CORA Health Services Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
great beginner job
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2017
I was a PSR for Cora. No room for advancement in that position. Patient requirements were not feasible for good care or therapists. I do know people that still work there and they statement there has been some improvements, but still no advancements for PSRs.
Pros
Work/Life Balance is good
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Supportive and fun work place
Insurance Poster (Former Employee) –  Lima, OH 45805June 13, 2017
Loved my time at CORA. Great people, great management, supportive network. They were always willing to work with a working mom's schedule. The only reason I left was because my husband accepted a job in
Nice place to work
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 12, 2017
At the present time I'm working Per Diem, but I been with this company since 2007. I learned a lot and the experience that I got is invaluable , at this time I'm not getting any benefits since I don't work full time, but during the years that I worked full time the benefits were vey good
Great Team Enviorment, however Very Poor Management
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMay 8, 2017
Providing the best administrative duties to both patients as well as clinical team. There are really great knowledgeable therapists who care about the care of their patients. Management, however does not value the people who work in their clinics. There do not offer advancement for growth except for therapist. No bonus or incentives except to hire. The work environment among the clinics can be family oriented and great team work.
Pros
one hour lunch, great benefit packages
Cons
poor management
Current employee
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 11, 2017
A good place to work overall with fair compensation. There is not however, a good balance between patient care and desire to bring in higher numbers in terms of patients
good workplace culture in a very busy environment
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 14, 2017
We have recently been purchased by an investment firm and are quickly expanding, currently without the addition of any extra hires. I would say the most difficult challenge at the current time is just keeping up with extra work within the work day time constraints. I enjoy the busy work day, as it makes a very quick day, and with newly purchased clinics, am learning new job duties as well.
Pros
flexibility to work from home as needed
Cons
time for no daily breaks, working through lunch
Not a good place this location
PTA (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 10, 2017
The clinical manager is aggressive and very demanding. He harasses patients who cannot make it to their apt.The quality of patient care is not good depending on their insurance. Huge turn around very stressful place to work...
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours stressful
Productive workplace
PTA student (Former Employee) –  Valrico, FLFebruary 8, 2017
A great place to work with skilled co-workers who are always willing to help. Only thing I didn't like is having 3-4 patients at once, where I felt I wasn't delivering the best care possible.
love it
PT Aide (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Throughout employment I've been consistently impressed by dedication, discipline and ability to be flexible with the needs of the clinic. The best clinic ever. Develop productive and respectful working relationships with his patients and staff. This place is extremely organized, enthusiastic, and professional. I was allowed to work independently, and is able to effectively multi-task to ensure that all duties are completed in a timely manner, which is necessary to run a successful business. Since joining the clinic, efforts have been instrumental in the growth of the business.
Made me feel valued
Marketing (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 21, 2016
As a new employee I feel CORA has offered me lots of support, guidance, and opportunity for growth and advancement. It seems that regardless of your position or role with the company, they value your contributions and work. It's the kind of place I look forward to going to every morning - it's a tight nit community.
Pros
No work on weekends nor late nights
good start up company
Out-Patient Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 5, 2016
check in and out patients
verify insurance benefits
collect copays and co-insurance
floated to other clinics in our district
great district supervisor
Bad experience
PSA FLOAT (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 1, 2016
Working at Cora as a psa float seemed like an interesting experience at first, however, I found it to be very cold and demeaning. Since you're not usually at one location for a long time, you're always an outcast. Some therapists arrogant and some of the psa's take advantage of you throwing their workload on you when you're really there to cover for someone else. Ive been to a few where the psa's, therapists, and managers are very kind and helpful but for the most part, you have a "virtual manager"so if you ever need immediate assistance with a personal matter or any matter someone at the location cannot help you with, good luck in getting your call or email answered.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
cold work environment
Do your research
Staff (Former Employee) –  South FloridaSeptember 30, 2016
CORA has been purchased by a venture capitalist firm. Changes are in the works, and no one's job is safe.
Productivity was astronomical to start, it will only get worse. That translates to average, at best, patient care.
Outpatient facility 3rd clinical rotation.
Physical Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 22, 2016
Very busy clinic worked 9 - 10 hour work days and had to work through most of my lunch break. During this 6 week clinical I treated of 2-3 patients an hour. I electronically documented daily progress notes of my patients treatments. Patients suffered from work related injuries, variety of neurological, and orthopedic conditions. I performed various modalities and manual therapy as needed for pain and symptom management. Patients benefited through therapeutic activities, resistive exercises, and therapeutic ROM exercises enabling them to return to prior level of daily and work related activities.
Productive and staff is very helpful and open, making the workplace enjoyable
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Valrico, FLAugust 1, 2016
Productive and staff is very helpful and open, making the workplace enjoyable. Learned different ways to achieve patient goals. The hardest part was the hours however, the best part was seeing a wide variety of patients and learning different techniques from different employees.
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 27, 2016
Loved my experience here. Great staff. Everyone is very knowledgeable, passionate, dedicated, and reliable. Quality patient care. I gained a lot of valuable experience here
not very professional I never got the proper training
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJuly 5, 2016
When I started this job they were short staffed so I never got the proper training. I was never informed if I was doing something wrong. I have more than five years experience in front desk.
I know that all offices have different ways of working according to them I guess I wasn't fast enough but I will never understand. i didn't get to finish my probation and was let go.
Pros
one hour for lunch and closer to home
Good Benefits and PTO, good salary
PT (Current Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLJune 27, 2016
I have been working for CORA for almost 4 yrs and have enjoyed working under the current management as they do a great job keeping us motivated, and are always willing to help. I see a wide variety of conditions and patients of all ages, so I do not get bored here! The company hires great therapists with personalities to match, and I enjoy working with this group of people.
Pros
Increasing PTO time with longevity with the company
Cons
Unable to access the system remotely to do notes, must be done in clinic.
A nice place to work
PTA (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 17, 2016
Flexible schedule, great vacation options and compensation for CEU's, great support from management. This a stable job with good opportunities for advancement.
A company that treats you like family!
Senior Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 10, 2016
I started directly out of PT school as a new grad and was immediately sold on several factors the CEU/Tuition Assistance program is fantastic and allows me to seek out learning that interests me and the higher up management in the company is really down to earth and easy to work with/talk to which is rare to find in a large company that gives CORA a family/team orientation. I have worked my way up in the company to a clinic manager and now up to a Senior Clinic Manager and that same higher up management saw and valued my passion and leadership potential and has helped me to succeed in my career and become a better therapist.
Pros
Great higher level managment, CORA very user friendly documentation system, Great teamwork/coworkers
Cons
Florida's Insurance world

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CORA Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.