Core BTS Employee Reviews

Great place to start a career in the technology field
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYSeptember 27, 2017
Core BTS is a great place to start your career in the technology field. You learn a lot of different skills on the field and you also develop great communication skills.
Great and Fun Place to work
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJanuary 4, 2017
Love working in School districts. Everyone that employed are Team Players. Works around your schedule. Even if you enter at a Beginners level they will work with you and find a position.
Great Team, great communication
Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lititz, PAMarch 29, 2016
As far as placement agencies or recruiters, these guys are top notch. I have worked with a lot of agencies, but none as good as Core. They are great at communicating with you and makes the employee truly feel like and asset, not a slave.
Pros
Great communication, pay rate, attitude
Cons
You are still a contractor
Great IT staffing company
Avaya Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 3, 2015
Great company. Excellent wages. Great communication. Fast placement, jobs lined up when contract ends. Contact person @ Core is always friendly and willing to help.
Core BTS
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 24, 2015
Implement many IT Solutions and work across divisions of the company to provide solutions to businesses. Certified In Cisco EMC and Microsoft solutions.

The best part of the job was the face to face customer interaction with high level executives such as COO's, CIO's, and Directors of IT. Also the commission and being rewarded for your work.
Terrible management with great coworkers. Be prepared to go above and beyond your pay grade to stay employed.
Staff consultant (Former Employee) –  MineolaJuly 13, 2015
Terrible management, your direct supervisor can vary depending on your location. Luckily, I had a very easy going one. However, upper management will never give you a raise until you fight for it and even then the raise will be a slap in the face. Yet, when the company needs you, you're expected to go above and beyond for people who treat you like dirt and will steal more than half of your salary with there contract positions at various school districts. I would never work for this company again. The most enjoyable part of the job will be your coworkers. No matter where you go you'll have some good people working with you.
Pros
easy going coworkers and not micro managed for the most part
Cons
terrible upper management, No pay raises for at least 3 years, You are expected to do more than your job title and pay grade at all times.
Fun co-workers
Business Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Exton, PAMay 26, 2015
Sales Department is ok. Company is in restructure. Sales department is changing new VP of Sales, good entry level job for someone will to make 100 plus cold calls a day.
Pros
young co-workers
Cons
no direction
Good company to work for.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 15, 2013
I liked the people, the culture and they paid me well. As a whole, the company treated me very well and were exceptionally supportive when I went through a death in my family. They bent over backwards to ensure I had time to be with my dying mother. I'll never forget it and I will always be grateful. I would have been very happy to continue working for Core BTS.

The senior leadership is VERY sales driven. My direct managers (I worked for 3 different direct managers over the years) were all positive role models and pleasant to work for. They expected a lot out of you, but they did not micromanage or annoy you into submission. They were firm when it was necessary and quite direct when you did not meet their expectations, so you knew exactly where you stood and what you needed to do to improve the situation. They also acknowledged your improvements.

The hardest part of the job was the volume of work. There was a lot to do and you could not get it all done some days. There were not many days where you had a lot of free time either.

The most enjoyable part of the job, to me, was the direct interaction with my customers.
Pros
Pay, treatment, benefits
Cons
Very busy, sometimes it was just too much
Morale always down limited resources to work with
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYSeptember 13, 2013
They offered many services and were very diversified, But when it came to deliver of these solutions we cam up short very short using unqualified people at times and never meet to completion date as expected. The mood and morale is at an all time low, and they have people heading departments with out experience.
Pros
Cons
Negitive
Unsupportive environment. Sales people treat engineers poorly.
Consulting Engineer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 8, 2013
I was hired for a long term project. After that ended, they couldn't find me enough work. They made only a token effort to develop and market me and abruptly let me go three months later. Very little communication and even less support from management.
Pros
decent salary, advancement based on certifications
Cons
company treats you like a cog in the machine.
Outstanding company with outstanding individuals
Learning Department Intern (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WINovember 14, 2012
CoreBTS was a wonderful experience. I learned much about the IT industry and got a chance to work in a training environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Core BTS. Our community is ready to answer.