Coram Employee Reviews in United States

very fast pace but very fun place to work very productive days helping patients
warehouse/pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 14, 2016
Its A self start workplace very fast pace close with employee family small branch sending out 20 to 40 patients per day. We have lots of cardiac and antibiotic patients sending out medication and supplies via UPS or courier.
Pros
days go fast pay is ok lots of overtime and on call pay
Cons
not home to see family
Productive and Challenging
Senior Escalations Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 7, 2016
I enjoyed my time with Coram Very much. It was a very fast paced environment. I spoke with Customers/Patients from all over the U.S.. I took upwards of 80 to 90 calls a day from Patients needing Gtube supplies and took Escalation calls when equipment was failing the Patient. I taught myself how to work the Pumps used, via YouTube, and Googled information about the pumps and how to troubleshoot. This was the reason I was promoted to a Senior Escalation Customer Service Representative. The Group that I worked in and the Supervisor that I worked for were really great. I enjoyed the fast pace and helping the Patients anyway that I could.
Unfortunately, due to a business decision made by Cooperate, the Call Center that I worked at was closed. Leaving about 240 employee's out of a job. I was offered another position with the company, but would have had to relocate to Littleton, CO. or Jackson, TN.
I stayed home for a year due to some medical issues and surgery that I had to have. I am now up and running and ready to get back into the swings of things in another fast pace working environment.
Pros
Fast paced, up beat, wonderful staff.
Cons
Call Center Closed
Great Employer
Branch Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 15, 2016
I've worked for Coram Healthcare since 2007. If it weren't for CVS Health closing our Billing Center, I'd love to retire here.
Pros
Coram has great management teams, and no down time in my workload.
Friendly Work Environment
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 24, 2016
Started with the company and the training was a bit odd, like nothing I have ever experienced before. Long story short, overall the way things were going, I did not see longevity in the company and a few months after I started an announcement was made that the company was closing 4 sites (in multiple states).
Pros
Flex Time, Nice Management
Cons
Training is not so good, a lot of employees/managers don't know what is going on, incoming work that needs to be processed not correct
Knowlegable company
Medical Biller-Full Time (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 18, 2016
Process at least 100 claims a day, identify problems and correct claims, learned drug strengths and conversions, co-worker are helpful and fun. Hardest part of job is system issues. Enjoy medical billing and problem solving.
Pros
Cons
Job Relocating
hard work
Insurance verification specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 28, 2015
Coram doesn't care about their employees. Too much micro managing. Have to ask to go on lunch and breaks like a call center.
Pros
Cons
have to ask to go on break and lunches like a call center
Very inefficient with lots of IT problems
Consultant (Current Employee) –  DenverDecember 3, 2015
IT problems that disrupt and delay work do not occur every day; however they occur every week. The problems are recurring and IT department doesn't seem to make an effort to fix the problem.

I learned that a company can be tremendously inefficient in the long run AND still retain its customers.

Management seems to be unprofessional with poor communication skills. It does the same thing and expects different results. Gets frustrated when the results, well, come out the same and wonders what went wrong. Willingness to discuss and examine alternative solutions is non-existent. Micromanagement pops up here and there.

Co-workers are generally good but some may be quite controlling and pushy. Coram is a butt kisser environment. Must be careful whom you ask questions (and what questions you ask) as some co-workers are convinced that you may come across as incompetent yet a lot of people in this company are indeed incompetent.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with constant IT issues as something is always wrong. Some people had to call help desk everyday. Some co-workers may be hard to work with. Some obstacles to learning opportunities exist.

After working here for some time now I am confident that there are no enjoyable parts to this job as the longer I work here the more annoying and ridiculous it gets. Even coffee in the break room sucks. My advice would be stay away from this company especially if you have experience.
Pros
willing to hire inexperienced work force, starting pay is good
Cons
constant IT issues, incompetent management, multiple user names and passwords, relatively poor training
Military atmosphere
Primary Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 16, 2015
It was not the experiences I expected. I was promised a job, but all I had was my jobs being outsourced to private agencies to increase profit. My manager was all about profit and not quality care. Patients had difficulties learning how to administer their IV medication in one day, but my manager would not permit f/u visit to evaluate learning. All to cut down hours. Medical Insurance was $6000 deductible under Coram/CVS. It was the worst time of my working experiences. I almost lost my house.
Pros
Cons
Worst benefits have ever had
Good people, tight on help
IV Pharmacy Technician/ Asset Tracker (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILNovember 11, 2015
Work with excellent co-workers, but do not have enough people to properly run the business due to Company staffing cuts.
unfair
Medical Billing Externship (Former Employee) –  Rancho CordovaOctober 3, 2015
I completed my internship here and they are extremely rude. The management sucks in the billing department. The workload was divided unfairly. there is a lot of favoritism there and nothing is based on work production or quality of work.
Always productive.
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 29, 2015
Working at Coram Pharmacy was amazing. It is a great place to work at. The co-workers are really nice and helpful. We always worked as a tea and got all the prescriptions sent out on time.
Open to new ideas and suggestions
IV BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Remote positionSeptember 22, 2015
Coram allows employees to share their ideas and demonstrate their strengths with others which may lead to new company standards.
Pros
Offers longevity/tenur
Cons
Pay scale should be based on skill sets in today's standards, not just by others in a similar role.
call center setting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TNJuly 7, 2015
Typical day never-ending back to back phone calls of complaints. Truly a cubicle maze of confusion. One of millions shows appreciation. quick burn-out. Need thick skin.
I worked in hospitals
Clinical Service Liaison (Former Employee) –  Plainville, NYJune 10, 2015
I was satisfied with my previous employers and learned much from all of them. Nursing for me has been a very diverse career that has taken me into many different areas of patient health.
Strong Company, Weak Management
Nutrition Support Dietitian Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 27, 2015
Fantastic people to work with and a very high quality clinical team. It was a real pleasure to work with them and provide the highest level of care. Management was poor, however, rather weak and much more often than not unwilling to make hard decisions and/or see them through.
good
Customer Service/Outsourcing (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 21, 2015
I like working at Coram its nice place to work co-worker are nice. you can learn a lot about the patients and help them well there are sick.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Always a busy day
Customer Service Specialist, SR (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 4, 2015
Fast paced environment, good communication with co-workers, we all help one another, most rewarding is helping our patients and giving them hope that they will soon start feeling better.
Great co-workers, but all departments are under-staffed
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New England RegionApril 5, 2015
Great co-workers, but all departments are under-staffed and over-worked. Excess amount of overtime, late days, and depending on your department; six day work weeks are common.
x
Clinical Services Liaison (Current Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILMarch 23, 2015
Engage in marketing, sales and patient education and instruction on infusion services for a leader in the home infusion industry. Develop and execute strategic sales plans. Collaborate with Sales partners to target key customers to improve market share and bottom line revenue. Instruct patients on all aspects and components of Infusion therapies. Communicate benefit coverage to patients and caregivers. Work with Branch Operations Teams to facilitate seamless patient discharge and positive patient experiences. Develop and service business relationships with internal/external customers and manufacturing partners. Represent the company at vendor and community events.
Worst job ever work for.
Sr. Customer Care Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  jackson tnMarch 13, 2015
Leadership is the companies downfall. Each day you never know if you will work 8 hours or 12. Management reserves the right to make overtime mandatory on a daily basis as well as working Saturday and Sundays and some weeks with no time off.

Very long list of negatives too many to list. This job is too stressful to the point of dangerous to ones health.
Pros
pay
Cons
work excessive amount of hours.