CoreSource Employee Reviews

Poor Management and no proper training
Client Service (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 2, 2016
Very poor management and no proper training or cross training. Training should be something any company does on a regular basis. Managers never check to see how they can make or improve the departments for their employees. No such thing as team work from other departments. No good support or assistance from other departments. Very unorganized.
Pros
No micromanaging, some flexibility, some friendly people
Cons
Unorganized, no cross training/ training, unprofessional
Third party administrator
Medical Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAOctober 19, 2016
The position was challenging. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Management was very flexible with hours. They were quick to get answers to your questions.
Productive work place
On-site Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 6, 2016
I have a very challenging and rewarding position. I work with a team who strives to deliver nothing less then professional excellence as the company's core values.
Pros
team spirit
Cons
never a dull moment
Flexible work schedule, free coffee, tea and hot chocolate.
Repricing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 23, 2016
• Received returned mail with provider payments, research the current address for providers and sent out W9 request for current remittance address, enter new remittance information from W9 received
• Respond to phone inquiries from providers on IVR, answer questions on contracting of providers, needing of W9 for remittance address, forward requests to the correct insurance group for questions on insurance
• Routing of correspondence and forwarding this to the correct member’s insurance group for processing of their claims.
• Acquiring the correct revenue code of claims to accelerate the process of insurance claims.
• Research of claims for members that come to not enrolled in any of the insurance plans offered
• Post notes and document information in various database software programs such as: AS400, ECAMS, Powerstep and ICE

Fexlible work schedule which is great, free coffee, tea and hot chocolate.
Pros
Buddy walks to east tension, can take breakes at anytime as long as productions is met.
Cons
healthcare
Good company, bad management
Eligibility Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 13, 2016
This is a good company which retains employees for years. Unfortunately, I do not like my role nor the team I work with daily.
Wonderful place to work, nice coworkers and environment overall!
Senior Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 3, 2015
I worked at CoreSource as Staff Assistant for 1 1/2 years and really enjoyed my job and all of the people I worked with.
It was a very good environment to work in and was able to get to know most people in the office since I assisted all managers in one way or another and their teams. Very delightful!
Pros
Supportive Management, variety of duties, co-workers
Cons
Some tasks were monontonous, although filled the day with other various duties made it not so monotonous.
Busy Healthcare Insurance Company
Medical Insurance Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INJune 16, 2015
I worked in the claims processing area for certain accounts. I processed hospital claims and physician office claims. I helped patients understand how their claim was processed, what was covered, etc.

I also assisted with covering the switchboard at breaks and lunch. I would answer phone calls from patients and providers who had questions about their coverage or payment. Also I helped companies who employees were covered by our insurance understand what was covered by their plan.
Pros
enjoyed helping my patients with concerns about their coverage
Cons
???
No advancement Low pay Terrible Management
Medical Claim Analyst (Former Employee) –  Clinton Twp, MIJune 9, 2015
Blame rolls down hill when the thought of loosing their client looms over head. It always boiled down to the "Analyst" fault. Poor communication. Poor leadership from Unit Managers with out the people skills needed to manage. Unreasonable expectations of Customer Service pertaining to phone calls. No one defends their employees. We can be mistreated by Providers and Patients and are still expected to look the other way!
Pros
Free coffee and we could wear jeans
Cons
not appreciated or defended
productive very nice work environment
Mail Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 14, 2015
handling of all incoming mail, operating a numerous type of mail machines. Sorted, folded mail placed proper postage on outgoing mail. answered a multitude of incoming calls which were then transferred to their designated areas.Friendly co-workers in a very pleasant work environment, The very best part of the job all of the people who were employed there along with the management team.
This was a busy job, which I enjoyed.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNJanuary 8, 2015
My supervisor was one of a kind! Bernis Benzer is one great leader and confidant.
Fun place to work. Good to employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 24, 2014
Management did listen to employees input for suggestions. Lots of friendships still after being gone 15 years. Could get busy after holidays but it made the day go faster.
Pros
could leave work at work and not worry about when home with family
Cons
distance I had to drive for job
Great company to work for
Claims analyst paying medical/dental/vision claims (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 12, 2014
I worked for this company for almost 19 years and it was nothing but a positive experience.
Not a good place to work if you want to be treated fair, but awesome if you want to be micromanaged!!
HCM (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 14, 2014
This company does not care about low-level employees. If you're not management you get overlooked. Quality of work goes completely unrecognized. No room for advancement. It's not about what you know but who you know. Not willing to help you learn other aspects of the department. Micromanaged.
Pros
Free coffee and sometimes free food
Cons
Does not recognize work quality, horrible management, terrible health benefits, shady coworkers
productive enviornment
Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAApril 30, 2014
enjoyed helping customers

learned just how much good customer service is appreciated and
at times envied

great to receive letters/flowers when do a good job

sometimes a team can make it hard to be a team player
Pros
enjoyed helping so made job easy
Cons
early working hours
Horrible place to work
Fsa analyst (Former Employee) –  Little rock, ar.February 21, 2014
You will be over worked, over stressed, under trained, under appreciated and under paid!!!! Beware for sure!! You will not be promoted of you are not friends with management and in the clique!! If you want to age 10 years per every year, then you should work there,otherwise, don't do it!!
Pros
Jeans everyday
Cons
Too many to list!!
Great people to work with, great opportunities
Medical Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 18, 2014
I have been privileged to work from home and have for the last 10 years. Prior to that, I worked in the office for 5 years. A typical day for me included signing on to the claims processing system and accessing the claims database for the specific groups that I handle. I review emails, faxes, correspondence and appeals from the members and providers. I help out customer service by answering phones during lunches. I work with a great group of people, and have developed many life long friendships. The hardest part of the job right now is that I have been transferred to another office location, even though I am still at home, I report to the office in Pennsylvania. This is the 4th time I have been transferred and its hard to learn each office's rule and regulations, supervisors and team members. I never feel like I am a part of anything for too long, and that frustrates me. Also as a claims analyst I would like to focus on processing and handling claims, not having to take phone calls as well, which affects my overall production. The most enjoyable part of the job now would have to be that opportunity to work from home since my children have been born and have a more flexible work schedule.
Pros
Decent salary, telecommuting options, great management
Cons
Excessive work load for each person, mandatory overtime every week
A wonderfull place to learn and advance
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 17, 2014
A great place to start your career with unlimited growth potential.
Keep looking
Flex Spending Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 5, 2013
I worked at the office in Lille Rock,Ar the year of 2012. Training isn't even close to what you need to achieve daily claims processing goals,and half of the time the trainer would leave out for hours and leave you sitting in a office only to check back a couple of hours later saying she got caught in the middle of something that needed her attention. You are placed in the floor completely unprepared ad they expect you to be ready to work.There are alot of cliques including management and workers. The HR person seems very friendly and caring all smiles but she has some other close minded motives going on inside her head. No room for advancement if the cliques don't like you and I they also seemed to hide there prejudices by again not allowing promotion or increased pay for the minorities at this location. Please don't apply
Pros
I could wear jeans if I paid for it
Cons
Just a unethical place to work
Very productive
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 29, 2013
They taught me a lot! I stayed busy all the time. There were some great employees within the company.
Nice place to work.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 15, 2013
I processed medical claims, some customer service too. Co-workers were great, along with the managers.
Pros
Always had help if I needed assistance with anything.
Cons
Wasn't making enough money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CoreSource. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8