. Union dues are more than the health insurance.
Only thing good about this place is overtime if your in skilled trades. Hardly any communication between the shifts. Get bumped all over the place. No prints on half the machines. No training on new equipment. Production sabotaging machines all the time.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Everything else
Loved Working at Cooper Tire. I really want to get hired back there
Warehouseman Forlift Operator/Picker Stocker (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INJanuary 25, 2017
Best place to work. Great people, great pay, plenty of work. This is the only place i want to work. I had some bumpy attendance and got let go after 3 years. It was devastating, my goal is to get hired back there. Please hire me back
Pros
Great pay, plenty of work and hours, awesome people to work around
Cons
no cons
Little growth opportunity at present.
Lead Materials Engineer (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHJanuary 18, 2017
Good starting job. Good coop program and on-boarding for new workers. Tends to have a lot of turnover in the technical and research areas. Many upper level managers are locals and this can have an impact on how outsiders are treated.

In general, peers are pleasant to work with. Good work/life balance, with relatively low expectations.
Cooper tires is an overall good working environment and the best in selection of their products.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSNovember 18, 2016
You have to be very productive and work hard at your job because we have lots of competition with selling our products such as, yokahoma tires just to name one so we do our best to give the best products
Pros
We show appreciation to our team/family by supplying them with bonuses and free dinner
Cons
We have short breaks and a non smoker facility
It was tiring But other than that the job was ok .
A1 loading services (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSNovember 10, 2016
It Was Tiring But other than that the job was okay.Never Had A Problem With Any of The employees or anything. It Was Good Paying also. Then They had it where like on my side of the
plant you could take breaks whenever we wanted we just had to make it quick and get back to work . I Got Alone with all workers and bosses.
Productive and fun workplace
Office Assistant/ Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 5, 2016
Workplace is fun and comfortable. Great people to work with. Productive workplace and always learning new traits.
Learned SAP program which all parts of the business and day to day transactions are ran by. Management is moderate, could work on communication between management and associates. Co-workers are extremely friendly and easy going, communication and working with one another made the workplace fun. The most enjoyable part of the job is being happy to go to work every single day knowing that the workplace has a home feeling to it.
not a good experience
Tire Sorter (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSFebruary 11, 2017
I did not enjoy working here at all. We worked 12 hours with shory breaks and we were kept in side the building from the time we clocked in until the time we clocked out.
Pros
days off during the week
Cons
pay for temps, no chance of moving up from sorting tires, no outside breaks
Also a very nice place to work. Everyone got along with everyone else.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 24, 2017
By far the most fun an challenging job out the group. Learned a lot working there. That I use on other jobs.g good management all around. An like I said before. One of the most fun jobs I've had.
Pros
The oppertunity
Cons
Guys you work with are fun and funny.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHNovember 3, 2016
Most of the guys I worked with were really fun and funny, easy to get along with and make friends with, joked around a lot. The supervisor was the same way.
Pros
Long lunch break, 2-2-3 schedule, good pay, good benefits.
Cons
12 hour days, 5am-5pm or 5pm-5am, awful work.
Flexible but not the safest work place
Tire Sorter, Trucker (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSDecember 28, 2016
I liked the weekly pay checks most but the job was unsafe yet simple. I have had equipment malfunction many times and people do not work safely. I learned to work with my safety as priority because no one else will.
Productive and fun work environment
Data Analyst/Winshuttle Administrator (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHJanuary 16, 2017
Cooper seemed to be outsourcing many of their IT positions when I decided to move to Columbus OH. I truly enjoyed my time working at Cooper but I did not feel like I had job security.
Stable company with consistent growth and nice bonuses
Business Relationship Manager/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHDecember 7, 2016
The company has international opportunities and has recently consistently provided bonuses. Typically provides advancement opportunities.
fun and productive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 29, 2016
I worked 12 hours a day. I worked there 7 years until they closed. its not a cooper tire in Albany, Ga anymore . managermnet was not operating at a good level cause they close down
Pros
great pay
Cons
they closed down
Manufacturing enviorment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHDecember 23, 2016
Limited resources and funding make it hard to accomplish the needed work. Co-workers friendly, but stressed from backlog. Project management restricts acchomplishment.
Pros
benefits & salery
Production requirements
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJanuary 23, 2017
Had to meet production standards everyday as normal. Only thing about the job is the no smoking on the premises. If caught smoking its a immediate termination, no 1st 2nd or 3rd warnings.
Not the best, but not bad
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHOctober 1, 2016
Old factory, but can be enjoyable with the right group of guys. Personally didn't want to leave this job, however, I ended up not having a choice due to the fact that I was hired on as "student support" and could only work up to a year until my position expired.
My time spent working for a tire manufactor was extremely physical and productive
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARDecember 29, 2016
Working for Cooper Tire provided well for my family, Cooper Tire required you to be physically fit, self motivated, and reliable.
Productive and fun workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Press Mahine and Forklift OperatorFebruary 2, 2017
-two thumbs up
-great amosphere
-manageable hours
-the most enjoyable part of the job are those great bunuses
-safe workplace
Pros
Great benifits and bonuses!
Cons
Short breaks!
Track Tech. (Current Employee) –  Pearsall, TXSeptember 6, 2016
love the work, people and management. just done like the 1hr long drive to and from work to home. since its located in a small south Texas town.makes your say longer by 2hr or more when hitting traffic going home and sometimes it can take almost 2hr to get home on some days.
Fischer operator(former)
operator (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJanuary 11, 2017
Absolutely the worst place I have ever worked.management is a joke.unless you are a pickup..pay use to be great..now can make the same or more with out swing shift..
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cooper Tire & Rubber Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Cooper Tire & Rubber Company Reviews by Location