CORA Health Services Employee Reviews

Unrealistic Workload
PT (Former Employee) –  FLJanuary 14, 2018
I worked for CORA in 2015. My workload was very overwhelming. I visited 3 patients in one hour. Sometimes 2. I had to stay late at least for one hour to complete paperwork. That extra time was unpaid. When I had some issues I contacted management, but they didn't help at all.
Pros
It provided good exposure to variety of patients.
Cons
A PT's workload is too hectic, expectation to PT to visit 20-22 patients a day, 2 and 3 patients seen by a PT in one hour, and Management is not interested in solving PT's problems.
Cora Kendall
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 18, 2017
Excellent company to work for depending on location and manager. Cora in Kendall has a great team. I absolutely loved it there but had to leave because of personal reasons.
Overworked
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIDecember 18, 2017
As with most outpatient clinics, it was extremely busy leaving minimal one on one time between therapist and patient. No lunch hour was given. Management was good.
Great team
Physical Therapy Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLDecember 14, 2017
Great place to work.
Therapists are really involved and caring.
Everyone is friendly, I was there for a 9 month internship and I am so glad I was able to learn everything I did
Worst place to work
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 14, 2017
Worst place to work. They don't care about there employee, all they care is NUMBERSSS. Cannot trust anyone. Worst management. Everyone work under pressure.
Pros
like the hours
great beginner job
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2017
I was a PSR for Cora. No room for advancement in that position. Patient requirements were not feasible for good care or therapists. I do know people that still work there and they statement there has been some improvements, but still no advancements for PSRs.
Pros
Work/Life Balance is good
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Supportive and fun work place
Insurance Poster (Former Employee) –  Lima, OH 45805June 13, 2017
Loved my time at CORA. Great people, great management, supportive network. They were always willing to work with a working mom's schedule. The only reason I left was because my husband accepted a job in
Nice place to work
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 12, 2017
At the present time I'm working Per Diem, but I been with this company since 2007. I learned a lot and the experience that I got is invaluable , at this time I'm not getting any benefits since I don't work full time, but during the years that I worked full time the benefits were vey good
Productive environment
Physical Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 22, 2017
CORA was an adult outpatient rehab center. Most of the patients were orthopedic patients. I was able to learn how to work and treat those type of patients in a demanding environment.
Great Team Enviorment, however Very Poor Management
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMay 8, 2017
Providing the best administrative duties to both patients as well as clinical team. There are really great knowledgeable therapists who care about the care of their patients. Management, however does not value the people who work in their clinics. There do not offer advancement for growth except for therapist. No bonus or incentives except to hire. The work environment among the clinics can be family oriented and great team work.
Pros
one hour lunch, great benefit packages
Cons
poor management
Current employee
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 11, 2017
A good place to work overall with fair compensation. There is not however, a good balance between patient care and desire to bring in higher numbers in terms of patients
good workplace culture in a very busy environment
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 14, 2017
We have recently been purchased by an investment firm and are quickly expanding, currently without the addition of any extra hires. I would say the most difficult challenge at the current time is just keeping up with extra work within the work day time constraints. I enjoy the busy work day, as it makes a very quick day, and with newly purchased clinics, am learning new job duties as well.
Pros
flexibility to work from home as needed
Cons
time for no daily breaks, working through lunch
Not a good place this location
PTA (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 10, 2017
The clinical manager is aggressive and very demanding. He harasses patients who cannot make it to their apt.The quality of patient care is not good depending on their insurance. Huge turn around very stressful place to work...
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours stressful
Productive workplace
PTA student (Former Employee) –  Valrico, FLFebruary 8, 2017
A great place to work with skilled co-workers who are always willing to help. Only thing I didn't like is having 3-4 patients at once, where I felt I wasn't delivering the best care possible.
love it
PT Aide (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Throughout employment I've been consistently impressed by dedication, discipline and ability to be flexible with the needs of the clinic. The best clinic ever. Develop productive and respectful working relationships with his patients and staff. This place is extremely organized, enthusiastic, and professional. I was allowed to work independently, and is able to effectively multi-task to ensure that all duties are completed in a timely manner, which is necessary to run a successful business. Since joining the clinic, efforts have been instrumental in the growth of the business.
Made me feel valued
Marketing (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 21, 2016
As a new employee I feel CORA has offered me lots of support, guidance, and opportunity for growth and advancement. It seems that regardless of your position or role with the company, they value your contributions and work. It's the kind of place I look forward to going to every morning - it's a tight nit community.
Pros
No work on weekends nor late nights
good start up company
Out-Patient Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 5, 2016
check in and out patients
verify insurance benefits
collect copays and co-insurance
floated to other clinics in our district
great district supervisor
Bad experience
PSA FLOAT (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 1, 2016
Working at Cora as a psa float seemed like an interesting experience at first, however, I found it to be very cold and demeaning. Since you're not usually at one location for a long time, you're always an outcast. Some therapists arrogant and some of the psa's take advantage of you throwing their workload on you when you're really there to cover for someone else. Ive been to a few where the psa's, therapists, and managers are very kind and helpful but for the most part, you have a "virtual manager"so if you ever need immediate assistance with a personal matter or any matter someone at the location cannot help you with, good luck in getting your call or email answered.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
cold work environment
Do your research
Staff (Former Employee) –  South FloridaSeptember 30, 2016
CORA has been purchased by a venture capitalist firm. Changes are in the works, and no one's job is safe.
Productivity was astronomical to start, it will only get worse. That translates to average, at best, patient care.
Outpatient facility 3rd clinical rotation.
Physical Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 22, 2016
Very busy clinic worked 9 - 10 hour work days and had to work through most of my lunch break. During this 6 week clinical I treated of 2-3 patients an hour. I electronically documented daily progress notes of my patients treatments. Patients suffered from work related injuries, variety of neurological, and orthopedic conditions. I performed various modalities and manual therapy as needed for pain and symptom management. Patients benefited through therapeutic activities, resistive exercises, and therapeutic ROM exercises enabling them to return to prior level of daily and work related activities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CORA Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.