CORAM SPECIALTY INFUSION Employee Reviews

Great learning experience.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 14, 2015
As an IV tech at Coram you need to be ready to work nonstop from the time you arrive until every single order is mixed and ready to ship. When you arrive, quickly garb in and don't leave the clean room until your 1 break which is 30 minutes long. I learned how to exercise my time management skills and to work efficiently under pressure.

You become very close with coworkers because you spend more time there than you do with your own family. Everyone works together to try to finish everything so you're not working 13 hour shifts every day.

The hardest part of my job was never being able to see and spend time with my family.

The most enjoyable part was all the overtime I was paid.
Fun Working Experience
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Centennial, COApril 6, 2015
Typical day at Coram was busy and exciting made the days go by so quickly. Coworkers were very friendly. Accounting Manager was awesome person to work for.

Best of all it was so close to home so i was not stuck in traffic
passionate about patient satisfaction
VP Sales Southern California, Vegas (Current Employee), Orange County/Los AngelesMarch 19, 2015
A typical day at work is full of management conference calls, team calls and Web ex training on ever changing systems. Co workers are very knowledgeable and helpful when needed. The hardest part of the job is the lack of payer contracts and having to deny patient care do to authorizations not going through.
More with Less
Cleanroom Technician (Current Employee), Albany, NYMarch 17, 2015
I find Coram to be a frustrating workplace, especially since CVS took over. As was typical of CVS retail, they expect you to produce more and more with less and less. We are constantly fighting against ridiculous supply restrictions which force certain processes to take more time. With hours regularly being cut back, time is not something we have a lot of.
Learned alot
Clinical Support Specialist/ Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 1, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: bad morale due to high turnover
I learned so much working here. However the turn over is very high. This made it difficult to work there. This job doesn't have many opportunities for advancement.
EXTERN
Billing Dept. (Externship) (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 16, 2015
THEY DIDNT REALLY HELP WITH ANYTHING THEY DIDNT REALLY HELP WITH ANYTHING THEY DIDNT REALLY HELP WITH ANY THING THEY DIDNT HELP WITH ANYTHING THEY DID NOT HELP WITH ANYTHING.
Place to start your career
Sr. Assistant Customer Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: training coworkers
Cons: health benefits, short breaks
Typical day at work is reaching out quota of 20 patients or more. Critiquing patient's demographics, MD, doctor's orders, diagnosis, insurance verifications. Assisting coworkers, and supervisors with various issues that may occur.
Great pay, poor company
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
My day typically consisted of:
Email, work, yelling, stress, religion.
This is not a place I could recommend anyone to work really. The management was absolutely terrible, micromanaging and condescending (also extremely abrasive about religious choices that did not fit their standard).
It was okay...
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches often
Cons: work was very unpredictable and stressful at times. people could be nicer. no career advancement.
It is what it is. A job. Just keep your head down and work. Stay out of the office drama and you will be fine.
relaxed work place
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), Mendota Heights, MNJuly 8, 2014
Pros: independence
Cons: management and co-workers
management had unrealistic view of the sales process. Co-workers were not team oriented. They prefer to take credit for things they did not do. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with co-workers who were self centered. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers to secure infusion services for patients.
This job was very great place to start out if your new to medical billing.
Billing Representative (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJune 10, 2014
There was always lots of work to be done and you gain gain lots of knowledge on state Medicaid programs. The only thing is ther's not much room for growth if you'd like to become management becasue the job is so small.
Suspended Billing Rep
Suspended Billing Representative (Current Employee), Jackson, TNJune 4, 2014
Preparation of documentation for billing of medicare. Customer service,
Fun and exciting opportunity for salesperson
Clinical Service Liaison (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 4, 2014
Pros: one on one patient care, work/life balance, opportunity for growth
Cons: limited time with patients, heavy focus on sales, if you love to care for patients bedside...this may not be a good position
Every work day is different. Each morning I set out with an agenda and often have to be very creative and flexible to complete my goals. Half of my day or more is spent marketing to hospitals and home health agencies. When a hospital has a referral, I do a bedside teach with the patient on either IV infusion or enteral feedings, coordinate the home health needs, follow up with case manager and follow up with the patient once they are discharged.
I learned about sales and marketing to hospitals and other ancillary health providers. Learning to provide individualized case management based on the patients needs and insurance was fun and interesting. I really enjoyed getting to know the patients and resources in the community.
Management at Coram/CVS is supportive and constantly seeking new opportunities to educate its staff. My coworkers are a mix of pharmacy personnel, sales and marketing teams and fellow RN's. The staff are truly a team. One person's success is shared by everyone in the region with excitement.
The hardest part of the job is marketing. Sales is not my forte, but most of the nurses really enjoy the opportunity to pair nursing with marketing.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility for work/life balance. Having spent 9 years in the operating room, I found the schedule at Coram to be very flexible most of the time. The next most enjoyable part of my job is the opportunity to work one on one with each patient, developing their confidence in caring for themselves.
coram
Clinical Services Liaison (Current Employee), Norwood, MAFebruary 3, 2014
Excellent company to work for. Great values. Always willing to go above and beyond for the patients
amazing place to work
Sales Nutrition Specialist/Registered Dietitian (Current Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 23, 2013
Pros: wonderful work environment
Cons: goals increase frequently
self motivated job, commission plan based on exceeding goals
Awesome work environment with caring people
General File Clerk (Current Employee), Houston, TxAugust 22, 2013
Pros: professional work environment, wonderful co-workers, awesome management team
Cons: limited wage earning
Responsible for organizing and maintaining medical records for both active and inactive patients, on a daily basis.

I provide all necessary documentation for all Medicare and Medicaid audits as well as any other entity requesting medical documentation for the purpose of auditing or pending suites when requested.

In addition to my regular duties I have been crossed trained in forms procurement, front desk reception duties, and certain procedures in the warehouse and almost on a weekly basis I am asked to step out of my normal duties to lend a helping hand to other departments when the work load gets backed up.

I have a wonderful boss who assigns to me different tasks outside the scope of my regular duties and she trust me completely to complete said tasks with an attention to great detail and more times than not before the deadline she has set for me.

My work environment is relaxing and quite jovial at times I work with a great group of people.
Stressful environment
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 23, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: long commute
workplace has potential to be a great environment. Co-workers were great
Extremely busy work environment. Many patients serviced
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Albuquerque, New MexicoApril 2, 2013
Pros: fair teamwork
Cons: pay does not compensate fairly for work.
Working for Community Dental the days are fast paced. Lots of work to be done but consistent type of work. Once a rhythm is found the work load is manageable. There was moderate room for advancement. Pay does not balance to work load.
Busy office servicing many patients.
Pros: nursing staff
Cons: management lacks control in the environment.
The highlight to working at Coram was working with the nursing staff. They are all compassionate caring individuals that work hard every day to make sure the patients receive wonderful care.
Always being aware and doing things right
Pharmacy Technician (Externship 240) (Former Employee), Henderson, NVDecember 4, 2012
Pros: love working with iv's
Cons: redoing a formula for an iv bag
My most enjoyable part of the job as an intern student was being able to provide and pull medications for an IV mixture, and being able to be tested in the IV room in working on my own under supervision in preparing my broth test of on IV and passing the test.