CoreLogic Employee Reviews

Amazing environment
Operation Analyst - Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2017
Excellent company to start you career with, fun working environment and very helpful coworkers and seniors. I would begin my day with some work, then there is a meeting, in which we review the work given so far. There is a ping pong game break every now and then. Fridays are the best, less work load, amazing lunch , a very good start for the weekend. Usually work environment is pretty good, not a lot of pressure. I learned a lot, as I am a fresher, this company helped me learn a lot of skills and gave me a lot of confidence.
Pros
great environment
Cons
Far from home
Bottom Feeding Appraisal Management Company
Real Estate Appraiser (Current Employee) –  Texas and MinnesotaJuly 17, 2017
One of the worst AMCs to work for as a Real Estate Appraiser. CoreLogic charges their borrowers $600, for eg. $600 is a lot of money! However, as one of their appraisers I may be lucky to get $300 of borrower paid $600 (50%). CoreLogic does nothing for their $300, while Im doing all their work and incurring all liability should a home loan go bad. Homeowners/Borrowers (Wells Fargo and Bank of America), BE AWARE that CoreLogic does not value Expertise, instead they value low-cost, bottom feeder, fast and cheap Appraisers. The company is only concerned with their bottom-line, stock price, and their Board's annual bonuses.

Bank of America and Wells Fargo Refinance Purchase Appraisal Appraiser
Pros
Self-Righteous, Predictable Behavior
Cons
Everything & Anything, Cottage Industry Nonsense, Buyer Beware, Wells Fargo, Bank Of America, Appraisal
No advancement opportunities unless you are a developer
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 16, 2017
Most of the management there is nice and fun to work with.
Workplace culture is always positive.
The hardest part of the job is being able to advance within the company.
Loved the perks like free lunches. Company gatherings outside of work.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Healthcare, no advancment
A mix of good and bad
Senior Professional, Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 16, 2017
CoreLogic has several campuses spread out through the world. So looking at one review isn't going to give you a picture of how it is to work at the company. CoreLogic is made up of a bunch of acquisitions that all have different cultures. There are favored organizations that seem to have a much looser leash. You and your organization can do a really good job, but feel punished because things aren't going great across the entire company. They do a lot of things related to the mortgage and real estate engineer. If you find a good organization and team, you'll do well there. They have options for advancement and also lateral moves in the company.

The things I don't like is that because they're heavily audited, heavily regulated, the entire network is tightly locked down. You won't be able to surf on a break. You won't be able to stream music. Some of the offices are open layout. Some are cubicle farms. They like to prefer contractors to FTEs. So it is hard sometimes to have a team full of really good people. There is a lot of annoying common-sense training you have to go through because of all the compliance the company is required to do.

The things I like about CoreLogic is the work-life balance. Basically you work your 40 and you go home. My job isn't on-call, I'm not expected to monitor my email after work hours. And the few times I've tried to work extra, team-mates or my boss have told me to go home.
Pros
great work-life balance
Cons
sometimes feel penny-wise, pound-foolish
Good but not great
OPERATIONS SPECIALIST, SR (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 12, 2017
The pay is under industry but the people are great. The company seems to have an unsure future, opting to cut annual raises (which were small to begin with) to ensure "organic growth". Wish there was more room for advancement.
The Company- remote work
Data Acquisition Researcher (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 12, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. Because I worked from home, there was no real contact with the company or other employees. Sadly I was let go from this company after 4+ years of service, without the slightest warning that this was coming. Just very disappointed in the way it was done.
Pros
Freedom to get work done without alot of supervision
Cons
lack of communication
Fun place to work
P/R Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 10, 2017
I worked for 2.5 years for the company and it was great at the beginning but when the management changed it went downhill. The new managers could not keep up with the company culture and if reflected on the department as well.
Pros
Fun place to work at the begining
Cons
Company culture became worse and wrose as the managers changed.
Desk Job
Disputes Processor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 8, 2017
The time I was here, there were many layoffs and temps. It took a couple years for me to become a permanent employee. Though perm, I did not feel quite safe (as in job security) nor did I know I could advance in that company.
Solid workers and decent management.
DIRECTOR - GLOBAL MORTGAGE SALES (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 7, 2017
Company has many verticals and products. CoreLogic makes many acquisitions and is the largest in the business by far in many of these verticals. Company is very focused on earnings to Wall Street.
Pros
Office Location, fair compensation
Cons
Large company and lots of moving parts
good company overall
Consumer Relations Rep (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 4, 2017
god company not a lot of advancement good company that has a lot of departments but no wage increases and no other opportunities at this time buy a good co
Good company
Tax Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 28, 2017
multiple different jobs and positions available. wide variety of locations for people to work at. benefits begin right away. flexible scheduling and good vacation policy
Above average work environment
Associate, Technical Services (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 26, 2017
The work environment is above average but could be better. The company as with all publicly traded companies rolls with the market & as such job stability isn't its stronger point.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, friendly people.
Cons
Job stability is not the best.
Eh
Senior Consumer Disputes Processor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 25, 2017
I mean it's mostly fine, but every day they get more and more corporate and care less and less about their employees. It used to be a lot of fun, but if you're not part of upper management, they literally could not care less about you or any of your issues.
It used to be good place
Lead Mortgage analytics Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2017
it was fast degenerated into a non tech env in last two years.
new management has a typical shop floor mind set and not suitable for a high tech business.
Pros
flexibility in work hours depends on team and manager
Cons
many to list
Stressful atmosphere for past 6 years
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 21, 2017
Too many changes made when company was separated from parent company six years ago causing stress with many people being laid off and others leaving because their jobs changed so much. Mismanagement also contributed to loss of customers.
Pros
close to home
Great people to work with
Client Service Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 20, 2017
Lots of opportunity for growth, the people are all mainly great to work with. Upper management is great, will generally listen to questions and concerns. There is some favoritism, though.
Horrible Place
Advisory Solutions Delivery Associate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 19, 2017
If you are seeking employment, where Managers behave like spoil kids, and retaliation is the only way they are able to get even, take my spot. HR is afraid of doing their jobs as well
Under a 6 months contract so job security was a factor
Data Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXJune 19, 2017
Doing research to make the owner of the property was indeed still the owner of the property before we push case for assistants from FEMA due to serve weather damage.
Horrible upper-level management
Software Architect (Consultant → Employee) (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 15, 2017
Great co-workers, immediate management and interesting problems, but total lack of vision at the top and single concern on the bottom line make CL a difficult place to work.

It was hurry, hurry to get the product developed (you have to spec out their idea) then when you get it done--oops, we blew it, the market changed and the product is no longer needed. Unbelievably, this happened to most products I worked on.

Outsourcing IT was a huge mistake.
Pros
Great co-workers and interesting work
Cons
Penny-wise, pound foolish
i love my co-workers
Senior Associate, Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2017
I love my job and I love what I do, my co-workers and peers are great and almost like family but the compensation isn't where it should and I sometimes question the decisions that management makes. The culture here has started to diminish because of some major changes and the hardest part about my job right now is the unknown. The most enjoyable part is traveling and providing assistance to all my new hires. I love to get a feel for new and different personalities.
Pros
peers, job duties
Cons
compensation, no direct career growth plan.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CoreLogic. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7