Copart, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Really great Co-workers
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of getting right out there and start receiving cars in order to meet my quota. I learned more about windows based programs on a tablet I had to use. As well as learned more about cars. Had really great co-workers who not only were great friends but employees who helped me learn the process of being a receiver that much faster. Easily the hardest part of work was the weather but that's Texas. The most enjoyable part of work was my co-workers.
Pros
Co-workers, Healthcare, Pay
Cons
Yard managers, Short breaks
It's a job
Administrative/Asset Support (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 5, 2016
Typical day Nothing but work.
Learned something new just about everyday.
Management ok could be better
Very rude and messy coworkers
Learning about Seller Access
When time to go home
Terrible experience at my yard.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2016
I got fired from my yard due to my health problems. I found out after I spoke to the hr rep that my yard was not FMLA approved.

For the office being as small as it is, there was so much drama. One lady who worked there was very terrible to work with, yet she is stil there, even though she constantly complained to the boss about every one of her coworkers and what they were doing wrong.

Some days were a lot busier than others calling companies and owners to see if vehicles were released, as well as helping people at the counter. I didn't get a chance to crosstrain in other areas, which would have been helpful when we were short handed.

I did learn a lot about auto acutions though.

For the amount of money the benefits are, the pay should be higher.
Pros
busy days
Cons
amount of benfits, not being crosstrained
Dispatcher
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  MissouriJune 17, 2016
No a good company for training new employee's, General Manager sucked, and was rude. Some of the employee's are back stabber,
Hardest part of the job is getting the training you need to do the job.
Nothing was in enjoyed, Only work 10 day and was fired, because of the training program, they would tell you did something wrong, but not explain how to correct the problem
Pros
Cons
Training program
Great pay and a lot of team work!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP/MAIL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Greenwell Springs, LAJune 8, 2016
If you can't multi-task this is not the job for you. No day is ever the same, which was exciting yet stressful. You learn a lot about titles, towing, interact with all kinds of people etc...
Cons
Favoritism, poor management
Great Company to work for!
Salvage Yard CSR (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAMay 24, 2016
I LOVED working at Copart! If i didnt have to relocate i would still be there. Great place to work and gain so much experience.
Very poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 11, 2016
Don't waste your time at this unprofessional company,management seems to know nothing about professionalism. I felt very uncomfortable after while, the workers talk about one another. Too much drama and nobody should have to deal with that. Management does not seem to really care when employees disrespect other employees. A typical day at work consists of clearing cars through body shops or owners. Other times drivers may pick up vehicles on behalf of buyers so title work is involved as well. I learned that this company is very unprofessional, and as mentioned above management is horrible. The hardest part of the job is sitting around feeling uncomfortable because people are very disrespectful. I normally love waking to go to work but not HERE.
Cons
Little pay.
the management was very and bit encouraging
Sr. MM/SD/PM Lead Consultant & Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMay 5, 2016
It was a great learning experience. There were good benefits. Everyone looked forward to coming to work. Moral was high because management made sure employees were happy. If employees are happy then people perform better. Work load might have been difficult from time to time but I worked best under pressure. It is very good environment where you can share your ideas and experiences with the customers and peers.
High Turnover of Employees
ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 4, 2016
Very high turnover usually means it's not being run right. Terrible company culture. It's a keep your head down and shut up environment . Management can play favorites and there is no process on how to be promoted. The business is run on very old technology and practices. If you have no choice and are desperate for a job then this is the company for you. You won't be learning anything new and your growth will be stagnant.
Pros
Easy to find
Cons
Bad leadership.
Happening place
QA Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2016
Lot of IT projects, no dearthnof projects, mix of agile and waterfall
difficult to manage eprsonal life at times due to inability to work remote
Pros
good health insurac
Cons
no flexible work options
Great company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 20, 2016
Copart was a really exciting, growing company when I worked at the company. You learn a lot about how to run a business. You work hard, but it is rewarding.
productive workplace
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 18, 2016
it was great cause you always ways had something to do never without a work assignment. my co-workers was very helpful such as the supervisor was one of the best I had really broke do how to do my assignment to the correct way
non (Former Employee) –  nonApril 4, 2016
Management is terrible, they play favorites. No real room for advancement because its about who you know not what you know.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Stay away
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDMarch 29, 2016
I worked for Copart, where I've seen veteran employees get skipped for a promotion because others would brown nose, back stab fellow employees. Segregated work space, management does not like to see Yard Agents/ or Loaders fraternizing with office personnel. Understaffed laborers sobe prepared to be work until you're dripping sweat and still get yelled at for not working hard enough. New management will come in and disregard what WORKS at that location and when things go sour guess who the blame gets pushed on...
If you somehow decide to still work for this company (hey, everybody needs money).. watch your back and keep your eyes on other employment opportunities.

