Cooper University Hospital

Cooper University Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Reliable , Professional
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 24, 2016
fast-paced environment, many growth opportunities, co-workers are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Management can be more understanding. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping my patients and not just doing my job, but doing my job the right way.
that has been here for many years when implementing a new system or new protocols.
Pros
Great Health benefits!. The best! Many employee discounts to different out side of work activities
Good learning experience with variety of clients.
Pediatric Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJDecember 2, 2015
After receiving report on clients caring for, make observation of client administer medication/treatment. Document observation, medications/treatments. Communication with M,D, any abnormal findings/concerns about client.
Manager would have periodic staff meetings at convenient times so as not to conflict with the caring of the clients. Coworkers pulled together to help each other.
The hardest part of the job was working twelve hour shifts.
Enjoyed the amount of time off.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Long shifts
Awful
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 28, 2016
Worst place ever with poor management. Loony bin. the most enjoyable part of the day was leaving. Learned to watch my back.
benefits
Cons
poor management
All Flash, No Substance
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Not good. Unreasonable working conditions and demands without the tools to do the job right. Computer software is upgraded without notice and no training is provided; there is no requirement for clerical/administrative staff to know how to use the software. With every passing year, employee benefits and salary increases have continued to drop while the cost of the remaining benefits continues to rise; so each year we bring home less and less despite the 1-2% raise. Hard working trustworthy employees receive little to no recognition, and "seniority" means you'll soon be out the door. It is the politically-minded and manipulative who receive the recognition, raises and job security. Priority is given to whatever activities are most likely to gain prestige and power for the powers-that-be (like the beautification of Camden, which has taken precedence over keeping good employees and physicians, patient safety, etc.).
Pros
at one time it was the benefits, but not now.
Cons
too many to name
Workplace was great, clean and treats employees exceptionally well.
Clinical Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NJMay 3, 2016
I worked at Underwood (Inspira) hospital for 2 years. I had a great relationship with all the employees. This was a safe and happy environment. Unfortunately, l was only offered a per diem position and at the time I need health insurance and more hours. Great Hospital, Wonderful care!
Pros
Learn alot about the Healthcare field
Cons
Not enough hours or insurance benifits
Productive and Fun Environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 11, 2016
A typical work day for me at Cooper Hospital was very entertaining. I worked the front desk to greet and sign patients in. I then was able to take the patients to their designated room and get them set up for the nurse. I loved to interact with every patient I saw.
Positive work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Camden NJApril 2, 2015
Cooper is an awesome place to work with excellent benefits and an all around positive environment to work. Management is very supportive and is always willing to help us advance within Cooper's Health System.
Pros
health and education benefits
Cons
short breaks
Cooper Review
Registered Nurse Oncology/Medical-Surgical (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 4, 2016
Staff morale is high on a less than adequately staffed unit. Consistent and considerably high census' mean there are many opportunities for leadership skills to be cultivated.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Staffing, census
Great Place, Poor Management
Patient Transportation (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJNovember 29, 2015
Great Environment. Great Co-Workers. Poor management that goes back on promises made when hired. Scheduling is a nightmare. Worked per-diem job but was forced to work more hours then available had to leave company.
No advancement!!!!
Receptionist II (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJNovember 20, 2014
I liked working here only weekends. I was here for 3-4 years and I got laid off because of family leave. My manager didn't care about me having to miss work and be on family leave. She was rude and selfish. I asked for more hours when I got back and she refused to comply. I would never work here again because of my experience. I only stayed because they have one of the best insurance plans and benefits are awesome.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no advancement, poor pay, poor management
hard work and challenging
PACU RN (Current Employee) –  canden, New jerseyMay 1, 2016
Great place to work and grow!
Level I trauma center for south Jersey.
Diverse workforce.
"One Team, One Purpose" is patient experience approach.
Pros
new knowledge
Cons
hard work
Good workplace
Developer (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJDecember 30, 2014
Good environment and workplace. They still need to improve some steps in their work process and culture, but they have good team of people and they are improved day by day.

The work balance is good and have good benefits. The only point relate to the benefits that is not good is the health insurance since whether you want to use a doctor outside the cooper network you will need to pay a high copay and deductible.
Pros
work remote from home, pto policy
Practice Nurse (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 25, 2016
A lot of work, very busy, non stop. Always busy. Constant work flow.
Phones are always ringing, test are always needed. patients are always coming.
Radiology Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 4, 2015
Management always worked with my schedule. Great work culture. Benefits were good. You get a 24% discount on your cell phone bill with Verizon or ATT. It takes up to a year of work in one position before you are eligible for a transfer though, which can be a downside for fast promotions.
Cooper is an exciting place to work. There are lots of fun people to meet. I also enjoy the restaurant and Abco Credit Union on the premises.
Central Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Camden, New JerseyJuly 3, 2015
1. A typical day at work is productive, exciting and adventurous.
2. I've learned that a soft answer turns away escalated emotions.
3. Management must remain level headed and calm no matter what.
4. My co-workers are funny and at times reminds you of a family member that needs a distance to provoke time in which to think.
5. The hardest part of my job at Cooper is the physical components when lifting consecutively within a day. It wears the body down.
6. The most enjoyable part of the job is us working together as a team to save a life and spending time to celebrate that moment.
Over the last dozen years coporate culture has become top heavy.
Histology Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Camden New JerseyMarch 7, 2014
When I first started there the company was coming back from the brink of bankruptcy people really cared and did the best with what you had, outstanding team work and cooperation. Now they think that they are a big shot organization and want to emulate their competitors. The problem is that there is more emphasis on being a cheerleader than doing the job. My coworkers were a lot of really outstanding people who work very hard and get very little recognition other than the privilege of coming back the next day and doing it all over again.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
2% pay raise is all you can hope for
Unreliable Management
PA (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 7, 2015
Management does not have the credentialing or skills to lead the staff working for them. There is little opportunity to be innovative and improve the patient experience. I would highly recommend to look elsewhere for a position within Cooper University Hospital.
Place for Growth
RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 29, 2014
There are no typical days as a bedside nurse! This is one of the things I love about my career, but also one of the things that makes my career so challenging.
Cooper is a wonderful hospital that provides excellent benefits and opportunities to its' employees. As a full time RN, I had the opportunity to go to a well known MSN program free of charge.
I now work on a small unit where patients can stay with us for weeks to months. It's nice being a part of a tight knit unit where staff and patients get to know each other and work so well together.
Pros
educational benefits
Learning New things
Critical Care Technician/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJNovember 18, 2015
As a floater I was able to work with various employees and patients alike. Having to adapt to a constant changing environment, learning and understanding new systems was right up my ally!
Great place to work. Amazing physicians who take do a phenominal job in caring for their patients.
Administrative Practice Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 13, 2015
Great work enviroment with supportive management. It's not what you do, it's how you do it. Fast paced work environment. Team members are supportive and continuously make this a rewarding learning experience.