Coram Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

It was a good place to work
cash poster,biller, and collecrtions (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 31, 2016
A typical day is being very busy with processing batches in order for us to get the biking done and processed. There was always something to learn whether it was new programs, a new way to process claims ec. Management was easy to work for and the coworkers were great. I don't feel there was anything hard about the job. Sometimes there were many challenges. Always learning something new.
Pros
flex time
Cons
Lunch hours
great job
Warehouse tech (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 23, 2016
coram is a great place to learn new things and to start a career. they take very good care of the employees and the patients. it can get very high paced and get out of control at times. if you are passionate about helping others this is the job for you. management is great as well.
Pros
great pay/ air conditioned clean warehouse/ light packages
Cons
it can take away from your home life at times if your on call which isnt that often
closing
Billing Collections Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 12, 2016
very stressful, no work life balance. Little to no front end support; unreasonable expectations and goals
Nice staff
Collector (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 28, 2016
Outbound calls insurance carriers to follow up on status of payment. Incoming calls from insurance carriers and patients. Billing of claims to insurance carriers. Mailing letters to patients for balanced owed.
Home infusion company
Regional Controller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2016
Pleasant work environment. Learned a lot as company grew thru acquisitions. Company provided home infusion services.
advance career
Senior Collector (Former Employee) –  Earth CityMarch 23, 2016
Wonderful company, I needed to move on to elevate my experiences and try my abilities with another company. i enjoyed my experience with Coram. I was able to learn alot working for Coram.
Former Insurance Verification Specialist
Insurance Verification Specialist - Authorizations (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 9, 2016
I used to work at the financial center is Rancho Cordova. This is a great company to work for when you're just finishing medical billing program. You gain a lot of experience and can take the experience you gain to another company. Definitely room for advancement for employees. I've seen so many people promoted within months because of hard work and dedication. The pay is ok and the benefits are too expensive. Management is professional and not a stressful environment.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Horrible Benefits
Suspended Billing follow up Rep
Suspended Billing Auth Follow-up Rep (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMarch 7, 2016
Cashier for four years at Goodwill. Put clothes up from dressing rooms, made sure clothes were hung and put out correctly for customer satisfaction, and helped train new employers.

Two weeks of training at Coram Healthcare. made calls to patients with in home care and also to insurance companies for approved or denied insurance.
They are closing all sites......
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  CentennailFebruary 19, 2016
For starters they are closing down all their sites to consolidate to AZ. We just had a career fair to bring new people in only to find out they are shutting everything down. So for those people that we just hired they are losing their job now. That right there is a perfect example of how this place works. The fat cats at the top step all over the people doing the work and you will never feel valued, appreciated or anything else that makes you want to come to work. Senior leadership is the worst and they have no idea what they are doing. Literally, a trained monkey on a type writer would make more sense then the people that are "leading" this place. They make goals that no one can ever accomplish. In the rare case you actually meet your goal you don't receive credit. They say they are a pay for performance company and that's laughable at best. Raises if any are below industry average and everyone is disposable to them except the senior leaders that some how still have a job. Now that they are closing down their billing sites you'd think it was because senior leadership was such a joke they would want to wipe the slate clean. No instead Senior leadership gets to keep their jobs and the people that actually do the work are let go. So in the end the short coming of an actual leadership team cost good people their job. Senior leaders don't care about anyone or have a vested interest in "healthcare" just making cash. Hand down the worst job I've ever had, co workers and all.
Pros
My schedule was nice, off at 4 everyday, work weekends were limited and benefits are decent.
Flexable Hours but no room for advancement
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 10, 2016
A typical work day consisted of opening my workload and trying to bill 15 different contracted and non-contracted insurances.
I learned how to problem solve, and change processes on the fly.
The management were fun a nice people.
My co-workers kept to themselves mostly.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with upper management. They didn't know or understand the processes for billing. Explaining my job was difficult.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the flexible hours. we could come in anywhere from 6am to 9am and work 8.5 hours. We chose our hours and having a child in elementary school, this was a great plus to my job.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No room for advancement

Want to know more about Coram Healthcare?

