CORAM SPECIALTY INFUSION Employee Reviews

Productive workplace, rewarding feeling to help patients with treatment
CSS (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2016
CORAM is a great company to work for. Coram is a diverse workplace and fast paced. There is this rewarding feeling you get when you help patients with treatment no matter what position one is in. From the receptionist to the Branch Manager, most of the time everyone participates in daily duties to make sure the patients get the exceptional service they deserve. The worst part of the job is Management. Sometimes they spend all day in meetings while the employees bend over backwards to make sure the patients get the service they deserve. In fact, the company may run a bit more smoothly if management actually included themselves with everyday assignments instead of spending so much time in management meetings. When Management is out on the floor they do not provide a helping hand, instead they micro manage.
Pros
Benefits package, team environment
Cons
No work/life balance, micro management, discretion not used between management and employees
Very demanding office without much management support.
pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 1, 2015
Very busy, medium size branch. Management in disarray with problems filling pharmacy, nursing and branch manager positions. As such, staff did not have local support for work flow. Patient care seemed to be driven more by sales team than which patients were appropriate candidates for home care upon discharge from the hospital. Information about patients came in a disjointed fashion and support staff was so over worked that questions about patient discharge were still being answered after patient had left the hospital-very unsafe.
Support staff paid very little for amount of skill and knowledge they needed to possess and so the turnover was very high and no one ever got the hang of their jobs due to overwork.
The hardest part of the job was trying to get patient discharges safely organized at the end of the busy day or at the end of a busy week.
The best part of the job was talking to the patients and trying to help them with their medication questions.
Overall the staff was very nice to work with but very overworked.
Cons
Expensive benefits, no breaks, too busy without help
Stressful work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 1, 2016
I had only been with the company for a couple of weeks before they started training me on how to do my bosses job when he was away on vacation. The training was very intense and I felt way underpaid for the work that they were expecting from me. New job responsibilities were added to my work load weekly.
Pros
Coworkers very friendly
Cons
No overtime given no matter the circumstances.
Good camaraderie
Pharmacy Technician, Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 17, 2016
Working for Coram Specialty Infusion was a rewarding and a positive learning experience. I found the staff and management were always ready to chip in and help. When a job needed to get done everyone worked together as a team regardless of your position.

The hardest part of my job was learning the drug compounds. But the most enjoyable was the team work.
Pros
Weekly catered lunches
Cons
limited amout of overtime
Great teamwork with supportive management
Primary Nurse Case manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 17, 2016
My typical day at Coram involved seeing patients in there homes for IV infusions and/or central line dressing changes and blood draws. I would also see patients in the hospital waiting to be discharged home. I would instruct these patients and their families on how to properly care for their central lines and administer IV medications. I learned a lot about caring for families as a whole in their own home setting. Management was very supportive and tried to support their staff as much as possible. My co-workers were great and we taught each other problem-solving skills we had learned over the years. The hardest part of my job was long nights of on-call duties. The most enjoyable part of my job was spending one-on-one time with my patients in their homes.
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
late evenings, weekends
Promising fast paced work place
Lead Clinical Admission Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 18, 2015
Entered patient demographics, verified insurance benefits/diagnosis. I made social worker/patient contact to coordinate delivery and discuss the patient's out of pocket responsibility, if applicable. Created chart and scanned info into our billing system.

I learned the benefit of home health treatment including but not limited to home infusion services.

I worked in a small branch which was family like.

The hardest part of my job was completing an admission without pertinent qualifying diagnosis information.

