Core Properties LLC, a Columbus, Ohio based real estate private equity firm, is seeking a full-time General Office / Accounting Administrator.
Core Properties is seeking an experienced administrative professional who is interested in providing quality support to our team of professionals. This permanent position offers an excellent opportunity for an outstanding candidate with a positive attitude and desire to work for a growing, entrepreneurial organization.
The Administrator will report to the Controller and be responsible for functions related to accounts payable (A/P), accounts receivable (A/R), invoicing, general accounting procedures, file maintenance and providing administrative support.
- Prepare and maintain closing binders for new properties
- Assist with regulatory compliance for investor and vendor files
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail
- Prepare outgoing mail
- Answer phones as necessary and route
- Faxing, scanning and copying of documents
- Maintain office filing and storage systems
- Type documents, reports and correspondence
- Organize travel arrangements for office personnel
- Coordinate and organize appointments and meetings for office personnel
- Monitor corporate office vendor contracts
- Maintain office equipment, office supplies & kitchen supplies
- Interface with IT vendors for computers and phone system
- Assist with YARDI Systems Investment Management and Property Management Software Tasks:
- Post and track asset management fees for the Investment Portfolio
- Print Monthly and Quarterly Financial Reports for the Investment Portfolio
- Maintenance of A/R and A/P for the corporate office and Managed Portfolio– entering invoices, ensuring timely payment to vendors, create and disperse monthly invoices
- A/P for the Investment Portfolio
- Set up and maintenance of properties, tenant leases and vendors for Managed Portfolio
- Prepare deposits and take to bank
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Associates degree in related field (real estate / finance / accounting) required, Bachelors preferred
- 3-5 years relevant previous office experience required
- YARDI Systems software experience preferred
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong internet skills
- High degree of initiative and keen sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow direction
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem solving ability
- Strong attention to detail
- Ethical, mature and dependable
- Positive and enthusiastic
Qualified candidate must submit to fingerprinting and a background check, and possess a valid driver’s license.
All interested candidates must provide a resume, cover letter, and salary history to be considered.
Core provides access to quality investments for institutional investors, family offices, money managers, and high net worth individuals. A key component of the firm’s investment philosophy is to partner with best-in-class developers and operators that add value through their expertise within a particular segment of real estate. The Firm’s focus is to develop a portfolio of high-quality real estate assets with the potential to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns to their investors. The firm currently has investments in the following real estate segments: multifamily, student housing, medical office, hotels and retail.