Coppin State University Employee Reviews

Excellent
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 9, 2017
Productive and excellent place to work. I was able to go to school and work. Good staff and professor support. Team spirit and professional climate.
Pros
going to school between classes
A complete mess
Coordinator/Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 28, 2017
Coppin State "University" needs help!!! It is a failing school with lack of leadership at many levels. Nobody wants to work people are just here as a stepping stone to collect a check without doing work. Departments do not work together and there is no sense of culture here. Most professors are adjunct and are not stakeholders in developing our student body. Try to stay clear of this place.
Pros
A few good co-workers
Cons
Everything else
okay
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 2, 2017
office environment was not the best. Too much upper management opositions going on. Sense of constant competiveness between management. Very stressful to work around.
Coordinated and managed the process for providing support services with students with disabilities campus-wide • Assisted students with provisions fo
Disability Support Service (Former Employee) –  2500 W. North Avenue Baltimore, Maryland 21216July 16, 2017
Coppin State University is a great place to work. The university nurtures and groom their students for success. The staff is is professional and passionate. There is room for growth. Working at Coppin State University was a great experience for me.
Pros
Excellent Work Place
Cons
No cons
Fun, Professional and productive environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 11, 2017
A typical day at work is fun, intriguing, energetic and creative. I learned how to work well with other professors, colleagues professionals. The staff are extremely professional and the work place environment is amazing. The most changeling part is the research but I enjoy learning something new.
Pros
Great Professional Staff and Energetic Environment
Cons
Lack of Benefits
Fun and exciting place to work.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 10, 2017
The workplace was fun with minimal supervision. The work environment was stress free and we were allowed to work our own hours. Great laboratory experience.
i had this job from work study
Marketing and Promotions Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 3, 2017
I got a chance to work someplace other than behind a desk and I can say everyone is very friendly easy to get along with great people to get to know and you make enough money to help play from anything pertaining to school,
Productive IT Enviroment
Computer Technician/IT Support (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 23, 2017
The branch was found at Coppin State College now Coppin State University to assist with Information Security & Technology services to provide to the whole campus.
Working for Coppin
Office worker (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 16, 2017
Working for Coppin had it's ups and downs but it is a state job and can become your career. They hold a lot informative retirement and health plan sessions and they really help you become financially responsible.
Disability Support Program Review
Disability Support Counselor (Former Employee) –  2500 West North Avenue, Baltimore Md 21202May 31, 2017
The work environment was very professional and built on integrity and ethics. Each intern and employee strove to serve students with their best as much as possible.
Pros
Very professional in building young leaders, and the retention rate has been gradually increasing each year.
Cons
Needs to fund more departments, alot of money needs to go into the Disability Support Program, to ensure students are receiving effective services.

Want to know more about Coppin State University?

Ask a question
A typicality day at work,
Aquatic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 15, 2017
In at 9 am make sure all personnel who suppose to work their shift is there and in uniform and where they are suppose to be. Look over classes, addressing complaints making sure that all patrons are satisfied and don't any complaints. Check the pump room room to make sure all is well. Teach a in-service class for staff giving patron attention and meeting their needs. Teach in-service CPR making sure all staff preforms CPR in a professional manner. Write all the needs of the pool, make notes, of staff and pool operation so that i can go over what needs to be done to make sure the facility run more efficient. Check to make sure all is well and prepare to leave for the day.
Pros
Overseeing all functions to make sure all personnel can do their job just as well as i can
Cons
some of they younger guards never take the job as serious as it needs to be.
A place to learn from everyone
Retention Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 15, 2017
It is a great place to work. You learn from your fellow co-workers as well as the students that are serviced. The students make it a great place to work.
Feedback
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 12, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Coppin State University. What I loved the most was the diversity and flexibility of services that were provided to Students.
Pros
short work hours
Cons
pay rate
Outstanding place to work
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 23, 2017
I always arrived early except when there was bad weather. On bad weather days I would set up a webinar for my students. I really enjoyed teaching students my classes would always be at least 30 students. This position allowed me to be creative for example I would show movies that were related to the subject, The students were great. The most enjoyable part of the job was graduation day when I would see students that I have taught walking across that stage receiving their Bachelors' Degree or Masters' Degree. Meeting their families and hearing the students say how happy they were that they didn't give up. This was one of the best positions in my career.
Pros
You are family
Productive and rewarding workplace
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 7, 2017
I enjoyed my employment at Coppin State University because I was afforded the opportunity to interact with different cultures. My skills were enhanced due to the various duties and responsibilities performed in each department within the university. The workplace was always busy and pleasant in that I was never assigned to one task within a day but several tasks that I was always allowed reasonable time to complete. The most enjoyable part of my job was being there and encouraging students who had obstacles in their life to press on and to go on to graduate from the university.
It's a job
Dormitory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 2, 2017
Working in the dormitory at Coppin State University was a job that did not allow for flexibility and management was often poor. During my three years working there I noticed that management often chose sides and acted as students would instead of as a supervisor. As contracted employees we got paid less than 'work study' students even though we worked more strenuous hours.
Cons
Strenuous hours
Constant Positivity
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 1, 2017
This was the best job I have ever had. I have learned a lot, and loved going to work everyday. Every day was different, in a good way. From filing, phone, learning different things on the computer, and the free classed that were given. I wish I could pick this place up and take it with me throughout my travels.
Very caring family!
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 4, 2017
I loved this job! it was really more than just a job for me. Being able to help others is what i am all about so this position amplified my request. In this position i was more than just some assistant, i was a nurse, a guardian, rule enforcement, but most importantly, a role model.
Pros
Home away from home
Cons
Time for self
Productive Work Environment
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 21, 2016
Each day at work is different. Everyone is on the same page and very supportive of each other. Working in athletics is hard enough so having supportive co workers is vital.
Pros
Traveling, being a mentor
Cons
health insurance
Fun place to work
Disability Specialist Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 19, 2016
Great place to work. I have good co-workers, and my office is nice. I work in the afternoon, and I help students with disabilities.
Pros
Learning
Cons
N/a