COOPER TIRE & RUBBER COMPANY Employee Reviews

Review
Production Worker/Tread Trucker (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHNovember 14, 2015
Some time its nice but when you get hired on the pay suck if you get stuck with a bad job. there differents jobs but all the new hires won't make that good as money as the older guys that are there . There really arant a lot of promotions there once you are on the floor you stay.
Pros
There arnt any
Cons
They pay you less for more work you have to do
Very Productive
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 30, 2015
Typical day at work at Cooper Tire And Rubber Company was like any other job u get your paper work of what product you're going to run make sure you have your formula sheet and start your day. Management I can say was great, co-workers were great. The hardest part of this job well not the hardest part but when you're working around machines that melt rubber it gets heated.
Pros
Great benefits
Middle Management Heavy
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 4, 2015
terrible work culture. In hire process was a complete disaster that sets up the new hire to be disconnected from co-workers. I have since changed employer's and can see with clarity that working at Cooper Tire was a major setback in my professional life (both financially and professionally).
Pros
Holiday's off
Cons
work culture and compensation
Busy
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 18, 2015
This is a very physical job. Being in shape is a must for this job. It was isolated work.
tire builder
Utility/Tire Builder (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 28, 2014
being a tire builder require to most defiantly follow rules
Pros
benifits
Cons
temp
Stable employment
Tire Specialist/Trainer/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 20, 2014
12 hours operating machinery. Learned program logic-controlled machinery. Management was goal-oriented. Enjoyed co-workers. Only downside was some nights were longer than others.
ok place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 18, 2014
Nice place to work. easy job requirements. I only had two lines to work so I had to be face paced. My team was awesome, I felt like we were the best shift there at the time.
The best part of the job were my coworkers.
Tire Builder (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MsApril 8, 2014
My daily routine was to operate a machine for 12 hrs. The work was fast paced and repetitive. Hours were long and family time was hard to come by. Management was horrible, you're just a number. Seniority was non existent unless it was for vacation scheduling. All the really good day shift jobs were given to hunting or fishing buddies. Employees weren't informed of shutdown days until the last moment. Insurance was too high. No stock options anymore. No raises for years. It's really sad how Cooper changed for the worst after being such a great company to work for. I enjoyed the first half of the 25 years I spent there but after that it spiraled downhill. It seemed that with every new CEO and Plant Mgr, conditions only worsened. All take and NO give. Corporate greed at its best. Glad to be gone from this company.
Pros
co-workers, vacation, peaks program
Cons
lots of back scratching going on, terribly uninformed and misguided management, uncertain job security, benefits way too high.
Antiquated and Behind the Time Mom and Pop Business
Finance and Accounting Employee (Former Employee) –  Corporate Office, Findlay, OhioJanuary 7, 2014
Company leadership is 100% "Good ol Boy" club. Diversity and Inclusion is non-existent. If you are a monority of any kind do not put yourself through the hassle and unequal treatment environment and culture there. Work systems and methodologies are at least 20 years behind the time. They say SAP but the system is garbage as the company did not invest in Reporting the SAP system is bare bones and majority of work is still through manual spreadsheets. No work life balance. Rules for some and guidelines for othera mentality. Very much an age and race based corporation that has no intention of changing and making their work environment more diverse. Amazed to see this culture still exist in 2014.
Pros
pay
Cons
no work life balance, no diversity, behind the times work systems, expensive benefits with little coverage, management good ol boys network exists.
Unstable
Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHDecember 11, 2013
Cooper was a great place to work until the current management team gained control. The general feel is employees should feel lucky they have a job.
Pros
most co-workers not in management are wonderful
Cons
too many to list
Enjoy people I work with
Human Resource Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, AROctober 21, 2013
Stay busy - never a dull moment, never a down moment. People are always in and out of the office whether changing addresses or taxes, or wanting to talk to one of the managers.
I have learned to be patient - we deal with many types of personalities and you have to learn to work with everyone.
very productive,and profitable business with the means to experince the american dream.
Specialist in Finishing Inspector and Tire Builder (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 18, 2013
I enjoy my time their I was able to take care of my family in a very special way Thanks .
Pros
incentives, health benefits, stock options, and retirement benefits.
