Copart, Inc Employee Reviews

Great Co-workers
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCSeptember 29, 2016
I worked there for five years, the Office Manager is great but the rest of management are terrible. I enjoyed the work I did but didn't like the pressure. Very discouraging to work your butt off while the General Manager and Assistant General Manager did nothing but play on their cell phones and leave early every day while some of us had to stay until 7:00 most days just to get the work done. A lot of favoritism.
Pros
Stayed busy all day.
Cons
Terrible Management
A lot of pressure at yard 32.
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDSeptember 28, 2016
Needed to receive/clean/image over 50 cars. But it was hard when the non stop kept changing the way things had to be done. GM Alex at yard 32 was horrible at managing the crew and always threatened our jobs which made it more stressful. The hours were perfect. Mon-Fri. 8AM-5PM $1000 every other week.
Pros
schedule and
Cons
management
Stressful work enviroment
Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WISeptember 13, 2016
Very fast paced work environment. Company stresses way too much about everything being done "By the book", not open to changes, way behind the times in technology, Office I work in is always on edge which makes the environment very stressful.
Pros
Big company, ability to transfer to other states/offices
Cons
Outdated technology, Stressful environment
Ok job
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCSeptember 8, 2016
It's an ok job. No advancement within the company. Fast paced. Love the customers. Need better managers. Great perks that's the only good thing about it
Great company... terrible managers
clerk (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 8, 2016
Copart is a great company to work for, the benefits are not excellent but are really good, the work environment is friendly. You really need to enjoy to be really busy all the time to work there, I did.
The big problem with Copart is their management I can't say for other offices but the one in Gainesville has a serious problem, employees are not treated as a person, favoritism is the key, if the manager likes you then you have an enjoyable job, but if she is not your friend then better quit, so disrespectful, answering you with "what you want!" every time you have a question or need help, that's why they don't keep their employees for more than a year. I think if the AGM is removed is going to be a great opportunity. people get so different paid for doing the same job, probably for favoritism too.
Pros
Benefits, work hours, location.
Cons
Growing company with potential to corner the market
MANGER/HR Liaison (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 6, 2016
Fast paced company with demanding customers and vast amount of different job duties. Able to work outside and enjoy the seasonality of the environment.
Pros
outside
Cons
lots of overtime
Too much favortism
Yard Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 24, 2016
I worked at yard 59 in San Diego. My yard manager was the best thing going for that yard once he was hired. Before then it was a systematic discrimination in order to make sure only certain people move up. The managers were insensitive to different cultural appropriations and let other people make fun of other races, cultures, and genders. Telling hr gets you nowhere because they bring in the regional manager who are obviously going to cover for his downline managers. Very unprofessional setting
Pros
Seeing different cars
Cons
Unprofessional Managers
Good job
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmer, TXAugust 19, 2016
The job itself was easy and I love what I did. I kept to myself so I can get my work done. There was a lot of drama with other employees so it's best to keep to yourself. But the temps were great people to work with and it's fun once you get the hang of it.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Other staff
Steady work
Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDAugust 3, 2016
Steady work, fast work environment. A lot of employee turnover. Good benefits, decent personal time earned. Decent opportunity to advance.
Pros
Job security
Cons
weather, hours you may have to work/ mandatory overtime.
Average company
CSR (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJuly 26, 2016
Benefits could be better, company is international and still growing. High turnover rate, and employees are underpaid. Job was repetitive but enjoyable for the most part. Helped master the multi tasking ability.
Pros
Coworkers, often told to voice opinion on how to make company better
Cons
High turnover, Low pay.

Want to know more about Copart, Inc?

Ask a question
Really great Co-workers
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of getting right out there and start receiving cars in order to meet my quota. I learned more about windows based programs on a tablet I had to use. As well as learned more about cars. Had really great co-workers who not only were great friends but employees who helped me learn the process of being a receiver that much faster. Easily the hardest part of work was the weather but that's Texas. The most enjoyable part of work was my co-workers.
Pros
Co-workers, Healthcare, Pay
Cons
Yard managers, Short breaks
It's a job
Administrative/Asset Support (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 5, 2016
Typical day Nothing but work.
Learned something new just about everyday.
Management ok could be better
Very rude and messy coworkers
Learning about Seller Access
When time to go home
Terrible experience at my yard.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2016
I got fired from my yard due to my health problems. I found out after I spoke to the hr rep that my yard was not FMLA approved.

For the office being as small as it is, there was so much drama. One lady who worked there was very terrible to work with, yet she is stil there, even though she constantly complained to the boss about every one of her coworkers and what they were doing wrong.

Some days were a lot busier than others calling companies and owners to see if vehicles were released, as well as helping people at the counter. I didn't get a chance to crosstrain in other areas, which would have been helpful when we were short handed.

I did learn a lot about auto acutions though.

For the amount of money the benefits are, the pay should be higher.
Pros
busy days
Cons
amount of benfits, not being crosstrained
Dispatcher
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  MissouriJune 17, 2016
No a good company for training new employee's, General Manager sucked, and was rude. Some of the employee's are back stabber,
Hardest part of the job is getting the training you need to do the job.
Nothing was in enjoyed, Only work 10 day and was fired, because of the training program, they would tell you did something wrong, but not explain how to correct the problem
Pros
Cons
Training program
Great pay and a lot of team work!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP/MAIL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Greenwell Springs, LAJune 8, 2016
If you can't multi-task this is not the job for you. No day is ever the same, which was exciting yet stressful. You learn a lot about titles, towing, interact with all kinds of people etc...
Cons
Favoritism, poor management
Great Company to work for!
Salvage Yard CSR (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAMay 24, 2016
I LOVED working at Copart! If i didnt have to relocate i would still be there. Great place to work and gain so much experience.
Very poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 11, 2016
Don't waste your time at this unprofessional company,management seems to know nothing about professionalism. I felt very uncomfortable after while, the workers talk about one another. Too much drama and nobody should have to deal with that. Management does not seem to really care when employees disrespect other employees. A typical day at work consists of clearing cars through body shops or owners. Other times drivers may pick up vehicles on behalf of buyers so title work is involved as well. I learned that this company is very unprofessional, and as mentioned above management is horrible. The hardest part of the job is sitting around feeling uncomfortable because people are very disrespectful. I normally love waking to go to work but not HERE.
Cons
Little pay.
the management was very and bit encouraging
Sr. MM/SD/PM Lead Consultant & Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMay 5, 2016
It was a great learning experience. There were good benefits. Everyone looked forward to coming to work. Moral was high because management made sure employees were happy. If employees are happy then people perform better. Work load might have been difficult from time to time but I worked best under pressure. It is very good environment where you can share your ideas and experiences with the customers and peers.
High Turnover of Employees
ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 4, 2016
Very high turnover usually means it's not being run right. Terrible company culture. It's a keep your head down and shut up environment . Management can play favorites and there is no process on how to be promoted. The business is run on very old technology and practices. If you have no choice and are desperate for a job then this is the company for you. You won't be learning anything new and your growth will be stagnant.
Pros
Easy to find
Cons
Bad leadership.
Happening place
QA Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2016
Lot of IT projects, no dearthnof projects, mix of agile and waterfall
difficult to manage eprsonal life at times due to inability to work remote
Pros
good health insurac
Cons
no flexible work options

2.7