Im not here to down Copart...Just look at the rest of the reviews/ Numbers don't lie. If you see anything past 2 stars, its probably someone high up in management/ corporate trying to boost ratings.

s/n Monday-Friday but if they ask you to appear on weekends/ no matter if you have plans or a 2nd job... its more of an rhetorical request to them. They'll probably hassle you or document that you didn't come/ nothing official.

Not compensated well, and good luck receiving a decent raise/ raise on time/ receiving a raise in general.
Pros
Mon-Fri
Honestly wonderfull job
Copart (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLMarch 10, 2016
Everyday it was a nice day at work, learned some about vehicules, the people at work we all cooperate together great people. The hardest part it was when the car is state farm they want it better then every other car sometimes they bring the car back saying its not clean, we had to do it how many times they wanted. The enjoyable part of the job it was the co workers team work all the time making the job done faster and fun.
Pros
sometimes the manager buy lunch for everyone
Cons
I was hired by ranstdam i was not a permanent worker yet
Review Summary
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  GastMarch 9, 2016
I'm A Customer Service Rep at one of the biggest salvage facilities in the world . We sell vehicles that have been in car accidents to the public. We are constantly busy dealing with customer complaints and issues so I'm used to working In a hectic work environment. I also process all FedEx , UPS , & USPS that comes in . We process titles and power of attorneys that come in so the insurance companies ( State Farm , Allstate , Progressive ) can issue out settlement checks to there insured
Pros
We are consistenly busy
Cons
No Career Path
Stay away from this place!!!
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 8, 2016
This place is the worst place you can work in you don't move up unless you kiss up to the managers worst management they need to retrain all management also you will get to do all your supervisors work will they are out smoking their lungs out I used to love working here but then it just went down the drain. Like they says is not what you know but who you know!!! This place will make you go crazy and stress you out.. People there are so tired of working there and corporate doing do nothing about it is sad because is such a great company.. Shame that I had to leave after all those years I spent there.. And I wasn't the only one that quit out of no were everyone did some people didn't even put two weeks in they just didn't show up.
Pros
Good company good pay
Cons
Allot of things.
Fast Paced and intense
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Graham, WAMarch 8, 2016
A typical day would be drivers unloading cars off of trucks, taking inventory, setting up a auction list, and supervising a crew of five or more.

This job is intense because of the timely manner things need to be handled in. It is a very stressful environment to work in.

Great customer service is a must. Not only in person, but over the phone as well. So, good communication is a must.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Too fast paced
Great Coworkers, Shady Company
Yard Manager/Loader (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, WVFebruary 16, 2016
I was at Copart for almost 6 years, I stayed because the pay was good, but I was finally terminated for a bad audit score and for having to be of with the flu, They do not tolerate missing any work and with the closeness of the audit being back to back. They told me goodbye. Theres a great staff but i that 6 years with a staff of 9 people I saw 26 employees come and go, there can be a high turnover rate because management shows no compassion
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management does not show its appreciation
Great Empployer
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TX 79118February 11, 2016
Hard work; but worth it and appreciated by management.
I learned how to drive a loader.
Management was good.
Co-workers were fun to work with.
Keeping customers happy.
The work, it was fast passed.

2.7