COPART

COPART Employer Reviews

Upper Management is horrible!
Yard Agent/Estimator (Former Employee), Loganville, GAJuly 24, 2013
Upper management needs to make sure they actually know what those lower than them do in their jobs. Alot of work for not great pay.
productive and fun work place
Loader and Unloader (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 16, 2013
going to work knowing what you have to do and not have to wait on one to give order's go in get your day started great group of people working together .
Good Place to Work
Reciever (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 3, 2013
Copart is a great place to work. You did get good pay for the work that you do.
Calm and great for building office experience.
Sells Accounting And Receiving (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAJune 9, 2013
I come intpo work, and handle Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) payyments. Once i have finished with processing the EDI payments, I go ahead and focus my time on my collections, and taking care of any emails, and customer services calls. I have experiene working here, the management as well as the co-workers have been more then friendly, and willing – more... to help one another. As for the hard part of the job, well that would have to be the numbers. just the slightest number that is off can make a big difference wetween $100 and $1000. I would have to say that overall, it is a good work inviorment, and enjoyable place to work. – less
Great Place for anyone
Yard Agent (Current Employee), Austell, GAMay 16, 2013
Pros: 8-5 work day, monday thru friday, overtime available, benefits, good pay
Cons: hot weather, moody co workers sometimes, only so much advancement
I basically clean out cars and cover up broken windows, clean up spills, its all automotive related.
Excellent office to work in, coworkers are very nice
Corp. Sales rep (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 30, 2013
Copart is a great company to work for. The management in our office makes you feel like you belong instead of just another number in the office. The work for me is for the most part stress free. My coworkers are very nice people. I love the fact most of my coworkers leave the home problems at home instead of bring it to work. the only thing i would – more... change is the pay. it's a little low for what we do. All in all it's a great company. – less
great place to work. everyday there is a new challenge
Senior loader/operator (Former Employee), Gaston, SCApril 12, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
check machines, learned how to operate a l90f front end loader, good managemen and coworkers. job was fairly easy. i enjoyed the most picking op cars with a huge machine.
China Grove,NC-YIKES! STAY AWAY...EVEN HUMAN RESOURCES WON'T PAY A VISIT!!!!!!!
Dispatcher-7 years (Former Employee), North CarolinaApril 11, 2013
Pros: i was very passionate about my job and found this to be a downfall in the end.
Cons: to many issues in this yard to list!
Poor Management
Falsification of computer documentation
Management giving out their passwords that require GM authority only
Vehicles for the sellers being uncleared by a coworker in order for the drivers not to complain about the run. Overchares by shops are late cars as coworker hides this information.Yes watch sellers you will be accruing a great – more... deal more storage on your vehicles these days hidden in the tow bills because an employee is hiding information.
Also asked by Managemnt to advise subhaulers to have credit card fees hidden in tow bills.
No monitoring of employees who harass one another to the extreme of spreading rumors and lies to benefit themselves. My coworker wished me dead and was degrading to me in front of the Office Manager who found it funny and no discipline was taken even after several requests.
Terminating employees for attempting to do the right thing by looking out for the company as a whole.
Managers bash upper management to leave employees feeling the company is headed in a negative direction.
Managements do no wrong attitude will be the greatest downfall to a company Willis Johnson worked so hard for.
Copart trust your long time blue collar workers ......we know a little more about the pros and cons of how our specific job is done.
New hires are brought on with false promises which lead to quick disappointment....leads to aggressive competitive behavior between coworkers and unruly working environment.
One girl has been the root of all evil placing several coworkers on nerve medicine just to deal with her. Managment just overlooks the distraction she creates.
Biggest thing in this yard is you must kiss butt or just keep your mouth shut. If wrong doing is being done don't bother with HR. They just don't care. So you might as well throw the employee handbook away! None of it matters as violations are unimportant. – less
A terrible place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee), MidwestMarch 1, 2013
Cons: management that couldn't be trusted
The people who run this company are not nice people. They couldn't care less about their employees. Within a few weeks of my employment I came to realize that I couldn't believe one word that came from my boss' mouth. I saw him lie to customers and co-workers alike. I believe that it was part and parcel of the Corporate Culture. It was the worst work – more... experience I have ever had. – less
Management poor
employee (Former Employee), North CarolinaFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: horrible management...way over worked
Company makes promises of promoting from within but tells current employees that are not qualified for positions. Frequently hires KIDS straight out of college that NEVER had a job to be your manager.
Upper management has such a poor attitude!

RUN RUN RUN!!!

No appreciation, over works employees, pushes for more work because they are UNDER STAFFED!
Good place to work if you have a family
Vehicle Purchasing Agent (Current Employee), Vallejo, CAJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: lack of leadership from management
Good place to work if you have a family. Too many changes going on with the company in their sales dept.
Too bad they've left CA for TX
Corporate Recruiting Coordinator (Contract) (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: work life balance
Awesome company, awesome coworkers, awesome company culture. I had awesome managers from whom I learned a lot, very helpful. Great place to work!
Salvage Auto Auction selling a variety of consignors private and publicly.
Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Hammond, INJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: close commute, pay, benefits, and network of businesses.
Cons: little or no advancements for women
I was responsible for new employee training, and traveling sometimes to other offices to get new hires up to speed. I would also promote and recruit new businesses for auction membership. I learned that working hard and being committed is rewarding both personally and professionally. My co-workers where all from diverse backgrounds which made for a – more... enriched and fun environment. My management was not as open to women in high positions during the time I was employed, it was ran entirely by males, so times were sometimes degrading for women. The hardest part was working hard with no advancement and the most enjoyable was interacting with the dealers and insurance adjusters who really appreciated all the hard work with put into everyone of our salvage vehicles we sold. – less
AVOID; it will be the worst job you ever had.
Assistant GM (Former Employee), Northwest US.December 10, 2012
Pros: great co-workers, free coffee
Cons: everything else, an evil corporate staff, gm would not fix ac. hot office.
There is nothing wrong with being busy; you will be and never have time to look at your watch. But, you are busy because yards are short staffed and so much is piled on you.
Customers are angry because so much of their time is waiting and you can't give them the attention they need because you are always running around. You will be written up for not – more... getting your job done.
Your co-workers are mostly all nice and helpful.
Regional and Corporate Managers are elitist scum bags who decide in a second if they like you or not. The hard working Yard Manager was targeted, but a slow moving yard person was embraced by the Regional. Go figure.
This is nothing more than selling junk cars in a mad paced environment. The good? Free coffee and I learned to drive a loader.
Why do corporate officers who under pay their staff need a company jet? – less