The most enjoyable part of my job was obtaining all the needed info to ensure the patient discharge from the hospital to complete treatment in their home.
It was a good job that offered good benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 1, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of a lot of phone calls and being yelled at by some clients. I learned how to manage to different accounts. Management was not always the best. Some to majority of my co-workers were pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job was learning the system. The most enjoyable was being able to help other with their medical needs.
Driven with high focus on piecemeal productivity
Representative, Infusion Collector (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 26, 2016
The work is good however the morale of the office is low and feels like being micromanaged. The supervisors and managers will work with you when they can but the upper management is rigid and inflexible.
Pros
Flex start time between 6:30 and 9:00 am
Cons
30 minute lunch, poor morale
Learned alot
Clinical Support Specialist/ Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 1, 2015
I learned so much working here. However the turn over is very high. This made it difficult to work there. This job doesn't have many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Bad morale due to high turnover
Place to start your career
Sr. Assistant Customer Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Typical day at work is reaching out quota of 20 patients or more. Critiquing patient's demographics, MD, doctor's orders, diagnosis, insurance verifications. Assisting coworkers, and supervisors with various issues that may occur.
Pros
Training coworkers
Cons
health benefits, short breaks
Fast paced, fun, productive work place
Clinical Support Specialist (Admissions Rep) (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 16, 2012
Verifying/reverifying insurance
Run reports & work accordingly
Discuss info as needed with patient's, case managers, Doctors
Relay info to all personnel in reference to patient's order
Longivity when trying to validate credentialing info, and insurance info
Helping patients understand there benefits and orders thoroughly
Great learning experience.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 14, 2015
As an IV tech at Coram you need to be ready to work nonstop from the time you arrive until every single order is mixed and ready to ship. When you arrive, quickly garb in and don't leave the clean room until your 1 break which is 30 minutes long. I learned how to exercise my time management skills and to work efficiently under pressure.

You become very close with coworkers because you spend more time there than you do with your own family. Everyone works together to try to finish everything so you're not working 13 hour shifts every day.

The hardest part of my job was never being able to see and spend time with my family.

The most enjoyable part was all the overtime I was paid.
Busy office servicing many patients.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, New MexicoApril 2, 2013
The highlight to working at Coram was working with the nursing staff. They are all compassionate caring individuals that work hard every day to make sure the patients receive wonderful care.
Pros
nursing staff
Cons
management lacks control in the environment.
Awesome work environment with caring people
General File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TxAugust 22, 2013
Responsible for organizing and maintaining medical records for both active and inactive patients, on a daily basis.

I provide all necessary documentation for all Medicare and Medicaid audits as well as any other entity requesting medical documentation for the purpose of auditing or pending suites when requested.

In addition to my regular duties I have been crossed trained in forms procurement, front desk reception duties, and certain procedures in the warehouse and almost on a weekly basis I am asked to step out of my normal duties to lend a helping hand to other departments when the work load gets backed up.

I have a wonderful boss who assigns to me different tasks outside the scope of my regular duties and she trust me completely to complete said tasks with an attention to great detail and more times than not before the deadline she has set for me.

My work environment is relaxing and quite jovial at times I work with a great group of people.
Pros
professional work environment, wonderful co-workers, awesome management team
Cons
limited wage earning
Extremely busy work environment. Many patients serviced
Working for Community Dental the days are fast paced. Lots of work to be done but consistent type of work. Once a rhythm is found the work load is manageable. There was moderate room for advancement. Pay does not balance to work load.
Pros
fair teamwork
Cons
pay does not compensate fairly for work.
passionate about patient satisfaction
VP Sales Southern California, Vegas (Current Employee) –  Orange County/Los AngelesMarch 19, 2015
A typical day at work is full of management conference calls, team calls and Web ex training on ever changing systems. Co workers are very knowledgeable and helpful when needed. The hardest part of the job is the lack of payer contracts and having to deny patient care do to authorizations not going through.
relaxed work place
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNJuly 8, 2014
management had unrealistic view of the sales process. Co-workers were not team oriented. They prefer to take credit for things they did not do. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with co-workers who were self centered. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers to secure infusion services for patients.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Management and co-workers
amazing job i was very sad to leave.
pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2012
staff at Coram was very family oriented. And showed high concern for each patient. each and every day was an enjoyable day due to each and every employees great personalities, making a wonderful environment. Management was going through transition phase and had alot to work on. I was able to extend my knowledge on strict sterile procedures.
Pros
amazing staff
Cons
understaffed
This job was very great place to start out if your new to medical billing.
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 10, 2014
There was always lots of work to be done and you gain gain lots of knowledge on state Medicaid programs. The only thing is ther's not much room for growth if you'd like to become management becasue the job is so small.
Great pay, poor company
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 25, 2014
My day typically consisted of:
Email, work, yelling, stress, religion.
This is not a place I could recommend anyone to work really. The management was absolutely terrible, micromanaging and condescending (also extremely abrasive about religious choices that did not fit their standard).
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CORAM SPECIALTY INFUSION. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9