CORAM HEALTHCARE

CORAM HEALTHCARE Employer Reviews

This company has allowed me to grow as an individual
Sr Billing Representative (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: overtime
My work day starts with pulling all my reports for the day including billing, claims and missing information for claims.

I have worked with the same manager for 8 years and he promoted me to a Sr Biller. He's more than helpful with any questions or concerns that arise.

My coworkers are very helpful and team players.

There are no difficult parts of my job.

The most enjoyablel part of my job is leaving daily with a clean desk.
Competitive salaries and benefits, opportunities for advancement, and raises.
Admin. Asst. to Finance VP (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: excellent salaries, wonderful benefits, extra holidays, free parking.
Cons: the culture changed when the company was sold and eventually it closed.
Large medical company that grew rapidly for a while then was bought out by a Japanese company and rapidly went down until they closed.

Until the buyout, management grew the company, overall raises for all employees with extra for those who excelled.

Co-workers as a whole were great to work with. Good morale.

Hardest part was when the company closed and our "work family" disbanded.

We were given bonuses every month when goals were exceeded.
Busy place to work.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Jackson, TNNovember 19, 2014
Typical day at Coram is placing orders all day and helping patient/customer with there medical needs. Co-workers are friendly, and easy to get alone with. The hardest day of my job is telling a patient/customer that we having problems with getting there medical needs meet at this time and the most enjoyable is to help a patient/customer with there medical needs and helping them correct a problem that they are having.
Very busy, but enjoyable
REIMBURSEMENT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CANovember 16, 2014
Very dynamic work environment. Enjoyable people to work with in a very fast paced environment.
Coram was a very comfortable place to work.
Billing Representative (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: birthdays, anniversaries and personal triumphs.
Cons: there was a little bit of favoring that would be overlooked.
My day would begin with task from the night before. Even though there were continuous new task, nothing was too overwhelming. I learned that everyone was willing to help and nit out you down even if they had to explain is a thousand times. The hardest part of the job was having to leave. The most enjoyable part was the management, they really cared and made you feel human.
Nice Place to work.
220 Hour Externship (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 10, 2014
It was a very fun place to work, The supervisors and Co workers were great to work with. i looked forwarded to coming to work everyday.
Lack of communication and teamwork but good benefits.
o Sr. Assistant Customer Service (Current Employee), jackson, tnAugust 2, 2014
A typical day at work for me is not a great one. I do have my days where I'm okay with my job, but most days I don't enjoy it. The management there is lacking. There is a serious lack of communications at this company. Always a change in something, I am use to things changing at work from previous company but the changes that go on in this company makes no sense. The co-workers show no teamwork, I have very few people that I know I can go to that I know with help me. But overall I have learned things through out my time. The different formulas that are out there and how serious it is for these patients to get their orders cause its the only source of food for them. Its a different way of helping people than what I am use to. Learning something new everyday is what I would say is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Excellent place to work
Director of Enteral Operations (Current Employee), Norwood, MAJuly 8, 2014
Challenging fast paced environment. Everyone is a team player. Very rewarding career.
Micro managed mess
Supervisor, Infusion Billing (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 8, 2014
Cons: benefits, micro management, horrible work culture
This has been the most unorganized company I have ever worked for. The billing supervisors, along with having no advanced education, haven't a clue about the billing process. You are micro managed, required to work overtime to the point of exhaustion. There is no work/life balance; management simply does not care if you pass out at work as long as your work is completed and you cannot leave work until it's completed. Billers are overworked and underpaid; and because the company is not technologically advanced, the amount of paper that is used is ridiculous.
good place to work at
Warehouse and delivery driver (Former Employee), Ontario, CaMay 21, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: end up having to work longer hours plus, on call weekends, pay not enough for responsibility. no room for promotion
Great place to work at if interested in learning about in-home infusion
Nice place to work
Hour Medical Billing Externship (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAApril 30, 2014
This was the perfect internship for me. This internship allowed me to get me feet wet in the insurance and medical billing field. I was trained on various medical billing and coding practice and payment verification techniques.
Very Productive
Extern (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAApril 24, 2014
I learned how to pull EOB's, the collections process, billing process and everything in between.
Home Healthcare, medical billing
Medical billing representative (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 17, 2014
Pros: learning a new career
Cons: how much there is to learn
This company provided home infusion services with a specialty pharmacy. It started out as a local home health company and went through a four wage merge to become Coram Healthcare. This was my first medical billing job. Learned an enormous amount beginning with Medicare and eventually contracted coverage. The hardest part of the job was learning how to bill the drug charges and the most enjoyable was working with the other staff.
Very beneficial work place.
Customer Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Littleton, COApril 11, 2014
Pros: laid back, fast paced, good co-workers
Cons: healthcare benefits, commute
At Coram Healthcare I get to work with a variety of patients that require tube feeding supplies for nutrition. Since I have been employed I have been able to gain some experience in the healthcare community and experience the billing and insurance aspect of it all. The hardest part of the job would have to be my commute to work, but I very much enjoy being able to service our patients by getting them their nutrition and supplies in a timely manor so they can better manager their lives.
productive workplace
IVS (Insurance Verification Specialist) (Current Employee), Plainview, NYFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: healthcare benefits
This job does not compensate their employees for the hard work they put in. The company itself provides wonderful services to the patients. I enjoy doing my job because each verification I do means a patient gets to go home from the hospital.
Coram
Receptionist/Collector (Former Employee), Centennial, CoFebruary 12, 2014
A typical date working at Coram Healthcare is moderate and your able to work at your own pace through out the day. You will learn everything about the position that you are assigned to in the three different departments. Sometimes management such as supervisor tend to abuse their authority and have attitudes with their team members. Some coworkers are fine but others tend to start drama with others to get some type of entertainment.
Customer Quality Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, InDecember 26, 2013
Pros: the envioronment is laid back and we can work all the overtime we would like
A typical day at Coram Healthcare is very busy and detailed along with multi tasking. I have learned about Medicaid in several different states along with different commercial insurance and medicare. I work in a safe environment, along with a team of good coworkers, which is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Very Friendly Workers.
Medical Billing and Coding (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 10, 2013
I enjoyed this company so much. I only did my externship there but would of and still would love to work with them.
Horrible Place! Not a great company!
Customer Service (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CADecember 6, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
This is probably one of the worse company I have ever worked for. I was only there for 3 months and it's the worse 3 months of my life that I will never get back. They slaves their employees to death! all they care about is how many referrals they get per day than their employees health.. And the pay isn't really worth the stress. The supervisors, management and lead for the teams could careless about concerns on the job. The people are ghetto and no respect for their teammates. It's horrible! There's no incentives or room for growth at all. My training was a joke! You can't grow working at this company, what they described is totally false. You're better off finding another place to work for.
Great xperience
medical billing extern (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CANovember 25, 2013
It was a great learning experience. I learned medical billing with different medical insurance companies.

1 2 3 4