CooperVision Employee Reviews

My well Program is very for the employer
Product Support Technician (Current Employee), Juana Diaz Puerto RicoAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Good Cofee
Cons: no grow up for me
Big company. Good People. Good Goal , Good Communication. Team work player.Very hard worker there.very clean factory
production of contact lenses (Former Employee), Norfolk VaAugust 4, 2015
Pros: employee incentives
Cons: when machinery didn't function correctly
The workday was energizing and challenging. It was a job where and individual had to pay attention to detail and stay focused
I got along great with everyone
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), ScottcvilleJuly 28, 2015
I learned a lot of different jobs, my co-workers made it feel like a real team. We worked together to get the job done by being cross-trained.
Overall very good company to work for
Quality Inventory Control Clerk/Trainer (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: high turnover rate
Fun place to work at, as co-workers are very supportive and helpful. Management is number driven but still sees the human side and is very pro-safety, pro-active in employees health. Not much red tape for the size company it is but there is some and this is to be expected of all companies to some degree.
It's a good place to work that offers very good benefits.
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJune 28, 2015
Pros: Their Benefits.
Cons: Their Attendance policy and Pay raise system.
I like working at Coopervision and I will always appreciate the fact they gave me the opportunity to work there, but I will like to do something different this days...
Worked well together as a team
Purchasing Supervisor (Former Employee), Scottsville, NYJune 27, 2015
Every day was different and there were always new things to learn. I enjoyed working with a wide variety of people/personalities and problem solving.
Fast Paced with added Benefits
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee), Fairport, NYJune 19, 2015
Pros: $25 gift card for meeting service level or other goals, free ice cream, free gym and trainer
Cons: Lunch could be an hour instead of 45 minutes, heat/ac never set right
A Typical Day: taking 70 to 130 calls, filling out paper work, tracking orders, placing orders, assist with fitting

What You've Learned: Never knew there was so much to a contact lens. How to be patient and use keen listening skills

Co-workers: The ones that you sit with on a daily basis you get to know and become very close with. Everyone is there to help each other. The co-workers that have been there are always willing to help the new reps.

The hardest part of the job: Sometimes you get that frustrating call that bogs you down. You need to learn to brush it off and don't carry the unhappiness to the next call.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Hearing the joy in the customer's voice knowing you helped them out. Also knowing that you improve the way people see every day.
Excelent Company and low Compensation Benefits
Regulatory Compliance Manager (Current Employee), PRJune 12, 2015
Pros: Job Work with Life Balances
Cons: Low Compensation and benefits
Information will be provided during a Personal interview. This is a sensitive information that I prefer share directly when I have the opportunity.
Fast pace work
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 26, 2015
Had to reach quotas each night. Hard to understand supervisors because they hardly spoke English. Learned how to say some words in another language.
Great company, great experience
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2015
Pros: positive environment, advancement possible, rewards hard work, treats employees well
Cons: long hours with frequent overtime hours, last minute late Skype meetings
Fast paced, but quality not lost. Management is great, always available and there to help. Driven and motivated team with creative and intelligent inputs and contributions. Coworkers were professional and friendly. Very rewarding experience with wonderful clients.
Consistent job opportunities with temp/new hire positions
Glue, trim, and Label press machine operator (Former Employee), West Henrietta, NYApril 8, 2015
Consistent work flow with continuous job/career development. Over time was offered on a continuous basis with new areas of the company to learn and train in to excel in career.
Not particularly fulfilling
Employee (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 8, 2015
Pros: Paid lunch breaks
Cons: short breaks
A typical day involved an assortment of repetitive tasks to be done over and over until the shift is over. Not to be recommended for anyone that wants mental stimulation in their work.
great job
Clerk (Former Employee), Henrietta, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: location, different projects to work on and a bright place
Cons: hard to get hired, not enough work
working at coopervision was fun and serious at the same time, fast pace and alot of organizational skills needed, good hours and a very clean place to work and a good environment to work in.
elecommute facilityCompensations - health and otherwiseannual bonusResult oriented work environment Cons I do not have anything negative about my wor
Quality Assurance Analyst/Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee), pleasonton caFebruary 20, 2015
telecommute facilityCompensations - health and otherwiseannual bonusResult oriented work environment
Cons
I do not have anything negative about my work experience
Excellent place to work
Maintenance Facilitator (Former Employee), PRJanuary 12, 2015
Excellent place to work. Many opportunities available to be developed in the personal and profesional environment. Good employer and good business partners.
Delivery service was one of my favorite kinds of work
Production Operator (Former Employee), Scottsville, NYDecember 29, 2014
Velocity express was a great place to work. While there I received the knowledge and expertise to run my own delivery service company.
fast paced company freindly atmosphere great opportunities.
Distrubition worker (Former Employee), Henrietta, NYDecember 10, 2014
Pros: monthy bonuses if numbers are reached. end of year recognition.
Cons: points system, 10 minute breaks were a must not 1 minute over.
At Coopervision my responsibilities included the following, I was a voice picker I had to put on a belt and headset. Listen for the recording log on and listen at what product had to be picked. We had a quta of 100 picks per hour was required. During my 8 years with this company I learned how to work smart, and at a fast pace, Also I learned how to be a team player wich is very important. The management team were friendly but stern when needed to be. I enjoyed the people, very fun experience.
I Loved this job!!!!!
Logistics Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), West Henrietta, NYNovember 13, 2014
Pros: fun job, good pay
Cons: it was sometimes chilly in the warehouse
I worked second shift, but I think the better people were on that shift. my job was to package and ship out the orders (contact lenses). We were able to leave on break:) And we got paid a very reasonable hourly wage.
They have a purpose, a mission that everyone understands. Even better every employee can tell you the role he or she plays in achieving that purpose.f
Distribution Associate (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: healthcare a bit expensive.
I was hired through a temp agency and was unsure about going this route to get a position at a company. After only a few months i was approached by my coordinator asking if i would like to be hired and be a team player at Cooper Vision. My first position was an area called Voice, then i moved over to the shipping department. I liked the fact that the company wanted their employees to be well rounded and knowledgeable about all areas of the distribution plant. In my opinion this is great business ethics as you don't become bored working on only one area of the plant and the employees become much more productive in the end. About one year of my employment i decided to apply for QIC/inventory control. This was definitely a step up in the company with a pay raise and also training to get my man- up license which i did complete and enjoyed very much. I had to leave the company for personal reasons and to this day,i miss my job at Cooper Vision.
Great place to work.
Process Improver Technician (Former Employee), PRSeptember 15, 2014
It is a good place to work but I want to grow professionally and financially as well. I want expand my knowledge and experience in the field of engineering.