CoreMedical Group Employee Reviews

Good professionalism
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 18, 2017
Good employer , they care about job satisfaction and personal welfare of their travel staff. Good work / family balance depending on the placement facility but CMG holds their end well.
Ok place to work
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Windham, NHJuly 29, 2017
They give a lot of perks which is a good thing. Recruiters are helpful but know nothing about the health field. Would consider working for them again in another setting.
the job I was placed in was very stressful
Labor and Delivery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMJuly 25, 2017
Core did not find out everything about the contract before I went there. My recruiter did not know what was going on with the job or client. the contract from start to finish was a disaster. I felt like I was not wanted or needed by the staff. I was not oriented properly.
Pros
Cons
Staff did not like new nurses joining their staff
July 31, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not feel fully prepared for your new contract and have shared your comments with our management team. Please contact our Vice President of Healthcare Travel Services Aram Hampoian at your earliest convenience so your concerns can be addressed directly. His phone number is 800-995-2673 x1316 and his email is Aram.Hampoian@coremedicalgroup.com. Thank you!

Very good.
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 23, 2017
Maura is an awesome recruiter. I appreciate all that I learn in all settings and look forward to many more positive experiences. The most enjoyable part of the job are the patients.
Wonderful environment to work for
LPN (Current Employee) –  Arcadia Nursing Home, Coolville OhioJune 14, 2017
I am currently working for Arcadia Nursing home in Coolville Ohio and I work night. Looking for full time day shift position. I take care of 24 to 25 people at my current job. Enjoy working at a family healthcare facility and would love to be able to work in that environment again.
Pros
Love taking care of the elderly
Cons
No room for advancement. Working nightshift
travel
Travel home health nurse (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 6, 2017
fun travel job. You get to go all over to different places. You stay for 3 months at a time. You get paid for housing , and mileage. It is great to make so many connections.
Pros
travel
Cons
living in hotels gets old
I was not with the company very long but accommodated my needs
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHApril 9, 2017
I traveled a very long distance from home. Core medical was very understanding when I had to end my contract earlier than expected and they still keep in touch with and continue to send me updates and job opportunities.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Health insurance costs and copays
Great Travel Agency
LPN (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 6, 2017
Your recruiter will work hard to find an assignment that best works for you and assist you with any issues that may arise while on assignment. There is always someone on call to assist with any issues that may arise while on assignment.
0 work life balance
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 2, 2017
Multiple employees were all told that we should not see our families and kill any enjoyment we find in life. Anything outside of work is a distraction to work and was expected to work 70 hours a week.
Pros
Free lunches, alcohol
Cons
Work life balance, management, toxic enviornment
March 17, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at Core and have shared your comments with our management team. While we do hold our recruiters to certain metrics and standards, we also strive to create a work-life balance where each employee can thrive.

Fun enviornment/Management needs work
Payroll Coordinator/Sr Sales Asst (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHFebruary 10, 2017
Great compensation and advancement.
Management needs to be revamped. Most are family members in manager positions without the qualifications. Lots of bad language in the Sales rooms, unprofessional behavior. Several co-workers who have left the company have complained about assaults, verbal harassment, and belittling.
Pros
Advancement and pay
Cons
Management, unethical practices
February 21, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We have shared your comments with our management team and take your concerns regarding unprofessional behavior very seriously.

Good first 4 assignments with this company
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLFebruary 6, 2017
I've traveled for many years and had never used this company. They are professional, experienced and other than recruiter acting like a car salesman - when I already know what I'm doing, it has been a great work experience.
Pros
Senior recruiter, great assignment.
Cons
Next opportunities not offering enough $ to afford housing. :(

Comment – February 7, 2017

Did want to mention I believe it crazy that the hourly pay goes down if you accept the insurance. For example your hourly rate is $15.00/hour but $13.00/hour if you take insurance, plus the deduction of the insurance.....Recruiter said "Well you don't expect us to pay for it do you?" I tried to explain you already say you pick up a portion - instead of paying less hourly, just let us know the true costs of insurance and if we should decide to use it, we will know the true cost we are paying. I'd love to know how that makes sense. Maybe one day someone will explain it to me. I have worked for MANY agencies - none had this practice. This would be a "Cons" - though I loved the company they put me with! and overall every single person I dealt with at Core was very kind and professional.

