Core-Mark International

Core-Mark International Employee Reviews

great place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Leitchfield KyJune 15, 2015
awesome company! cant say one bad thing about them, great co-workers everyone was like family. ive have really learned and taken away a whole lot from this company
worst company ive worked for
DRIVER (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 12, 2015
really bad management and unorganized transportation managers and supervisors have know idea what they are doing . pay is not great good equipment good co workers just a really bad unorganized company
productive and safe enviroment
Team Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 8, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: poor communication
Enjoyed interacting with store management. Implementing new items and ideas. Working with other vendors in sharing space and ideas.
overall good experience.
Good Job
Class A Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNMay 23, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Some overnights
This is a good position for anyone that does not mind putting in an honest days work and earning your pay check. Good managment.
It Was Okay.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Hayward, CAMarch 30, 2015
workers were great but management was horrible. played favoritism and manager just sat at his desk most of the day. learned how to use the forklift, pallet jack in less than week. hardest part of the job was to wake up early.
Fast Paced Environment
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Corona, CAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Job security, benefits and pay
Cons: Hostile work environment/Employee Accountability
This organization provides goods and services to the convenience food industries. Some of their customers include AM/PM, Circle K and Shell stations. A typical day includes the receiving, stocking of products from various vendors. These items are then stocked for selection on the night shift utilizing the Pick to Light system and full case order selection.
fun job
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2014
Pros: independence
Cons: payrate
long days and the travel is tiresome. management was tough. best part of job was independent working. worst part was dealing with running to different edges of town without warning.
small friendly work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Schertz, TXOctober 21, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: no room for advancement
My day is busy and fast past, I have learned to work alone without prompt and the hardest part is no room for advancement.
A great organization in that Industry
Sales and New Account Consultant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 11, 2014
Very good customer service and provided the high quality and branded products. They loved what they do.
Growing Company with Innovative Ideas to Change the Market
Merchandising (Former Employee), TexasJuly 31, 2014
We were always recommended to think out of the box so that we could continue to be a game changer in the industry. The list of what is learned is lengthy but it is an example of how team work is terriffic. The management of the company is headed in the right direction but isn't always open to new ideas unless it was by a team of management. The team members of the job is the best part and a diverse group that made it possible to see set goals become reality.
Pretty okay job.
Stocker / Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Brandon, FLMay 29, 2014
The job was pretty okay. I was hired in for one position and promised another. It never came to pass.
Productive and fun working place
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 7, 2014
I worked independently as a merchandiser i drove from gas station
to gas station. I communitcated well and got along very well with the owners and managers as well as employess of the gas stations. My job was to order there product such as dairy, snacks, medicine , automotive,etc. The hardest part of my job was to accuratley order to where they dont run our or dont over stock them. The most enjoyable part of my job is the communication and the relationships i grew with my customers.
start and finish of the day
Forklift driver (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: guaranteed eight hours, good co-workers
Cons: short breaks, hard for advancement, losing business.
we come in do our safety checks on our equipment, then we start our day by unloading and breaking down trucks that need to be broken down. once they are broken down we receive them then put up the stock either in back stock or the pick.once the trucks are received we have to check with the stockers to see if they need any help on there sheets for stock report.
Core-Mark
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee), farmington, nmJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, work on your own
Cons: inability to take earned time off, hearing from management only when you do something wrong.
My typical work day is chaotic. If you enjoy working alone and only hear from supervisors when you do something wrong, then this would be an ideal job. In the beginning of my work time with this company I was taught how to read plan-o-grams for reset purposes, how to train new employees properly, and learn every aspect in stores that we serviced. I believe the most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know the store personnel on a working basis and personal basis. I have learned as the years have progressed that there really is no advancement opportunities and therefore I becoming very stagnant in my position.
Great job security
Order Expeditor (Former Employee), Schertz, TXNovember 19, 2013
Pros: culture and management
Cons: very physically demanding work and long hours
Work hard and show up on time and you will have a job for life. Hard work with strict deadlines. Good management and hard working employees are always needed.
Great company to work for.
Food Service Manager, Las Vegas Division (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 30, 2013
Pros: being part of a good team of people
Cons: being let go due to cut backs
Everyday was a a blast. Getting out in the field seeing customers and getting new business was amazingly fun

The management was a fountain of sales experience and customer service, most with up to 40 years in the business.

Some times getting the management to try new things was a challenge. I got pretty good at selling to the customer and having to sale things to my boss.

I enjoyed the people I worked with at Core-Mark. The atmosphere was up beat and we all worked together to make sure the customers were serviced.
Great company to find a home with
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: great insurance, 401k matching
Cons: unpredictable changes in loads and customers
A typical day at work would be to come in and start with the drivers paperwork, hand off the things to other departments that are due. Update spreadsheets, boards and my co workers. Work closely with the drivers as they came to the office. My co-workers are very easy to get along with and we have a fun working environment even tho day to day operations could become hectic. My boss is a very calm and colected individual and he knows what he is doing and how to better the transportation department.
The hardest part of the job would come on the days that everything that could go wrong would go wrong, and we would have a hay day trying to get everything accomplished.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be the interactions that I had with my co worker and the drivers. We could always laugh. By the end of the week it would be a relief to escape for the weekend but you always looked forward to coming in Monday morning to see what chalanges await for the upcoming week.
Independant work atmoshpere
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Eureka, CAJuly 29, 2013
Pros: out on the road, not in an office. new people to meet everyday
Cons: sometimes long hours 12-16 hour days based on driving distances
I spent 9 years at Core-Mark International. This was a route sales job involving sales calls to mainly convenience stores. Daily, tasks included ordering products, selling new items, selling contracts and programs, merchandising products, solving customer problems, and collections. I learned the most about store merchandising and small business operations. New store openings that I sold were the most challenging but also the most fun. Presenting your ideas to the owners and then ordering everything to get the store open was truly rewarding.
The hardest part of the job was communicating to different departments to problem solve for your customers. Once you knew all the key players this became much easier.
The most enjoyable part of the job was coming back to the customers each week and seeing what value you could bring ti their business.
Very exciting place to work.
Loader/Hostler (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 3, 2013
Pros: the money
Cons: its bitter cold.
The day always has new challenges to overcome, I learned how to use a fork lift and pallet jack, and how refrigerated trucks operate. The management is ok, co workers are hard to understand most of the time. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the freezing temps inside of the freezer and freezer trucks. The money is the best part about this job. And bonuses.
Great place to learn and grow
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 7, 2013
Very enjoyable job, everyday is different. Best part of the job are the people that I work with. They hard working dedicated employees with a long history with the company.
Headquarters