CoorsTek Employee Reviews

Aweful place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNApril 5, 2017
Have nothing to say but just aweful. Should be a union here benefits are horrible and the support system is aweful. One day I hope companies like this go away
Place to Work
Just a Guy (Current Employee) –  Golden, COMarch 28, 2017
Every plant has its ups and downs, major downfall is lack of communication. Good people at all levels, supporting the lacking. Company has a great vision and for company success, just some poor people in key places to achieve the the C-Officers goals.
Good Pay And Opportunities But Poor Management
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNMarch 8, 2017
Favoritism plays a large part within the company. Performance is rewarded. There's opportunity for advancement. Pay is good. If you are willing to play the game, it's a great place.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Favoritism
big break room with tvs
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJanuary 31, 2017
it was a hard job to do didn't have all the proper forklifts or material to get our daily duties done so it made our job harder and longer to get done
Pros
3 breaks a day
Cons
never got free lunches
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TN 37830January 31, 2017
Overall, CoorsTek is a wonderful place to work. CoorsTek has a great team environment where employees and managers work together to achieve goals. The company really knows how to show appreciation to their employees. And there is a good life-work balance and very comparable benefits package.
Not the best place
Inspection and packer (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARJanuary 7, 2017
This place was not the best place to work. When I was employed there from. 2003-2007 I always felt unappreciated. Really not a equal opportunity employer.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Favorism
What quality standards does Coorstek follow?
Operator (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 1, 2017
CoorsTek manufactures ceramic parts for aerospace, medical, and military applications. The traceable standards are not always maintained correctly, the procedures are not up to date, and managers/supervisors will tell you what to, that directly contradict the procedures.
Pros
Good hours, some overtime
Cons
Poor pay, non supportive management
CoorsTek
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 5, 2016
Revolves around blue collar work, such as grinding and milling ceramic parts. I learned how to use many tools for measuring and learned the art of pressing ceramic materials to create products for the oil industry, etc.. Management treat people like adults and a large degree of freedom is provided. Co-workers very friendly and mind their own business. The hardest part of the job is working on one's feet all day. The on-the-job training required me to pick up alot on my own.

Also it takes discipline to do one's job during an overnight shift. The temptation to be lazy is there since the workplace is not micromanaged. The enjoyable part of the job is the autonomy and learning new skills. Overall, a cool place to work.
Pros
Breaks, Autonomy, Not Micro-managed.
Cons
Physical labor, hazards from machine operations
verry Grerat place
Shop Help/ Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2016
A great place with an lot of opportunity's for advancement. They are willing to teach. It is a very large company and it is only growing. it is a very fun work safe environment.
Pros
manny oppetunitys
great work enviroment
Furnace Operator (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAAugust 20, 2016
all co workers made eviroment comfortable. work was hard but rewarding.a typical work day consisted of unloading and loading multipule furnaces as well as running furnaces that are already started.
great company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 29, 2016
good company everybody works as team . clean shop good pay management was good. you get the chance to learn more and move up with the company .
The typical workplace
Department Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Golden, COApril 14, 2016
On a typical day of work, the job is usually quick with the coworkers always wiling to work with one another. Learning how to operate CNC machinery was a big leap. Management is very cooperative with the employees. The hardest part of the job is learning the dimensions of a new customer's requirements on blueprints. The most enjoyable part of the job is the great amount of learning about the CNC programming within a machine.
Pros
Great communication between management, coworkers, and employees.
Cons
N/A
The Company needs an Update
Quality Control Final Inspector (Former Employee) –  Golden, COApril 11, 2016
My Co-workers were great to work with and made coming to work enjoyable. I had a team lead that was the worst kind of lead. I could not understand how or why she was in the position she was in for the life of me. My supervisor was very hopeful and knowledgeable, and he appreciated good workers and let you know if you were doing a good job. I liked working for my supervisor. The companies standards needs to be updated to go along with the times.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Does not care about good employees
Poor management, not equal opportunity employer
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 6, 2016
No room for advancement. Too much favoritism. Lack of machining knowledge. Supervisor doesn't know anything. Plant manager is running the company to the ground. Place is dirty. You will never get bonuses cause they scrap parts everyday. You make a mistake everyone knows. The people they favorite make a mistake it's swept under the rug. There's no future a Coorstek.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, favoritism, plant manager
Not and equal opportunity workplace
Laser Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 3, 2016
I am looking to leave this position because of unprofessional management. There is too much favoritism in the department that I currently work in. I was moved up to lasers from my old department because my old supervisor wanted to see me use all of my skills and be at my full potential, however the shift I was moved to was graveyard and after being on it for a year, I am finding it difficult to maintain and even though it is becoming a health concern, I am un-able to move to a different shift.
Cons
Management, favoritism
Very productive and fast paced environment
Machine Operator II (Former Employee) –  Golden, COFebruary 24, 2016
A good place to work if you like having a lot of OT. Very friendly people and management. Fast paced and strives for the best quality products.
work work work
CNC Machinist/Programmer (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAFebruary 3, 2016
This company isn't for everyone. This is a job shop that can keep one busy at all times. It's a lot of repetitive jobs that at times can be annoying. Typical day at work is starting off busy. The work environment is not all that great, old machines. My small group of co workers are great to work with. The hardest part of my job is trying to please others. Cant win them all.
Pros
quartely meals
Cons
no bonuses
They pretend to follow christian beliefs BEWARE OF MANAGMENT as they have strayed far from the lords path!!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJanuary 26, 2016
Avoid their Phony Sales Pitch about having culture and believing in the lord they are a greedy family. I know several people having shared a unfortunately similar experience.
Pros
401k
Cons
Harrassment complaints snuffed at low managment level then corprate human resorces.
great place to reach your goals
lead III / Technician 3 (Former Employee) –  Golden, CODecember 18, 2015
I worked for 10 years, and all the people was friendly. Management will help you in everything you need. If you really want to move up just work hard and management will see that
Pros
friendly people
Cons
can get tired of too much overtime, but money is good
Fun to work at company
Senior Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CADecember 14, 2015
This company was great in all aspects and fun to work at. (company got bought out by Sanmina) There was no hard part of this company as everyone enjoyed working at the company as it did not put pressure on employees.
Pros
Great atmosphere with company
Cons
no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CoorsTek. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9