FULL-TIME TRANSACTIONAL PARALEGAL
Copart, Inc., a $3 billion publicly traded (NASDAQ: CPRT) global leader in online vehicle sales, named one of Forbes Magazine's 200 Best Small Businesses for nine years running, has a unique opportunity for a certified paralegal with a diverse skill set to support its North Dallas corporate legal department on a permanent, full time basis.
- 4 years experience as a corporate and transactions paralegal
- Paralegal certificate
- Four-year degree
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic knowledge of corporate and general law
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and online research
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, meet tight deadlines, work with a team and possess high level of organizational skillsAbility to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with quick response time
- Professional demeanor
- Possessing highest level of integrity and trustworthiness
- Corporate Transactions and Contract Management: Assist in the drafting, organization, and closing of real estate and business acquisitions, and general business contracts. Maintain business contract template library. Calendar critical dates and deadlines. Create, maintain and update index of active matters.
- Corporate Secretary Support: Draft board minutes, resolutions, unanimous written consents, agenda, powers of attorney, assemble board packages, file annual corporate reports, coordinate annual shareholder meetings, organize and maintain corporate books and records.
- General Research: Prepare legal memoranda and research legal issues.
- Project and Workload Management: Track department assignments, ensure follow up on tasks and deadlines.