Core Lab Employee Reviews

RUN!!!
Core Analyst II/Project Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: possibilty for overtime
Cons: terrible work environment
They expect you to put your work ahead of your family. Their is no chance for advancement unless you are one of the chosen ones.
Not my cup of tea!
Petroleum Services Secretary (Former Employee), Houston TxJanuary 30, 2014
This was probably my least favorite job. I enjoyed my daily task and scheduling travel and trainings for overseas employees as well as monthly financial reports, but the environment was not that great
enjoyed the work but not the conditions.
C.N.C. Lathe Operator (Former Employee), Godley, TXMay 16, 2013
Pros: worked only 3 days oneweek and 4 days the other week
Cons: 12 hour days.very difficult to move up in position.
enjoyed the work environment and my co-workers.the shop was unhealthy.various toxic fumes and poor ventilation.the management did not address the concerns of the employees very well.thus they had very high turnover ratio.
Good Institute
Technical Staff (Current Employee), Torrance, CANovember 27, 2012
Pros: good pention
Cons: far from san diego, where my husband works
1) Manage 11 different project accounts and provide consultation to researchers
2) Involve in confocol microscopy in various projects, Train staff and provide consultations for applying confocol microscope and image data analysis.
3) Apply Q-PCR techniques to various projects with AQ (absolute quantification), RQ (relative quantification), and relative standard curve methods. Help staff design their Q-PCR experiment and analyze Q-PCR result.
4) Involve in various projects for next-generation sequencing by using Lumina HiSeq platform.
5) Involve in various projects on applying both Lazer Capture Microdissection (LCM) and Flow Cytometry. Provide support for applications and data analysis.
Press operator
Press Operator (Former Employee), Godley, TXSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: lots of overtime, machine shop transfer
Cons: explosive powders
I was a press operator. It was hard at first but then really easy cause you learn so much in so little of time. Gun powder can be scary at first but you get used to it.