Corinthian Colleges Inc.

Corinthian Colleges Inc. Employer Reviews

Good work enviroment
Software Developer (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAJuly 8, 2014
Typical day at work is 8 to 9 hour, but depends on project timeline, sometimes working off hours and on weekends. Team work is good, not a lot of competition and ego, most pitch in and are accountable. Management is fair, but need to learn how to give recognition when due. Poor resource management, i.e. some folks with heavy work load, while others – more... just sitting around waiting for work. Pay I think is a bit low. – less
Loved my co workers
Student Information Specialist (Current Employee), Thornton, COJuly 8, 2014
Pros: working with the students
Cons: to short lunch
I loved waking up and going to work at Corinthian College due to my wonderful co workers. I also loved helping the students better their lives.
Fun enviornment
Director of Admissions (Current Employee), St LouisJuly 7, 2014
Met life long friends, met great staff, worked well with leadsership
Great working environment
Credit Coordinator (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJuly 5, 2014
I really enjoyed being an employee at Corinthian Colleges Inc.
Inadequate work environment
High School Admission Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 5, 2014
According to recent news, Corinthian Colleges Inc. has been decreasing in profit and locations. Hopefully that says enough about the company and how long the institution is going to last in its industry. Despite the inadequate work environment, I've learned the importance of being punctual and decreasing the stress levels of management by taking initiative.
Run Forest Run...
admissions representative (Former Employee), Southfield MichiganJuly 3, 2014
Pros: always hiring at that time
Cons: karma is a b**** this company is going under!
this company does not care about employees or the students please look for different job! Do not waste your time this company is 30 seconds away from the grave! please do not waste your time working for this company!
Love my Co-Workers
Human Resources Coordinator - Recruiting Support (Current Employee), Santa Ana,CAJuly 1, 2014
The people you work with and build a bonding relationship with is what keeps you going through any day & makes you want to come to work and have a good time.
Hang on for dear life!
Re-Entry (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 26, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, most directors care about their employees, immediate supervisors are good, pay is good for level of work, schedule is great
Cons: overall poorly managed company, highly unethical business practices, unstable company, constant layoffs, no raises
This company is all about the numbers and enrolling students. Don't buy the line that Everest cares about "changing students' lives." Unless of course by changing lives they mean putting them in debt with little or no chance of getting a job to pay off their excessive student loans. Making a profit is what his company cares about and nothing else.

Highly – more... unstable work place and only time will tell if they will be able to survive the backlash of their predatory, misleading recruiting practices and lackadaisical student management. Just Google "Corinthian Colleges."

Despite all of the lawsuits and department of ed issues, recruiting is still in full force. Who cares if they have the same classes 3 times in a row?! The 4th time is a charm (so long as Everest still gets paid)! – less
Helped recruit students and change lives
Admissions Coordinator/Recruiter (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2014
 Accurately forecasts projected new student starts in order to increase company growth and generate revenue
 Consistently meets enrollment goals month over month increasing student population in addition to growing business
 Assists in training of newly hired employees in order to provide guidance and leadership
 Responsible for generating leads – more... for potential student enrollment and providing strategies to increase student ratio
 Execute 200+ daily cold calls to top level executives to increase client base and campus profit – less
Leadership is poor and you never get full direction
High School Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 26, 2014
Pros: student interaction and coworkers
Cons: no work life balance, bad management and leadership, the company nearly into bankruptcy
The company and management on the surface seem great, until you begin to see for yourself. Bad direction and leadership from the CEO, Presidents, VPs, and Regionals caused many managers to not be able to do their jobs properly. They were turned into administrative people doing reports all day.

There was never any detailed training for admission representatives, – more... many either figured out or failed. There was no consistency, you would get calls about things on your off day, and management wasn't transparent about the company's financial situation.

The only good things about the company were the students who truly needed help and many coworkers were honestly working for the students. – less
Great opportunity
Career Services Representative III (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 24, 2014
Great place to work with opportunities for advancement. Love working with the students and graduates assisting the to realize their dreams of a career in their chosen career fields.
Good Company
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Thornton ColoradoJune 22, 2014
The company is good to it's employees and my co-workers are like my family, especially since I spend 8 hours a day with them.
Productive and fun place to work
High School Coordinator (Former Employee), Melrose Park, IllinoisJune 17, 2014
I learned that by really focusing on the needs of our high school and post secondary students, that we can make a difference. I learned that each student is different in their goals and aspirations and this job taught me a lot about how to communicate to them the importance of education and staying positive.
would not recommend
EMPLOYER DEVELOPER (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 12, 2014
Pros: nice facility
Cons: not a stable environment
would not recommend working here, started off great, very friendly but expectations are not attainable and you never know where the company is headed and if you will have a job day to day. Co-workers are great.
great vision poor execution
admissions (Former Employee), texasJune 9, 2014
Been in two dept and the job is not like advertised during the interviews. Love what the company tries to do." Change lives" but there's too much inconsistency in standard operations. Not always a comfortable place to work and can be stressful when all see they talk about is numbers...,
Productive and energetic workplace
Director of Finance (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMay 31, 2014
The majority of my background has been in business management, which includes leading teams of individuals, managing goals, budgets and guiding specific tasks aimed towards reaching desired results. I hold myself to very high standards to ensure my team and teammates have the tools and resources they need to reach company as well as individual goals. – more... I believe I have a talent towards developing strong relationships while creating and maintaining a productive and energetic environment. I have a very approachable style which allows for innovative and creative thinking. I frequently ask thought provoking questions, which force my team and colleagues to think outside the box. I find this one of my strongest attributes as being a leader and team member with any organization. – less
Great co-workers and casual work environment
Administrative/Construction Coordinator (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAMay 29, 2014
Pros: casual working and great team environment
Cons: unstable market
Supervisor was a great teacher and mentor. Thoroughly enjoyed my job and responsibilities.
Maintain student records, take care of student reports, and assist in the admissions process
Senior Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Brighton, MAMay 29, 2014
Pros: working with co-workers, and flexible work schedule
Cons: micro management
: assisting perspective and current students, conduct admissions interviews, and help students decide which course best suites their needs
: I learned how to maintain files, time management, conduct interviews, counseling, and administrative work
: Several levels of management, often helping workers perform their duties to the best of our abilities
: – more... Co-workers worked well as a team
: reaching students who are truly interested in our courses.
: Most enjoyable part of my job was meeting different students everyday and helping them make the best decision when choosing a course to study. – less
You may not have a job for long
Staff (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 28, 2014
The future of this company is pretty bleak right now. The stick price is under $1, the company is under numerous investigations, enrollment is declining, and moral is pretty poor. If you take a job here I would not count on it lasting long.

Staff is good to work with. Management is a close knit bunch that does whatever they are told from the group – more... above them to keep their job or advance their career. Unfortunately the higher up management you go the more incompetent they get. See above for the results. – less
A Boot Camp.
Student Information Specialist (Former Employee), Thorton, COMay 25, 2014
Pros: benefits.
Cons: the enviroment.
A typical day was a boot camp, your always on edge, management is hard, it is a sales position even though they say it is not, your co-workers are unprofessional, they treat the position as just a paycheck. the hardest part of the job was not wanting to walk out, the most enjoyable part of the job, when the day was over.

1 2 3 4 5

About Corinthian Colleges Inc.

Our mission is to help students prepare for careers in demand or to advance in their chosen field. With more than 91,000 students – Read more

Corinthian Colleges Inc. Photos