December 14, 2012

My friend I do admired your courage. You are brave! We the people yes wanted to work in a good environment and safe place to work. I will run from this place if I drove bi.

December 14, 2012

My friend I do admired your courage to stand up against Clownie Management. We the people yes wanted to work in a place where is safe and a good environment. Me, I will yes run, if I have ever drove by this company. I will call Captain America to this Managers

February 25, 2013

totallly agree... owner has private jet, owns a winery, and bought Alan Jacksons mansion in TN as his east coast home, but over works and under pays his employees!!

Busy
Yard Laborer (Former Employee), Dunn, NCOctober 30, 2012
This is was a high paced job and I enjoyed it. And if things slowed down I would continuously find something to do just because it needed to be done. I took the initiative.
Copart Direct is a JOKE!
Automotive Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), Fairfield, CASeptember 27, 2012
Pros: working from home most of the time
Cons: senior management is clueless about daily operations, micromanage the fun out of the job, pay structure based on lies
The "Vehicle Purchasing Agent" position was advertised a great ground floor opportunity to work in a fairly new division of a successful & well established company, the leader in salvage auctions across the US, Canada and UK. In reality it's a place where false promises and incompetence rules.

Although you can work from home every aspect of your day – more... is constantly scrutinized and micromanaged. You are encouraged to offer the general public next to nothing to buy their vehicles and sit on the phone while being cursed out and hung up on for 8-10 hours a day. Any daily positive outlook you may have is eliminated after being on the phone with customers who verbally abuse you when offering them $150 to buy their junk vehicle....or offer about 40% of what a local dealership will pay for the same vehicle if it is a late model, lower mileage (nice) car. Why are the offers so low? It's the only way to hit your designated performance targets and take your percentage of the profits. Basically, no lowball offers, no commission!

This type of work may be an appealing job for someone who comes from a collections background or anyone else who makes a living by being a punching bag. It could be a moot point anyway since this division of the company has been bleeding serious cash for months. Management's answer to this problem? Hire a new "desk monkey" director who blasts out hourly emails nitpicking everyone's performance while simultaneously offering absolutely no viable solutions to common problems. Yeah, good luck with that one!

Overall I would tell anyone who has ANY automotive experience, customer service experience or even retail experience to look elsewhere for employment unless you need something ASAP until something better comes along. Don't believe the hype about an unlimited income potential either. You could make good money if you are willing to work 15+ hours a day, 7 days a week and be fine with lying, cheating and stealing your way to the top. There is absolutely no future here, and you'll feel like you've lost IQ points every day you work for Copart Direct. – less

October 23, 2012

what kind of drug test do they give

wonderful, hard working fellow office employees
Floater (Current Employee), Hueytown, ALSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: competitive pay and benefits and excellent corporate management
Cons: inconsistent and unreliable local management
The Birmingham,AL CoPart yard has wonderful hard working office employees that are a joy to work with.They have competitive pay and excellent benefits. The local management has their own agenda, however. They will instruct personnel to do things that are not supported by the corporate policies, and will retaliate against anyone who attempts to report – more... it. Unfortunately, local management also practices favoritism and double standards. Corporate is not aware of these practices at this time due to intimidation by local management. – less
Productivity and enjoyable
Title clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: stressful
typical day at copart constant work.Mangement taught me that even
they have to follow the rules and work to your best.Co-workers
provided the team affect.Without them the job would not get done.
hardest part of job.Not being able to provided customer service
to the export buyers.Due to texas laws.Going home with knowing
I did my best.
Fun and productive work place
Customer Services Rep/dispatcher (Former Employee), Bridgeton moAugust 28, 2012
Loved working with my co-workers and the customers who came in.
I enjoyed having customers call and saying thank you and that the service was great.
A very secured and professional company.
Customer service representative/ Dispatcher (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 17, 2012
Pros: paid vacation, paid sick days, great schedule, competitive salary, job security
Cons: barely any overtime.
A typical day at my job can be coming in to a long waiting line of customers and potential customers outside of our yard to either do payments for their accounts, ask inquiries or even come in our yard to look at vehicles we have coming up on our auction. This company has definitely made me more aware of the definition of a multitask-er, as well as – more... teamwork. Management is always there as needed, is not that behind the scene type management. My coworkers are always there when in need, and the day goes much easier knowing you have a dependable team with you. The company i work for is a salvage auto auction, so we deal with a lot of car insurances and there claims with their clients. So i will definitely say that the hardest part of my day is listening and trying to cope with the insurances clients telling me about their car accidents experience and frustrations. Although at times work can be stressful and hectic, i have to say the most enjoyable part of it is knowing i satisfied our customers with my professional service. – less

About COPART

What happens after cars are totaled in wrecks or natural disasters? How about stolen cars recovered after the insurance settlement? – Read more

COPART Photos