CORE PHYSICIANS Employee Reviews

A typical day at work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHAugust 26, 2017
Staff is underpaid , over worked, under appreciated by senior administration.

Staff culture among co workers is good team support within practices, decent benefits that are comparable to other organizations.

Core is top heavy with management, directors and senior management members who support each other but not the hourly staff which is has been the culture for many years.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Pay, employee match for 403B, lack of respect for the hourly employee
Worst job experience of my life
Certified Medical Assistant/MOC (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHMay 22, 2017
Core Physicians is a horrible place to work, the office atmosphere is tense with employees backstabbing you every chance they get. The manager I worked for was awful and criticizing, never a pat on the back for a job well done, but always finding fault under the guise of "helping you to improve". The manager played favorites also. Worked there for 1 year and never had any good experiences.
Productive and nice place to work
MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNMay 4, 2017
A typical day was filing medical records and pulling the records for the doctors for the next day. At times, we had to go to the doctors' offices to search for a file. Clean files up as needed and shredded unneeded paper work. We made copies of the patient medical records per the patient and other facilities. Management was nice to work for. Each person knew their job to make things go smoothly. The hardest part of the job was that there were five people in a small records room and from time to time would get in each others way. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that medical/drug reps would bring in breakfast and lunch for everyone.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunches, nice surroundings with friendly people
Cons
on your feet all day
Great
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMarch 11, 2017
Great place to work but does not meet salary expectations. Hours are convenient, current supervisor is good, benefits are good but you must stay in network to have good benefits
Easy going, relaxed atmosphere.
Phlebotomy Externship (Former Employee) –  Epping, NHOctober 13, 2016
That description fits both the workplace, and the clientele. The staff was capable and willing to train. The patients were warm and receptive, even to a new student.
Pros
Not fast paced. Rural setting.
Cons
Distance to travel to get to work--but not a bad commute.
Healthcare field with very poor management.
Medical Office Coordinator Lead/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampton, NHAugust 31, 2016
A typical day at work was rooming patients, learning about new medications and training patients on how to administer them. I would order diagnostic testing and assist the Endocrinologist with U/S and biopsies. Daily prescriptions and telephone triage were part of my daily responsibilities. The hardest part of my job was trying to do everyone else's jobs along with my own. My co-workers were not self sufficient and they seemed to depend on me a lot. I like being a team player but do not appreciate being taken advantage of.
When there were problems in our office and we asked for direction, our management always put things on the backburner. I always enjoyed working with our patients and getting to know them and their families.
Pros
Patient care
Cons
Not being appreciated for all the good things we do
Fast paced
Medical Assistant, CCMA (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHJune 11, 2016
Typical day of work is very fast paced however, the day flies by when you have a great team you're working with.

Intaking patients, documenting in EMR, great mix of kids and adults.
Pros
great benefits, flexible hours, decent pay
Cons
lack of lower level leadership
Great experience, great doctors
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kingston, NHOctober 12, 2015
Fast paced, multi-task. Managed immunizations and inventory, as well as Physician's schedule. Great office with great support staff.
Extremely busy and understaffed
Medical Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plaistow Health, Plaistow NHMarch 13, 2015
I never called out or used any unplanned time off. We checked in, checked out, collected copayments for over one hundred patients per day with two people at the front desk. We scheduled appointments and processed referrals and helped patients with their billing questions.
Fast paced and super fun place to work .
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNFebruary 20, 2015
Constant on the go testing and exams...great Doctors and well skilled coworkers...loved meeting new people and being able to be a part of helping to make these patients feel better and take care of them. Gained lots of experience in customer service and and various testing and exams..Excellent staff of Doctors to work for and were always willing to help and teach.
Fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia , TNNovember 13, 2012
I hate that they down sized and was laid off. I really enjoyed going to work. Everyone so nice and caring about each other.
Pros
lunch catered by reps
Cons
laid off
Great place to work ( far as patients go)
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNSeptember 5, 2012
I miss my patients here. My typical day consist of triaging, and waiting to get Dr.'s orders. I would do things from pre admitting, to injections. I love the job. I stayed very busy in this facility.
Pros
free lunches from the reps and birthday is considered an holiday after employed six months
Cons
no raises
It was a very pleasant work environment. Loved working in Pediatrics again
Medical Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHMay 8, 2012
Unfortunately I wasn't able to stay long as my Mother was diagnosed with C.O.P.D and emphysema and need total care. I worked nights to stay with her during the day. My sister worked days to stay with her at night. We lost her in 2010, which has put a damper on my job search efforts. I am back now and ready to work!
Pros
pleasant work environment
Cons
sometimes had to cut our lunches short, due to patient overflow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CORE PHYSICIANS. Our community is ready to answer.