Copart, Inc

Copart, Inc United States Employee Reviews

horrible environment no growth opportunities.
Title Clerk (Current Employee), WheelingApril 29, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Low pay, No growth opportunities
This company is the worst I have worked for our management is horrible when your complain about the unfair treatment and lack of management support it falls on deaf ears, because the 2 managers cover for each other. Management disrespects buyers and customers on the phone and in person. Its a stressful environment with no opportunity to grow and no support your life does not matter and are forced to do your job as well as the job for others because it's a "team" if you want a day off make sure you submit it with months in advance but if the managers want the same days guess what your request is denied. Oh and they want to know who what where and why you need the day(s) off. We are treated with no respect. Management has job security issues afraid that the employees know too much and are seen as a threat. All they tell you in the interview is a lie..dead end job not worth the stress or waste of your life.
poor upper management leadership
General Manager (Former Employee), vatious locationsApril 29, 2015
Pros: gained extensive knowledge in the auto auction. title laws. transportation laws. insurance claims
Cons: interprets policies to suit their agenda
Company does not hold all managers to the same standards. Poor communication with facilities regarding policy changes. No backbone with seller relations. Does not provide resources to improve facility until sellers complain regardless of how many timesthe ddeficiencies are reported. Does not even need to offer bonus plan as they will change it at will. Constant network failure and outdated systems
Very busy
Title Clerk and Customer Service (Former Employee), Riverview, FLApril 26, 2015
Pros: Great people meant great friends
Cons: Very low pay.Long hours
Busy office very low pay for the work you do. They hire outside people for you to train as manager. They tell you on Friday you have to work Saturday and they let the best people to walk out the door.
Excellent company however not a lot of opportunities for job growth
Office Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee), Waldorf, MDApril 20, 2015
Pros: Excellent stocks, retirement, job security, and 401K plan
Cons: Job do not honor jury duty have to take your own vacation leave
As a Manager, on a day to day operation I lead and direct others, to ensure their duties are in the standards of Copart policies and guidelines. This job requires you to be a Leader and also know how to multi-task. The hardest part is rating your employee on their performance when you know they didn’t give you there best. I worked with some amazing people most of them demonstrate team work, self starters and excellent communication skills. The most enjoyable part of the job is that we all get along and respect each other.
Must be flexible
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 4, 2015
Pros: Good Health care coverage, Good people, Nice cars
Cons: No foresight of operations capabilities, low pay, poor time management from upper management
If your flexible and willing to move then you can grow with this company. You must also fully love the idea of "changesentric" work life. What once was taboo yesterday will become the expectation tomorrow.
This company is all about growth
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasApril 1, 2015
Pros: Team Work
Cons: Not Enough Pay
A typical day was to complete all of my assignments and to answer all questions via phone and email.
I learned how beneficial it is to always improve self goals, keep up with technology and to advance with any company you work for.
The managers I had were amazing! They provided me with all of the tools that I needed to advance in my occupation.
The hardest part of my job was that I really wanted to make more money, but the only 2 ways were your annual raise, or to move up into a higher position.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the amazing team that I worked with everyday.
Started off strong
Vehicle Acquisition Negotiator/Agent (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 25, 2015
This company started off strong and started a financial downward spiral soon after I was hired. My job responsibilities changed drastically. The employees were not respected. There was no upward mobility. No opportunities for growth, promotion or raises.
Stress, drama, low pay
CSR/dispatch (Current Employee), PrivateFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: no weekends
Cons: management harrassment, low pay, stress
This is not a company that respects its employees. Demands are high, morale low, your pay does not compensate the stress level of the daily requirements. Often, requirements or expectations change and it is your responsibility to keep track. Money for management is the main goal. I thought that the lack of respect and harrassment from management was unique to my location. After reading the reviews, I realize that this is a company wide problem.
Not recommended
CSR (Former Employee), Seaford, DEFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: too few to list
Cons: managers, regional manager, corporate office
Beware! Management both at the yard level and at the regional level have NO RESPECT for employees. Managers routinely talk down to employees in front of customers and other employees. Manager is late often and leaves facility for hours at a time or leaves early. Upper management only cares about their bonuses and time off. Manager denies vacation requests even with months notice and requires employees to give detailed reason why employee wants to take earned time off then decides if manager wants to be off at the same time before deciding if employee can take vacation. Inconsistent work environment. No rewards, no advancement no matter how good a job one does or how dedicated an employee works. Special treatment of chosen employees common place. Chose employee promoted even after missing 3 days as a no call no show. Chosen employee late 19 out of 20 days with no repercussions. managers don't not know their own company rules. Threaten to punish employees for asking legitimate questions. Terrible and negative culture. Lack of training, lack of advancement, lack of respect. Beware. Look elsewhere.
Evidence of the USA's continued degration.
CSR (Current Employee), USAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: regular paycheck
Cons: work environment
