Copps Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace for High School Students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 28, 2016
This job was easy and the people that work there was fun. The only thing i did not like was the fact that you wasn't paid for the amount of work that you put in. If you have a family, this job really requires you to have 2 jobs. I also did not like the fact that I was lead to believe that I was going to move up and was told that i was and they never did. Eventually i found another job that had benefits and better pay to support my family.
Pros
Friendly workers
Cons
bad pay
Able to have small talk
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phillips, WIJune 13, 2016
I like working with Copps because of the amount of social interaction I am able to get. I have learned just how much of a tourist town Phillps is, which is by no means a bad thing.
Pros
the amount of people I get to see every day
Cons
short breaks
nice place
deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 6, 2016
very nice people nice work environment fairly easy work management was awesome typical day was cutting up deli meat and cleaning the store worst part was short staffed all the time
Unfair work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIJune 28, 2016
Unfair workplace, had to ask for a break then get chewed out for asking by certain managers was promised FT when hired, but FT is not available for cashiers.
Good for people that need a job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIOctober 2, 2014
A typical day at work would require cutting meats and cheeses, frying chicken and other asked for products. I learned how to deal with difficult customers very well. The manager of my department was incredibly nice and helpful whenever help was needed. Most of my co-workers were very good at their job and did what was expected of them. The hardest part of the job was when I would have to put the products away and help customers at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and co-workers that I got to work with and meet.
Pros
free cake
Cons
expensive benefits
stocker
stockman (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIApril 29, 2016
Put product on shelves and help costumer's. Clean store, Loved the job but need better pay. and health care wish I could have stayed there
Pros
great people
Cons
Pay
An O.K. job for starting out but not suggested for long-term
Utility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Monona, WINovember 16, 2015
Copps was a good job for me at the beginning but later I didn't want to work there anymore. A typical day at work consisted of bagging groceries for customers, getting carts from the corrals and putting them into the store lobby, collecting garbage and recyclables, occasionally filling bags into check-out lane counters. Some of the co-workers I got along with fine, but some of them I didn't get along with as much, most importantly a co-worker who treated me unfairly. The hardest part of the job was to stand for long periods of time when bagging groceries. The most enjoyable part was collect garbage and recyclables.
Pros
An annual $20 gift card at Christmas
Cons
Doesn't pay as well
A place to work if you need money.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Monona, WIAugust 17, 2015
Copps is a place to work if you really need money. But they tend to be strict. I only worked there for 2 weeks and accidently typed in a wrong code for grapes and accidently typed the code for cherries. My manager said if it happens again this isn't going to work. When you have only worked there for 2 weeks and there is so much produce with in a grocery store its hard to learn all the codes in only 2 weeks. And I wasn't working full time either so it wasn't like I was there 40 hours a week.
Pros
Job to get money
Cons
Managment
Average Grocery Store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WISeptember 18, 2015
Boring, repetitive work. But some coworkers were fun to talk to. Management was alright, didn't have much interaction with them. I learned how to deal with difficult people.
great place to work, great people to work with.
salad/salsa bar preperation (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 17, 2015
I moved to Madison from the UK in 2014 and was unable to work when I moved here as I was waiting for my social security number. I was offered the job at Copps even before my social security card was issued and was told I could start as soon as it arrived. I worked at Copps preparing the food for the salad/salsa bar as well as preparing all fresh fruit and vegetable cups & trays for sale in the store. This was my first job in the US. I enjoyed my time at Copps and worked hard. I left when I bought a house on the other side of town. I left on great terms with all staff and managers and the store Area manager told me I could go back anytime I liked and would give me a reference when needed.
Pros
Everyone makes you feel part of the team from the start
Cons
only 25 hours per week
productive and fun workplace with the chance to please customers and feel great at the same time
deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Hurley, WIApril 22, 2012
I would take orders from customers, ask them how they would like the product sliced if it were cheese or meat, serve hot dishes, change the hot dishes when they are supposed to be changed, check the temp of food, making new friends from my co-workers, and cleaning up at the end of the shift. There was no hard part to the job i loved it and the most enjoyable parts were pleasing the customers and making new friends with the people that i worked with. The management crew was great they always listened and told you how it had to be meaning the rules of the job and always gave you positive feedback.
Pros
pleasing the customers
Cons
there were no cons to this job
Constantly moving backwards in the food distribution industry
warehouse supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grocery/perishable/transportationMay 17, 2015
Micro management was the norm here. What was correct yesterday is incorrect today .No matter what you did, it was wrong. Cut, cut cut. Hours,costs, staff, just cut but get the work done without overtime. If you you were a good butt kisser you advanced, if not you ended up on bad shifts and weekends. Best part of the job was paycheck and walking out the door.
Pros
wages
Cons
leadership
Fast paced grocery chain
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 27, 2015
Smaller grocery chain that was working to be dominant in the area.

Growing within the company was a challenge constantly.
busy work place that'll keep you on your toes
Front End/ Cashier, and CSR Desk (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 10, 2013
The management team on other coworkers are great to work with daily. The people that work here tend to be more like a close family, they are always there for anyone if they have questions or concerns dealing with anything. You can learning something new just about everyday wither its from management and coworkers or even the returning customers.
Fun and productive work place.
Customer service representative/ cashier (Former Employee) –  monona wiFebruary 1, 2015
The experience was great. Co-workers and management was very friendly. and the pay was wonderful for someone who was just starting out.
copps
Frozon dairy ,grocery stocker (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIJuly 24, 2012
I start with unload truck and then puting the all the idms on the slaves the co works was good to work with and the management nicde to work with
Productive work environment with great co-workers
Grocery Stock Crew (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 6, 2012
Would clock in and our jobs would be assigned to us and we would get to work with little to no manager interaction. Employees felt comfortable working and the job was always done.
Pros
well structured work environment
Cons
training would be something that needs work on
Best place to work out of the whole Roundy's company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIDecember 29, 2013
Friendly environment care about customers management cares about employees
a typical day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 15, 2013
standing on feet for hours straight, checking out customer's groceries, and bagging groceries
Pros
long break
Cons
standing on feet for hours
it was ok
Deli Clerk/Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIMarch 13, 2013
My typical day was cashiering. The coworkers were fun too. I also worked in the deli in which I had great customer realtions as well as being ther for the other employees.
Cons
short breaks /hours cut while more hiring continued

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Copps. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8