Copart, Inc Employee Reviews

not much growth
Auction Buyer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 19, 2017
i was told one thing but did not get treated fairly.I would only advise if you are in a higher position but they say they will treat you like family but you feel more like a step child.
Job Security
DMV Title Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sacramento CA 95828September 18, 2017
There is plenty of no stop work, job security due to vehicle are always in accidents/disasters. Sometimes its overwhelming, the work load. Work life balance is difficult due to the work load, its Coparts policy the work load gets finished by the end of the day. We work ALOT of overtime which is good for the wallet, but not good for life balance.
Pros
plenty of work, overtime
Cons
long hours, minimual work/life balance
I will always love this place
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Started when I turned 18, worked my way up. Traveled for the company, met many awesome managers. The work is hard, and stressful, but what job isn't? ABility to move up is always there, even with no college background as long as you hit the ground running and have the mindset to outshine everyone else. Great place to work.
Pros
OT was abundant due to CAT's, Growth
terrible management
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 13, 2017
easy to learn, sometimes fast paced, can be stressful, management is terrible, office full of drama, no chance at advancement, schedule is the only thing good about this place
Relaxed atmosphere
Representative (Current Employee) –  Eldridge, IASeptember 12, 2017
Easy environment. Work at your own pace and not much pressure from management. The work can be tedious and monotonous at times, but overall it isn't that bad.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Work can be monotonous
Worked 7 mos.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2017
I was only there 7 months because I was laid off. I enjoyed the job and they had just recently added a commission for units sold. The company at the time owned 80% of the land for their salvage yards and seemed to be run very efficiently. I liked it, but was disappointed I had to go. They did have a Copart Day at Six Flags complete with a catered bar-b-q meal for all Dallas employees. All expenses were paid including the meal and entry.
Pros
Work station could be sit or stand to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CASeptember 8, 2017
To work under pressure and fast past environment. Deal with a lot of personalities. Really good benefits 401 k, vacation payed, sick days, celebrate your birthday.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
under pressure
Productive place to work.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCSeptember 6, 2017
A typical day at work was busy & I learned the title work. The management was great. The most enjoyable part of the job was team work. The hardest part of the job was reaching our phone calling goals daily.
Bad Company to work for
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Eldridge, IASeptember 3, 2017
Unorganized company with less than skillful management. Poor employee relations. Company only cares about itself. Very stressful work environment. Upper management doesn't know what's going on at individual locations.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad Management
Stuck in the stone age
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cudahy, WISeptember 1, 2017
Too much of "it's always the way we've done it" thinking. They do not like change at all and do everything on paper. While the competition is moving forward with new and innovative ways to do business, they are just sitting idly by
absolutely disgusting, sham and excuse for a company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2017
there are no words for how terrible this place is, from the management, from the disgusting and shameful atmosphere I would NEVER even think to work here
Pros
nothing - run for your life
Cons
management, pay, people, "culture", work life balance, the list goes on and on
Love it here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  China Grove, NCAugust 29, 2017
Love working here, I have had many jobs but never had one that takes such good care of it's employees. With such a high ceiling there are lots of career opportunities
Very laxed and laid-back
LOADER OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 24, 2017
It's a good place for a starting point. Not much room for growth or important. It definitely has its perks and meeting new people. The place could definitely use an updating.
review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 24, 2017
yard 50 was very racist to the employees . laid off all the African American employees and all of the ones laid off started way before other people. your only hired is you friends with management there.
ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ham Lake, MNAugust 23, 2017
overall copart was a decent place to work good hours reasonable pay for expect actions and ability to climb the ladder. office manager picks and chooses her favorite employee not wanting to answer questions or help others. giving attitude to some.
Poor Management
DMV Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAAugust 9, 2017
Unfortunately the management was misleading and contradicted themselves. They would tell you that your doing a good job and give you pointers on how to move up in the company but yet say your not friendly enough because you followed their pointers. They threatened you that you were at your max pay and wouldn't be able to give you a raise or a different position for your skill set. They would rather spend the money to train new hires than acknowledge their dedicated, long time employee.
Fasta paste.
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 9, 2017
Great management teams, the always make sure to work with you and guide you through learning process.Work environment is very fast paste and at time can be stressful but thats the best way you can learn something in life.
Pros
Earning potential.
Cons
Growth
Typical Day
Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2017
A typical day at work is extremely demanding and stressful, in that there are constant interruptions from dealing with upset customers to employees needing assistance with problems, issues and complaints.
Not enough managers making themselves readily available, but instead handing off the problems to supervisors.
Lack of integrity from Managers showing a lack of leadership
of skill with people and their employees by laughing and making
cutting personal remarks, on floor. Lack of appreciation to their
committed employees,
The hardest part was seeing lack of respect to hardworking employees and seeing employees work in fear of losing their job.
Pros
JOB SECURITY -No layoffs
Cons
long hours- lack of family time
i worked for copart for 12 years
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 4, 2017
I was fired for something that was not my fault it was wrong to fire me and I could prove it and so could all my good friends that got fired the same way I did. when I claimed unemployment they had no comment they would not even respond to the unemployment office. considering the 11 years worked at Copart from vb2 to Katrina and even England I am sad that they let not only me but a lot of other good people be lost to the culture they hired from other companies when they should have hired from with in and stuck to the principles that the company was built from the shop broom up.
on a good note, I learned a lot of good skills and experience I am thankful for that and all the good times
Great work environment awesome co workers
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 3, 2017
Overall this is a great company that care about there employees. But i found that management at different locations had a big effect on productivity. The basic are not followed at all locations including safety violations. This is something i had a problem with and felt bad about correcting when i know management knew better.
Pros
Great staff. Great pay. off on weekends family functions
Cons
Need to follow all safety rules at every location.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Copart, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8