Tough place to excel
Travel Nursing Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHNovember 16, 2016
Metrics driven. Its all about the numbers. If you can cold call all day and close deals this is the place for you. If you are slow to learn they might kick you to the curb.
November 21, 2016

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at Core. While we do hold our recruiters to certain metrics and standards, we also strive to provide our staff with the training and support they need to succeed, including an in-depth month long training program for new hires and ongoing mentorship.

caring and productive inviroment to work in
Methadone Counselor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 19, 2016
caring and educational place to work, population, low income, alcohol and drugs population, white collar, blue collar works, homeless. Providing counseling, housing, mental health, daily intakes of counseling sessions.
False Front
Traveling Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2016
Many employees leave due the poor and abusive culture. There is no work/life balance, and an atmosphere of two faced double talk, awash in favoritism and manipulations. It is a sales company, the needs of the traveling health care professionals are not a priority, and everyone is considered replaceable. Stay away unless you want you job to become your life. The yearly trip is really for the recruiters, though sold as a reward for the nurses and therapists. They will say anything to get you take the travel assignment, not to be trusted.
Pros
tax free...if you pay for the expensice housing they find for you
Cons
Dishonesty, unreliable, uncommunicative if you need them.

Comment – May 6, 2016

To the person who submitted this review: our management has been notified of your concerns and they wish to help. Please contact our Vice President of Healthcare Travel Services Aram Hampoian at your earliest convenience so your concerns can be addressed directly. His phone # is 800-995-2673 x1316 and his email is Aram.Hampoian@coremedicalgroup.com. Thank you!

I enjoy working for Core Medical Group
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHNovember 18, 2015
This travel agency is amazing. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Other nurses I ave met that work for core are educated and very professional. .I enjoy working for this company. They answer questions i ask in a quick and efficient manner they are willing to take the time needed to help an y way they can with assisting in finding new placements for their employees, with housing and travel. They are easy to reach when you need them.
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHOctober 20, 2015
I worked for this company on one travel assignment. I don't have much to say other than they sent me to the company where I currently work.
Pay was good but recruiter was deceptive in promises made
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  NHOctober 18, 2015
Don't trust them to find good housing. Found cheapest place that was a dump for more than one employee in the area. Put us in an area where drug deals went down in the parking lot. Only want to send you to the coldest places on earth. I got a "sorry, we don't have anything in that area but would you like to go to New Hampshire? Or Vermont.
Pros
Good pay if you can get placed
Cons
No help with housing
Enjoyed my assignments in Massachusetts
LVN travel nurse (Former Employee) –  Windham, NHJune 10, 2015
I enjoyed my assignments and for one of two of my assignments, I had a really nice condo,The other assignment was enjoyable, housing wasn't as nice. I enjoyed both nursing assignments in sub-acute settings and it was a positive experience both personally and professionally.
Pros
Getting to work in new settings and learning.
Cons
Not as many opportunities to travel now as a LVN
Excellent Recruiter
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHApril 15, 2015
I have an amazing recruiter who takes the time to build a rapport relationship with me. She checks up on me every week to see how I am doing and if I need any assistant. She is efficient with follow ups and will go that extra mile to answer my questions. Although it is a travel agency and we are coast to coast apart, I still feel very comfortable expressing my needs and thoughts. Management and my recruiter work very hard to meet my needs as an RN who does local assignments.
Pros
Medical benefits, OT pay
Cons
no sick pay, no vacation pay, no end of assignment bonuses
Good company
Travel Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHApril 4, 2015
I have traveled with this company for a year now and I it has been a great experience. As a nurse I like being able to choose where I travel, where I work and ultimately where I live. Wonderful experience for someone feeling closed in and stagnant.
Pros
most locations in the Northeast
Cons
Weekly pay, great recruiter support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CoreMedical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval