The account manager serves as the primary relationship and business manager for one or more large customers who have established buying relationships with the Company, and leads the Company’s growth activities with those accounts. The account manager travels as necessary to accomplish stated objectives.
"Essential Duties and Responsibilities: "
1. Conduct business with the highest standards of ethical behavior and in compliance with Company rules and procedures.
2. Develop and nurture productive relationships within assigned account(s) to maximize the flow of information, create and capitalize on new business opportunities, and maintain profitable business.
3. Develop outstanding cross-functional working relationships with Company personnel at all levels.
4. Plan and prioritize sales activities and customer contacts to achieve agreed business targets, including revenue and profitability, while managing personal time and productivity.
5. Anticipate end of program events within assigned account(s) and identify new business opportunities to replace lost business and grow revenue at the account(s) at targeted rates.
6. Work to avoid commercial disputes. Resolve commercial issues that do develop, using a combination of fact-based analysis and skillful negotiation to achieve results favorable to the Company.
7. Oversee the Company’s timely response to customer requests for quote (RFQs), including gathering of relevant information, working with estimators and plant personnel, scheduling and leading quote reviews, completing cost breakdown sheets (transparencies) and preparing quote letters.
8. Develop and negotiate long-term customer contracts that support business objectives, and monitor Company and customer obligations to ensure stated commitments are met in a timely way.
9. Support new program launches by monitoring and actively participating in launch-related project planning, team meetings and production trials, leading those activities as necessary, to ensure each launch achieves 100% on-time and first-time PPAP approval.
10. Prepare sales action plans and schedules, coordinating cross-functionally with Company personnel.
11. Develop and deliver presentations of Company products and services in response to specific customer requests (e.g., technical, quality, economic), and proactively to develop new opportunities.
12. Learn and proactively communicate customer standards for suppliers to Company personnel.
13. Monitor profitability for assigned account(s) and recommend pricing action or other measures to improve profitability and meet business targets.
14. Use a variety of customer contact and activities tools and systems, and update relevant information held in these systems. Record, report, analyze and administer according to established requirements.
15. Monitor and report on market and competitor activities, and provide relevant reports and information.
16. When necessary, escalate problems to appropriate levels of Core management, balancing the need to avoid negative commercial consequences with a desire to protect peer relationships.
Required: (a) Four-year degree from an accredited college in an engineering, science or business discipline; or, equivalent work experience (at least 4 years relevant work with a concentration in manufacturing).
(b) Minimum 2 years experience selling engineered products with long ( >1 year) sales cycles to a manufacturing customer base.
(c) Minimum 2 years experience with one or more of the following:
a. Manufacturing floor supervision;
b. Product or tool design;
c. Quality engineering or supervision;
d. Cost accounting in a manufacturing environment.
Preferred: (a) M.S. degree in an engineering, science or business discipline; or, MBA degree.
(b) Minimum 4 years experience selling engineered products to multi-million, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) accounts.
"Skills and Knowledge Required: "
- Ability to influence and persuade others who are not direct reports.
- Highly competent writing skills, with the ability to prepare business letters and proposals summarizing complex issues.
- Understanding of profit and loss calculations and basic business finance (gross and variable margin concepts and calculations, depreciation, overhead expenses, capital investment, and “cost of money” concepts).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and long-range deadlines simultaneously.
- Capable of presenting a professional image of the Company, both in appearance and conduct.
- Proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Good organization skills and time management skills.
- Ability to complete work with a high degree of independence.
- Understanding of concepts related to nested Bills of Materials, engineering blueprints, tolerancing and inspection schemes, and the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Ability to learn and use computer applications including: email, MRP/ERP, web-enabled databases.
- Familiarity with and ability to use CAD software (ProE, AutoCAD, Unigraphics, CATIA or similar) to review part designs and determine key manufacturing implications of product design.
Indeed - 13 months ago