CORAM SPECIALTY INFUSION Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Clinical Service Liaison (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 9, 2017
This is by far the worst company I’ve ever worked for. To be considered in the healthcare industry this company has a complete lack of interest for the patients they serve. Their primary focus is the bottom dollar and helpful their pockets are at the end of the day.
Infusion
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 20, 2017
Responsible for increasing revenue and sales of infusion services through relationships with hospital management and physicians. IV Medical services directly to hospital management, Long Term Care Facilities and physician offices. Management of Hospital Liaisons.
The Richmond branch is great!
Pharmacy Technician/ Clinical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 15, 2017
The Richmond Virginia branch of Coram is small but productive. We all work well together and take very good care of our patients and each other. With that being said, we have been set up as a "hub and spoke model" with another branch being our hub and this situation has really caused some issues. There is a negative element to that model which is bringing down morale as well as our customer satisfaction numbers.
Pros
Great team with excellent Pharmacists leading it.
Cons
small office, lack of positive communication from "Hub"
Busy work environment
INSURANCE VERIFICATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 21, 2017
Very busy with patient care all the time. I learned a lot regarding insurance, authorization, codes for billing and services. Management was ok but not always fair. I always got along with everyone. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part was learning all I learned.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Poor management
work enviroment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYJuly 13, 2017
The Company provides get service to their patients and cares about them all. But is under staffed at times leaving others to work longer hours without compensation staff is expected to Flex their time so they don't get overtime for the extra hours worked. The job itself is fun and challenging however there is no room for advancement.
Pros
easy going managment
Cons
very high insurance deductibles
Understaffed after CVS purchased, no leadership
Senior assistant clinical support, infusion (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 1, 2017
No on site pharmacy manager. Negative and cut throat to the point of employees shredding or hiding other employees work. Petty and vindictive catfights often take precedence over work.
Pros
Cons
Extremely negative work environment
Coram is a good comapny to work for.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2017
Being a CSS at Coram is a fast pace multi tasking position. The most enjoyable part is helping our patients feel better. Typical day is dispensing medication and calling patients regarding their medication deliveries and checking on how they are feeling.
Very rewarding company to work for
PRIMARY NURSE CASE MANAGER (Infusion nurse) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2017
Working with Coram and the clientele in which we serviced was one of the most rewarding job experiences I've ever had. The patients are eager to learn and my coworkers were more like family.
Pros
flexible schedule, great pay
fun place to work
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILFebruary 28, 2017
I was working on a blue cross and blue shield of Ohio need to verify insurance durable medical equipment benefits and hold time was more than 1:30 minute on a phone and I have a goal to complete 15 insurance verification per day and this call took more than one hour thirty mints in a eight hours shift after a long hold with the insurance I was able to verify benefits the hardest part is holding time the most enjoyable part of my job is working 2 cases at a time so I can complete more task while on hold and I really enjoy working as a insurance verification .
N/a
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Totowa, NJJanuary 21, 2017
I been at this jobs for a little over 6 years. Colleagues are great. IT is a fast paced type of job but we are all team players and we get the job done.

Want to know more about CORAM SPECIALTY INFUSION?

Ask a question
Senoir Customer Service Specialist
Senior Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 14, 2017
I assisted 52 branches of Coram throughout the US. I worked with Alpha One patient files. We began and finished the process for approval for a life long therapy.
Pros
great envirement
Cons
not enough assistance
Chaotic
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 10, 2017
Very chaotic place to work, with not a lot of work/life balance. They will always expect you to choose work no matter the situation.
Infusion Nurse Raleigh, NC
RN, Primary Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 2, 2017
I initially liked working here, however I found the out going and in coming managers were absolutely difficult to work with not to mention the one staff nurse they had is simply crazy. I was hired to work PRN or part time and the company tries to work you as you're full time. Apply only if you want short term work and do not plan to stay long.
Pros
pay if they paid over time
Cons
Productive and caring place to work.
Clinical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 31, 2016
working here is great, they care about the patient's well being and health. Which other companies only care about the money. The benefits are good, 401k with a great match also able to purchase company stock.
Pros
breaks and long lunches, 401 k plans, benefits
Cons
no team work, lack of communication
Less is Not More
Clinicl Service Liaison (Former Employee) –  TennesseeDecember 12, 2016
Operational challenged organization that strives to cut costs at every corner. Poor training program and negative work environment
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Difficult operations management
Stressful work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 1, 2016
I had only been with the company for a couple of weeks before they started training me on how to do my bosses job when he was away on vacation. The training was very intense and I felt way underpaid for the work that they were expecting from me. New job responsibilities were added to my work load weekly.
Pros
Coworkers very friendly
Cons
No overtime given no matter the circumstances.
Good camaraderie
Pharmacy Technician, Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 17, 2016
Working for Coram Specialty Infusion was a rewarding and a positive learning experience. I found the staff and management were always ready to chip in and help. When a job needed to get done everyone worked together as a team regardless of your position.

The hardest part of my job was learning the drug compounds. But the most enjoyable was the team work.
Pros
Weekly catered lunches
Cons
limited amout of overtime
customer care senior rep
Senior Customer Service/Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 19, 2016
I deal with patients every day. On an average from 10-20 patients have meds that are refilled and I have to make sure that the meds are on time, are agreeing with them and they have all the supplies needed to be infused. I enter the meds, and the pharmacist checks them to make sure its correct. I talk to patients by phone and pull all charts and then file them when I'm done. My work day starts at 9 and goes till 530.
It was a good job that offered good benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 1, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of a lot of phone calls and being yelled at by some clients. I learned how to manage to different accounts. Management was not always the best. Some to majority of my co-workers were pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job was learning the system. The most enjoyable was being able to help other with their medical needs.
Productive workplace, rewarding feeling to help patients with treatment
CSS (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2016
CORAM is a great company to work for. Coram is a diverse workplace and fast paced. There is this rewarding feeling you get when you help patients with treatment no matter what position one is in. From the receptionist to the Branch Manager, most of the time everyone participates in daily duties to make sure the patients get the exceptional service they deserve. The worst part of the job is Management. Sometimes they spend all day in meetings while the employees bend over backwards to make sure the patients get the service they deserve. In fact, the company may run a bit more smoothly if management actually included themselves with everyday assignments instead of spending so much time in management meetings. When Management is out on the floor they do not provide a helping hand, instead they micro manage.
Pros
Benefits package, team environment
Cons
No work/life balance, micro management, discretion not used between management and employees