CoreMedical Group Employee Reviews

travel
Travel home health nurse (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 6, 2017
fun travel job. You get to go all over to different places. You stay for 3 months at a time. You get paid for housing , and mileage. It is great to make so many connections.
Pros
travel
Cons
living in hotels gets old
Great Travel Agency
LPN (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 6, 2017
Your recruiter will work hard to find an assignment that best works for you and assist you with any issues that may arise while on assignment. There is always someone on call to assist with any issues that may arise while on assignment.
0 work life balance
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 2, 2017
Multiple employees were all told that we should not see our families and kill any enjoyment we find in life. Anything outside of work is a distraction to work and was expected to work 70 hours a week.
Pros
Free lunches, alcohol
Cons
Work life balance, management, toxic enviornment
March 17, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at Core and have shared your comments with our management team. While we do hold our recruiters to certain metrics and standards, we also strive to create a work-life balance where each employee can thrive.

Fun enviornment/Management needs work
Payroll Coordinator/Sr Sales Asst (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHFebruary 10, 2017
Great compensation and advancement.
Management needs to be revamped. Most are family members in manager positions without the qualifications. Lots of bad language in the Sales rooms, unprofessional behavior. Several co-workers who have left the company have complained about assaults, verbal harassment, and belittling.
Pros
Advancement and pay
Cons
Management, unethical practices
February 21, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We have shared your comments with our management team and take your concerns regarding unprofessional behavior very seriously.

Good first 4 assignments with this company
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLFebruary 6, 2017
I've traveled for many years and had never used this company. They are professional, experienced and other than recruiter acting like a car salesman - when I already know what I'm doing, it has been a great work experience.
Pros
Senior recruiter, great assignment.
Cons
Next opportunities not offering enough $ to afford housing. :(

Comment – February 7, 2017

Did want to mention I believe it crazy that the hourly pay goes down if you accept the insurance. For example your hourly rate is $15.00/hour but $13.00/hour if you take insurance, plus the deduction of the insurance.....Recruiter said "Well you don't expect us to pay for it do you?" I tried to explain you already say you pick up a portion - instead of paying less hourly, just let us know the true costs of insurance and if we should decide to use it, we will know the true cost we are paying. I'd love to know how that makes sense. Maybe one day someone will explain it to me. I have worked for MANY agencies - none had this practice. This would be a "Cons" - though I loved the company they put me with! and overall every single person I dealt with at Core was very kind and professional.

Tough place to excel
Travel Nursing Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHNovember 16, 2016
Metrics driven. Its all about the numbers. If you can cold call all day and close deals this is the place for you. If you are slow to learn they might kick you to the curb.
November 21, 2016

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at Core. While we do hold our recruiters to certain metrics and standards, we also strive to provide our staff with the training and support they need to succeed, including an in-depth month long training program for new hires and ongoing mentorship.

caring and productive inviroment to work in
Methadone Counselor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 19, 2016
caring and educational place to work, population, low income, alcohol and drugs population, white collar, blue collar works, homeless. Providing counseling, housing, mental health, daily intakes of counseling sessions.
False Front
Traveling Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2016
Many employees leave due the poor and abusive culture. There is no work/life balance, and an atmosphere of two faced double talk, awash in favoritism and manipulations. It is a sales company, the needs of the traveling health care professionals are not a priority, and everyone is considered replaceable. Stay away unless you want you job to become your life. The yearly trip is really for the recruiters, though sold as a reward for the nurses and therapists. They will say anything to get you take the travel assignment, not to be trusted.
Pros
tax free...if you pay for the expensice housing they find for you
Cons
Dishonesty, unreliable, uncommunicative if you need them.

Comment – May 6, 2016

To the person who submitted this review: our management has been notified of your concerns and they wish to help. Please contact our Vice President of Healthcare Travel Services Aram Hampoian at your earliest convenience so your concerns can be addressed directly. His phone # is 800-995-2673 x1316 and his email is Aram.Hampoian@coremedicalgroup.com. Thank you!

