Core-Mark Employee Reviews

The overall atmosphere is very dull. The people seem unhappy and now I understand why. It used to be a good place to work.
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMay 23, 2017
Core-Mark Atlanta was once a great place but until the culture change it will continue to go down hill. When people acquired knowledge, they are made to feel they better hold onto it and not share with others in fear of being replaced. Management is not involved because they are trying to hold on to their job. They will use you as a scape goat. They never take the time to know their people, yet they write you reviews. The hardest part of the job was seeing people in a position that they did not have the knowledge for but they knew someone in the organization. Also another person released out the door that brought much knowledge to the organization and another buddy brought in to replace them. That is not how business is suppose to run. Since when is it OK to replace what we know with who we know? Again the culture need to change. I guess that is the Core- Mark way in Atlanta.
Pros
Health benefits.
Cons
Job security.
Productive and fun workplace
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARApril 26, 2017
Very laid back job. Fun,friendly people to work with. Work at your own pace. Management is cool. My only complaint is the shortage of hours and getting paid bi-weekly.
Pros
Get off at a descent time of day and off every weekend.
Cons
Getting paid every two weeks.
Loved it
Full Time Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 20, 2017
This was a great place to work. They offered as much overtime as I could work. They hired and fired a lot but if you were a good order selector you were safe. The culture and environment are enjoyable. Most of the management team are good. Extra days are optional. If you can handle hard work you'll like it.
Pros
Plenty of OT, Enjoyable Co-workers, Decent Culture
Cons
If you're a hard worker you might be the only one left picking in eaches at 5 am, this is how I made that $$$ here though.
Worst Company
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 17, 2017
Uneducated management, continually lied to with respect to pay.
Company has no integrity, lied to with respect to bonuses.
Lack of communication from management, one of their tactics is to demean and humiliate employees.
Lack of moral integrity.
Pros
Cons
Lack of integrity.
Dedicated people
Warehouse / Reach Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 27, 2017
I really like this place do to they care about the employees and the condition of the warehouse. I would have stayed there longer if my transportation would have been working properly to get to work on time. I hate being late to work more than anything.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Late night
Need to improved asst manager attitude
Driver (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARMarch 12, 2017
It been a good place to work. Trans manager, supervisor and clerk is like family. They treat you great. But since this Asst. manager came in it all with down hill. They had lost a lot of good drivers because of him. He treat his employees poorly and talk real bad about the trans manager and operations manager and even the division president. He even cuss and yell at us drivers. Won't be long they won't have any drivers left.The trans manager need to watch his back. And other than that it was a great place to work.
Pros
Love the customers, great pay and benefits
Cons
Need a new asst manager
Route Driver
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Forrest City, ARMarch 6, 2017
Core-Mark is a very good job and a very good place to work. The routes aren't very big and they take pretty good care of there drivers. I actually enjoy Core-Mark.
its an ok job
stocker (Former Employee) –  tampaMarch 1, 2017
Learn a lot good people everyone is outgoing. and a lot of positive attitude out of the employees. fast pace working environment. cool managers
Pros
friendly employees good health insurance
Cons
alot of good workers are gone
Fun place to work in
Picker (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZFebruary 14, 2017
In this job i arrived and as a group we stretched and we were divided into group teams and complete task as a team. We had to hit a production line and exceed our standards.
Customer Service/Merchandising/Sales
MERCHANDISER/SALES (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 7, 2017
I have a love/hate relationship with Core-Mark. I absolutly love, love(d) doing what I do (did) for CoreMark. I started young and hopeful. Felt I could "move up" and become something to them. I started out in Customer Service/Order Entry. Quickly moved to Merchandiser, where life was great! I would travel to stores and stock them, work by myself, did anything they asked of me. Moved up to Set Merchandiser, traveled state to state, did over nights. Loved it. Then I found out I was pregnant. I have never felt so chastised in my life, I was even asked what was I could to do about it? Am I stepping down? Leaving? A coworker even made the statement "Merchandisers don't have babies." I have had to fight my way tooth and nail for my raises and spiffs, when they gave them. I love to travel, I loved the customers. The job was fun for me. All you are is a number and not a face. It is a "typical politic" kind of environment.
Pros
Freedom & Honesty
Cons
Sales, comps, favoritism
work
orde selector\ loader (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 6, 2017
the location of this place has change but its a steady workflow and you will work during the week and sometimes on the weekends. but it all depend on your schedule.
Good website
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 30, 2017
Has alot of jobs many opportunities variety of work and very easy to apply simple steps to a new start I would highly recommend this website. ........
Worst Management Ever
Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 29, 2017
The Managers don't care about anybody but them selves. Most of them are self centered and egotistic. While I was there every little thing was a big issue. There is no team work except for the other drivers which where ok to work with.
Coremark
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJanuary 25, 2017
Great environment and staff. I work there over 10 years unfortunately they load some business that has caused me to be laid off, but I know if things change I would be hired back . They were sadden they had to do a layoff
Long Hours
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 24, 2017
Not the best place to work. Long hours, not enough pay. Typical work day consists of pre trip on truck, checking product on truck which is not loaded correctly most of the time.
Pros
Cons
No lunch break
Its productive also a indecisive company
Freezer boards (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJanuary 23, 2017
I start whit Zone one then get zone 9,7 palletizing in order combined for shipping when there is down time I will pull case in order for the production to meet timeframe
Awesome
Ware House Worker (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORJanuary 19, 2017
Loved every aspect of my job. In the short time I was there before the company closed its Grants Pass location I learned all positions on the freight floor except frozen and back tobacco line. Wish they never would have moved to Portland.
Pros
Great people, fun environment
Cons
flooded parking lot when we get lots of rain
Not for everybody
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 18, 2017
Not for a family man. I have been away from home 3 nights a week since I started. The job itself is physically demanding and will eventually cause long term problems. Very few of the veterans are in decent physical shape. This is a good paying job for the transportation industry. However the transportation industry has not had a raise since the 70's. Based on actual hours worked (10-14 per day) this occupation makes very little. The only way to add to income is work more and be away from home more. Can't count on annual raise to boost you. The biggest raise I have heard of is 3%. I hardly made any more this year than I did my first.

As for the company and my division..The minneapolis division has not made a profit since Core Mark took over (about 13 years) They take no advice from drivers regarding improving efficiency. Middle management is hand cuffed by upper management and not allowed to be creative or provide input. Upper management is completely disconnected. Policies are implemented and followed for about a week then ignored. The answer to any issue is to add more layers of management. They react to every situation rather than planning for issues to arise. They run into the same problems over and over again without considering long term solutions. For this and other reasons management is not respected. I work for some pretty good people who mean well. However, that doesn't make them good at what they do.
Pros
Not too many
Cons
read review
A productive and challenge place
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 13, 2017
I am a forklift driver/order selector .! I think the management is probably one of the best management I had threw out my jobs . It's a really good place to work in especially with all the benefits they offer
Family Oriented
Associate (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHDecember 13, 2016
From the moment that I entered my position with Core-Mark I immediately found the employees and supervisors to be very embracing and family oriented.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Core-Mark. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6