Copart, Inc Employee Reviews

non (Former Employee) –  nonApril 4, 2016
Management is terrible, they play favorites. No real room for advancement because its about who you know not what you know.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Productive fast paced environment.
Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  Austell, GADecember 20, 2016
The fast pace was always exciting. Learning new things everyday,different ways to load a car hauler. Getting used to working with other loader operators and maneuvering around the yard. Great work place.
Steady work place with new challenges everyday
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJOctober 12, 2016
Copart is a good place to work it's not the same thing everyday you face new challenges everyday and do your best to overcome them and challenge the norm.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Work outside in the weather
Great pay and a lot of team work!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP/MAIL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Greenwell Springs, LAJune 8, 2016
If you can't multi-task this is not the job for you. No day is ever the same, which was exciting yet stressful. You learn a lot about titles, towing, interact with all kinds of people etc...
Cons
Favoritism, poor management
Review Summary
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  GastMarch 9, 2016
I'm A Customer Service Rep at one of the biggest salvage facilities in the world . We sell vehicles that have been in car accidents to the public. We are constantly busy dealing with customer complaints and issues so I'm used to working In a hectic work environment. I also process all FedEx , UPS , & USPS that comes in . We process titles and power of attorneys that come in so the insurance companies ( State Farm , Allstate , Progressive ) can issue out settlement checks to there insured
Pros
We are consistenly busy
Cons
No Career Path
Stay away!!!
CSR (Former Employee) –  PENNSBURG, PASeptember 17, 2015
This place will not be part of resume. Had great co-workers, but management is horrible, they do not care about their employees. If you do something wrong, they will pull you into the office, but when you do right, nobody notices. The General Manager is very sarcastic, and can be very demeaning to his employees. The female Asst. General Manager will treat you like a slave (she think she owns the company). Horrible, horrible place to work for. You have no life, work comes first, second and third. If you have children, is not the best place to work for since they won't care if your children are sick, or have any emergencies.

