Core-Mark International Employee Reviews

Perfect Job for someone who is looking to work for their money
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitinsville, MAOctober 30, 2016
There has been an enormous culture change within the company with earnest attempts to make the company feel like family. The hours can be long and demanding. The overtime is there for you to capitalize on but it is also something that is actively on the company's radar as something to reduce. I would definitely say that the money for an entry level position is worth the pay rate, but this is definitely not a job you want to take if you have young children or if you can not handle long hours.
Pros
Best Health Benfits Plan I Have Had So Far
Cons
The hours are too demanding
Decent place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 18, 2016
Hard physical work but job advancement is possible. I had no problem with management or co-workers. Dispatch was a mess when I was working there which really impacts your job. Many benefits and high salaries.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Poor dispatch, hard work
Seasoned food distribution company, leader in fresh food sales
Warehouse Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 6, 2016
Fast pace, challenging and rewarding work. Rapidly growing company, steady work. Learned alot while employed with Core-Mark. Dedicated management staff, supportive and reliable.
The best part of the job are the great employees and culture.
Good people. Management was alright. Head HR lady has an attitude
Core-mark (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 29, 2017
A typical day at work you can kind of estimate (12-16hrs) a day.

People are diverse (Regular commoners)... some do not care. some do.. this is a FULL time job if you have a wife and kids..DO NOT plan on having dinner with them.

They play around with your pay (Not a priority) always a fresh excuse.

The head human resource lady has an attitude if your on her "bad side".

Everyone always complains about Managers.. They manage. Not help with your work. I Didn't have a problem with them.

The hardest part was the long hours while the managers work like a 8-10/hr day and wonder why your work is so slow. (Never did this to me as I can keep up with my work)
Pros
Leniency
Cons
Work/life balanace
A wonderful place for a first job
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 7, 2016
A good place to start your resume and to build up warehouse experience... not really suited for individuals looking for a career. You do not need to possess a high school diploma or GED, and the environment reflects on that hiring principle.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Absolutly loved being a Merchandiser
Smart Stock Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 15, 2016
Loved traveling, meeting and greeting all of my customers. I learned so much about culture and about myself. I took pride in the trust my customers bi-stilled in me. My typical day was going into take inventory orders, pull out of date merchandise, rotate and put the order away. I took pride in making my customers store look its fullest potential, including looking clean! The hardest part of the job was how unreliable management and coworkers are. They, "CoreMark" would never respond with answers to my questions and if they did respond it would be "that's not your job pass it off to cutomer service or their salesman." After 10 years of being with this company, I am deeply disappointed in what I thought would be huge step up/growing potential and all I end up doing was finding my own ways to get answers and getting reprimanded through phone calls and emails for doing so. Not to mention, fighting to just to be paid my expenses for traveling!
Pros
Worked independantl, customer relationships
Cons
Poor Management, fight for raises & praises
Love My Job
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 14, 2016
Working onsite with our client was very fulfilling! Able to work at home when needed. Laid back atmosphere with the whole company as well at client's office. My supervisor is always, very helpful and non-micro-managing.
I would love to stay with them but the client is moving out of state and I cannot make the move. Not many additional opportunities within the area that I live for the company though. I thought I would be with them forever.
Pros
laid back
Cons
no room for advancement
Warehouse life
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 3, 2016
A typical day would go smoothly if everything runs as according to plan. But once the lines go out or were waiting on a department, things could go sour. They expect a lot out of there employees but yet we don't have AC its hotter than heck. On top of that people call in or quit and it puts in different scenarios everyday. I learned a lot my previous boss whom transferred who showed so much. My co-workers are quite friendly, moody but that comes with the job. The hardest part of my job is being unappreciated for what I bring to the warehouse. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I've meet so many different characteristic that taught me how to deal with each individual differently.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Hard work less pay
Meet a lot of new people
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 4, 2016
Arrive at store
Stocked back stock
Checked in new product if store was receiving truck that day
Stocked and priced new product
Credited out of date product
Ordered new product via handheld computer
Go to next store and repeat
I learned a lot about Convenience Stores
Management communication was terrible
The co-workers I had were great! Very Helpful!.
The hardest part of my job was waiting on the delivery of product. Sometimes I would need to return the store the next day.
I really enjoyed meeting all the employees in the stores.
Pros
Being on my own
Cons
A lot of waiting for deliveries, put me behind for other stores.
Not a good company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 18, 2016
Management is dis-engaged and treats people poorly. Promises made and not kept. Favoritism is openly practiced. Long hours and no appreciation.
Amazing work environment
Human Resources and Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 11, 2017
Nice people, open door policy.
Company culture is totally focused on customer needs. As every other business changes and hard decisions need to be made to adapt.
Typical delivery job
Driver Helper/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CO 80011July 13, 2016
This job requires plenty of heavy lifting, efficiency in delivery (time management) and being a morning person. Must be able to deal with customer complaints and be organized.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
early mornings
Core-Mark
Fl Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FLJanuary 18, 2017
Core-Mark is a good company to work for they have good benefits. They just don't compensate enough for millage, phone, internet and their pay is too low.
benefits are great
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 27, 2016
favoritism gets you the easy days . cant have an adult conversation with management.give you sick days but if you take them you get a point deduction which can lead to you being terminated.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
physical job. management no structure
Computer Operator
Computer Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 12, 2016
Typical Work day: Move paperwork from the computer room to Transportation, key credits, light clerical duties, running and sending reports to staff.

Hardest Part of the Job: Night Shifts. Night Unless you're cut out for working nights, be prepared to make the adjustment and lose a lot of sleep.

Most Enjoyable part of the job: Ease of work, Payday.
Pros
Great benefits, relaxed work environment (for the most part)
Cons
Pay could be better for night shifts, training resources leave much to be desired
Great opportunity to make a difference
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Great schedule. I work early morning to early afternoon. Very fast paced and the days went by quickly. Always stay busy and have a lot to accomplish daily which gives you a great sense of accomplishment.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Lost biggest national account which makes environment volatile
pickers
Selector/Picker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 26, 2017
A Typical Day at work would be coming into work stretching. Everyone would gather around and have a meeting about the numbers. After we would get our picklines and get to work.
Pros
alot of overtime
Cons
no sleep
coremark
Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 14, 2017
The hardest part of the job is dealing with other employees. Parking is an absolute night mare, and getting past the truck drivers in extremely inconvenient.
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
1 hr lunch
Retail
Team Lead/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Excellent products and services for retail convenience stores. Working with managers to train ordering skills to reduce shrink and theft. To maintain order in the store.
IPC team rocks.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 2, 2016
I am employed as a Corporate Accounts Payable Specialist. I work with the IPC team in Finance. I can provide efficient and friendly service ensuring customer needs are met with no justified complaints.
Pros
Free lunch breaks
Cons
Cannot think of one yet.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Core-Mark International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9