Copart, Inc Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Vehicle purchasing support agent (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 21, 2017
This job requires multitasking, responding to emails and phone calls. Good communication skills, typing skills and bilingual employees. It was a very productive and fun work place everyone was friendly and understanding to one another, i would definitely recommend this job to a friend and or family member.
Working outside ALL year around!
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  York Haven, PAJune 21, 2017
Inspected wrecked cars & trucks for inventory.... you work in the extreme heat during the summer,work in the pouring down rain,workin in the snow up to your waste. Its extremely dusty and dirty.
Cons
Careful where u park your car cause it will get hit & YOU will have to pay for the damages, misunderstanding with communicaton and get FIRED!
Great experience
Receiver (Former Employee) –  White Plains, MDJune 20, 2017
I grew a lot working at Copart, the work was always ready and as a team we grew to impress each other with how we handled it day in and day out, the management laid out the task in an easy going way and we got it done or game planned further. The easiest part of the job was getting to drive the cars a little, the hardest part would be the unpredictable work load.
Fun place to work with the right employees
Inventory Specialist/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJune 15, 2017
Work conditions were pretty difficult to work with in the company. Management wasn't the best as far as making sure employees morale was good or OK. Rough place to work.
Production Production!!!
Yard Agent, Veh Preper,veh receiver (Former Employee) –  San diego caJune 12, 2017
This company promises soo much to their employees! They suck everything youve got. You learn many different positions while being at copart. They move you where ever they feel like it throughout the yard. They expect alot to get done! I felt i was just a number to them while i worked here. A lot of people complained but nothing got done! A lot of people come and go as they felt unfair treatment!
Pros
Working with fun people/coworkers.
Cons
Health benifits suck, Pay is too little for all the Stress!
Disapointment
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 8, 2017
Extreme cut throat environment. Very uncomfortable coworkers/ management. Everyone is for self and not the good of the company. No real options for advancing.
Pros
Mostly getting off on time.
Cons
Picking and rude.
great place to work
Automotive General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 28, 2017
very busy, heavy contact with public and customer service skills are used daily, handle various types of people and situations. enforce policies and some light duties
Pros
gift cards
Cons
no salary increase
Great place to work, very hands on, stays busy
Loader, field, customer service (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCMay 21, 2017
Great enviroment​ to work, pay is well, never work weekends unless absolutely have to. Which is still almost never. Benefits are great, employers are awsome
If you have a family stay away!!!!
Title Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COMay 18, 2017
I have worked for Copart for 3 years. Enjoyed my job and the people that I worked with until earlier this year. The "new" management at this yard is horrible. They are forcing their employee's to work 7-7, 7 days a week for a CAT (8 weeks, probably more). You better have a better reason then your children to get an exception to not work those hours, or you will be put on suspension and forced out. The company states all of the time how "family oriented" they are, wrong! STAY AWAY if you have a family!
Pros
co-workers, benefits are ok
Cons
low pay, management, dirty office
Sr. Corporate Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMay 15, 2017
Great place to work. Management is fantastic and work with you in any situations. Technology is fantastic and future is bright for Copart and all the employees.
Cons
They will get rid of you when they are done with you
Corp drone (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2017
Save the company money and they still twist your words to fit there narrative. Forget the big family stuff. Others say the yards are tough but corp hr is worse. Advise, keep looking. Get on some peoples radar because of there actions and watch out.
Pros
Salary freedom to get results.
Cons
Some people do bad investigations and have poor reading comprehension.
Zero flexibility
title clerk (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COMay 12, 2017
They present themselves as a family oriented business, this couldn't be further from the truth. Extremely long work hours that do not meet the necessary compensation for the work load. Management has unachievable expectations and shows appreciation by lacking the recognition of the work completed by their employees. The employees deserve better than what Copart is providing.
good work environment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eldridge, IAApril 23, 2017
Started at 8am, logged on to computer took calls about 70 a day. I learned about varies car titles and different requirements needed for different countries. Management was available when needed. The co-workers made the workplace environment great. The hardest part of the job was assisting irate callers on various issues. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to hear in callers voice sigh of relief.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
healthcare expensive
Taught me to manage and prioritize my workload
Customer Representative/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Tanner, AL 35671April 17, 2017
Hardest part of this job was keeping abreast of new claims and getting all work completed in a timely manner while servicing walk in customers at the service desk. It was a challenge and it helped me to learn to manage and prioritize my workload better.
Pros
Daily and new challenges
Cons
work overload now and then
very unprofecional
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAApril 11, 2017
When I started working at that location it was great. This quickly started to go sour. Only promises or promotion with management. Management is very unprofessional and vulgar. Not a company I would recommend.
productive and good place to work outdoors
YARD AGENT (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 8, 2017
its a good place to work but not too much room for growth. ive been working there for almost 2 years and I like it but I want something for more room to grow and need better annual raises.
Stressful environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COApril 5, 2017
There is an under current of angst and pressure. I did not have a pleasant work experience with Copart. I made a lot of friends because of need to find something positive in my work day.
Do not apply here!
Customer Service/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCApril 4, 2017
This is by far the worst place I've ever worked. The management is terrible and they do not care about their employees whatsoever. You're just a number there and they don't truly care about you. You can bend over backwards for this company and they still won't appreciate you. They'll just overwork you and take advantage of you whenever they can. Management will say they want a drama-free work environment, but they're the main ones stirring the pot. They feed off of drama here and it's like high school all over again. I've never been so miserable until I had to walk into that place day in and day out. The only reason I stayed as long as I did was because of the pay, but trust me when I say that it's not worth the emotional pain they will put you through. MY happiness was way more important than a paycheck.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Work Environment, Benefits, and Time-Off
Exciting
Sr. Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAMarch 24, 2017
A typical day at work is full of energy. Gives opportunity to learn a lot and fun people to work with. Its a dedicated group of people that are out there to make a difference.
Cons
Productive company and expanding operational culture
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2017
The company as a whole provides excellent managerial experience for new graduates. Typical days at work include interaction with a plethora of customers that provides managerial decision making.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Copart, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8