CoorsTek Employee Reviews in United States

great company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 29, 2016
good company everybody works as team . clean shop good pay management was good. you get the chance to learn more and move up with the company .
The typical workplace
Department Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Golden, COApril 14, 2016
On a typical day of work, the job is usually quick with the coworkers always wiling to work with one another. Learning how to operate CNC machinery was a big leap. Management is very cooperative with the employees. The hardest part of the job is learning the dimensions of a new customer's requirements on blueprints. The most enjoyable part of the job is the great amount of learning about the CNC programming within a machine.
Pros
Great communication between management, coworkers, and employees.
Cons
N/A
Poor management, not equal opportunity employer
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 6, 2016
No room for advancement. Too much favoritism. Lack of machining knowledge. Supervisor doesn't know anything. Plant manager is running the company to the ground. Place is dirty. You will never get bonuses cause they scrap parts everyday. You make a mistake everyone knows. The people they favorite make a mistake it's swept under the rug. There's no future a Coorstek.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, favoritism, plant manager
Not and equal opportunity workplace
Laser Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 3, 2016
I am looking to leave this position because of unprofessional management. There is too much favoritism in the department that I currently work in. I was moved up to lasers from my old department because my old supervisor wanted to see me use all of my skills and be at my full potential, however the shift I was moved to was graveyard and after being on it for a year, I am finding it difficult to maintain and even though it is becoming a health concern, I am un-able to move to a different shift.
Cons
Management, favoritism
Very productive and fast paced environment
Machine Operator II (Former Employee) –  Golden, COFebruary 24, 2016
A good place to work if you like having a lot of OT. Very friendly people and management. Fast paced and strives for the best quality products.
work work work
CNC Machinist/Programmer (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAFebruary 3, 2016
This company isn't for everyone. This is a job shop that can keep one busy at all times. It's a lot of repetitive jobs that at times can be annoying. Typical day at work is starting off busy. The work environment is not all that great, old machines. My small group of co workers are great to work with. The hardest part of my job is trying to please others. Cant win them all.
Pros
quartely meals
Cons
no bonuses
They pretend to follow christian beliefs BEWARE OF MANAGMENT as they have strayed far from the lords path!!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJanuary 26, 2016
Avoid their Phony Sales Pitch about having culture and believing in the lord they are a greedy family. I know several people having shared a unfortunately similar experience.
Pros
401k
Cons
Harrassment complaints snuffed at low managment level then corprate human resorces.
great place to reach your goals
lead III / Technician 3 (Former Employee) –  Golden, CODecember 18, 2015
I worked for 10 years, and all the people was friendly. Management will help you in everything you need. If you really want to move up just work hard and management will see that
Pros
friendly people
Cons
can get tired of too much overtime, but money is good
Fun to work at company
Senior Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CADecember 14, 2015
This company was great in all aspects and fun to work at. (company got bought out by Sanmina) There was no hard part of this company as everyone enjoyed working at the company as it did not put pressure on employees.
Pros
Great atmosphere with company
Cons
no cons
very productive place but super stressful
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  venturaAugust 5, 2015
the hardest part of the job is when our machines is not working well at some point and we cannot make production and we have to reach our quota.moreover about the schedule is the problem they tend to tell you your schedule at the last min

(ex: todays date 8/6/2015 thursday.

Schedule for Saturday 1st shift,swing shift,and graveyard (employers name:_______) 8/8/2015 saturday is to be determined.
And they will post a new schedule on friday at 3:30pm
schedule for so that you cant say no,if you do say no then theyll give you a written warning
Pros
jolly co workers
Cons
management, schedule, dirtyplace, selfish, unfair
Hard working environment
Ceramic Materials Processor (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJune 21, 2015
good company, hard work, but good family atmosphere. The management was good and there was room to move up in the company. this job is very physically demanding and requires many certifications (these cert. are provided through the company).
Pros
I like the way the breaks are scheduled, makes the workday go by faster
Do not work here
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasApril 22, 2015
I received a job here in January 2015. A month and a half later I was laid off because of work shortage. Understandable to be laid off, but for them to not call back and the staffing company they use, is a joke. They are now hiring for a setup machinist which I am, but the team leader wants you to be a button pusher and does not like to listen to other employees suggestions. They will promise you a bunch to get you in the door. Do not work here.
Pros
Cheap vending machines
Cons
Almost everything else.
Productive.
Laser Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COFebruary 2, 2015
Running laser machine and checking the quality of the product that the machines created. Management worked hand and hand with us as a team
fun and a good working enviroment
Production Worker/ kilin loader (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJanuary 6, 2015
it was a good company to work for just they go through a temp agency
Pros
non
Cons
non
double standard...they dont want humans they want robots
QC In-Process Inspector II (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CADecember 27, 2014
I choose not to comment on this company. I don't know why indeed wants a long story about this to continue.
High stress work enviroment
In Process Inspector 2 (Former Employee) –  Golden COOctober 22, 2014
run machines, adjust processes, monitor operator production, move product and raw material.

learned how to run compaction presses, use x-ray machine to test product density, manage production tracking, use SPC process tracking software.

Management expectations are high.

co-workers are helpful.

doing the job of 3 people is the hardest part of the job.

most enjoyable part of job is knowing the product you make saves lives.
laid back ping pong table free peanut butter and crakers
Machinist, Engineering Associate, Safety Rep (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2014
Ordering tooling checking for safety issues and correcting them updating programs Quoting jobs
management is good
good coworkers
Hardest part
Getting people to wear safety glasses and PPE is hard
best part
Helping to keep things flowing and on time
Pros
pot luck lunches
Cons
not getting reviewed on time no back pay
Unique experience
Daivd Collins (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJuly 15, 2014
Interesting products, great co-workers, management could get involved more.
a diamond in the rough
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAMay 9, 2014
this place has great potential. Loyal employees and an innovator in their industry.
A great, fast paced machining environment where you truly own your work.
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARApril 23, 2014
Great management that makes sure you have what you need to do your work and then entrusts you to be responsible for all areas of production. Good group of coworkers make it exciting to work together to keep production on schedule. The best part of the job is the freedom of scheduling your own setups and doing your own inspections. The hardest part of the job is the long, 12 hour shifts.
Pros
several breaks with ping pong ease the 12 hour shift blues.
Cons
old machines are difficult to hold tight tolerances.