Cons
hard, and laboring at times longs hour, and rotateing shifts, not much time for family ime.
not telling the truth
ex millwright (Former Employee) –  findlayJune 23, 2013
cooper findlay ohio has sold to apollo tires of india, they have been laying off calling this curtailments in production, to align there product and demand.they have discontinued many makes of tires and have been laying off at least once a month for 3 to 12 days at a time,also they have closed there research and development center permanently there and closing a whole department permanently 40 jobs lossed. the supervision is lackluster at best some good ones but lackluster all the less, beware if you want a part time job have at it good luck. they have more skilled trades leaving faster than they can replace them beware
Pros
???
Cons
layoff's not truthfull!!!
electrician pool candidate/ worked at cooper tire as contractor
electrical contractor (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARMay 16, 2013
The position for electrician at Texarkana, Arkansas plant has been unfilled for over 2 years. Do not waste your time going through the application process. A little background first, I have worked on this site for the last 5 years as an electrical contractor, I have seen several pool electrician retire or quit due to work enviroment. A typical day for the maintenance electricians is very relaxed, as the bigger jobs are contracted out.
Let me get back to the position for electrician, the company has been "trying to fill", and yes they really need electricians. I have spoken with several journeyman (whom have applied) with mostly industrial experience as the company is requesting,( knowledge of ladder logic troubleshooting, controls, automation, and basic requirements of an "industrial electrician"). No problem most of the electricians applying for this position are experienced with industrial work due to the regional area, as there are several large manufacturing and processing plants.
The hiring process is fill out online app. and submit resume. If that is deemed acceptable (spelled name right) you will be contacted and scheduled for a phone interview, this is done by a HR rep whom ask questions but has no idea of electrical work. If by some rare chance
you make it passed this step (as far as I know not very many people do, i did) you will be asked to schedule a first test on the site, this is a written multiple choice test 60 questions 45 min long over multitude of electrical and electronics questions. I passed this test, the next step is the first "in person" interview, very
  more... relaxed and professional experience. A second test, hands on 6 hour time limit is the next step in this process (so they say). Before this a second "presecond informal interview is given" this is the step I believe is not authorized by cooper tire and is used as a "weeding out" process to hire based on personal reasons (family or friens of employees). This part of "interview" is very unprofessional, one of the interviewers asked personal questions restricted by law, gave insults, and said " I realize you are intelligent, but I just have a gut feeling you wont fit in, so im going to tell them I dont think you are convincing enough that you are a good electrician", now understand I have worked on this site for the last 5 years, no issues. Oh and this interviewer is a milwright not an electrician. Well I went for the second test off site, given at the local college, and was told I was no longer considered for position. I made it farther than most whom have applied. If you are not a family member, friend of employee, or you do not hunt, fish and watch all the shows about, you will not be considered for this position. You will be treated rudely during informal interview and dropped off the eligible candidates list. I do not think the HR department in Ohio knows of this hiring practices, in which skilled candidates are turned away for personal not professional reasons.  less
Pros
lots of electricians have retired with good benefits, nice enviroment for electricians.
Cons
hiring practices are suspect
The most enjoyable part of the job.
Tire Assembly Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 3, 2013
The most enjoyable part of this job was building tires. The relationship between co-workers and management is one to remember.
Supervisors had no people skills
production pool (Former Employee) –  Findlay OHFebruary 23, 2013
First starting out i enjoyed driving the forklift and unloading rubber then the assembly line job came sitting and watching a scale for 12 hours straight they did not care about the end product just wanted their peace rate co workers were nice supervisors did not talk to you and were not personable at all benefits were high co pay would not cover anything
A very hard quality and quanity worker.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 2, 2012
On a typical day my job was always running smooth.I learned to operate a Forklift and a Pallet Jack. Management in my department was not all that good. My co- workers were great pepole to work with.The hardest part of my job was dealing with the heat throughtout the summer.The most enjoyable part of my job was running more quality material than any other shift.
Pros
free safety meals
Cons
heathcare was very expensive
A day at Cooper Tire & Rubber Company
Tire Assembly Technician (Specialist) (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 16, 2012
After working at Cooper Tire & Rubber Company, I have learned the hard work and dedication it takes in order to function on a job. A typical day of work included my clocking in and knowing what was expected of me. I worked at a pace that was efficient for me as well as what was required of my job task. My manager was a person of great compassion and understanding. He helped me to understand the functions of my job, and helped me to better myself as a person. The experiences that I have gained with my fellow co-workers have allowed me to understand the different types of situations that I will have to face in society. For me as an individual, there were no parts of the job that we too strenuous for me to accomplish. Every moment that I have had at Cooper Tire & Rubber Company has be one of enjoyment and lessons of life.
Pros
good health benefits, job incentives, company events