Core-Mark International Employee Reviews

nice place
Order Puller/ Picker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 18, 2016
its a nice place to work they have a incentive program that gives you more money if you go above the stander they have.
they train you in all the departments so you can be more of a help
Meet a lot of new people
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 4, 2016
Arrive at store
Stocked back stock
Checked in new product if store was receiving truck that day
Stocked and priced new product
Credited out of date product
Ordered new product via handheld computer
Go to next store and repeat
I learned a lot about Convenience Stores
Management communication was terrible
The co-workers I had were great! Very Helpful!.
The hardest part of my job was waiting on the delivery of product. Sometimes I would need to return the store the next day.
I really enjoyed meeting all the employees in the stores.
Pros
Being on my own
Cons
A lot of waiting for deliveries, put me behind for other stores.
Warehouse life
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 3, 2016
A typical day would go smoothly if everything runs as according to plan. But once the lines go out or were waiting on a department, things could go sour. They expect a lot out of there employees but yet we don't have AC its hotter than heck. On top of that people call in or quit and it puts in different scenarios everyday. I learned a lot my previous boss whom transferred who showed so much. My co-workers are quite friendly, moody but that comes with the job. The hardest part of my job is being unappreciated for what I bring to the warehouse. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I've meet so many different characteristic that taught me how to deal with each individual differently.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Hard work less pay
Typical delivery job
Driver Helper/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CO 80011July 13, 2016
This job requires plenty of heavy lifting, efficiency in delivery (time management) and being a morning person. Must be able to deal with customer complaints and be organized.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
early mornings
Daily Sales Work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 23, 2016
The day starts between 7 and 8AM, make weekly sales calls to over 40 customers. Filling orders, promoting new product, writing credits and handling any customer issues that may come up.
Computer Operator
Computer Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 12, 2016
Typical Work day: Move paperwork from the computer room to Transportation, key credits, light clerical duties, running and sending reports to staff.

Hardest Part of the Job: Night Shifts. Night Unless you're cut out for working nights, be prepared to make the adjustment and lose a lot of sleep.

Most Enjoyable part of the job: Ease of work, Payday.
Pros
Great benefits, relaxed work environment (for the most part)
Cons
Pay could be better for night shifts, training resources leave much to be desired
benefits are great
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 27, 2016
favoritism gets you the easy days . cant have an adult conversation with management.give you sick days but if you take them you get a point deduction which can lead to you being terminated.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
physical job. management no structure
Lots of work for little pay
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCMay 18, 2016
Expect you to work while suppose to be in the sleeper which is illegal ! Liked the job just not the pay!!!! Billion dollar company wouldn't get you a transporter pass for interstate tolls and had a hard time getting your money back for the tolls!
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Dispatcher was clueless and low pay for the industry!
Absolutly loved being a Merchandiser
Smart Stock Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 15, 2016
Loved traveling, meeting and greeting all of my customers. I learned so much about culture and about myself. I took pride in the trust my customers bi-stilled in me. My typical day was going into take inventory orders, pull out of date merchandise, rotate and put the order away. I took pride in making my customers store look its fullest potential, including looking clean! The hardest part of the job was how unreliable management and coworkers are. They, "CoreMark" would never respond with answers to my questions and if they did respond it would be "that's not your job pass it off to cutomer service or their salesman." After 10 years of being with this company, I am deeply disappointed in what I thought would be huge step up/growing potential and all I end up doing was finding my own ways to get answers and getting reprimanded through phone calls and emails for doing so. Not to mention, fighting to just to be paid my expenses for traveling!
Pros
Worked independantl, customer relationships
Cons
Poor Management, fight for raises & praises
Ok place to work at
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Working in the computer room was Ok. No one really bothered me. I had a whole office to myself with 4 printers the AS400 system and all kinds of wire's behind me. Everyday I will follow the same work sheet And printed out labels and paper work for the night warehouse, very easy work hardly any problems. Suck that I worked Sunday 11:00am-7:30pm and Monday-Thursday 2:00pm-10:30pm. Plus worked holidays and Easter. There was really no one who can fill in for me. i will finish my work like three hours early. Sad that they couldn't change my work hours to early work hours. Me thinking that they might probably considered it since i was working there for 4 years and had kids who i hardly got to spend time with do to my work hours so I quit. Found out later on that the hours for computer room were changed to hours that fit me better. If you dnt have kids then this job is good for you.
Lack of management intuition, high level of job stress and expectations of being able to perform a 60+ hour week.
Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ohio DivisonJanuary 24, 2016
Only apply if you like working 60+ hours per week and under great stress by yourself without any support as the rest of the team works out of Canada.
Pros
Work alone.
Cons
No support from other team members or management.
Seasonal job
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJanuary 13, 2016
During the time I worked there, a lot of turnover and shifts sometimes had too many people scheduled or not enough, so hours were not consistent
Very unlikeable
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXJanuary 3, 2016
Management is rude. Typical day at work was getting yelled out by senior management. Applying a massive amount of money daily. Other co workers other than management were great to work with.
Demanding, low paying, toxic environment
customer service (Former Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYOctober 27, 2015
Not a fun place to work. Emphasis on numbers and lack of concern with lower level employees. Compensation is low when considering the demands of the job. Lack of professionalism with management, i.e. things discussed behind closed doors do not stay there.
Pros
cheap sodas, benefits
Cons
poor management, employees seen as expendable
I totally enjoyed this job
Vendor Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 24, 2015
The hardest part of the job was to travel to each store on a timely basis (orders or credits had to be done by 10:30 AM each day.
Pros
Honor System...I totally enjoyed this job
Cons
This job entailed a lot of driving, but I didn't mind.
Great Company
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Remote. Home OfficeOctober 20, 2015
Great company. Compensation does not justify the amount of responsibility and work you do. Company is Decentralized therefore you can not expect to have same guidance from management. Company needs to improve training and development methods, techniques and procedures.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Compensation
Not a good place to work for
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 7, 2015
Job stability is what I look for. This job didn't have that or any other developing programs for advancements. No management training or communications for job promotions.
Typical day at work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitinsville, MAOctober 7, 2015
Driving to each account to take inventory and replacement orders. Making suggestions to purchase new products. Provide excellent customer service and handle accounts receivables.
Pros
Opportunity to increase sales and commission.
Cons
A lot of driving in bad weather.
Fast-paced work environment
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 1, 2015
Self-starters will do well here. If strict guidelines and laid-out tasks are a necessity for you to succeed this is not the sales organization to do it in.
Great company but middle to upper management needs attention
AP Manager (Former Employee) –  fort worth texasOctober 1, 2015
Was not a good fit with the management or employees in Accounts Payable department. Hostility from subordinates and supervisor was a big issue.
Pros
Loved the other co-workers including corporate and other divisions.
Cons
Was not able to take time off to see doctor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Core-Mark International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9