Ask a question
Great Place
Extern (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 9, 2016
I only externed here for a short amount of time, but it had a great learning environment. The hours were great, especially with a lot of people being parents. The co-workers were extremely helpful and always were able to lend a hand at any moment.
Busy environment
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 18, 2016
Everyday was different. It may be incredibly busy or slow. We always have meeting of each team to discuss the needs of the referral. I learned to work with others and go with the flow of work.
Pros
Eight to five job usually
Cons
On call
Productive place to work, with good learning experience
SENIOR PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 2, 2016
Typical steady work day. Pharmacist instruction was good leaning experience. Changed management more than usual but co- workers worked as a team. The hardest time is at the end of the day. Overall nice working environment.
Pros
Good job to start in infusion
Cons
Being sold in the past to much
Inefficient struggling company. Wonder how it manages to stay in business
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 18, 2015
A typical day at work consists of reporting and answering questions from branch management who lack basic Excel skills. IT and database problems happen almost everyday. Some team member needed to call service desk every day to reset password. Databases often fail to update properly which delays reporting. This is the primary reason why I rate this company 1/5. You can't have so many technical issues when you operate in a competitive industry.

Management is incompetent fostering bad company culture. Many managers do not know how deliver speech clearly and concisely. Coram VP literally said "Umm yeah you know umm..." in one of his webinar speeches. I think if the managers talk like that they should not run the company. Management is powerless at solving problems once and for all.

There are a lot to learn on the job and it provides great educational experience; however, it can be painful sometimes as the management tries to control employees. You only can ask CERTAIN people questions. They call it "caring for reputation".

Co-workers are good but often tend to get confused or can't answer seemingly basic questions about the business. Cannot provide alternative explanations.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with weekly IT issues that also tend to be recurring. Unfortunately this company thinks it's alright not to invest in reliable technology and processes.

Most enjoyable part of the job can be talking to great people who ended up working for such an idiotic organization.

Stay away from this company if you are one of those people who comes in and gets
  more... the job done. This company is an outstanding example of inefficiency.  less
Pros
Good pay; great coworkers; good learning opportunity
Cons
Many IT issues, outdated software, incompetent management, very difficult to get the job done when needed
it was nice working there
Temp (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 5, 2015
Nice place to work, I was there as a contractor and learned new skills at Coram. Manager was very friendly and helpful. Manager made rounds every morning and ask everyone if anyone needs anything or have questions for her?.
Senior Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville NCOctober 1, 2015
I enjoyed working at Coram. They have good benefits. Employees are really knowledgeable. I have learned a lot of billing in a healthcare setting.
Stable place to work
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILSeptember 21, 2015
Daily duties were to retrieve payments from lockbox and apply to patient accounts; distribute eob's to appropriate team members; prepare account write-offs; enter account adjustments as per contractual agreements

Management was very supportive
My Experience
Pharmacy Technician/Clinical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 4, 2015
This company was the first place out of pharmacy school that allowed me to apply my skills that I learned into the real world. It was fun while it lasted. It then got to a point where we were micromanaged, over worked and underpaid.
Pros
hired without any experience
Cons
long hours, lack of compensation, lack of resources available
Very productive, fun work place
College Extern/ Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GaAugust 14, 2015
I enjoyed every min of my externship with Coram. The employees make you feel safe and are very uplifting. The hardest part Coram Health Care was leaving knowing that there is more work to be done. Being there knowing that you are saving life's everyday.
Fast paced
Accounting / Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  St Louis MOJuly 17, 2015
The position was respectful and challenging. My duties was to communicate with customer regarding their payments.
I communicate with Business bureau to make sure customers creditor will not go on bad terms.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coram Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9