Copps Employee Reviews

Standard
CSR (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 24, 2017
Standard part-time entry level, mix of teenagers and adults with flexible scheduling and hours, okay pay for teenagers, free uniforms, good breaks, they took away any employee benefit/discount
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Pay
What a Mess
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Antigo, WIMarch 3, 2017
If you want a bunch of teenagers getting promoted before you do because they are related or know someone thats above you. This store is one big mess from inventory to management to each department themselves. They literally have a bunch of kids throwing truck loads. I can't believe Kroger allows this store to stay open after buying it. they should be ashamed to have a kroger title with the lack of commitment and broken promises for promotions. what a waist of a good store and all the actual good hard working employees that have left because of it as well. I love kroger and working for there company just not this one!
Pros
kroger the actual company rocks.
Cons
Actually moving up
Great First Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 9, 2017
Most days at Copps as a cashier were fast paced, but never felt rushed. The management was excellent, and very easy going. The co-workers, the same. There wasn't necessarily a hard part about my job, other than learning the food codes. And that was when I first started. Everyday at Copps was the same.
Flexible schedule
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WINovember 30, 2016
I got to learn how to use my customer service skills, management was decent, my co-workers were pleasant and always helpful, there wasn't a hard part to the job and the most enjoyable part of the job would have to be helping the customers
Fun Workplace for High School Students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 28, 2016
This job was easy and the people that work there was fun. The only thing i did not like was the fact that you wasn't paid for the amount of work that you put in. If you have a family, this job really requires you to have 2 jobs. I also did not like the fact that I was lead to believe that I was going to move up and was told that i was and they never did. Eventually i found another job that had benefits and better pay to support my family.
Pros
Friendly workers
Cons
bad pay
Unfair work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIJune 28, 2016
Unfair workplace, had to ask for a break then get chewed out for asking by certain managers was promised FT when hired, but FT is not available for cashiers.
Able to have small talk
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phillips, WIJune 13, 2016
I like working with Copps because of the amount of social interaction I am able to get. I have learned just how much of a tourist town Phillps is, which is by no means a bad thing.
Pros
the amount of people I get to see every day
Cons
short breaks
nice place
deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 6, 2016
very nice people nice work environment fairly easy work management was awesome typical day was cutting up deli meat and cleaning the store worst part was short staffed all the time
stocker
stockman (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIApril 29, 2016
Put product on shelves and help costumer's. Clean store, Loved the job but need better pay. and health care wish I could have stayed there
Pros
great people
Cons
Pay
An O.K. job for starting out but not suggested for long-term
Utility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Monona, WINovember 16, 2015
Copps was a good job for me at the beginning but later I didn't want to work there anymore. A typical day at work consisted of bagging groceries for customers, getting carts from the corrals and putting them into the store lobby, collecting garbage and recyclables, occasionally filling bags into check-out lane counters. Some of the co-workers I got along with fine, but some of them I didn't get along with as much, most importantly a co-worker who treated me unfairly. The hardest part of the job was to stand for long periods of time when bagging groceries. The most enjoyable part was collect garbage and recyclables.
Pros
An annual $20 gift card at Christmas
Cons
Doesn't pay as well
Average Grocery Store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WISeptember 18, 2015
Boring, repetitive work. But some coworkers were fun to talk to. Management was alright, didn't have much interaction with them. I learned how to deal with difficult people.
Fast paced grocery chain
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 27, 2015
Smaller grocery chain that was working to be dominant in the area.

Growing within the company was a challenge constantly.
A place to work if you need money.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Monona, WIAugust 17, 2015
Copps is a place to work if you really need money. But they tend to be strict. I only worked there for 2 weeks and accidently typed in a wrong code for grapes and accidently typed the code for cherries. My manager said if it happens again this isn't going to work. When you have only worked there for 2 weeks and there is so much produce with in a grocery store its hard to learn all the codes in only 2 weeks. And I wasn't working full time either so it wasn't like I was there 40 hours a week.
Pros
Job to get money
Cons
Managment
Constantly moving backwards in the food distribution industry
warehouse supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grocery/perishable/transportationMay 17, 2015
Micro management was the norm here. What was correct yesterday is incorrect today .No matter what you did, it was wrong. Cut, cut cut. Hours,costs, staff, just cut but get the work done without overtime. If you you were a good butt kisser you advanced, if not you ended up on bad shifts and weekends. Best part of the job was paycheck and walking out the door.
Pros
wages
Cons
leadership
great place to work, great people to work with.
salad/salsa bar preperation (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 17, 2015
I moved to Madison from the UK in 2014 and was unable to work when I moved here as I was waiting for my social security number. I was offered the job at Copps even before my social security card was issued and was told I could start as soon as it arrived. I worked at Copps preparing the food for the salad/salsa bar as well as preparing all fresh fruit and vegetable cups & trays for sale in the store. This was my first job in the US. I enjoyed my time at Copps and worked hard. I left when I bought a house on the other side of town. I left on great terms with all staff and managers and the store Area manager told me I could go back anytime I liked and would give me a reference when needed.
Pros
Everyone makes you feel part of the team from the start
Cons
only 25 hours per week
Fun and productive work place.
Customer service representative/ cashier (Former Employee) –  monona wiFebruary 1, 2015
The experience was great. Co-workers and management was very friendly. and the pay was wonderful for someone who was just starting out.
Good for people that need a job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIOctober 2, 2014
A typical day at work would require cutting meats and cheeses, frying chicken and other asked for products. I learned how to deal with difficult customers very well. The manager of my department was incredibly nice and helpful whenever help was needed. Most of my co-workers were very good at their job and did what was expected of them. The hardest part of the job was when I would have to put the products away and help customers at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and co-workers that I got to work with and meet.
Pros
free cake
Cons
expensive benefits
the people were fun to work with
OVERNIGHT STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 28, 2014
i had one of the coolest mgr. on this job. i just was'nt making enough money.
Best place to work out of the whole Roundy's company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIDecember 29, 2013
Friendly environment care about customers management cares about employees
energetic and fun work place
Front end lead (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 19, 2013
all of me and my co workers were pretty close and got along very well because there was only about 9 people working there and everyday working would be a fun but hard working time.