Copart, Inc Employee Reviews

Exciting
Sr. Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAMarch 24, 2017
A typical day at work is full of energy. Gives opportunity to learn a lot and fun people to work with. Its a dedicated group of people that are out there to make a difference.
Cons
Productive company and expanding operational culture
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2017
The company as a whole provides excellent managerial experience for new graduates. Typical days at work include interaction with a plethora of customers that provides managerial decision making.
Stressful environment
Senior Vehicle Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 22, 2017
They were firing people left and right. They had 100 people working in June, by September only 30 were left, by November only 15. Sadly this division of Copart never made it to what was planned.
Tons of work, little pay
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Gaston, SCMarch 22, 2017
This job involves an enormous amount of work and the company only provides a percentage increase once a year. Benefits are great and the organization is for the employees for sure other than actual pay rate.
Pros
Mon-Fri most of the time
Cons
Little pay
Good job but managers are very inexperienced
Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2017
At work here for one year the job is good the managers supervisors are very inexperienced they don't have no college background no degrees don't know how to talk to people quick to write you up so this job has a very high turnaround rate you will be there they will pick at you try to find to something to write you up and fire you for
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management yard supervisor suck
Work, work and more work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMarch 9, 2017
Typical day started out crazy busy and ended the same. Wouldn't recommend the job to someone who has a life outside of work. A lot of drama in the work place.
Pros
Cons
At lot of hours
Best job I have ever had.
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 8, 2017
I really liked it here. I got to be around a whole lot of different vehicles. I learned a whole lot of different skills. Everyone there was really nice.
expect way to much from member service dept with very low pay
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Eldridge, IAMarch 6, 2017
My dept is expected to know the functions of all dept. within the company but yet we get the same pay of someone who just forwards emails. Member services is the call center so there for we are called every name in the book when customers are up set and management allows it, we are not allowed to transfer a customer call to management if they are upset we can only give them an email. we are expected to handle every call accurately and with in 5 mins plus send email to the following dept and have this all done with 30 seconds of call ending
Good Company
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 26, 2017
Good company to start out with. Leads in its industry, expect to work hard and learn a great many things about the auto auction business. If you are hungry and willing to relocate, then this is the company for you. Almost every state has a Copart, and you will also find locations around the world.
Productive and best place to learn
JAVA ENGINEER INTERN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2017
One of the best place to start your career. I started as an intern in copart and learnt a lot of new technologies in short span of time.
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Short breaks
Corporate Culture is not good
Human Resources Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2017
The culture at corporate is extremely tight knit and if you don't fit in then you feel like an outsider. I felt like I was not given an opportunity to show what I was capable of because I was not allowed to do assignments unsupervised
productive
Sr .Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2017
it was fun working in HP and friendly environment.It was nice experience and friends are cooperative.I owuld love ot work agian if i get opportunity here
Male dominated oligarchy
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAFebruary 11, 2017
Moved corporate headquarters from Fairfield, CA to Texas for tax reasons. Employees were told their jobs were relocating to Texas but they had to incur all expenses to move there if they wanted to keep their jobs.
Good place to learn and explore skills
SAP BPC/BW Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 9, 2017
Enjoyed my working at Copart.
Very systematic way of approach of work life balance
Though stressful able to achieve the TAT on timely manner
Good people and knowledge sharing
yard agent
Yard Agent (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 7, 2017
Provide basic facility maintenance, record vehicle information, operate digital camera and computer documentation and tracking of vehicles and provide and maintain a safe working environment.
By far the worst job I've ever had
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OHJanuary 20, 2017
I worked for the Dayton, Ohio Copart office. When I first interviewed the manager seemed very nice, said he cooked for employees every Wednesday. He said that everyone in the office gets along well and treats each other with respect. It took only a few minutes after my first day began to realize what a mistake I had made in accepting this job. Employees are treated poorly by management and even talked down to. I've never had any employer speak to me in such a way. You are expected to squeeze every bit of work out in the day that you can and to not have personal conversations at all. If you sit closest to the front desk expect to be answering the counter more than those who sit further back than you. The title clerk and manager rule the roost here and when the manager is not in the title clerk is in charge...and one is as bad as the other. Expect to have to skip your 15 minute breaks because you're too busy. Overall, you should just keep looking.
Pros
rare free lunches
Copart sucks!
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCJanuary 9, 2017
I loved the hours. The management and the other people I worked with didn't know what they were doing. I was sent out of town when I hadn't signed up for it. Overall I didn't have a good experience working with them.
Average, Typical Corporation
Yard Operations Manager September (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 6, 2017
Solid Benefits and Job security. Other than that typical corprate life, unrealistic deadlines and expectations, poor staffing, Lack of quality management.
ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 5, 2017
Good benefits, learned new job with titles, typical day is sometimes stressful, but overall good company, management is ok, and co workers, job is easy, and enjoyable
worse place ever
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Midway, FLDecember 28, 2016
as a driver if ur not with the favoritism of office staff ur an outcast and they do not care about the driver position, as they want someone who know nothing about the position so they can have control over you, runs with no pay.
Pros
insurance
Cons
staff and office manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Copart, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8