COPE Health Solutions Employee Reviews

Great way to get hands on experiences
Health Scholar (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 8, 2017
Had a great time shifting on all different floors. Hospital staff loved to have you there and if you work hard some nurses will let you watch and help with more things. Must be a self starter and willing to get your hands dirty.
great volunteer experince
Health Scholar Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Harbor City, CAJuly 26, 2017
As a Health Scholar, I have gained clinical experience by working side by side with the hospital administrative team, certified nursing assistants, nurses, physicians, x-ray techs, and physician’s assistants. It is my job as a scholar to make a difference in patient’s lives. I am there to walk/transport patients throughout the hospital, feed them, assist with taking vitals, assist with checking in patients and discharging them.
its ok
Clinical Care Extender Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 26, 2017
if you need internship hours, and have a interest in the medical field, this is a good position to see how doctors and other people work in their field
great opportunity
Intern/Volunteer (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAJuly 7, 2017
Great place for undergrads, students, and/or prospective health care workers to gain clinical experience interacting with patients through the health scholar program.
Fun Place to work, good culture
Sr. Software Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2017
Typical day is a regular day, start with coordinating the work with the leads and other colleagues, Learn lot about health care industry, friendly culture, complicated and most enjoyable challenging.
Pros
Friendly and respectable environment, take short breaks any time
Cons
None that I see any cons
It was ok
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, waMay 22, 2017
I was just not cut out for being a caregiver, but if you are this is the way to go. Everyone you talk to is knowledgeable and extremely helpful. They have a course you take that is super awesome.
Great place to learn core consulting principles
Consulting, Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 29, 2017
COPE Health Solutions tackles leading issues in healthcare and is a great place to start your career. It could improve its work culture and work-life balance, but overall the experience is great.
Better off somewhere else
Health Scholar (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 10, 2017
There is a ridiculous amount of hoops you need to get through just to apply. I spent way too much money just getting vaccinated and getting my CPR certification. You're better off volunteering with the hospital directly. I know it varies which site you train, but contacting anyone in the program is difficult. I had to email four different people and make two phone calls before I could even get a hold of someone.
Pros
Rotations among different floors. Good for college students interested in the medical field
Cons
Contacting admin takes forever, expensive application and "tuition"
Educational Position
Clinical Care Scholar (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 6, 2017
Wonderful program to be involved in. There are so many opportunities that are given to the students to create relationships with healthcare professionals.
Hands on Experience
Clinical Care Extender Intern (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJanuary 1, 2016
Work with RNs throughout shift with basically anything. Maintain work area neat and organized. Attend patients and family members.

Want to know more about COPE Health Solutions?

Ask a question
Great for introduction into medical field
Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 21, 2015
Great for college students that want to get their volunteer work up because the shifts are short, you get to pick when you take a shift and you can learn so much when you ask the correct questions.
Pros
great learning experience, tons of different fields you can study, gate way to more opportunity
Cons
No pay, but free food at the end of your shift
Great Place to Volunteer
Clinical Care Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 17, 2014
It was a great experience volunteering for this program. I got to experience different departments of the hospital. The staff were friendly and would take the time to teach you.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Hard to get desired shifts if the department has a lot of volunteers
eye opening, exciting, love it
internship, Riverside Community Hospital (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 20, 2014
This internship has changed my life, strengthen my goals and my vision of life and career. extremely professional personal
Biased management which rewards only favorites, not progress or competency
Department Coordinator (Former Employee) –  GlendaleMarch 16, 2014
To start off, COPE Health solutions is a health consulting company that provides trained interns (Clinical Care Extenders) to hospitals. The intern program is really well done. However, everything else about the company is filled with lack of compassion.

The company provides an opportunity to join "Leadership Team" which is run by a manager. However, the company does no checks and balances if managers are actually doing their work or not. For example, my manager would delegate EVERYTHING to the "Leadership Team" and would barely talk to hospital staff. This manager was so poor she would often ask others what her meetings with hospital directors was about and to prepare her presentations.

Sadly, incompetence was not her only strong point. She also completely disregarded the well-being of interns. She would force leadership team members to work without breaks past 5 hours. Her version of disciplining people was "so I heard people talking that you were not doing your job" when in reality that was her own thoughts. This led to distrust among everyone. Furthermore, if she loved you, you could do absolutely and be an outstanding worker. On the other hand, if she disliked you even a little bit, you could do everything right and you would still be in trouble.

Sadly, this person was promoted while multiple managers whom were around longer, more qualified, and friendly were not. Many of them quit. This person was promoted due to the extreme favoritism that runs throughout the company.

There is nothing to gain by trying to move up in this company unless you are a brown-noser.
  more... Just stick with the Clinical Care Extender and avoid everything else.  less
Pros
Clinical Care Extender Program is a great experience
Cons
Everythng else that COPE Health Solutions provides
Non paid internship
Clinical Care Extender Internship (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAMarch 1, 2014
non paid internship but you get to see many cool stuff. no free meal and need to attend 3-day 10 hours training
Pros
experience
Cons
non paid no free lunches
Very great way to increase hands-on experience with patients
Clinical Care Extender Intern (Current Employee) –  Glendale Adventist Medical CenterFebruary 24, 2014
I have just started shadowing a current intern and the typical day at work was busy, but manageable. I learned a lot about bedside manner, where supplies are stored, and the overall ambience and daily routines of those who work in the hospital. The management is great and it is always ensured that everyone in the workplace is doing their job right and making sure that patients are comfortable and taken care of. My co-workers are very helpful and knowledgeable. The hardest part of the job would have to be the sudden changes in plans as to which patient to take care of next due to new patients coming in or sudden emergencies that need attention. The most enjoyable part of the job is just being in the hospital where I see myself in the future.
Pros
experience, patient care
Work as a CCE prepared me for clinical and hospital work
Clinical Career Extender (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 16, 2013
Working for COPE was a fundamental first step which got my feet wet for the hospital field. It allowed me to experience a new working environment, full of day to day experiences from communication to Patients, Nurses, and families of the patients. The management was very stern, making sure all COPE employees followed hospital protocol by the books, ensuring that both the patients and employees were well taken care of and safe. Employees were responsible mainly for assisting the RN and CNA nurses on the floor but were also responsible for strong patient care: assisting, feeding and cleaning patients. Patient-employee interaction and communication bridged any gaps between the patients and the hospital that were not already covered by the nurses.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Internship
Internship Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAOctober 2, 2013
Great internship to learn if you want to pursue a career in healthcare
Great
Clinical Intern (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 16, 2013
Have received great experience through my internship. I've gone through my first rotation (3 months) and I have been able to work directly with patients and help them within my scope of practice.
Committed to growth and success of employees; great compensation and benefits
Regional Director, Health Care Talent Innovations (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 20, 2013
COPE Health Solutions is a fast-paced company committed to employee growth and success. The company offers a variety of management opportunities (consulting projects, service lines, and project management skills). You are continuously surrounded by seasoned professionals available for mentorship and guidance. The company culture is fun and engaging - the CEO is very encouraging of including family in all company events. Work is rewarding and successes are always recognized!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COPE Health Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2