COPE Health Solutions

COPE Health Solutions Employee Reviews

Better off somewhere else
Health Scholar (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 10, 2017
There is a ridiculous amount of hoops you need to get through just to apply. I spent way too much money just getting vaccinated and getting my CPR certification. You're better off volunteering with the hospital directly. I know it varies which site you train, but contacting anyone in the program is difficult. I had to email four different people and make two phone calls before I could even get a hold of someone.
Pros
Rotations among different floors. Good for college students interested in the medical field
Cons
Contacting admin takes forever, expensive application and "tuition"
A lot of opportunities to gain your exposure from
Clinical Care Extender (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CASeptember 7, 2012
If you are a student and is seeking for an experience in the health field, this is the company you want to apply to. They jump start your career and will spawn a lot of opportunities. I like how you could choose the departments you can volunteer in. A typical 4-hour shift varies day to day and in departments you chose. I have harnessed my skills as a CNA because the medical staff are continuously asking for help, which is good. The hardest part of the job is I would say nothing, you will be trained for 3 days before you throw you in to the floor. I enjoy that you have direct patient contact and there is a lot to learn in every department!
Pros
short shifts
Cons
no breaks in 4hour shifts, sometimes the department could be inflexible with your time.
Committed to growth and success of employees; great compensation and benefits
Regional Director, Health Care Talent Innovations (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 20, 2013
COPE Health Solutions is a fast-paced company committed to employee growth and success. The company offers a variety of management opportunities (consulting projects, service lines, and project management skills). You are continuously surrounded by seasoned professionals available for mentorship and guidance. The company culture is fun and engaging - the CEO is very encouraging of including family in all company events. Work is rewarding and successes are always recognized!
Great experience for pre-health careers
Clinical Care Extender (CCE) (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 24, 2012
This was a volunteer internship so the majority of what CCEs do is to assist the nurses. Some of this may be administrative type work but most of the time it is actual interaction and patient care. Often depending on the department you get to observe hospital or surgical procedures. The hours are not bad and the scheduling is pretty flexible and I got a great amount of time with patients and working with hospital staff who can be great references. It's really good for pre-health students who are looking for a career in this field because at this point it's hard to find something where you are so hands on. The staff was really friendly and most would be happy to teach you. As to be expected, a hospital environment can be fast paced and hectic but it is so rewarding.
Pros
great experiences
Cons
limited to what you can do (understandably).
Very great way to increase hands-on experience with patients
Clinical Care Extender Intern (Current Employee) –  Glendale Adventist Medical CenterFebruary 24, 2014
I have just started shadowing a current intern and the typical day at work was busy, but manageable. I learned a lot about bedside manner, where supplies are stored, and the overall ambience and daily routines of those who work in the hospital. The management is great and it is always ensured that everyone in the workplace is doing their job right and making sure that patients are comfortable and taken care of. My co-workers are very helpful and knowledgeable. The hardest part of the job would have to be the sudden changes in plans as to which patient to take care of next due to new patients coming in or sudden emergencies that need attention. The most enjoyable part of the job is just being in the hospital where I see myself in the future.
Pros
experience, patient care
Work as a CCE prepared me for clinical and hospital work
Clinical Career Extender (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 16, 2013
Working for COPE was a fundamental first step which got my feet wet for the hospital field. It allowed me to experience a new working environment, full of day to day experiences from communication to Patients, Nurses, and families of the patients. The management was very stern, making sure all COPE employees followed hospital protocol by the books, ensuring that both the patients and employees were well taken care of and safe. Employees were responsible mainly for assisting the RN and CNA nurses on the floor but were also responsible for strong patient care: assisting, feeding and cleaning patients. Patient-employee interaction and communication bridged any gaps between the patients and the hospital that were not already covered by the nurses.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Hands on Experience
Clinical Care Extender Intern (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJanuary 1, 2016
Work with RNs throughout shift with basically anything. Maintain work area neat and organized. Attend patients and family members.
Great for introduction into medical field
Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 21, 2015
Great for college students that want to get their volunteer work up because the shifts are short, you get to pick when you take a shift and you can learn so much when you ask the correct questions.
Pros
great learning experience, tons of different fields you can study, gate way to more opportunity
Cons
No pay, but free food at the end of your shift
eye opening, exciting, love it
internship, Riverside Community Hospital (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 20, 2014
This internship has changed my life, strengthen my goals and my vision of life and career. extremely professional personal
Non paid internship
Clinical Care Extender Internship (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAMarch 1, 2014
non paid internship but you get to see many cool stuff. no free meal and need to attend 3-day 10 hours training
Pros
experience
Cons
non paid no free lunches

Want to know more about COPE Health Solutions?

Ask a question
Internship
Internship Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAOctober 2, 2013
Great internship to learn if you want to pursue a career in healthcare
Great Place to Volunteer
Clinical Care Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 17, 2014
It was a great experience volunteering for this program. I got to experience different departments of the hospital. The staff were friendly and would take the time to teach you.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Hard to get desired shifts if the department has a lot of volunteers
Well organized and fun place to work!
CLINICAL CARE EXTENDER INTERN - VOLUNTEER PROGRAM (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAMarch 22, 2012
Wonderful Volunteer Program!!! Highly recommend!!! Was a great experience and wonderful opportunity to gain working experience in the medical field!
Pros
very flexible schedule!
Cons
na
Great
Clinical Intern (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 16, 2013
Have received great experience through my internship. I've gone through my first rotation (3 months) and I have been able to work directly with patients and help them within my scope of practice.
Fun and exciting
Medical Intern (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAFebruary 9, 2013
Great for students who want to get into the medical field. The most enjoyable thing about this job is that you get to see how Doctors, Nurses, and Surgeons work.
Pros
great for high school students considering the medical field
Cons
not a paid internship
Great experience for hands on clinical training.
Clinical Care Extender Intern (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesJuly 31, 2013
I am able to help the community.
I have learned to work along medical staff in a acute hospital setting.
Biased management which rewards only favorites, not progress or competency
Department Coordinator (Former Employee) –  GlendaleMarch 16, 2014
To start off, COPE Health solutions is a health consulting company that provides trained interns (Clinical Care Extenders) to hospitals. The intern program is really well done. However, everything else about the company is filled with lack of compassion.

The company provides an opportunity to join "Leadership Team" which is run by a manager. However, the company does no checks and balances if managers are actually doing their work or not. For example, my manager would delegate EVERYTHING to the "Leadership Team" and would barely talk to hospital staff. This manager was so poor she would often ask others what her meetings with hospital directors was about and to prepare her presentations.

Sadly, incompetence was not her only strong point. She also completely disregarded the well-being of interns. She would force leadership team members to work without breaks past 5 hours. Her version of disciplining people was "so I heard people talking that you were not doing your job" when in reality that was her own thoughts. This led to distrust among everyone. Furthermore, if she loved you, you could do absolutely and be an outstanding worker. On the other hand, if she disliked you even a little bit, you could do everything right and you would still be in trouble.

Sadly, this person was promoted while multiple managers whom were around longer, more qualified, and friendly were not. Many of them quit. This person was promoted due to the extreme favoritism that runs throughout the company.

There is nothing to gain by trying to move up in this company unless you are a brown-noser.
  more... Just stick with the Clinical Care Extender and avoid everything else.  less
Pros
Clinical Care Extender Program is a great experience
Cons
Everythng else that COPE Health Solutions provides

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COPE Health Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3