Corinthian Colleges Inc.

Corinthian Colleges Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Result driven campus, provided managerial training for all management staff
Education Program Chair (Former Employee), Ontario, CAApril 30, 2015
Pros: Great Team to work with, Excellent environment
Cons: none
Managed 80+ student population
Made sure my team of instructors were following cirriculum
Advised students on Attendance & Academic violations
Tracked attendance
Did extern site visits
Sadness to lose so many great people
Director (Current Employee), Tempe, AZApril 29, 2015
As for CCI employees, they are a phenomenal group of people that I had the greatest pleasure of working with. As for the closure of schools, I'm deeply saddened for not only the employees but also the thousands of students.
Changing lives one student at a time
Senior Student Finance Representative/ Planner (Former Employee), Merrillville, INApril 21, 2015
Pros: helping others and watching them succeed
Cons: The campus closed
This was a fast paced, energentic working environment. I was responsible for financing students so they could obtain better lives through schooling.
Enjoyable office work environment
Work Study (temp Clerk) (Former Employee), South PlainfieldApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great office environment
Cons: none so far
Perhaps it was the people or because I actually like the work I was given to do, I actually looked forward to going to work when it came to this job.
Great company I worked for from its early start up years to its prime.
Vice President, Marketing (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAApril 3, 2015
CCi was a fantastic company to work for, for many years. I was able to establish my career there and advanced quickly. The people and culture at CCi were outstanding. It's a shame the company started having issues and was forced to downsize.
Very Different
Sales Activities (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 3, 2015
Pros: Salary and Leave
Cons: Management, labor load
Many inexperienced Manager, the buddy system is in full effect, ton of unskilled labor, from top to bottom a complete lack of motivation to improve what could be a very successful business under proper management. New management recently took over from a far but no affective changes have taken place.
Worst place to work ever
Medical Assistant, Externship (6 Weeks) (Former Employee), Norcross, GAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: i completed my externship with an excellent rating
Cons: i was miserable during my time there
This was the worst place that I have ever worked in my life. The schedule was always overbooked and patients would be left sitting in the waiting room for hours in pain and there was nothing I could do to help that and it made me sad.
Great People
COMMUNITY OUTREACH COORDINATOR (Former Employee), orlandoMarch 17, 2015
Pros: events, food, pay
Cons: uppper management issues with money, layoff
Great place to work. Not too much drama. My schedule was very open and bosses were great. We worked as a team. Good benefits.
Job Security Consitanly Fluciates
Director of Admissions (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2015
Pros: helpling others, fun staff
Cons: work life balance, inconsistancies
Good place to work in the past with the intention to help others. Hardest part was dealing with uncertainty and poor leadership strategies.
No room for advancement
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 6, 2015
Cons: long hours and split shift
No room to grow and split shift for instructors. Very little respect and low employee morale. Sad place to work. Pay has not increased in several years.
Productive friendly workplace
Medical Administration Instructor (Former Employee), Bedford Park, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: no micro managing
Cons: short breaks between classes
A typical day at work includes interacting with students in a learning environment through lectures and demonstrations.
Unprofessional gossip mill
Senior Placement Specialist (Former Employee), Everest Institute, Newport NewsFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, wonderful students
Cons: inter-departmental relations, management
The actual work is fantastic. The students are motivated and easy to help. The instructors are helpful and work well with the administration departments. However, Admissions is poorly run and treats other departments like garbage. The Corporate office does not manage campus sites as well as it should.
Enjoyed helping students.
Externship Coordinator (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: rewarding
Cons: bad director and president
This is the most rewarding job I have ever had. I enjoyed working with the medical field and assisting students in finding a externship and permanent job.

Unfortunately, I was set up in this job by the director of Career Services and let go. I knew she was giving false reports to corporate office and tried to explain to president but they wouldn't listen as she had already told them I was back stabbing her. Not true.

Anyway...she was fired 6 months after me as corporate found out she was lying.
poor
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: not very sympathetic to their clients or employees needs
the company overall is great but the different campuses individual are not , it depends on management , it could be much better
Admission Rep at Everest University
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: happy students for those who really wanted to attend school online.
Cons: using very old data given to us, we were trying to get folks to attend school online and no one was interested.
Typical day at work was chasing down students via telephone to get their application process completed, and reaching out to the new prospects and walking them through the application process online. I learned a lot about the call center processes, the admissions rep desk as well as the financial aid processes. The hardest part of the job was taking old contact information and trying to get someone to go to school who had in fact two years prior decided not to go and we were using very old data to do this. It appeared to be a waste of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was having my students give me a call after starting classes and letting me know how happy they were that they made the decision to get started!
Fun Workplace
Student Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: quarterly award ceremonies
Cons: healthcare
A typical workday included making over a hundred phone calls through the computer system to students in hopes of connecting and helping them save their student loans from defaulting. Management wasn't effective with communicating changes that were going on within the company until the last minute. The hardest part of the job was having a manager that has never done the job tell you how to do it and then having to teach the manager how to do it. The most enjoyable part of my day were my coworkers and also when I could get through to a student and they were thankful for the help.
Fun work enviroment
Student Finance Support Representative II (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 6, 2015
Loved working here. Gained experience and knowledge in the financial aid industry. Worked with great people. Work could be Monotonous.
Poor management, lack of communication and the future unknown
Program Chair (Former Employee), Thornton, COFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: lack of communication
management was poor which led to really bad communication between administration and staff. Very good at keeping everyone in the dark as far as school buyout and closing of programs and schools. Even though they are owned by a new company I still wouldn't trust them!
Productive, Fun workplace
High School Coordinator (Former Employee), Gardena, CAFebruary 2, 2015
I enjoyed my time working for this company. It was very sad when we all learned the company was being sold and a result over 5000 people was layed off.
I had a great team.
Regional Associate Vice President (Current Employee), Chicago, IllJanuary 28, 2015
CCi was sold and in process cut my entire team. However, my department managers were good.

1 2 3 4 5

About Corinthian Colleges Inc.

Our mission is to help students prepare for careers in demand or to advance in their chosen field. With more than 91,000 students – Read more

Corinthian Colleges Inc. Salaries

Financial Aid Officer
$39,000 per year

Corinthian Colleges Inc. Photos

Top Talent Committed to Changing Lives
Corinthian Colleges, Inc. - OC Register Top Work Places, 5 years running! (2008-2012)
Corinthian Colleges, Inc. (CCi) - Campus Support Center (CSC)