CoreFirst Bank & Trust Employee Reviews in United States

Not a good company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 3, 2016
Trainning is not great and the customer service is not friendly and not trained well and dance around the answer, Cannot answer questions correctly,

Managment is not informed when needed. It feels like the employees are not happy to work there, There really no friendlyness there it get them in and out as quickly as possible.
Pros
No pros
Cons
knowledge, friendlness, and available.
Not a good place to work
Phone bank representative (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSDecember 7, 2015
I have had 3 really bad jobs working for bad employers before and working at Core First was one of them. I worked in their call center and about every 6th call (on average) I received throughout a typical day was a verbally abusive, belligerent customer. Managements attitude was "well, its part of the job and you just have to deal with it"...... Hmmm, well, NOT ME, I wasn't paid enough to put up with verbally abusive customers. No understanding or support from management, in regards to fielding calls like that in the call center. Managements stance was "the customer is always right", WRONG. The customer is not always right when I am being cussed out on the phone on a day to day basis because they are mad that their account is overdrawn, or the bank did this or that to them, ect. Needless to say, I worked there less than a year before finding a great job that I enjoy. So, if you want to deal with rude complaining customers daily; non caring management; big bank, good ole boy mentality then a job at Core First is just the job for you, especially in their call center.
Pros
Cons
Billigerent/rude customers, management, pay
Collections Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 18, 2014
Great People and work environment. Benefits could be better, but are not terrible either.
Pros
great environment
benefits
A Place to Watch Out For
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 23, 2014
When my employment began, I thought that I would be able to advance quickly. However, hiring limitations were put on my manager. We never had enough associates for the branch, so my manager and I, as well as another employee, had the responsibility of being the main ones to run the branch, with rarely any kind of reprieve. Therefore, my attempts to learn more in order to advance were severely hampered. I also felt that there was a lot of favoritism with the employees.
Na
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 28, 2013
CoreFirst is a small bank with a strong background. They vaule their employees. They did not offer much help to the Denver Team for success.
mediocre.no upside.troubled.denial of serious problems
emperors manservant (Former Employee) –  dreamvilleApril 16, 2013
A family owned bank finally forced by a 21 UK loss to bring in an outside CEO...an able exec...but bank officers have burned a or of bridges the bad deals will seek them out...and retail nippers..subprime auto paper...capable people run into the ground by bad mgt...cue rep...speed wagon
Cons
everything
Very ethical company with a sound management structure.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJanuary 8, 2013
CoreFirst Bank and Trust can be commended for how their employees are treated. Training is current, ongoing, and mandatory. The managers are compassionate and encouraging, and the sales team do their best to support one another. However, compensation is lacking, especially in the form of benefits, and there is virtually no opportunity for advancement.

The most difficult part of the job is trying to sell the bank and make our brand known with no marketing support from the home office in Topeka, Kansas.

The most enjoyable part of the job are my coworkers and my customers. CoreFirst Bank and Trust customers are very loyal and easy to develop friendships with. I do enjoy the daily interaction with my customers.