If you like repetitive work, this is the job for you. No room for growth or advancement. You will sit at a desk doing the same work all day and will feel like a robot.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Too many to list. STAY AWAY!!!
Its all about the game...
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 13, 2016
Its a good place ro work if you learn how to play the game as with any job but i have no complaints im in a good place with Copart.
Horrible horrible horrible
Inventory Receiver (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COOctober 2, 2016
Treats their employees like garbage doesn't know how to award good hard working employees. Don't care about the work environment.
horrible environment no growth opportunities.
Title Clerk (Current Employee) –  WheelingApril 29, 2015
This company is the worst I have worked for our management is horrible when your complain about the unfair treatment and lack of management support it falls on deaf ears, because the 2 managers cover for each other. Management disrespects buyers and customers on the phone and in person. Its a stressful environment with no opportunity to grow and no support your life does not matter and are forced to do your job as well as the job for others because it's a "team" if you want a day off make sure you submit it with months in advance but if the managers want the same days guess what your request is denied. Oh and they want to know who what where and why you need the day(s) off. We are treated with no respect. Management has job security issues afraid that the employees know too much and are seen as a threat. All they tell you in the interview is a lie..dead end job not worth the stress or waste of your life.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low pay, No growth opportunities
Demanding, fast pace environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing MichiganJune 23, 2015
I learned how to work under a lot of pressure, to motivate myself and my employees. I learned how to run the day to day operations along with some accounting, benefits and worked with the Human Resource Department. To be a manager at Copart you have to be willing to go the extra mile as this is a fast pace business with no down time, you not only have your work that needs to be done but you have also have to help run the day to day operations and jump in and help anyone who needs help no matter what ( learned how to be a team player everyday all day) and all dead lines must be meet. I also loved interacting with all different types of people from insurance agents/adjusters to tow truck drivers. One thing that I loved I had several opportunities to talk with and meet, The founder and CEO of the company and all the upper management. Also Copart sold to vehicle dealers in and out of the United States I got to meet and speak with a lot if interesting people from different cultures.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
No down time to gather your thoughts/ Phone calls all night from drivers
Team Lead/Middleware Architect (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2016
it was good working with the organisation. Nice scope for freshers as well and i would suggest everyone should get an opportunity to work here. It was very good.
Stay away!!!
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  GASeptember 18, 2015
The work environment is completely unprofessional. Cussing, inappropriate comments, loud and obnoxious constant conversation while trying to do a weeks worth of work in a day! Never know what time you will leave because everyone has to be finished for everyone to be able to leave...management plays favorites and if you aren't sucking up, you're not going to be given the time of day. They are too worried about someone being 1 minute late instead of what is going on under their noses that actually affects the work of the day...they don't care about personal issues or emergencies either...do as they say or leave..they don't really care! Many people stuffed into a small work space and expected to be happy and productive...this place is a joke, totally unprofessional, and there is zero room for advancement unless you want to move all over and give your every waking moment to their cause. The pay does not equal the amount of work you do. Stressful is an understatement. Unless you are desperate and can take it for a short amount of time, STAY AWAY
Pros
some nice people
Cons
too many to list!!
Growing company with potential to corner the market
MANGER/HR Liaison (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 6, 2016
Fast paced company with demanding customers and vast amount of different job duties. Able to work outside and enjoy the seasonality of the environment.
Pros
outside
Cons
lots of overtime
Good job
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmer, TXAugust 19, 2016
The job itself was easy and I love what I did. I kept to myself so I can get my work done. There was a lot of drama with other employees so it's best to keep to yourself. But the temps were great people to work with and it's fun once you get the hang of it.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Other staff
Great company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 20, 2016
Copart was a really exciting, growing company when I worked at the company. You learn a lot about how to run a business. You work hard, but it is rewarding.
Review Summary
Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDNovember 5, 2015
An enjoyable place to work, the job is easy and the task are easy you come in do what you have to do, and go home they do allow overtime which is good if you're trying to earn a little extra money on your paycheck. Fairly well chance of advancement for hard working individuals.
Pros
No one looking over your shoulder, 1 hour lunches, Friendly managment
Cons
Hours worked, sometimes poor management choices
Great Coworkers, Shady Company
Yard Manager/Loader (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, WVFebruary 16, 2016
I was at Copart for almost 6 years, I stayed because the pay was good, but I was finally terminated for a bad audit score and for having to be of with the flu, They do not tolerate missing any work and with the closeness of the audit being back to back. They told me goodbye. Theres a great staff but i that 6 years with a staff of 9 people I saw 26 employees come and go, there can be a high turnover rate because management shows no compassion
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management does not show its appreciation
Fast Paced and intense
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Graham, WAMarch 8, 2016
A typical day would be drivers unloading cars off of trucks, taking inventory, setting up a auction list, and supervising a crew of five or more.

This job is intense because of the timely manner things need to be handled in. It is a very stressful environment to work in.

Great customer service is a must. Not only in person, but over the phone as well. So, good communication is a must.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Too fast paced
Growing Company/ Poor worklife balance
General Manger (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COMarch 26, 2015
Overall I enjoyed my career at Copart very much. They ask a lot of General Manager at large operations, and the pressure s very intense. Balance between work and home are very difficult to find. There have been multiple times during my career that I worked for months straight without days off. As a salary employee, no matter the pay at some point it just isn't worth the stress. There is intense pressure put on the employees at the yard level to meet and exceed operation SOPs put in place by the sales or corporate teams, but all too often the man power and resources to efficiently make these changes never are factored into the plans. It is left to the yard operations to seek out solutions on their own, and adjust on the fly. Sometimes this is great and leads to new and more efficient ways to accomplish these tasks, but all too often, I saw employees becoming more and more disengaged by the constantly changing expectations of their own jobs.
Pros
compensation
Cons
short sighted managment, no work life balance, very stressful
For the publice
form employee (Former Employee) –  copart yardDecember 16, 2015
The management was horrible and did not know how to ran the yard properly. The head management was unprofessional and did not support the staff when they made the customer happy and meet the customer dead line on time.
Pros
at first was a fun and good compeny to work for.
Cons
long hours for little pay and bad management at Yard levle.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Copart, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7