CoreFirst Bank & Trust Employee Reviews

Great company, even better people!
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSMay 11, 2017
I started working part time at CoreFirst in college, and I've been able to advance up through different positions. The training is great, and the opportunities are plentiful. I feel so loyal to CoreFirst for the way that I've been treated and the advancement that I've been able to achieve. The people that work here are wonderful, and the customers are so friendly. Of course, in customer service, not every customer is happy, but I tried to make everyone leave happy. Great bank! Great coworkers! Great customers!
Pros
Friendly environment, challenging and fulfilling work, loyal customers
Local Business with Great Community Reputation
CoreFirst Employee (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSMay 11, 2017
CoreFirst Bank & Trust is a local company that has been around for over 50 years. The employees are respectful, and the environment is family like. The company will often promote from within. Many members of senior management started as tellers and grew within the company. The most enjoyable part of working at CoreFirst are the people - both the employees and the loyal customers.
Pros
Free on-site yoga classes, on-site chair massages, wellness program, stable work hours, great company values, advancement and training opportunity
Cons
Slightly more turnover in the teller area, due to advancement within the company, or due to moving on from their part-time work
Employees are friendly and nice.
Item Processing and Lock Box Clerk (Current Employee) –  Main BankMarch 23, 2017
The company itself is a good place to work. I personally don't have to work with the public so that is nice. The other employees are very nice and friendly and will help you if you need anything.
Enjoyable environment
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 28, 2016
Learned basic customer service skills. Good co-workers. Room for advancement. Stressful some days. Learn good money-handling skills.
Not a good company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 3, 2016
Trainning is not great and the customer service is not friendly and not trained well and dance around the answer, Cannot answer questions correctly,

Managment is not informed when needed. It feels like the employees are not happy to work there, There really no friendlyness there it get them in and out as quickly as possible.
Pros
No pros
Cons
knowledge, friendlness, and available.
Not a good place to work
Phone bank representative (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSDecember 7, 2015
I have had 3 really bad jobs working for bad employers before and working at Core First was one of them. I worked in their call center and about every 6th call (on average) I received throughout a typical day was a verbally abusive, belligerent customer. Managements attitude was "well, its part of the job and you just have to deal with it"...... Hmmm, well, NOT ME, I wasn't paid enough to put up with verbally abusive customers. No understanding or support from management, in regards to fielding calls like that in the call center. Managements stance was "the customer is always right", WRONG. The customer is not always right when I am being cussed out on the phone on a day to day basis because they are mad that their account is overdrawn, or the bank did this or that to them, ect. Needless to say, I worked there less than a year before finding a great job that I enjoy. So, if you want to deal with rude complaining customers daily; non caring management; big bank, good ole boy mentality then a job at Core First is just the job for you, especially in their call center.
Pros
Cons
Billigerent/rude customers, management, pay
Collections Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 18, 2014
Great People and work environment. Benefits could be better, but are not terrible either.
Pros
Great Environment
Benefits
A Place to Watch Out For
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 23, 2014
When my employment began, I thought that I would be able to advance quickly. However, hiring limitations were put on my manager. We never had enough associates for the branch, so my manager and I, as well as another employee, had the responsibility of being the main ones to run the branch, with rarely any kind of reprieve. Therefore, my attempts to learn more in order to advance were severely hampered. I also felt that there was a lot of favoritism with the employees.
love, love, love
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Emporia, ksSeptember 24, 2013
This is the best place I have ever worked and without a doubt would still be there if I hadn't moved. :(
Na
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 28, 2013
CoreFirst is a small bank with a strong background. They vaule their employees. They did not offer much help to the Denver Team for success.
mediocre.no upside.troubled.denial of serious problems
emperors manservant (Former Employee) –  dreamvilleApril 16, 2013
A family owned bank finally forced by a 21 UK loss to bring in an outside CEO...an able exec...but bank officers have burned a or of bridges the bad deals will seek them out...and retail nippers..subprime auto paper...capable people run into the ground by bad mgt...cue rep...speed wagon
Cons
everything