Core-Mark International

Core-Mark International Employee Reviews in United States

worst company ive worked for
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 12, 2015
really bad management and unorganized transportation managers and supervisors have know idea what they are doing . pay is not great good equipment good co workers just a really bad unorganized company
great place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leitchfield KyJune 15, 2015
awesome company! cant say one bad thing about them, great co-workers everyone was like family. ive have really learned and taken away a whole lot from this company
It Was Okay.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 30, 2015
workers were great but management was horrible. played favoritism and manager just sat at his desk most of the day. learned how to use the forklift, pallet jack in less than week. hardest part of the job was to wake up early.
Growing Company with Innovative Ideas to Change the Market
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 31, 2014
We were always recommended to think out of the box so that we could continue to be a game changer in the industry. The list of what is learned is lengthy but it is an example of how team work is terriffic. The management of the company is headed in the right direction but isn't always open to new ideas unless it was by a team of management. The team members of the job is the best part and a diverse group that made it possible to see set goals become reality.
Good Job
Class A Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 23, 2015
This is a good position for anyone that does not mind putting in an honest days work and earning your pay check. Good managment.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Some overnights
Productive and fun working place
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 7, 2014
I worked independently as a merchandiser i drove from gas station
to gas station. I communitcated well and got along very well with the owners and managers as well as employess of the gas stations. My job was to order there product such as dairy, snacks, medicine , automotive,etc. The hardest part of my job was to accuratley order to where they dont run our or dont over stock them. The most enjoyable part of my job is the communication and the relationships i grew with my customers.
start and finish of the day
Forklift driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2014
we come in do our safety checks on our equipment, then we start our day by unloading and breaking down trucks that need to be broken down. once they are broken down we receive them then put up the stock either in back stock or the pick.once the trucks are received we have to check with the stockers to see if they need any help on there sheets for stock report.
Pros
guaranteed eight hours, good co-workers
Cons
short breaks, hard for advancement, losing business.
Core-Mark
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  farmington, nmJanuary 17, 2014
My typical work day is chaotic. If you enjoy working alone and only hear from supervisors when you do something wrong, then this would be an ideal job. In the beginning of my work time with this company I was taught how to read plan-o-grams for reset purposes, how to train new employees properly, and learn every aspect in stores that we serviced. I believe the most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know the store personnel on a working basis and personal basis. I have learned as the years have progressed that there really is no advancement opportunities and therefore I becoming very stagnant in my position.
Pros
benefits, work on your own
Cons
inability to take earned time off, hearing from management only when you do something wrong.
Great company to work for.
Food Service Manager, Las Vegas Division (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 30, 2013
Everyday was a a blast. Getting out in the field seeing customers and getting new business was amazingly fun

The management was a fountain of sales experience and customer service, most with up to 40 years in the business.

Some times getting the management to try new things was a challenge. I got pretty good at selling to the customer and having to sale things to my boss.

I enjoyed the people I worked with at Core-Mark. The atmosphere was up beat and we all worked together to make sure the customers were serviced.
Pros
being part of a good team of people
Cons
being let go due to cut backs
not a good company to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 22, 2012
I work for this company for 5 years..This company under pays their employees, they make them work long hours.. They make their sales force work holidays, when other employees in administration receives the holidays off. They give free dress to office employees on Fridays, and not to the rest of their employees.. They have GPS on all employees, because they do not trust them. The management team discriminates, their an typical "boys club", were most woman are not promoted from within, they either move them to a lower paying position, or demote them within the company..
Pros
spiffs
Cons
low pay, long hours, poor management
Great company but has it's moments.
Division Controller (Current Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYFebruary 20, 2013
Core-Mark is a wholesale food distributor with very very slim profit margins. We are always looking for ways to increase the bottom line whether from top lines sales or expense reduction. There is alot of pressure on the senior management at the division level to met expectations. The stress level is be very intense at times.

I have a great staff of 12 very hard workers. We try to have a good time when possible but everyone understands that we must take our responsiblities very serious.

My desk is full of "requirments" due to us being a public company. SOX compliance is probably the toughest part of my job and may well be the most time consuming.

Overall a great place to work.
Pros
good benefits and fine co-workers
Cons
highly stressfull, not an easy communte.
Very exciting place to work.
Loader/Hostler (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 3, 2013
The day always has new challenges to overcome, I learned how to use a fork lift and pallet jack, and how refrigerated trucks operate. The management is ok, co workers are hard to understand most of the time. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the freezing temps inside of the freezer and freezer trucks. The money is the best part about this job. And bonuses.
Pros
the money
Cons
its bitter cold.
beware
driver (Former Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYMay 8, 2012
if you like working every holiday or making it up on saturday and sunday if you enjoy a weak support system and a non existent break down service then this is the job for you.low pay and a monthly drive (on your own dime) to liechfield ky for an insurance mandated safety meeting make this a misery for all.My advice look elsewhere even if it means being on the road your family will thank you
Cons
too many to mention
fun job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2014
long days and the travel is tiresome. management was tough. best part of job was independent working. worst part was dealing with running to different edges of town without warning.
Pros
independence
Cons
payrate
Independant work atmoshpere
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAJuly 29, 2013
I spent 9 years at Core-Mark International. This was a route sales job involving sales calls to mainly convenience stores. Daily, tasks included ordering products, selling new items, selling contracts and programs, merchandising products, solving customer problems, and collections. I learned the most about store merchandising and small business operations. New store openings that I sold were the most challenging but also the most fun. Presenting your ideas to the owners and then ordering everything to get the store open was truly rewarding.
The hardest part of the job was communicating to different departments to problem solve for your customers. Once you knew all the key players this became much easier.
The most enjoyable part of the job was coming back to the customers each week and seeing what value you could bring ti their business.
Pros
out on the road, not in an office. new people to meet everyday
Cons
sometimes long hours 12-16 hour days based on driving distances
small friendly work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Schertz, TXOctober 21, 2014
My day is busy and fast past, I have learned to work alone without prompt and the hardest part is no room for advancement.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no room for advancement
Great job security
Order Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXNovember 19, 2013
Work hard and show up on time and you will have a job for life. Hard work with strict deadlines. Good management and hard working employees are always needed.
Pros
culture and management
Cons
very physically demanding work and long hours
Stayed busy
Forklift Operator/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Tampa FlAugust 30, 2012
Alot of stocking. I learned how to do various jobs in the warehouse. Management was ok. I had a good relationship with co- workers. The long hours and work weeks. I like the pay and the hours
benefits
Cons
Great place to learn and grow
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 7, 2013
Very enjoyable job, everyday is different. Best part of the job are the people that I work with. They hard working dedicated employees with a long history with the company.
A great organization in that Industry
Sales and New Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 11, 2014
Very good customer service and provided the high quality and branded products. They loved what they do.

2.9