Cooper Tire

Cooper Tire Employee Reviews

i like the job but closed down
Supervisor (Former Employee), Albany, GAJuly 22, 2015
I like the job u could get raise and u can advance in the company. Great compensation / benefits and management. Love working with my co- worker and great team work.
enjoyed working there good work out
laborer (Former Employee), Findlay, OHJuly 17, 2015
a typical day was fun, dirty and good workout
learned a little about mold changing, rubber, paint..
supervisor was very nice and friendly,other management not up to par
co-workers where great friendly and great workers
the hardest part was to lift and trow big tires after 12 hours..
the most enjoyable part was getting the goal done...
extremely hard work
loader (Former Employee), Texarkana, ARMarch 3, 2015
loading or unloading trailers all day or night was physically grueling. its a young mans job . i did it from age 38 to 40 and that was enough
production
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Albany, GAJanuary 29, 2015
I worked with cooper tire for 11 yrs where I held different job titles over my 11 yrs there
Cooper Tire
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Texarkana, ARDecember 10, 2014
The management was really good. Love my job there. I operated the forklift and worked day shift. Only problem i had with them is that i was sick one day and couldnt come in and I contacted them so they knew. I came back the next day and they told me to go home. They did this for about two weeks. When i went to talk to hr they told me that the supervisor had put me in as a no call no show. So with that I ended up loosing my job.
great job with benifits
Treadline member (Former Employee), Albany, GAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: 12 hr shifts
checked machine and rubbers in correct order extruded rubber for sidewall installed proper dies for spec did several quality checks per run
Forklift Driver (Current Employee), Tupelo, MSSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: breaks are on the clock
Cons: no benefits
Working for this company is physically and mentally demanding and time consuming when living over an hour away. I work 12 hour shifts driving the forklift and stacking tires. Every two weeks I change from day shift to night shift. The hardest part about this job is having to stay up during night shifts and getting my body used to sleeping through the day and being up all night. I think the most enjoyable part is knowing that I am able to provide for my family. While working for this company I learned how to adapt to different circumstances.
I have made a good living at Cooper.
VMI Trainer and operator (Current Employee), Tupelo, MSAugust 18, 2014
Pros: i make a good wage.
Cons: they took away the retirement.
Most days at Cooper are fine. We have bad material some days that makes it difficult to run the machine. I have learned a lot about machines and trouble shooting. Most of my co-workers are good friends including management. The swing shift we work is the hardest part of the job.The most enjoyable thing about the job is pride in building a good tire with great people and the pay is good too.
fork lift driver
Fork lift driver (Current Employee), tupelo,msAugust 17, 2014
I work swing shift. 12 hour days driving a fork lift. The management is good and it has a good work environment.
Productive workplace, and stable employment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Findlay, OHAugust 1, 2014
I learned skills in management. I was responsible for assigning the shift members to their dock doors, and work type. Whether it was a load or an unload. After they had completed that specific door i would assign another door, and i would bill the truck so that it was able to leave the shipping yard.
Tires, Tires, and more Tires.
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), Texarkana, ARJuly 27, 2014
Pros: good sleep
Cons: hard work, long hours
A typical day at this job consisted of loading tires. At this job I learned how they load tires into semi trailers. The management was pretty laid back. I really didnt have much time to talk with my co-workers because we never ran out of tires to load. The hardest part of the job was when you had to load a truck full of the smaller tires, because it was harder to get the trailer to the right wieght. The most enjoyable part of this job was when my 12 hours was over and it was time to go home.
Fun place to work
Material Handler and Odd Jobs (Former Employee), Athens, GAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: we had picnics, and christmas dinner all that was fiun.
Cons: we could used a little more time for breaks especally during the summer time when it was very hot.
I work at Cooper Tire for 25 Years, I have good and not so good experiences, but overall It kept my life going forward.
I really enjoyed my coworkers , but the managment sucks
inspector (Former Employee), Texarkana, ARJune 25, 2014
Pros: pay, coworkers, timeoff
Cons: everything else
this place is hot but its a decent job, you cant trust management ot HR
Productive work place
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Texarkana, ARJune 8, 2014
Pros: good insurance
Great instructors,
good overtime
good insurance
12 hour shifts
good family time
hardest part is the 12hours
Working at at manufacturing company
tugger (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: not enough hours and is not a set shift
Working there was a getting and helpful opportunity. It thought my responsibility and leadership. I grew because of that job.
Tire builder (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSFebruary 23, 2014
A great temporary agency to work with, placing me on multiple assignments in a timely manner .Allowing me to increase my skills and knowledge so it enable me to become more marketable in the job field

The staffing recruiter was great! She responded quickly to all of my email and would return phone calls within a short time. She got me a great temporary job! I would use them over and over again!
Productive and energetic
Tire Tech (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: positive enegy
Cons: less than 40 hours a week
I had good days. My Supervisors were fun and down to earth. My co-workers were easy to get along with. When the task were difficult there was always someone to enlighten me further.
productive and fun workplace
Grind line Operator, TSU (Current Employee), Texarkana, ARJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: good hours, lots of overtime
Cons: short breaks no insurance
i really did like working with the people there and it allowed me to work alot of overtime which i liked the most.
Nice Work Environment
Tire Maker (Former Employee), Albany, GADecember 30, 2013
Pros: nice pay
Cons: long hours
I wish this company never went over seas. They treated employee well i would advise anyone work there
Your only temporary
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Albany, GANovember 4, 2013
Worked through a temp service. Management was easy to get along with but very inconsistent. Got paid half of what was normally paid by Cooper Tire. No benefits.

About Cooper Tire

Cooper Tire & Rubber is a real wheeler dealer. The company is┬áthe fourth-largest tire manufacturer in North America (behind the – Read more

Cooper Tire Salaries