Cordis Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
It has been a long time
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJJuly 14, 2016
I was with this company for a little under two years, and my job was eliminated due to the company getting on the wrong side of the FDA.
Pros
Parent Company J&J
Cons
Office Politics
Productive and serious work environment
Quality Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJanuary 12, 2016
Very professional job environment. I learned a lot dealing with specific product recalls and how big companies go about this process.
People oriented
(CTS) Temporary Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Germán, PROctober 15, 2015
In this company I work for ten years. The management was oriented to maintain all employees motivated, and well informed of any change and all company condition. The perform a meeting every three months with all employees and require to all supervisor to conduct a daily meeting with his employees in each production area.
Pros
People oriented
Cons
Need to work wih Product Development
Excellent Place to Work
Scientist II and Learning Specialist (Former Employee) –  San German, PROctober 12, 2015
Cordis Corporation is one of the most respected names in global interventional medical devices – and a company trusted by healthcare professionals for comprehensive solutions that achieve better healthcare results.
Unbelieveable experinece knowing I was part of the process to help people.
Sr. Admin. Asst. for Product Development (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLAugust 23, 2015
I learned so much while working at Cordis. I was able to keep advancing within the company and thoroughly enjoyed every position I held.
Pros
The environment and daily challenges.
Cons
I had to leave and relocate where my husband was working.
Good company for those in the medical engineering field
Sharepoint Developer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 23, 2015
if you want to be part of a global company this is the place for you they have a great engineering team with tons of experience, good mentors very open work environment
Diverse
Q.A. Department, Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  PRFebruary 28, 2015
Quality control, file system, organization of batch record, audit, data entry, closure of PTH'S, MRR'S. Procedures entry and editing. Work with softwares.

My coworkers where good people, work together, communicate, fast and productive environment.

Like most the variety of the work.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
low payment
Cordis has dissolved as corporation.
QA Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJJuly 1, 2014
Cordis has dissolved as corporation. I had a great experience working there, lots of learning and great colleagues.
utilize and expand my abilities and knowledge while providing potential for personal and professional growth in the administrative and health care fie
Maintenance System Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLApril 5, 2014
I have excellent rapport with people with of all ages and I have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish. I am able to work independently and as a part of a multidisciplinary team. I have effective communication with the upper management.Improved the social development and potential to deal with the customers and community resources.
Fun people at the functional level with terribly incompetent management
Staff Operations Leader (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 26, 2014
I was hired in the middle of 2013 in an operations role along with roughly 30 others. For the year of 2013, sales missed the marketing targets by roughly 100 million. The thirty head count that was picked up in 2013 was chopped at the beginning of 2014.

While at the functional level people like to have fun while at work, management is unfortunately not competent enough to know how to use their resources to make projects move forward in a timely manner nor is there any clear direction.

There was no indication that the company was in for layoffs until the day that it happened and management gave no indications that this was coming.

During my interview in 2013 I was told that 2013 would be the turnaround year and that things were finally to a point where the company could take a breath and keep things moving forward, in my line my manager was let go as well as the director above him...who all fed me the line during interviewing that "all was fine". At this time Cordis is not stable and I would strongly suggest looking elsewhere.
Pros
Two beach volleyball courts, subsidized food trucks Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
Cons
Incompetent management
Fun workplace, Super Productive workplace
Manufacture Operator (Former Employee) –  Miami FlJanuary 21, 2014
A typical day of work would different went to different locations to invest inventory as said in summary of review super productive 100 % of the time and also was fun to learn and got to new places daily.
Nice environment to work in
Proofreader (Current Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLSeptember 16, 2013
A day here is easy and calm. Not a problem to work with others and the management is great.
very busy. none stop
Process Operator I, Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLAugust 21, 2013
had a blast ,met different people , and formed relationships
Interesting and a learning invialmente
Manufacturing Operator II (Former Employee) –  San GermanAugust 17, 2013
A typical day at work we work with different type quimicos and with microscope doing inspection. We learned a lot of documentation mathematic calculation and we learn how to make decision and learned to be leader. We all opportunity to be team leader organize paper work production schedule and give training and work under presser and have a group of person responsible to work with. I think that there wasn't any hard to do if like your job there not thing hard just do it wright the first time. The part enjoyable is to now that we have been doing product that saved a lot of person lives
It was a real good work experience
Manufacturing Associate III (Former Employee) –  PRAugust 4, 2013
* learned a lot of the pharmaceutical busyness
* loved the different task to be performed daily
* comfortable work environment
Pros
free gym, perfect performance bonus
Experience of new Quality Regulations
Q.A. Department, Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  PRJune 18, 2013
My work in these company was focus on creating new filing process and management of the company, organizational priorities including destruction of SCRAP material inventory. Support in validation product, releasing product wich included investigations.The most difficult was the schedule, but the work was worth it.
Pros
I got to learn basics of Quality procedures and all that is included.
Cons
Work for contract of 2 years
Professional Place to work.
BIOTECHNICIAN 2 (Former Employee) –  FLJanuary 14, 2013
Team work.
New ideas in the production line.
Innovation and new processes.
Gmp.
Cero human error.
Data Collector Clerk
Data Collector Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Germán, PRNovember 27, 2012
Clean room environment - Monitored critical data points of humidity, temperature, and weight, together with data collected from the manufacturing areas, and tracked via statistical process control (SPC) charts. Generated daily yield report for management. Infinity QS system configuration for manufacturing data entry and graphical information display.
Great careers
Inspector II Receiving Inspection (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoNovember 8, 2012
Cordis gave me the opportunity to apply my skills and experience to benefit the Company.
Pros
excelent pay.
Cons
conpany closed last year.
Great place to work at, superb Company to work for!
Manufacturing Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  PRJuly 31, 2012
Great place to work at, superb Company to work for!

Pity it closed as per Corporate decision to exit the DES market.