CoreSite Employee Reviews

Balanced Job
Commercial Property Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 8, 2017
CoreSite provides a well balanced job, but pays well under the average in the Silicone Valley area. But I must point out my job wasn't it's core business which is Data Center Operations. I worked mainly in property management which included a few buildings CoreSite owned with which contained office tenants.
Always had to work hard and fast I like working this way time goes by quicker.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 6, 2017
I would walk a lot I enjoyed walking it was great exercise. I would always be on my toes using my brain. I was able to speak with many different type of people which helped increase my vocabulary as well as network with many customers that worked with in the data center field. I enjoyed my team as well we all got a long and had great communication.
Pros
friendly environment.
Great Place to Work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2017
CoreSite is a great place to work. Competitive and fun loving! This company is growing rapidly and I would recommend it to anyone! Great place to build up your career!
Typical Day
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 18, 2017
The job at Coresite most days is boring without coherent business stratagy stimulation to keep engaged. The workplace does not have an identity of its own and never retains relative shielding of external environments.
A very good Security and a Supportive Sec Mgmt Team
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAApril 5, 2016
I have worked in the Somerville location for 2 years as a Security Officer. The management and Supervisor are very professional and supportive but expect you to do your job well.

The position is very customer service and very detail oriented. The growth opportunities are not currently there but it appears the company is working to develop these opportunities. The company is doing really well, great benefits for a security position and the management is demanding but very and really care about their employees. They have provided new uniforms recently, more and better training and employee and officer recognition.
Pros
Team Environment, Benefits, Leadership, Training
Cons
Promotion opportunities
Staffing issues
Senior Accounts Receivable Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 11, 2015
Accounting department lacks appropriate leadership from the Controller. High turnover. Significant # of open positions. No work life balance.
Horrible Place to work!!!!!!!!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CaliforniaApril 22, 2015
I worked for Coresite as a security guard for 6 months. Horrible Management very unprofessional and bad moral amoung the employees. They promise you a lot at the beginning and do not deliver on there promises. I was forced to change my schedule from all swing to all grave because of being told that I would be monitored. They cut our pay and tried to make it seem like it was fair. A lot of micro managing. Upper management try to intimidate there employees and have no consideration towards there employees health or well being. Regional managers and supervisors are not liked and expect a lot out of there employees a lot od what they expect out of us they don't know how to do themselves. They treated me like a criminal once they let me go. Stripping me small things such as a beanie, and jacket. Embarrassing me by letting me walk out by escort only and in front of the other employees. Management plays a lot of favorites.
Pros
The most enjoyable part of the job
Security/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Los angelesMarch 8, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to move around and interact with customer and co-workers alike so there was always a new skill or policy to learn and use.
Pros
Awesome health care
Cons
Short break, management was not good. negative work enviroment
CoreSite is a good place to work
Building Automations Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 24, 2015
The company is operated much like a big family. The needs of the workers are addressed. The company is great to work for. The culture at CoreSite is positive and encouraging. Every Friday there is a sing-a-long to encourage team work. The best company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Job located Downtown Denver, traffic is bad so is parking.
Compensation vs Quality of Life
Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 11, 2014
Coresite has a miraculous culture. The people you work with locally as well as all the up to some Senior management have a great spirit. With that great spirit comes drive and motivation to exceed company goals department wide. As a team. The only unfortunate things that occur are these top 3:

-There is no room for advancement unless it is by default
-There is no increase or incentive compensation wise; Coresite does not follow or participate in COLA(Cost Of Living Adjustment)
-There is a massive amount of turnover from people on the ground to senior leadership leaving an overhaul of work the next guy under.

Overall if you are looking to start from the ground up and stick and believe in a company to see where it goes then this is the place for you. I have never worked at a place where the employee is given so much trust and empowerment, that in itself is an awesome perk. We also get to learn and gain knowledge from some very smart people. I look forward to when i can give a 5 star rating but right now its hard to not be honest about the lack of pay. If you believe in your people then pay them an honest wage.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Not the greatest compensation
Strong, happy team. I still miss co-workers and personal duties
Assistant Lease Administrator/ Office Admin Assist (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesAugust 16, 2012
* A demanding fast day every day between personal desk duties, front desk relief (including PTO), tenants, operations, accounting, sales representatives from all sites nationwide, building security
* P.A.C.E. measurement of 31 floors and separation of office tenant files & data center tenant files in sale of company building.
*Certificate Of Insurance policies
* Data center procedures
* The freezing temperatures & echoing noise around office
* All staff & tenants camraderie
Pros
company x'mas breakfast for tenants and staff
Cons
no where to take a restive break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CoreSite. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8