CoreMedical Group Employee Reviews in United States

False Front
Traveling Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2016
Many employees leave due the poor and abusive culture. There is no work/life balance, and an atmosphere of two faced double talk, awash in favoritism and manipulations. It is a sales company, the needs of the traveling health care professionals are not a priority, and everyone is considered replaceable. Stay away unless you want you job to become your life. The yearly trip is really for the recruiters, though sold as a reward for the nurses and therapists. They will say anything to get you take the travel assignment, not to be trusted.
Pros
tax free...if you pay for the expensice housing they find for you
Cons
Dishonesty, unreliable, uncommunicative if you need them.
I enjoy working for Core Medical Group
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHNovember 18, 2015
This travel agency is amazing. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Other nurses I ave met that work for core are educated and very professional. .I enjoy working for this company. They answer questions i ask in a quick and efficient manner they are willing to take the time needed to help an y way they can with assisting in finding new placements for their employees, with housing and travel. They are easy to reach when you need them.
Pay was good but recruiter was deceptive in promises made
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  NHOctober 18, 2015
Don't trust them to find good housing. Found cheapest place that was a dump for more than one employee in the area. Put us in an area where drug deals went down in the parking lot. Only want to send you to the coldest places on earth. I got a "sorry, we don't have anything in that area but would you like to go to New Hampshire? Or Vermont.
Pros
Good pay if you can get placed
Cons
No help with housing
Enjoyed my assignments in Massachusetts
LVN travel nurse (Former Employee) –  Windham, NHJune 10, 2015
I enjoyed my assignments and for one of two of my assignments, I had a really nice condo,The other assignment was enjoyable, housing wasn't as nice. I enjoyed both nursing assignments in sub-acute settings and it was a positive experience both personally and professionally.
Pros
Getting to work in new settings and learning.
Cons
Not as many opportunities to travel now as a LVN
Excellent Recruiter
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHApril 15, 2015
I have an amazing recruiter who takes the time to build a rapport relationship with me. She checks up on me every week to see how I am doing and if I need any assistant. She is efficient with follow ups and will go that extra mile to answer my questions. Although it is a travel agency and we are coast to coast apart, I still feel very comfortable expressing my needs and thoughts. Management and my recruiter work very hard to meet my needs as an RN who does local assignments.
Pros
Medical benefits, OT pay
Cons
no sick pay, no vacation pay, no end of assignment bonuses
Good company
Travel Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHApril 4, 2015
I have traveled with this company for a year now and I it has been a great experience. As a nurse I like being able to choose where I travel, where I work and ultimately where I live. Wonderful experience for someone feeling closed in and stagnant.
Pros
most locations in the Northeast
Cons
Weekly pay, great recruiter support
average everything
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJanuary 15, 2015
Was middle of the road, average pay, average assignments. Recruiter was ok until I had some life problems then he dumped me.
Pros
weekly
Cons
housing options
Fantastic company to work for
Rgistered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 21, 2014
I am very pleased with core medical group and the jobs I am submitted for.
Fun Workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHSeptember 8, 2014
This is my moms company so I have grown up with many of the employees there. They are my family.

I am basically the "go-to" girl.
Pros
free breakfast and lunches every other week
Hard working and caring nurse
Travel nurse (Former Employee) –  MAAugust 28, 2014
I have enjoyed to opputunity to work with core medical group. It is time for me to focus on getting into RN School. So will be going back to WA to complete school.
Pros
supportive staff. many travel area's
Cons
na
Great travel nurse agency
Travel LPN (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHAugust 9, 2014
Found me an assignment in Hawaii and immediately able to place me in Vermont with no down time between assignments.
Pros
great compensation, great assignments
Cons
employee pays travel expenses up front, change in recruiter-new recruiter not helpful
It's a good company to work with
Occupational Therapy (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 7, 2014
I think I am very lucky. It's my recruiter that makes me feel this company is a good company to work with. My recruiter tried to give me higher pay compares to other companies at the same position, and my pay is also higher compares to someone from other company who is more experienced than me.

She really cares about "me", not like other recruiters, who tried to take advantages from me. ( I have 4 recruiters in my life so far, some recruiters will trick you professionally, but the one from coremedical group she won't try to trick you. ) She tries very hard to find the job which suits me, and make sure I like the job location before she submits my resume.

She called me a lot and make sure I like the position, and everything goes well. And I never have problem with my paycheck, always pay on time with accurate amount.

And for my contract, I have to end it early without choice because something happened. She helped me a lot to get out of the contract without any penalty.

Highly recommend my recruiter, and this company.
Pros
recruiter is honest and helpful
Cons
n/a for me
Great support staff and varied assignments
SLP (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 27, 2014
I have over 17 years of experience and began Travel therapy as an SLP last year. I have really enjoyed the work opportunities and positive support from the recruiter. I look forward to more assignments in new areas where I can explore. I recently worked in Alaska!
Pros
varied work settings; pay; benefits
Cons
contract work
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant, Team Leader, Travel Services (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHApril 7, 2014
I enjoyed helping the sales teams and travelers in everyday tasks.
Traveled the country while working
Full Time Travel Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 20, 2014
Enjoyed the opportunities that Core Medical Group provided me to follow my pursuit of traveling while advancing in my career in the process.
Pros
pay, experience, travel, benefits
Cons
stressful, relocation
Excellent support staff
Traveling Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 29, 2014
I worked as a travel therapist in multiple outpatient and SNF settings as the sole DPT.
Core medical group is a fair company to work for.
core medical group (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHNovember 17, 2013
At Core Medical group I was a travel nurse who did Home Health Care.
i was not very impressed with my recruiter
RN (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAOctober 26, 2013
my recruiter didn't keep in contact with me as much as i would have liked. he was not very understanding.
Dedicated to find the best placement for travel assignments.
Speech and Language Therapist (Current Employee) –  Macon, MOOctober 19, 2013
Working with Core has been an all aroung good experience. The only reason I rated them 4 stars with job security is because it is the nature of contract work. However, I do feel they went the extra mile to find contracts for me. They also ensured I was comfortable with living arrangements and facility placement.
Core Medical is a Travel Nurse Compay who arranges job assignments at different hospitals and clinics.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHSeptember 23, 2013
I work as a travel Nurse in a PACU . A typical day for me is receiving patients from the OR some come wide awake and some come into the PACU with a oral air way in or nasal trumpet in. I make sure that they are breathing okay, circulation is okay, blood pressure okay and dressing okay. I manage them until they are awake and can make needs known. I also manage pain and nausea before sending them to the floor or to Phase 2.
I leaned the Epic computer system. I also have learned about new surgical procedures that I have not taken care of before.
My co-workers have been great. They helped me learn the computer system since it was relatively still new to me. They were knowledgeable and passed on the information to me if I had any questions. The hardest part of my job was just find things and learning everyone name. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all the different people and working with different cultures.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CoreMedical Group. Our community is ready to answer.