Copart, Inc

Copart, Inc Employee Reviews

Horrible Management
loader operator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 5, 2016
Low Pay, horrible management with little to no experience. Worked there for over 3 years and was constantly told I was the best loader but when it came time for my annual review I was the worst employee. Not a good fit for me and the stress level was high and morale low. Yard 87 was a terrible experience.
Pros
Day shift
Cons
poor management and work environment, was threatened by a yard manager
For the publice
form employee (Former Employee) –  copart yardDecember 16, 2015
The management was horrible and did not know how to ran the yard properly. The head management was unprofessional and did not support the staff when they made the customer happy and meet the customer dead line on time.
Pros
at first was a fun and good compeny to work for.
Cons
long hours for little pay and bad management at Yard levle.
bad company
yard (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA yard 2December 12, 2015
one of the worst companies you can ever worked for I worked there for 2 years and was discriminated on treated horribly as where other people there I watched other people come in and work hard only to be let go after a few weeks if they don't like u from the start life will be hard for u there I saw other workers stilling from there and nothing would be done about if they have an 800 number you can call to turn them in for stilling and it does not work they will saying you are lying very bad management they have no clue what they are doing there
Pros
there is none
Cons
they will lie to you from the start
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 14, 2015
Its an okay place to work. Very fast paced. Management is very poor. Favortism, lack of communication. The benefits are decent. But doesn't pay hourly employees well.
Benefits
Cons
salary, management
Good work place very poor management
Yard agent (Former Employee) –  Anthony, TXNovember 13, 2015
Work environment is a bad only because of very poor management. Only family and friends could work there. If they don't like you they will treat you like garbage.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
long hours and poor management from all levels
yard manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 8, 2015
The employees work very long hours and deal with alot of stress/ pressure from management. Morale is very low at all levels of pay and there are no incentives for working hard except another day to do it all over again. The general manager in Nashville is very greedy and cares about no one except for herself and how well SHE is doing. This seems to be standard for the company. Save yourself the trouble..... there are no opportunities for career advancement.
Pros
Cons
very poor leadership
Horrible
dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Reno-Stead, NVNovember 8, 2015
I worked at coparts for 2 1/2 months and if you don't brown nose with the co-workers they feel threatened and then the manager fires you.
Pros
Cons
the employees and the manager
not a good place to work at
CSR (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 26, 2015
Copart is very high stressful place to work. I only lasted 3 weeks before I left. you receive no formal training, they expect you to rely on tutorials as a form of training. the computer system is extremely outdated and behind the times. management is rude, everyone from the GM to the Yard manager, down to the office manager. there were times where i was left at the counter with no one to help me fully service the customers i was assisting. Bottom line do not work for this company
Pros
none to list
Cons
weekends off
A very fun and dependable company
Yard Worker/ inventory receiver (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 26, 2015
A typical day at copart was dealing with different types of people, I learned how to be courteous and have patience with customers also I learned how to deal with different personalities from my coworkers and the hardest part about the job was dealing the different changes in the florida weather and the most part of my job that I enjoyed was helping others.
Good work culture
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2015
Management is good but pay is poor. You can learn things from the product they develop. You cannot expect good pay from the management. Work life balance depends on the team.

Want to know more about Copart, Inc?

Ask a question
Demanding and mismanaged
Data Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas TxOctober 22, 2015
The pacing of this company causes all member of the organization to trip over each other. the higher ups put pressure on management which in turn generates disgruntled engineers.

Tips for the company: Treat your developers like first class citizens
Good place to work if they didn't have terrible management
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Dunn,NCSeptember 20, 2015
Great place to work but management is very terrible and rude. The whole town have worked there and didn't make it past 90 days. That should speak for itself.
Stay away!!!
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  GASeptember 18, 2015
The work environment is completely unprofessional. Cussing, inappropriate comments, loud and obnoxious constant conversation while trying to do a weeks worth of work in a day! Never know what time you will leave because everyone has to be finished for everyone to be able to leave...management plays favorites and if you aren't sucking up, you're not going to be given the time of day. They are too worried about someone being 1 minute late instead of what is going on under their noses that actually affects the work of the day...they don't care about personal issues or emergencies either...do as they say or leave..they don't really care! Many people stuffed into a small work space and expected to be happy and productive...this place is a joke, totally unprofessional, and there is zero room for advancement unless you want to move all over and give your every waking moment to their cause. The pay does not equal the amount of work you do. Stressful is an understatement. Unless you are desperate and can take it for a short amount of time, STAY AWAY
Pros
some nice people
Cons
too many to list!!
Stay away!!!
CSR (Former Employee) –  PENNSBURG, PASeptember 17, 2015
This place will not be part of resume. Had great co-workers, but management is horrible, they do not care about their employees. If you do something wrong, they will pull you into the office, but when you do right, nobody notices. The General Manager is very sarcastic, and can be very demeaning to his employees. The female Asst. General Manager will treat you like a slave (she think she owns the company). Horrible, horrible place to work for. You have no life, work comes first, second and third. If you have children, is not the best place to work for since they won't care if your children are sick, or have any emergencies.

If you like repetitive work, this is the job for you. No room for growth or advancement. You will sit at a desk doing the same work all day and will feel like a robot.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Too many to list. STAY AWAY!!!
copart
Yard Agent (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCSeptember 4, 2015
Working for Copart, it was nothing hard about it, working together to get the work done made the day go by smoothly. The only thing that I didn't agree with is that family emergencies were more than likely over looked.Overall it is a good company to work for.
Pros
getting the work done in a timely manner
Cons
understanding supervisors when it come to family emergencies
Very busy, fast growing company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Copart, USAAugust 30, 2015
Great company, is evolving into a large corporation and yet still maintains a personal feel within the region. The hours are long depending on your location but the work experience is excellent.
Pros
Exciting industry, Day to Day always bring something new
Cons
Depending on location, be prepared to work a lot of hours
Poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodhaven, MIJuly 30, 2015
There is a lot expected of an employee there. Multiple jobs and quotas due by days end. However I did learn how to do many things. Work/life balance is always work comes first, family last. Management likes to create an unobtainable stressful environment. Co-workers and majority of the clientele were a pleasure to be with daily. The company in of itself was a great company to work for, however the management in particular at that yard was the worst I've ever encountered. They also frequently cut your lunch from one hour to a half hour on a whim. An office manager requested an employee to enter a hazardous materials vehicle to retrieve a key by melting a plastic zip tie with a lighter resulting in blisters, upper management did nothing.
Pros
Good benefits but they're expensive
Cons
Constantly cut your lunchess in half. Micromanagement was horrible.
Steady work
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 29, 2015
Copart is an auto auction company, 100% online. I processed vehicle titles for salvaged and damaged vehicles. I was also taught all the other special desk assignments for other employee absence. I really liked this job, I loved my coworkers and my management team. We always worked together to get the task done. Great place to work.
Pros
Assignment oriented
Cons
Lots of work
environment was good and managers were fun
Lead Dispatcher, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CaJuly 21, 2015
My day consist of answer phones, dispatch drivers on 2 way radio, file, payroll, data entry, schedule appointments, confirm pick up from drivers, train new hires, help up front with counter when customer comes in to pick up vehicle, help insurance adjuster with location of vehicle and the cost to pick up damaged vehicles. All my managers their were great and understanding. The hardest part of my job was training people that really didn't want to be trained.
Pros
Benefits were great all around
Cons
commute
Fun place to work
Corporate Operations Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 29, 2015
Great co-workers and management.
Busy work place where there is always something to do.
Management is involved on a daily basis
Pros
Enviroment