Pros: flexibility, respectable work environment, travel, approachable and transparent senior and executive management, benefits
Cons: low salaries, board decisions, workforce reduction for savings, tuition reimbursement options, location, industry
I began at First American simply looking for a job to pay my bills. I quickly recognized the opportunity to create a career for myself. Although my tenure there was cut short due to reduction in force, The seven and a half years I spent with First American/CoreLogic truly helped me to hone my professional and personal skills that allow me to contribute – more... excellence to any organization.
Being a proponenet of a balanced, conducive work day, a typical work day might be from home or a remote site, or in the office. My daily routine duties included but were not limited to:
* Inventory reports for finance and licensing
* Inventory audits of networking hardware and software
* organizing and proctoring meetings
* project planning and management for my team and intra-department tasks
* time/skill management for myself and my peers/subordinates
* Microsoft True Up planning, executables and reporting
* various ad hoc reports and data analysis for supported departments and clients
My direct and senior management recognized my drive, tenacity and work ethic early on and therefore were constantly encouraging me to strive for excellence as well as promotion within the company.
I maintained a healthy and positive work and personal relationship with my co-workers as well as my subordinates.
The hardest part of the job was the pressure to be 100% accurate. My direct manager lived by the motto: ACCURACY, ACCURACY, ACCURACY! As an inventory and compliance manager, that is the true testament of a job well done.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the respect I received due to my exceptional work product and the flexible schedule. – less