Coordinated Health Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 5, 2017
Productive and fun workplace but never would work 40 hrs a week.
We saw about 25 to 30 patients a day.
I learned front office (billing)
Insurance verification for patients.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Used to be great
CBO (Former Employee) –  Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PAOctober 17, 2017
After many, many years of working here and putting in my hardworking, dedicated time...I decided to leave CH and go to another company. CH is not what it used to be. Full of drama, inexperienced managers who are not qualified, and terrible healthcare benefits. Enormous turnover rates and the employees are not paid enough for the work they do.
Pros
Some wonderful coworkers
Cons
Terrible management
My review
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 15, 2017
I can tell that racism is definitely alive and present in Coordinated Health. You are targeted for things that are outside of your control and disciplined for others mistakes, even with undisputable evidence.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Inadequately staffed, training needs improving
Not a good place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wind Gap, PAOctober 6, 2017
Management was always yelling at employees for over time. Hours were constantly changing. Very Difficult company to work for. You are not treated fairly.
Coordinated Health
Surgery Scheduler/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 6, 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed working at Coordinated Health. I have worked here for 16 years. I have been working the early morning shift since February 2017. Early shift meaning 4 AM to 12:30 PM. I am looking for a job with normal hours.
Fitness/Sports Training
Fitness Coordinater (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 29, 2017
Great place for clients in corrective exercise training; especially after an injury of any level; in an orthapedic setting. Offers off-site athletic training. Cons: small space of training & only one location, below average employee pay, no advancement.
Not the place for me
Surgical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 5, 2017
Coordinated Health is not a employee friendly atmosphere. The reason I stayed so long was because of the flexible work schedule I had. There are too many doctors and you are just a number unlike LVPG Ortho, It also felt like you were on an assembly line when you were in the office. You just went from one area to the next, not knowing what you were going to be doing next.
I however did like my job. It gave me great satisfaction knowing I was the go to person for my particular physician, His patients knew this too.
My boss was exceptional/ He was kind, understanding and always willing to help you figure things out.
Excellent Coworkers but management sucks!
RN (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 2, 2017
We have been thru 4 or 5 managers in the last 8 years I have been here and we can not seem to get any one who knows how to run an OR! They play favorites and if you are not one of them or if you disagree slightly with what is said, you're "punished" in a passive aggressive manor. Rules are always changed and assignments are made to benefit the favorites which are always the ones who do the least and the people that do what needs to be done or always do their job as they should, end up being screwed over. The manager will gossip with other employees and talk about them with other employess. It is NOT a fair environment to work in and it feels like being in high school all over again.
Pros
Most coworkers are friendly and feel like family.
Cons
Management is immature, unfair and doesnt know the job well enough.
Good place to grow
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 17, 2017
CHS has grown a great deal over the past decade in many very positive ways.
Management has gotten even better, as is the appreciation of the employees.
Great experience!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 14, 2017
I was able to shadow multiple health care providers such as receptionists, medical assistants, technicians, physician assistants, doctors in the clinic and operating room, and physical therapists. Then I was able to meet with a research assistant to develop my own literature review paper.
Review
Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 28, 2016
Great place to work, the managers are extremely helpful. Helping people is their number one priority. It is a quickly paced job but is an extremely rewarding place to work.
Alright place, not best but not worst.
NSFW. (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 13, 2016
A physician owned hospital says it all. Doctors complain about anything and management will run to fix and not back up the little guys at all. Benefits are like any other place, People are great.
Great patient environment; not a great environment for employees
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eastern PennsylvaniaJune 5, 2016
Best place I've ever worked for patient care. I've never been happier with how well the company and the employees care for patients. The great patient care comes at the price of the employees. I've never worked at a place with so much employee turnaround.

Lower level management is atrocious. They sit in their offices while the MAs struggle to care for patients. When you ask them to assist you or help you when there's a problem, they throw their hands up and say I can't help you.
Pros
Great learning enviornment, great patient care
Cons
high employee turnaround; lack of trust in low level management
wounderfull place to work
OR Sterile processing technician (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PA 18104May 12, 2016
small facility
team- work
fun to work
flexible
good benefits
an excellent place to work
activities are provide through the year to keep employe motivated
selection of employe of the month tropic and reward are provide plus get to be in publicity- magazine
Love helping my clients!
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 13, 2016
Coordinated Health Services, a nonprofit organization, is a coalition of community agencies established in 1992 for the care of the homeless. The major goal of Coordinated Health Services is to improve access to healthcare for the homeless by providing preventive and primary health care services, as well as coordinating and linking services with other healthcare providers and community agencies. To accomplish this goal, Coordinated Health Services, Inc. sponsors the Good Samaritan Respite Center and St. Vincent dePaul Health Center. Best place to work for nonprofit. Able to set your own hours, fast-paced and great environment.
Pros
job flexibility
Cons
funding issues for payroll
Benefits cost
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 6, 2016
I was offered a position at C.H. as a courier. Everyone I dealt with from H.R. down to the people that worked the reception desk ,were very kind. The pay rate wasn't great but I kind of assumed the benefits would be, since it is a health organization. Unfortunately once you calculated the cost of benefits, deductibles and co pays on prescriptions , there was just a few hundred dollars left per month that I would clear. You couldn't possibly live on that wage while paying out all the healthcare cost. If you were a professional , I am sure you could absorb the cost much easier due to a much better pay rate. C.H. should revisit pay for nonprofessionals and be a little more realistic about what pay they deserve. I consider myself to be a dedicated honest person who would had been a asset to the company. You will find that retaining decent people does require a decent wage that is livable after taking in consideration the cost of benefits.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Poor pay, benefits
Limited Advancement Opportunities
Director of Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 4, 2016
Be prepared to be overwhelmed and overlooked. Good group of people to work with in management. Upper management is very changeable.
productive and very pleasant to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 10, 2016
been here for a few months love working with my team and the patient are so pleasant as well i learned allscripts copay authorizations refferal and
Pros
free lunchez
Cons
short breaks
Patient Care Technician
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 1, 2016
After LVH took over Coordinated Health, My previous surgeon which I will leave unnamed to protect his/her job now spends 2 minutes per patient at the Ortho & Pain Management departments located at 1621 N Cedar Crest Blvd location, X-rays were taken of areas of body I never even went in for treatment.

They charged insurance company for them even after I insisted was there for a different condition.

The whole staff is pushed to the limit to run extra unnecessary tests to keep this place profitable.

Patient supplies are delivered in parking lots, subject to Infection Control, which there is no department that oversees this.

Completely unacceptable.
Pros
Cons
Doctors are required to see so many patients or subject to discharge, just like all the health care providers in the LVH area
business office on winchester road
a/r specialist (Former Employee) –  winchester road allentown paJanuary 7, 2016
They lied at the interview with everything they said, u cannot make up hours, and also the big problem is THE SECOND FLOOR OF THE BUILDING HAS ROACHES!!! BABY ROACHES CRAWL ON YOUR DESK AND BIG ROACHES ALSO, THEY DO NOTHING ABOUT IT BUT SET TRAPS OUT THAT DO NOTHING. its disgusting! I would never suggest anyone works here unless u want to be lied to and bring roaches home with you. no breaks either just a half hour lunch
Cons
roaches