Copart, Inc Employee Reviews

expect way to much from member service dept with very low pay
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Eldridge, IAMarch 6, 2017
My dept is expected to know the functions of all dept. within the company but yet we get the same pay of someone who just forwards emails. Member services is the call center so there for we are called every name in the book when customers are up set and management allows it, we are not allowed to transfer a customer call to management if they are upset we can only give them an email. we are expected to handle every call accurately and with in 5 mins plus send email to the following dept and have this all done with 30 seconds of call ending
Good job but managers are very inexperienced
Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2017
At work here for one year the job is good the managers supervisors are very inexperienced they don't have no college background no degrees don't know how to talk to people quick to write you up so this job has a very high turnaround rate you will be there they will pick at you try to find to something to write you up and fire you for
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management yard supervisor suck
Copart is a poor company to work for. They expect allot out of there employee's but yet don't feel the need to treat them respectfully. Long hours.
Yard Agent (Former Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UTNovember 28, 2016
Copart is a poor company to work for. The management makes it very clear that they do not care whats going on with you. Copart also likes to cut corners, like making bio-hazard cars not bio-hazard because there is not enough blood. overall Copart will just drain your energy and leave you with a horrible taste in your mouth because of bad business,
Cons
horrible management, Sketchy temps
A good place to learn
Data Services Intern (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2016
Copart is a good place to learn. It is too hectic for the compensation and they are getting into Big Data space and I would say it is the right time to get involved. Mostly Big Data space involves PoC work and your project may get scrapped abruptly. Other than it, a good place
Pros
Snack Bar
Cons
Little work-life balance if you are in the wrong place
Good Company
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 26, 2017
Good company to start out with. Leads in its industry, expect to work hard and learn a great many things about the auto auction business. If you are hungry and willing to relocate, then this is the company for you. Almost every state has a Copart, and you will also find locations around the world.
Good pay, busy company, very nice people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCDecember 21, 2016
Coworkers trained me for each job I was in, company paid for Notary training and certification as well as stamp, always something to do, very fast-paced
Pros
Family Day, benefits, free lunches often
Cons
Customers often complained about pricing changes or did not read terms and condiditons
Corporate Culture is not good
Human Resources Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2017
The culture at corporate is extremely tight knit and if you don't fit in then you feel like an outsider. I felt like I was not given an opportunity to show what I was capable of because I was not allowed to do assignments unsupervised
Horrible work experience
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 22, 2016
Underpaid, understaffed, overworked. You will receive no prior training before you're thrown out in the yard and told to "figure it out". The only thing the management is good at is barking out commands. There Is no room for, nor are there opportunities for advancement. High turnover. Wouldn't recommend to ANYONE.
Pros
Cons
Underpaid, overworked, snobby co-workers.
Great Co-workers
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCSeptember 29, 2016
I worked there for five years, the Office Manager is great but the rest of management are terrible. I enjoyed the work I did but didn't like the pressure. Very discouraging to work your butt off while the General Manager and Assistant General Manager did nothing but play on their cell phones and leave early every day while some of us had to stay until 7:00 most days just to get the work done. A lot of favoritism.
Pros
Stayed busy all day.
Cons
Terrible Management
Productive company and expanding operational culture
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2017
The company as a whole provides excellent managerial experience for new graduates. Typical days at work include interaction with a plethora of customers that provides managerial decision making.
Tons of work, little pay
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Gaston, SCMarch 22, 2017
This job involves an enormous amount of work and the company only provides a percentage increase once a year. Benefits are great and the organization is for the employees for sure other than actual pay rate.
Pros
Mon-Fri most of the time
Cons
Little pay
worse place ever
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Midway, FLDecember 28, 2016
as a driver if ur not with the favoritism of office staff ur an outcast and they do not care about the driver position, as they want someone who know nothing about the position so they can have control over you, runs with no pay.
Pros
insurance
Cons
staff and office manager
By far the worst job I've ever had
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OHJanuary 20, 2017
I worked for the Dayton, Ohio Copart office. When I first interviewed the manager seemed very nice, said he cooked for employees every Wednesday. He said that everyone in the office gets along well and treats each other with respect. It took only a few minutes after my first day began to realize what a mistake I had made in accepting this job. Employees are treated poorly by management and even talked down to. I've never had any employer speak to me in such a way. You are expected to squeeze every bit of work out in the day that you can and to not have personal conversations at all. If you sit closest to the front desk expect to be answering the counter more than those who sit further back than you. The title clerk and manager rule the roost here and when the manager is not in the title clerk is in charge...and one is as bad as the other. Expect to have to skip your 15 minute breaks because you're too busy. Overall, you should just keep looking.
Pros
rare free lunches
Soon to be ex tow truck driver slave wage pay
Tow Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  KentuckyOctober 2, 2016
The new 4 car hauler jobs a a joke slave wage pay lmfao at 50.000 year work yourswlf to death for not even minimum wage..plus the trucks were set upa wrong from the get go wonder which clown is responsible for that 28 foot bed instead of 30
Pros
On my own each day
Cons
PAY..not new employee friendly..it and saftey people are clowns
Stressful work enviroment
Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WISeptember 13, 2016
Very fast paced work environment. Company stresses way too much about everything being done "By the book", not open to changes, way behind the times in technology, Office I work in is always on edge which makes the environment very stressful.
Pros
Big company, ability to transfer to other states/offices
Cons
Outdated technology, Stressful environment
Male dominated oligarchy
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAFebruary 11, 2017
Moved corporate headquarters from Fairfield, CA to Texas for tax reasons. Employees were told their jobs were relocating to Texas but they had to incur all expenses to move there if they wanted to keep their jobs.
Stressful environment
Senior Vehicle Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 22, 2017
They were firing people left and right. They had 100 people working in June, by September only 30 were left, by November only 15. Sadly this division of Copart never made it to what was planned.
Too much favortism
Yard Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 24, 2016
I worked at yard 59 in San Diego. My yard manager was the best thing going for that yard once he was hired. Before then it was a systematic discrimination in order to make sure only certain people move up. The managers were insensitive to different cultural appropriations and let other people make fun of other races, cultures, and genders. Telling hr gets you nowhere because they bring in the regional manager who are obviously going to cover for his downline managers. Very unprofessional setting
Pros
Seeing different cars
Cons
Unprofessional Managers
A lot of pressure at yard 32.
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDSeptember 28, 2016
Needed to receive/clean/image over 50 cars. But it was hard when the non stop kept changing the way things had to be done. GM Alex at yard 32 was horrible at managing the crew and always threatened our jobs which made it more stressful. The hours were perfect. Mon-Fri. 8AM-5PM $1000 every other week.
Pros
schedule and
Cons
management
Productive fast paced environment.
Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  Austell, GADecember 20, 2016
The fast pace was always exciting. Learning new things everyday,different ways to load a car hauler. Getting used to working with other loader operators and maneuvering around the yard. Great work place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Copart, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8