The non-salaried employees of this company seriously need to organize and unionize. Workers are severely underpaid for the amount of highly detailed work and associated stress they are expected to go through on a daily basis, especially with an antiquated 1980's computer system. The management tends to be hyper-critical, verbally abusive and disrespectful to its front line workers. There is very little recognition or reward for anything one does well. It's all about what you can do for them, nothing about what they do for you. They make high profits without profit-sharing with their employees, the ones who do all the work, work extra hours, sacrifice their breaks, etc. Being purposefully understaffed is a normal business practice for this company. They can well afford to do better.
Good company - long term opportunity for the right person
Manager, Cloud Infrastructure Services (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: benefits
Copart can provide long term opportunities for the right individuals. They do treat employees like family and will bend over backwards for you. Recently, opportunity for advancement has been primarily for new hires. Advancement for current employees is not always made known.
Fun and Fast Paced Place to Work
Legal Clerk (Current Employee), Farmers Branch, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: no advancement
The people I work with in the Legal Department are great people. A typical day at work is doing many things at once and helping anyone that needs it.
horrible
csr (Current Employee), GeorgiaNovember 20, 2014
Pros: great insurance
Cons: management
This company will put you down and make you feel like you are worth nothing.... Management has their favorites...work your but off with no appreciation!!
CoPart Direct
Senior Purchasing Agent (Current Employee), BrooklynNovember 6, 2014
Pros: relaxed vibe. family feel
Cons: vacation days because you have to be here to compete to make 75000
I have been apart of the new division of CoPart called CoPart direct since its move to Brooklyn. It is a family friendly place where all the Co workers work together and get along. Birthdays are treated like national holidays as well as management is down to earth. I have worked with the mamangement staff here for almost three years and have even left for six months and came bback. A typical day at work is using tools such as Pro Quote or historical data of the previous year auction to come up with a price for a car using the condition of it.I have learned alot about CoPart and Cars as well as about my sales skills as we have been challenged by the management staff to by 30 cars a week. The management is down to earth and realistic in the views. They have a passion that makes you want to work harder and the vibe is crazy good here. My Coworkers are the Bomb.com because were a TEAM. The hardest part of CoPart is maintainging your numebers. You have to have your SKILLS up to par. The Most enjoyable reward is the feeling when you go home knowing that you gave it your all. Plus the 10% comm of what you buy is DOPE to.
Please Ask- Great Staff
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 21, 2014
Will provide review upon request. Enjoy coworkers and the relationships we have developed. Management is strong and have acted as mentors.
The worse company you can work for, they have no kind of respect for their employees and always make you feel like you're walking on egg shells.
csr (Former Employee), houstonSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: weekends off
Cons: time off, vacations, recognitions
Management shows lots of favoritism twords their employees, in my case the office manager would tell us that if we wanted to keep our jobs we had to do some behind kissing, the GM was always being nosey wanting to know about your life and then he would go back and tell others. He was just messy. The Asst.Manager if you didn't buy him breakfast, or fed him he would quickly put you to do more work and would tell you to buy him lunch, he was even sleeping with a CSR and yes she got away with a lot of stuff. No place to grow within the company if anything they would always put you down and make you feel worthless. Regional Manager could care less about what went on. The supervisor already had her favorite CSR'S and they would go out drinking and partying and of course those girls never got in trouble. I am so happy to be out of there and blessed with the new company I am with......
Job security but no room for advancement into management position
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Waldorf, MDJuly 31, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: poor management; glass ceiling
Copart has job security but aside from that you'll be stuck at a dead end job with management that is too worried about pleasing the big wigs then the workers out on the ground making the company what it is. I would not recommend this place.
Team environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Martinez, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: steady hours, health benefits
Cons: computer system was out dated
I learned about salvage vehicles and tow companies. Also how it works when insurance pays you for your total vehicle. I enjoyed working for this company, I always felt I was learning new things and getting to know the other companies we worked with. The Boss and some management of the company had an open door policy, very understanding and helped with any problems you may have. This company was a family in the office and helped out as a team.
You're selling junk cars in an awful environment
Assistant GM (Former Employee), Northwest US.June 26, 2014
Pros: co workers were always helpful
Cons: arrogant management who can't cut it elsewhere
I'll start with the only good part of working here. Your co workers are always helpful.

The bad includes 10-12 hour days, overworked and understaffed, arrogant regional managers who take pride in belittling staff and selling junk cars. The office air conditioning did not work during summer and as a manager, I tried getting HQ to fix it to no avail.

If you are desperate for a job, try pole dancing instead. It is more respectful
Busy and demanding work place.
C.S.R (Current Employee), San Martin, CAJune 16, 2014
A typical day consists of answering phone calls to assist customers in a variety of requests. Calling owners of wrecked cars to arrange pickups for our insurance sellers. Running dmv printouts to process vehicle titles for the purpose of placing the unit on an auction. Reviewing reports to deligate work to the appropriate parties. Entering customer payments for vehicles purchased. Reviewing sale walk-thrus for the purpose of error control. I will work very close and personally with my co-workers and customers. The hardes part of the job at times is time management. It can feel like there are not enough hours in a work day at times. The best part of the work day is the satisfaction I feel for my production and quality of work. My managers are pleasant to be around and easy to work for, and my co-workers are pleasant as-well.

1 2 3 4

About Copart, Inc

Copart, Inc. founded in 1982, connects buyers and sellers around the world. Copart remarkets salvage and clean title vehicles – Read more

Copart, Inc Salaries