Corbins Electric Employee Reviews

Great place altogether
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2017
Really great place if you want to get into construction definitely do it here phenomenal place great people hard working people are here high end quality construction is here and great job caring about its employees and Osha
Friendly work enviorment
Generator Technician (Former Employee) –  Marlboro, NJMay 29, 2017
The employees and lower management were very friendly and easy to work with. aside from tight time requirements on many job sites it is a fairly stress free place to work.
Horrible Management
Virtual Construction Designer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2017
Management is very poor. They micromanage and scheme behind your back. Very stressful place to work at. Upper management is full of people that look down upon you and have no clue what they are doing.
Pros
Cons
micromanagement, short breaks, upper management.
Work in the field not the office
Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 8, 2016
Management is all related or knows each other for numerous years, wont move up unless you are in that group

They will cut ties with anyone who doesn't follow with their "culture" without a warning. Seems like revolving door unless you are management. Its either you are there less than a 1 or been there 5 plus
Pros
Non management workers and pay
Cons
Management, Culture
Great Company depends on who you work for
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2016
They have a great culture as long as you agree with everything they say. You can have your own opinion as long as it matches with the management, if not you will be fired. Depending on who you work for they will lie to management and when you request assistance from HR they will fire you.

The field is entirely different, the field personnel are amazing! Supers watch out for their employees, they guide and teach them.
Moving in the right direction.
Foreman, Lineman (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2016
I enjoyed my time and the shift in culture change. They have put a lot of time and effort into there lean concepts which I really feel it started to make a difference. There is still work to be done and I wish everyone there the best of luck.
An average day could be started all over I've been eighty feet up on the steel to man holes and ditches. Large wire pulls, heavy equipment and crane picks to control wires. The versatility is a plus for me. The co-workers I found feed off of the leadership. If the leadership wants to do good and make things happen then the crew is right behind them. That being said all my co-workers have been a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job for me trying to delegate important tasks without enough time to fully teach. Without a second good lead man it is challenging to be very efficient. The most enjoyable part is diving in the prints trying to think of everything you could possible need describing it to the crew and it falling in place like you pictured it in you head.
Pros
Room for advancement for people who want to achieve.
Cons
Gap in management and field, makes job security feel insecure.
learned safety, and how to bend rigid
Electrical worker (Former Employee) –  Intel ChandlerSeptember 11, 2016
great company to work for. Worked at Intel plant in Chandler AZ. set hours everyday, Run a variety of conduits including rigid, learned to operate boom lifts.
Pros
building
Cons
AZ heat
I loved working at Corbins Electric.
Apprentice Electrician Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 9, 2015
I learned some much there, I highly recommend anyone wanting to learn a cool trade as an Electrician to check Corbins Electric out.
Daliy work duties required a high level of mechanical/electrical skills with the highest level of safety at all times.
EW2 Electrical Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2015
Every work day required an outline plan to complete the daily assignment(s) and to perform/complete each and every task according to the plan in the safest way provided by specific OJT,OSHA and many other safety training programs. During my assignments with the contracted electrical company based at the Intel corp. in Chandler Az. I learned how to read Cad, 3D Cad and most electrical prints. How to operate both scissor and snorkel lifts and with extensive fall protection training. I worked very well with most of the co-workers including other contracted employees.
Pros
Great training from both Corbins and from Intel
Cons
No chance for advancement and or pay increases.
Great place to work!
IT Director (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 7, 2014
Corbins always used the latest in technology be it servers, workstations or Microsoft Office products. Very clean and modern office with one of the best management teams. Corbins being an electrical contractor, the economic times caused problems and my position was eliminated.
Pros
Owners, workplace environment
Cons
for me it was 25 miles from home.
Community Involvement Encouraged
Contractor Licenses (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 5, 2014
Corbins Electric is known for their high quality of work and respect to their employees. In this ever changing business every day offers new and exciting opportunities. I highly recommend Corbins Electric as a great place to work.
Pros
Retractable roof on the patio to enjoy your lunch. Prefabrication department like no other!
hard working people.
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 11, 2014
A Typical day is filled with new challenges.
I have learned to ask intelligent questions for the task at hand. To plan ahead.
Management.... they are supportive.
co-workers... hard working.
Hardest part of the job.... poor communication. On both sides.
Enjoyable part.... projects completing.
productive and good workplace
Electrician Helper (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 7, 2014
day at work what I learned of the job hardest good compensation/benefits,job security
Pros
voucher free
Cons
good mediker
In all a great company.
MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Manalapan, NJFebruary 4, 2014
A typical day at work,I'll get to work at 7:00 am,start prepping the companies truck for the task at hand. I have learned how to deal with the most hostile and complicated situations on a daily basics. Management is reasonable. Co-workers are complicated. The hardest part of the job is the extreme weather conditions,eg really cold and on the flip side extremely hot. The smile on the customers faces at the end of the day.
Pros
learning experiences
Get it done correctly no matter how many times it takes them
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  IntelAugust 13, 2013
The management has an open door policy. They are wonderful to talk to and they listen to your ideas. You can advance with hard work ethics and educating yourself.
Pros
Good group of electricians to work with.
Cons
There are a lot of uneducated people that call themselves electricians

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corbins Electric. Our community is ready to answer.

Corbins Electric Reviews by Location