Core BTS Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible management with great coworkers. Be prepared to go above and beyond your pay grade to stay employed.
Staff consultant (Former Employee) –  MineolaJuly 13, 2015
Terrible management, your direct supervisor can vary depending on your location. Luckily, I had a very easy going one. However, upper management will never give you a raise until you fight for it and even then the raise will be a slap in the face. Yet, when the company needs you, you're expected to go above and beyond for people who treat you like dirt and will steal more than half of your salary with there contract positions at various school districts. I would never work for this company again. The most enjoyable part of the job will be your coworkers. No matter where you go you'll have some good people working with you.
Pros
easy going coworkers and not micro managed for the most part
Cons
terrible upper management, No pay raises for at least 3 years, You are expected to do more than your job title and pay grade at all times.
Great Team, great communication
Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lititz, PAMarch 29, 2016
As far as placement agencies or recruiters, these guys are top notch. I have worked with a lot of agencies, but none as good as Core. They are great at communicating with you and makes the employee truly feel like and asset, not a slave.
Pros
Great communication, pay rate, attitude
Cons
You are still a contractor
Unsupportive environment. Sales people treat engineers poorly.
Consulting Engineer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 8, 2013
I was hired for a long term project. After that ended, they couldn't find me enough work. They made only a token effort to develop and market me and abruptly let me go three months later. Very little communication and even less support from management.
Pros
decent salary, advancement based on certifications
Cons
company treats you like a cog in the machine.
Great IT staffing company
Avaya Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 3, 2015
Great company. Excellent wages. Great communication. Fast placement, jobs lined up when contract ends. Contact person @ Core is always friendly and willing to help.
Good company to work for.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 15, 2013
I liked the people, the culture and they paid me well. As a whole, the company treated me very well and were exceptionally supportive when I went through a death in my family. They bent over backwards to ensure I had time to be with my dying mother. I'll never forget it and I will always be grateful. I would have been very happy to continue working for Core BTS.

The senior leadership is VERY sales driven. My direct managers (I worked for 3 different direct managers over the years) were all positive role models and pleasant to work for. They expected a lot out of you, but they did not micromanage or annoy you into submission. They were firm when it was necessary and quite direct when you did not meet their expectations, so you knew exactly where you stood and what you needed to do to improve the situation. They also acknowledged your improvements.

The hardest part of the job was the volume of work. There was a lot to do and you could not get it all done some days. There were not many days where you had a lot of free time either.

The most enjoyable part of the job, to me, was the direct interaction with my customers.
Pros
pay, treatment, benefits
Cons
very busy, sometimes it was just too much
Fun co-workers
Business Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Exton, PAMay 26, 2015
Sales Department is ok. Company is in restructure. Sales department is changing new VP of Sales, good entry level job for someone will to make 100 plus cold calls a day.
Pros
young co-workers
Cons
no direction
Morale always down limited resources to work with
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYSeptember 13, 2013
They offered many services and were very diversified, But when it came to deliver of these solutions we cam up short very short using unqualified people at times and never meet to completion date as expected. The mood and morale is at an all time low, and they have people heading departments with out experience.
Cons
negitive
Outstanding company with outstanding individuals
Learning Department Intern (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WINovember 14, 2012
CoreBTS was a wonderful experience. I learned much about the IT industry and got a chance to work in a training environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Core BTS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6