Cooper Tire and Rubber Company

Cooper Tire and Rubber Company Employer Reviews

has given me a good living
Operator (Current Employee), Findlay, OHDecember 15, 2013
Pros: ability to learn different jobs at the plant.
Cons: plant shut downs, getting cut out of hours, loosing pay.
has been good but all the drama of getting bought out by Apollo Tire of India. I just want to know if I am going to have a job from one day to the next.

A typical day at work for me is handling the material that makes the beads for the tires. I have learned different jobs at Cooper Tire and how to have a good working relationship with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job would be running our of product and having to start my machine up and down all day. Which takes a lot of time out of production. The most enjoyable part of my day is having good supervision and having good co-workers.
Steady job with good pay for the area.
Utility / Inspector (Current Employee), Texarkana, ARJuly 12, 2013
Cooper Tire is a good place to work, it can be very demanding work, but you are compensated for your work. The only bad thing about this job is their have been shutdowns and hours cut due to the economy.
OK job, benefits are in decline
Maintainence (Former Employee), Texarkana, ARMay 16, 2013
Pros: great money, not the best for the area but good pay.
Cons: declining benefits.
It is a past paced job and has very good pay for this area. The problem I have mainly is the declining benefits and loss of 401K matching. The long term view in my opinion is in 20 years how much money out of my retirement will I lose due to the company match and the compounding interest it would draw. We have a pension right now but I am not betting on that.

The company is posting record profits but at our expense.
There is a lot of old technology out here that amazingly still works well but getting parts for obsolete equipment is getting tougher.
I make really good money here and there are many people who have been here over 20 years. A great many of them are about to retire also.
Cooper Tire and Rubber Company is a very reputable company that produces quality tires for a broad range of automobiles.
Tire Specialist (Current Employee), Tupelo, MSJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: we have a good benefits package, and a very good working environment. i am very fortuante to work with many very good persons.
Cons: the only con that i can say we have at cooper is the swing shift. i work two weeks on day shift, and then two weeks on night shift, this makes getting used to a set sleeping pattern very difficult.
A typical day at my job entails building and inspecting tires for the replacement tire market. I follow very detailed instructions to ensure that I am operating within the quality and safety guidelines that have been set by the company. I also monitor the materials scrap for our department and log those numbers into a spreadsheet at the end of each day along with any information that explains the waste materials.
More about the bottom line than the employees
Tire Builder (Former Employee), Albany, GADecember 26, 2012
Cons: not enough break time
12 hour work day, expected you to build 30+ tires for the whole shift which left you no time for breaks or lunch
Good job, poor outlook
Floor Leader (Former Employee), Albany, GASeptember 5, 2012
Pros: good pay, fair tasks
Cons: not secure, labor intensive
Let's face it, manufacturing is hardly a safe bet in any field, but the tire industry is particularly volatile. I am not mad at Cooper for shutting down my plant. The pay was fair, but the benefits did decline over time. Again, par for the course in manufacturing... and this is a political issue moreso than management.
hot and extremely dirty place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSAugust 21, 2012
fast paced and pressure from everywhere. the chemicals in the making of a tire can be caustic and dangerous. it was always hot and dirty.
Review
Tire Engineer II (Former Employee), Findlay, OHAugust 7, 2012
Pros: flexible working hours.
Cons: health care
Overall, my experiences working for Cooper Tire were good. There was always a variety of work so that you were not doing the same tasks continually. The people that I worked for were professional, but also caring. Management had dificulty in making a decision and proceeding with completing the projects.
Wish I was still there
Production Leader (Former Employee), Albany, GeorgiaFebruary 26, 2012
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: enviromental hazzards
Cooper Tire and Rubber Company was a great place to learn fast pace industrial production work and be a part of a great team.