Copart Auto Auctions Employee Reviews

Fun Place To Work Excellent Auction
Reciever/ Front Load Operator (Former Employee), Houston TexasJune 18, 2014
I Learned A lot At Copart I learned How To Drive A Front Loader And A Forklift And Many Other Vehicles.
loader operator
Loader Operator (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MOFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: hard worker
Load and unload auto transporters.
I Learned how to operate a front end loader.
The hardest part of my job was working outside at times in the elements.
Relaxed Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Bridgeton, MOJanuary 21, 2014
Copart is a good place to work for the most part. The hours aren't bad, you're constantly busy from the time you arrive until the time you clock out, which helps your day fly by. The management could use some critiquing on their skills but overall they are good for the small amount of employees they are allowed to complete the jobs that are expected to be executed.
It was a very stressful & unplesant work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 21, 2013
Pros: 3 breaks a day
Cons: you (as an empoyer had to accumlate for days off therefore, you weren't not offered a week as my many employments before a week after 1 yr. of service.
I had a Disk replaced on the my lower back because of this situation, I was on strong medication for the pain which my Mangner was full aware of & I also made arrangements with him for I was going to be out of work for a Month or so.
I was also on FMLA until the 1st yr. of 2009 & they waited on me to show up at work on a Friday & upon arriving on work, which always did, they let me go.
Then 2 days after my termination, I then received my FMLA PPWK upon arriving home that afternoon, which was too late.
Not really worth it
Yard Manager (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLDecember 4, 2013
Cons: michael nunn
Beware of management that will micro-manage there staff. Michael Nunn from the West Palm Beach lacks training and responsibilities. Overall its a good company to work for.
Everyone works as a team
Dmv Clerk (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 8, 2013
Copart is a great place to work for. Had to leave due to the military and there was not a closer copart near the city we are in or I would have wanted to see if I could relocate.
Everyone is really nice and works together. Phones are completely crazy all day so a better phone system will help improve everyone's daily tasks.
Very productive job
General Manager (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAMarch 5, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: no openings in colorado
Assisted regional manager and other general Managers in selling 350 to 700 cars a week at 7 southern California locations until me and the wife moved back to Colorado
Productive, fun and busy work environment
Title Specialist/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: the hours and the people
Cons: no cons
It was a great place to work with great benefits, pay and management.
If you're married to your job
Senior IT Engineer (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: i no longer work there
Cons: environment and leadership
If you don't mind being married to your job, this isn't a bad place to work. Of course don't mind that your job it likely to divorce you because the IT staff in India is cheaper. I wasn't outsourced but after my whole department left, they outsourced my department instead of hiring back employees. As a whole the company believes IT is just something that exists, never mind that we were required to run the whole business.

Rumor mill has it that thought is starting to change as outsourcing is failing but I'm not convinced.

Summing up Copart in one story, the owner walked by the new hire group being given a tour of the building and with it the history framed on the walls. He said hi to the HR representative and treated the rest of us like lepers. 30 seconds to say, "hey new people being given the HR tour, welcome to Copart. Gotta run to a meeting but we are happy you're all here." would have made a huge culture difference.
Fast Paste and fun
Title Clerk/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Amarillo, TxDecember 29, 2012
Pros: opportunities for advancement
Cons: location
Title work, Dealing with customers and Dispatching sub haulers.
Good pay, good advancement opportunities, but once you are a GM your job doesn't feel as secure
General Manager/Yard Manager (Former Employee), Midway, FLNovember 26, 2012
Pros: pay, advancement, communication with immediate supervisor.
Cons: typical corporate stuff. corporate trying too hard to diversify copart's business
Great room for advancement. The quality of your job depends on your regional manager. I had a really bad one who was replaced with a really good one during regional changes. Good pay, good benefits, everything is pretty well-run from the RM's down to the yard level.
Copart is a well organized company that has a lot to offer.
Affiliate Specialist/Receptionist/CSR/DMV Clerk (Current Employee), Vallejo, CaOctober 25, 2012
Pros: the benefits, and job security.
Cons: location, and salary
I really enjoy working at Copart and like the employees and management. I am looking for something a bit closer to home since they relocated to Vallejo last year. I have worked there for 7 years. I am well organized, and know how to multi task. It can be stressful some days, but I believe that I am there to do my best and give 120% everyday.
never a dull moment
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Austell, GAJuly 20, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: never a dull moment
meeting new tow drivers and getting to klnow all of my coworkers in different states.
Productive and rigorous workplace
Third Party MVD Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2012
Pros: healthcare, compensation
Cons: paid holidays
Each day consisted of me checking my email for messages from clients or partners on tasks being given. I needed to complete goals and tasks set aside with a specific timeframe on them. Learned to show patience and hold composure in hectic workplace. Co-Workers were friendly and more like a family. The hardest part of my job was attempting to help customers who did not understand english. The most enjoyable part of my job was forming such good relationships with co-workers.