COPART Employee Reviews

Constantly changing day to day
Yard Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, NJJanuary 14, 2016
Everyday is different, that does not allow for there workers to find a rhythm. You tend to be a number and not a name. Terminates without proper knowledge of a situation and will not admit fault
Hard job
Yard Agent (Former Employee) –  Brighton, CODecember 18, 2015
It was a non-stop job. Kept you busy and kept you going. The job itself was fine but it was outside so you got the heat and the cold. The management was unsatisfactory though.
Definitely was a productive place to work.
Yard agent (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 16, 2015
A typical day involved detailing cars and interacting with my coworkers and management. The hardest part of the job was making my daily quota but that was also the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Full time hours
Cons
location
Great job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 13, 2015
Really enjoyed working for this company and would suggest it to anyone looking for a fast paced high energy environment
understaffed. poor leadership
Customer Service Rep/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia Station, OHOctober 8, 2015
Our day starts with scheduling pickup/deliveries. Printing work orders communication task with sub haulers. Printing checks, shipping documents. working with customer / agents / haulers.
Good Job to have
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  GAAugust 7, 2015
Great for Individuals with little experience that want to develop business world skills and build up a noticeable resume. Great benefits!! 401k/ ESOP (Employee stock purchase)
Pros
Beneits and experience
Cons
low ceiling for growth
Alright place, if you're ready to take on everything yourself
Loader Operator/Yard Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 12, 2015
Employees make bad pay and everyone gets treated differently. Horrible leadership. If you can find something else I suggest you do
Pros
Cons
Bad pay, horrible leadership
Wonderful Place to Work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ebensburg, PAJuly 6, 2015
Probably one of the best places I have had the opportunity to work for and with. If there was a yard closer, I would have transferred in a heartbeat!
Very professionals with a priority on Customer Service
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAMay 18, 2015
This company is dedicated to its employees and customers their goal is 100% satisfaction.

The co-worker environment is very friendly (family-like).

They listen to their customers and to their employees and have always new ideas to make service better.
Pros
They listen
Fun Place To Work
Yard agent (Former Employee) –  Haslet txMay 13, 2015
It was a great work place and had great co workers just the management wasn't as organized as it should of been. I learned how to be fast and proficient at what I do and accurately. and I just pretty much got cars ready for auction.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Poor management
Growing Company/ Poor worklife balance
General Manger (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COMarch 26, 2015
Overall I enjoyed my career at Copart very much. They ask a lot of General Manager at large operations, and the pressure s very intense. Balance between work and home are very difficult to find. There have been multiple times during my career that I worked for months straight without days off. As a salary employee, no matter the pay at some point it just isn't worth the stress. There is intense pressure put on the employees at the yard level to meet and exceed operation SOPs put in place by the sales or corporate teams, but all too often the man power and resources to efficiently make these changes never are factored into the plans. It is left to the yard operations to seek out solutions on their own, and adjust on the fly. Sometimes this is great and leads to new and more efficient ways to accomplish these tasks, but all too often, I saw employees becoming more and more disengaged by the constantly changing expectations of their own jobs.
Pros
compensation
Cons
short sighted managment, no work life balance, very stressful
a good starting position
Sales Agent, Vehicle Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Great company first and foremost, just absolutely no job security and a lot of horseplay, which I come to work to work. Also there was no opportunity for advancement. Busy call center, trained new hires, not a hard job at all. Just the hours Monday thru Saturday , no overtime but I sometimes would work 50 hours back to back weeks. I love staying busy and working for customers and helping those in need. I loved copart but it was no opportunity to advance.
Pros
the reputation to be the best
Cons
the environment and lack of pay for hours worked
not bad
Receiving Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 12, 2015
inventory incoming vehicles. clean, image, wrap and put away. good people, physically demanding. great schedule. paid holidays, vacation no weekends.
Pros
schedule
Cons
compensation and advancment
not properly managed
Dot Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJanuary 26, 2015
work culture was not aligned
no job security
management was good
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great job with lots of room to advance
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Waldorf MDJanuary 12, 2015
Worked there outside and also had an office staff which we worked with easily. Management was always around to give help and make sure work was done.
Pros
advancement
Cons
intense deadlines
Productive and Fast pace environment
Title Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 5, 2014
- a typical day at work would be to handle a high call volume.
- emailing or mailing out forms for duplicate title
- most enjoyable part of working at copart would be the comfortable environment made for the workers by management.
love the job
Yard Agent (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 2, 2014
great Job people was great had the bestest time out there wish i could have gone back
productive
Inventory Receiver / Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 23, 2014
plenty of job security ,friendly workforce, great management ,no room for advancements and the pay scale is ok,as for the rules and regulations ,safety operations are good.
Pros
job security
Cons
needs a higher scale of pay rate and more room for advancement
great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hueytown, ALAugust 21, 2014
great job and experience i love working there and its easy and laid back
Productive and positive place to work.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dallas,TexasAugust 11, 2014
wonderful work area with lovely view of the city, as well as employees are very nice and helpful.