Copart, Inc Employee Reviews

Poor Management
DMV Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAAugust 9, 2017
Unfortunately the management was misleading and contradicted themselves. They would tell you that your doing a good job and give you pointers on how to move up in the company but yet say your not friendly enough because you followed their pointers. They threatened you that you were at your max pay and wouldn't be able to give you a raise or a different position for your skill set. They would rather spend the money to train new hires than acknowledge their dedicated, long time employee.
Fasta paste.
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 9, 2017
Great management teams, the always make sure to work with you and guide you through learning process.Work environment is very fast paste and at time can be stressful but thats the best way you can learn something in life.
Pros
Earning potential.
Cons
Growth
Typical Day
Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2017
A typical day at work is extremely demanding and stressful, in that there are constant interruptions from dealing with upset customers to employees needing assistance with problems, issues and complaints.
Not enough managers making themselves readily available, but instead handing off the problems to supervisors.
Lack of integrity from Managers showing a lack of leadership
of skill with people and their employees by laughing and making
cutting personal remarks, on floor. Lack of appreciation to their
committed employees,
The hardest part was seeing lack of respect to hardworking employees and seeing employees work in fear of losing their job.
Pros
JOB SECURITY -No layoffs
Cons
long hours- lack of family time
i worked for copart for 12 years
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 4, 2017
I was fired for something that was not my fault it was wrong to fire me and I could prove it and so could all my good friends that got fired the same way I did. when I claimed unemployment they had no comment they would not even respond to the unemployment office. considering the 11 years worked at Copart from vb2 to Katrina and even England I am sad that they let not only me but a lot of other good people be lost to the culture they hired from other companies when they should have hired from with in and stuck to the principles that the company was built from the shop broom up.
on a good note, I learned a lot of good skills and experience I am thankful for that and all the good times
Great work environment awesome co workers
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 3, 2017
Overall this is a great company that care about there employees. But i found that management at different locations had a big effect on productivity. The basic are not followed at all locations including safety violations. This is something i had a problem with and felt bad about correcting when i know management knew better.
Pros
Great staff. Great pay. off on weekends family functions
Cons
Need to follow all safety rules at every location.
Auto salvage
Temp Placement (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAAugust 2, 2017
Company was not diverse in culture. Lots of secrecy seemed to be happening. Closed door meetings. Employees overall were not happy, unless they were in management.
Progressive company with ideas but outdated procedures
Real Estate Acquisition & Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2017
No training, very little oversight.
Open office plan is a detriment to productivity
Friendly culture among employee base
Good benefits however no bonuses
Pros
Excellent medical plan at a low cost
Cons
Outdated management practices
scuzzy company
Account Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAJuly 31, 2017
while working there as only one of 3 guys the rest of the staff were woman there was a very serious issue with the woman rule the world complex and the male staff were treated like trash.
Very dishonest
Automotive Operations Manager/Yard Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 31, 2017
The company is great on paper but demands 70+ hours a week from management and does not provide support for operations team members. This company will work you past a reasonable work/life balance and discourage you from emphasizing your family as a priority. Only 3 families out of 40 showed up to a free day at a amusement park for family fun day, this should say enough considering workforce morale. The company also tends to let problems escalate rather than confront on the spot and terminate employees at will with no previous derogatory marks. Take the job prepared for the workload and work on a exit strategy so you aren't another copart victim.
Pros
Cons
Hostile environment, horrible life balance
family fun day
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 30, 2017
my day is a busy day,take care of customers and transporters.on my feet most of the day. I do enjoy the inter action with the people. I like my co workers and get along with them. management is good. they care about us,sometimes help us out when we are very busy. I enjoy working there except the commute is far for me.
Pros
coworkers, sometomes a free lunch.
Cons
long drive
Could be a good job
Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  Hurricane, WVJuly 27, 2017
Would be a great job with better pay management needs to stop hiring all there friends and quit letting friends do as they please like taking hour and a half lunches or longer and quit taking advantage of those that do try to do their job
Pros
Stock program is awsome
Cons
Managments friends takeing advantage of other employees
Lacks integrity
Senior Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 26, 2017
My experience with Copart is much like most of the other reviews found on this page. The company itself seemed like it would be an excellent place to work, but after over 2 years on the job, Copart lacks integrity.

The managers love making promises that they will not keep. I was literally at the point of whenever my manager promised me something, I expected the opposite to happen. The human resources department is there for the company, not the individual employee. I could not count on anyone at this company for any kind of help or support for anything.
Pros
Cons
I left the cons with the HR exit interviewer
bad management
Customer Loader Driver/Inventory (Former Employee) –  China Grove, NCJuly 24, 2017
the job was ok and i was young when i worked there but the management was poor and they did not operate in the ethics and standards that i hold myself too..
Bad management
CSR (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 23, 2017
Bad management. The higher ups forget about the small people that make them a good company. Have a really high turnover rate. it is obvious why however nothing is down about it
Productive yet challenging
Bank Reconciliation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 20, 2017
I love my job. The job is both exciting and challenging. You must be head strong, organized and most definitely understand all avenues of accounting especially recording journal entries.
Pros
Cakes, Bagel or Donuts
Cons
Weight Gain
Job overall
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 19, 2017
Great place to work with management wasn't all to good over the years . As of the job its self very fast paste fun and will keep you with a smile with the people that comes for service their.
Very bad experience
Yard Agent (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 17, 2017
While I learned several things here it was overall a very bad experience. The working conditions were horrible, the management and supervisors were knowledgeable in the field but horrible when dealing with employees. The pay also felt like it did not reflect the level of physical work required given the environment of the yard and how much work may be required at a given time. I also suppose the benefits may be considered great once you are employed long term but I did not get to experience them.
Benefits
Cons
Working conditions, Management, people skills, pay rate
Management needs to change
Damage Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCJuly 7, 2017
If you are working inside, it is STRESSFUL, with unreasonable deadlines. Yard manager talks about employees to other employees, personal business, life matters. They have a tendency to drive out the employees that are willing to go the extra mile, every 2 years, they seem to have a hire/fire spree. And NOBODY is free from the chopping block.
Pros
okay pay if inside, food catered often
Cons
not family friendly, ridiculous expectations, manager plays favorites..
Dont work here
Yard laborer (Former Employee) –  York Haven, PAJuly 6, 2017
Not really like working in the conditions, heat, humidity, snow, sleet, rain. The one big issue is the breathing in all the dust that is there benefits are horrible and they dont have a bereavement policy, sad!!!!!.
Pros
Cons
Dust, Weather
Great environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 30, 2017
I enjoyed this job and liked going to work everyday. Fast paced environment, great customers, great benefits....very team like atmosphere. High stress, lots of pressure.....time limits are very prevalent. They are moving too much in the direction of corporate minded politics, but you can see the attempt is made to connect with the employees.
Pros
Pay, teamwork, fun
Cons
Very stressful, not very caring regarding personallife issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Copart, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8