I enjoy working for Core Medical Group
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHNovember 18, 2015
This travel agency is amazing. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Other nurses I ave met that work for core are educated and very professional. .I enjoy working for this company. They answer questions i ask in a quick and efficient manner they are willing to take the time needed to help an y way they can with assisting in finding new placements for their employees, with housing and travel. They are easy to reach when you need them.
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHOctober 20, 2015
I worked for this company on one travel assignment. I don't have much to say other than they sent me to the company where I currently work.
Pay was good but recruiter was deceptive in promises made
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  NHOctober 18, 2015
Don't trust them to find good housing. Found cheapest place that was a dump for more than one employee in the area. Put us in an area where drug deals went down in the parking lot. Only want to send you to the coldest places on earth. I got a "sorry, we don't have anything in that area but would you like to go to New Hampshire? Or Vermont.
Pros
Good pay if you can get placed
Cons
No help with housing
Enjoyed my assignments in Massachusetts
LVN travel nurse (Former Employee) –  Windham, NHJune 10, 2015
I enjoyed my assignments and for one of two of my assignments, I had a really nice condo,The other assignment was enjoyable, housing wasn't as nice. I enjoyed both nursing assignments in sub-acute settings and it was a positive experience both personally and professionally.
Pros
Getting to work in new settings and learning.
Cons
Not as many opportunities to travel now as a LVN
Excellent Recruiter
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHApril 15, 2015
I have an amazing recruiter who takes the time to build a rapport relationship with me. She checks up on me every week to see how I am doing and if I need any assistant. She is efficient with follow ups and will go that extra mile to answer my questions. Although it is a travel agency and we are coast to coast apart, I still feel very comfortable expressing my needs and thoughts. Management and my recruiter work very hard to meet my needs as an RN who does local assignments.
Pros
Medical benefits, OT pay
Cons
no sick pay, no vacation pay, no end of assignment bonuses
Good company
Travel Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHApril 4, 2015
I have traveled with this company for a year now and I it has been a great experience. As a nurse I like being able to choose where I travel, where I work and ultimately where I live. Wonderful experience for someone feeling closed in and stagnant.
Pros
most locations in the Northeast
Cons
Weekly pay, great recruiter support
average everything
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJanuary 15, 2015
Was middle of the road, average pay, average assignments. Recruiter was ok until I had some life problems then he dumped me.
Pros
weekly
Cons
housing options
Fantastic company to work for
Rgistered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 21, 2014
I am very pleased with core medical group and the jobs I am submitted for.
Fun Workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHSeptember 8, 2014
This is my moms company so I have grown up with many of the employees there. They are my family.

I am basically the "go-to" girl.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunches every other week
Hard working and caring nurse
Travel nurse (Former Employee) –  MAAugust 28, 2014
I have enjoyed to opputunity to work with core medical group. It is time for me to focus on getting into RN School. So will be going back to WA to complete school.
Pros
supportive staff. Many travel area's
Cons
Na
Great travel nurse agency
Travel LPN (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHAugust 9, 2014
Found me an assignment in Hawaii and immediately able to place me in Vermont with no down time between assignments.
Pros
Great compensation, great assignments
Cons
Employee pays travel expenses up front, change in recruiter-new recruiter not helpful
It's a good company to work with
Occupational Therapy (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 7, 2014
I think I am very lucky. It's my recruiter that makes me feel this company is a good company to work with. My recruiter tried to give me higher pay compares to other companies at the same position, and my pay is also higher compares to someone from other company who is more experienced than me.

She really cares about "me", not like other recruiters, who tried to take advantages from me. ( I have 4 recruiters in my life so far, some recruiters will trick you professionally, but the one from coremedical group she won't try to trick you. ) She tries very hard to find the job which suits me, and make sure I like the job location before she submits my resume.

She called me a lot and make sure I like the position, and everything goes well. And I never have problem with my paycheck, always pay on time with accurate amount.

And for my contract, I have to end it early without choice because something happened. She helped me a lot to get out of the contract without any penalty.

Highly recommend my recruiter, and this company.
Pros
recruiter is honest and helpful
Cons
N/A for me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CoreMedical Group. Our community is ready to answer.