Cooper Tire Employee Reviews in United States

Good place, would recommend to anyone looking for factory work
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHApril 12, 2016
Good place to work. Training is in depth. Most enjoyable part is the people. They are very helpful and treat me like family even though I am younger than most of them. Supervisors care about operators and listen if we have a problem and are willing to work with us. Productive atmosphere focused on producing a quality product. I’ve learned a lot about quality and continuous improvement through this job. Work is fast paced. Pay is very good and the company gives benefits and incentives throughout the year to show they appreciate what we do. Would recommend to anyone looking for factory work.
Pros
great compensation, full benefits, union factory
Cons
probably will start on the night shift
New employee, very happy
Production worker (Current Employee) –  Findlay, ohioMarch 21, 2016
I've been here a few weeks and so far very happy with job. Job is what I expected it to be for a factory job and what was explained to me in the hiring process. My co-workers are great and fun to work with and have been helpful in learning the job. Supervisors are easy going and made me feel welcome. I help make the rubber and feel like my job here matters and that i have an important role in the process. For just starting the pay is very good and you're part of the union from day 1. Hardest part for me has been working on nights but I work with a crew so the time goes by fast.
Pros
Co-workers, pay is great, family friendly environment
Cons
short breaks
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHJune 1, 2016
I have been with Cooper for a few months and like the company and my job. I was nervous to start because I wasn't sure what I would be doing at first and the first few weeks were hard. The work is just as hard as they tell you it will be and it can be hot and dirty sometimes. Best advice I can give is to stick with the job, the first few weeks were hard but it has gotten so much better. the people I work with have gotten much friendlier and even though I made alot of mistakes when I started my trainer and supervisor were willing to help me learn the job. If you show up and try to do the best you can it gets noticed here. My pay was up and down at first because of training and learning different jobs but now that I am past that my pay has been higher than what I was told it would be when I started. Good place to work. Stick with it and it will get better.
Pros
team environment, high pay and bonuses, healthcare is cheap, lots of time off
Cons
have to work hard
i like working at cooper tires i like da hours n work
Picker (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJuly 27, 2016
going to work was fun we laugh n still get our work done before its time to go da hardest part was da heat sometimes da air would go out my coworkers make da day go by
Productive place to work.
1st Stage Builder (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSNovember 14, 2015
This is a good place to work they have great managers and great trainers. But we work long hours and the job is very physically demanding.
Pros
We have alot of days off.
Cons
Rotating shift
enjoyed working there good work out
laborer (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJuly 17, 2015
a typical day was fun, dirty and good workout
learned a little about mold changing, rubber, paint..
supervisor was very nice and friendly,other management not up to par
co-workers where great friendly and great workers
the hardest part was to lift and trow big tires after 12 hours..
the most enjoyable part was getting the goal done...
Load product into hot press for 12 hours.
Press Operator - VR (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHSeptember 2, 2015
The work environment is friendly and family oriented. The difficult part of the company is the moving of shifts without warning due to seniority bids.
Pros
Freindly work environment
Cons
Can be moved shifts without warning
good people and environment
Utility maintenance/ Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARSeptember 9, 2015
The co-worker are very easy to get along with. great production team, good medical benefits. Bad management and bad union
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
terrible union and management
Productive, quick-paced job.
Bead Stacker (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJuly 28, 2015
Twelve hour shifts with two ten minute breaks and a thirty minute lunch break. Switches back and forth between night and day shift every two weeks. Good management, alright co-workers.
i like the job but closed down
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 22, 2015
I like the job u could get raise and u can advance in the company. Great compensation / benefits and management. Love working with my co- worker and great team work.
Cooper Tire
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARDecember 10, 2014
The management was really good. Love my job there. I operated the forklift and worked day shift. Only problem i had with them is that i was sick one day and couldnt come in and I contacted them so they knew. I came back the next day and they told me to go home. They did this for about two weeks. When i went to talk to hr they told me that the supervisor had put me in as a no call no show. So with that I ended up loosing my job.
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSSeptember 3, 2014
Working for this company is physically and mentally demanding and time consuming when living over an hour away. I work 12 hour shifts driving the forklift and stacking tires. Every two weeks I change from day shift to night shift. The hardest part about this job is having to stay up during night shifts and getting my body used to sleeping through the day and being up all night. I think the most enjoyable part is knowing that I am able to provide for my family. While working for this company I learned how to adapt to different circumstances.
Pros
breaks are on the clock
Cons
no benefits
I have made a good living at Cooper.
VMI Trainer and operator (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSAugust 18, 2014
Most days at Cooper are fine. We have bad material some days that makes it difficult to run the machine. I have learned a lot about machines and trouble shooting. Most of my co-workers are good friends including management. The swing shift we work is the hardest part of the job.The most enjoyable thing about the job is pride in building a good tire with great people and the pay is good too.
Pros
i make a good wage.
Cons
they took away the retirement.
Tires, Tires, and more Tires.
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJuly 27, 2014
A typical day at this job consisted of loading tires. At this job I learned how they load tires into semi trailers. The management was pretty laid back. I really didnt have much time to talk with my co-workers because we never ran out of tires to load. The hardest part of the job was when you had to load a truck full of the smaller tires, because it was harder to get the trailer to the right wieght. The most enjoyable part of this job was when my 12 hours was over and it was time to go home.
Pros
good sleep
Cons
hard work, long hours
Cooper Tire
Forklift Driver & Loading/Unloading (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 22, 2013
I was a loader and unloader when i first got on with the company but i loaded by hand until the manager saw that i was a hard working man that would actually work and gave me a position to run the forklift so then on i loaded the trucks with the squeeze lift and regular forklift and that job showed me so much concerning production, i am so glad to have had that experience.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
no healthcare
Tire builder (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSFebruary 23, 2014
A great temporary agency to work with, placing me on multiple assignments in a timely manner .Allowing me to increase my skills and knowledge so it enable me to become more marketable in the job field

The staffing recruiter was great! She responded quickly to all of my email and would return phone calls within a short time. She got me a great temporary job! I would use them over and over again!
Productive workplace, and stable employment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHAugust 1, 2014
I learned skills in management. I was responsible for assigning the shift members to their dock doors, and work type. Whether it was a load or an unload. After they had completed that specific door i would assign another door, and i would bill the truck so that it was able to leave the shipping yard.
Great benefits, great management, good work hours, advanced security
Tread Booker (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJune 6, 2013
a typical day at work includes coming in to start our machines as a team and working all night till we need to shut down. i have learned how to make tires. management it great. Co-workers do their job. hardest part of the job is the heat, but most enjoyable is the workers
Pros
great benefits, free lunches
Cons
atmosphere
Honest hard work and long hours
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSDecember 5, 2012
On the sort line we worked 12 hour days and sorted approx. 20,000 tires per shift. It was hard work in a plant that in the summer time would reach temps well over a hundred degrees. On the good side, we were given paid lunch breaks and several other paid breaks throughout the day.
Pros
decent pay, paid lunches
Cons
long shifts, harsh conditions
A good experience.
Tire changer, flat fixer, warehouse,receiving, (Former Employee) –  McAlister, Okla.August 22, 2013
It was a good job while it lasted. The owner was good to me and the rest of the guys. I learned a lot about the tire business while I was there. Also a little about farming. There just was not enough work that year as there was the year before to keep all of us.
Pros
a good life experience
Cons
it did not last