Cooper University Hospital Employee Reviews

Great people to work with in department.
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 20, 2017
Department was outsourced. 35 people (nurses and other staff) loss their jobs. No option given to transfer to another position.
There was not any kind of heads up or warning. Very harsh way of doing things in my opinion.
Great job experience especially for those who seek a job in law enforcment
Day- Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 8, 2017
My job is very challenging and at most times is a high stress environment. Due to the fact we work in a very hostile city we tend to deal with agitated people on a day to day basis. It provides a good insight look on how to deal with the public, and teaches you how to keep your cool in high stress situations. We constantly get into physical altercations and can some times lead to injury. The benefit package is very great. Management tend to threw regular officers under the bus instead of sticking up for them. They also tend to be lazy and pass the buck onto the regular officers as well. Administration has currently taken away our breaks and only allow us a 20 minute lunch break, where managers and supervisors still get there 30- 1 hour lunch. The only enjoyable part of the job is the other officers you work with. You will grow bonds with them and occasionally hang out after work.
Pros
Great Networking
Cons
Lousy Management
Employees beware
Clinical Practice Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 6, 2017
Unprofessional, sexist, racist management. Upper management likes to belittle employees infront of other employees and patients. Management lies about their employees to cover their own backs. Employees don't have eachother backs fearing management will fire them.
Pros
Cons
Disrespectful managment, Low morale, short staffed, very high employee turnover
Exciting fast paced environment
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 27, 2017
The staff at Cooper are very friendly, makes working there great. Very fast paced environment, requires you to think on your feet on occasion. Working directly with patients can be very rewarding and very difficult at times.
Productive, pleasant environment,
Clinical Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Camden New JerseyMarch 24, 2017
A great place to work , excellent team spirit.
Embraces diversity.
I worked with members of the team, providing education to patients disease management
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 19, 2017
Department I work for ABS is a fairly new department, it still needs some adjusting but I am sure once it is fully staffed things will fall into place.
learn multiple jobs
Charge entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 13, 2017
i enjoyed working with for this company I learned multiple jobs and the environment was very pleasant. especially my supervisor who is always pleasant and warm hearted person. She is always there for support and is very encouraging.
Pros
great management
Cons
pto hours was not enough.
Great Job
Patient Companion (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 6, 2017
I Love working here,get to be aside patient everyday ! Everyday is a new experience I wish the pay was more compared to Philly pay but i'm fine with it
Ok place to work
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 21, 2017
I like working at cooper because I like the people I work with, but the pay is horrible ! We do not get raise like we suppose to. I feel the techs and clerks are being under paid
Great experience
HIV Counselor and Tester (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 20, 2017
I have worked in numerous departments at Cooper Hospital and all have helped me learn and grow to move on to the next. Wonderful place to gain experience and build a career.
Beware!
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 12, 2017
It's very unfortunate that the CIO still has their job and in doing so simply shows not only how disconnected Senior Leadership truly is, but also that being a bully pays off.

If you are looking to join an IT organization that actually lives by the companies organizational culture, cares about its employees engagement, trusts their employees, listens to their talent instead of having meaningless all staff meetings, worthless lip service and powerless leaders, then Coopers CIO organization is for you!

Sadly enough it's actually a group of great analysts, infrastructure and server specialists and a few report developers, but a powerless leadership team and a sexist, racist, unprofessional CIO control freak has poisoned this area
Pros
Cafe onsite is decent
Cons
CIO, Powerless AVP/Directors, CIO, Projects knowingly understaffed, CIO, Morale, CIO
great people
PRN Pool Nurse Associate (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJ 08103February 4, 2017
I've been with Cooper for almost 2 years. Always something new to learn with a wonderful staff who takes the time to teach!
Great place to work and always learning something new
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 26, 2017
My experience at Cooper was life changing. The co-workers I worked with made up a great team. I was able to grow from being a secretary to an RN. I learned so many important principles.
Mixed emotions
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cherry hill, camdenJanuary 21, 2017
I have mixed emotions with this company, the managers In numerous offices seem to be extremely incompetent to say the least. Only an associates degree seems to be required to be a practice manager which explains a lot. Short staffed, under paid, and under appreciated. Paients, staff, doctors constantly complain but it seems the higher ups don't care about patients or staff they care about money. I can't picture myself being here much loner, I expected so much more form this company.
Pros
Many locations
Cons
Pay, management, company policies
a fun and productive place
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 20, 2017
i was on internship program , its a nice and very busy place to work at, you barely have time to eat. a lot of experiences to learn
i have been here for 16years and i am blessed
Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 19, 2017
I am at a very busy important position at my job customers and patient are priority.
I am a hard worker I love to be a team leader learn new things.
help others. I really have no hardest part in my I tri my best to get things done.
Pros
flexable with days off good commuication
Cons
The norm for this type of job
Nutrition Worker (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 11, 2017
On a standard day of work, I would be assigned to deliver food to the clinical areas of the hospital, perform sanitation duties and fill in the stock sheet for nourishments. I learned that time management is a valuable lesson because often times I'd have my hands full doing multiple assignments. The employees are backstabbers, but I kept my distance. I recommend you to have patience and good time management. The boss wasn't a fan favor of any employee of the department. She has reputation of treating the workers unfairly. Overall, I enjoyed getting to know the medical staff and most of the patients.
Unsupportive management, unhappy atmosphere
RN, full time (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 9, 2017
Full time on the ICU was a busy, fast-paced environment. Cooper is an awesome place to learn as they treat some of the sickest of the sick. Moral on the unit was very low and there was little support from management. The hardest part of my job was the lack of support from supervision. The best part of my job was all that I learned on the unit
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
low moral, negative atmosphere
Very busy work place
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 8, 2017
Worked three 12 hour days over lapping 3 shifts. Very busy job.
Enjoyed all my coworkers many of whom I worked with for many years.
Hardest part of job was my long commute.
externship
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 4, 2017
At first it wasn't what I expected, I was in the MICU which on most days could be very laid back. I've been a waitress my whole life so I'm used to being fast paced and always on my feet, so this was a change for me. Once I got into the swing of how they run things there it became much easier. My second preceptor made me feel very comfortable, she included me in everything and showed me the ropes. I continued to stay with her for the rest of my extern. Patients were for the most part all cooperative and I got along with all of them. I just went in with attitude "treat them how I would want to be treated". Some of them were in there for weeks at a time so I could completely understand if they were having a bad day, and I respected that.
This was my first externship at a hospital, my other two previous ones were at rehabilitation centers, and I can honestly say that I think I'd be happy working either or. I just enjoy being around and helping people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cooper University Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Cooper University Hospital Reviews by Location