Corinthian Colleges Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive workplace environment
Senior Tax Consultant (Former Employee) –  Florida, NYFebruary 28, 2017
Great experience with Federal and State compliance, sales/use tax and property tax preparation. Glad to have had this opportunity.
Productive, busy place to work
Externship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 27, 2017
I enjoyed interacting with my students, coworkers, externship sites and visit.I always had a busy productive day which I enjoyed and the coworkers I worked with.
Pros
hour lunch, lunches brought in from president
Cons
work alot of hours
Busy.. always dealing with new challenges
Account Representative/Acting Director (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 16, 2017
Great place to work. Helped students find employment and internship positions.

Partnered with local business for employment opportunities. Worked toward placement goal.
Instructor for Six Business Courses
Instructor for Applied Service Management (Former Employee) –  Blairsville, PAFebruary 13, 2017
OK! Retired early to be Primary Caregiver for seriously Father, deceased April 23, 2016.

Worked for 30+ years in human resources management, employee, contractor, and consultant.
Professional/Goal oriented environment
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 9, 2017
Fast-paced telephone and customer service and sales.
Many training and skills set improvement opportunities
Goal oriented and teamwork environment
Professional and constant learning environment, ever changing.
Always learning new business acumen

Great positive and motivating group of workers
Pros
Great positive people to work with always learning
Cons
Constant changing work environment
Student Finance Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 20, 2017
Take inbound calls and help students regarding their financial aid. Also make outbound calls to students who still need paperwork. Process financial aid for students.
Productive and perfect work life balance
Sr Business Systems Analyst/ IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Perfect company to work for. It got acquired by Zenith education due to which most of the Corinthian staff got laid off. But people who retained enjoy working for Zenith education
Cci
Senior Desktop Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 3, 2017
No chance for advancement unless you "knew" someone. Management rode hard and had little knowledge.
The Company was shut down for fraud, and rightly so.
Pros
Chrismtmas parties
Cons
Going to work
QA Analyst
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 30, 2016
Loved working there. Company closed down but it was an awesome place to work for. Great pay, great people. Great benefits
great place
Senior Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CADecember 14, 2016
I had the pleasure of working for Everest for about 8yrs. Great place to go to work. was very demanding, always had to be on your A-Game but that is something I really loved.
Management ran Corinthian into the ground
Senior Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 20, 2016
carelessness with compliance shut this system down. Good pay/ benefits while they lasted. Management pushes you around- changes schedules / mandatory Saturdays announced Friday at 3pm. Was a great place years ago but very negative at the end.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Company went bankrupt
The excitement of teaching.
Medical Assistant, NRCMA, NRCPT Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2016
The excitement of my job was making sure that every student was comfortable learning and obtaining the skill's they needed to become a successful medical assistant.
Pros
Teaching new skill's
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Company was shady and had legal issues
Student Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 16, 2016
Co-workers were great, but management was not.
The pay wasn't enough for the work asked and the cost of living for southern California.
Company ran into legal issues with fraud and they ended up getting shut down and having to sell all their assets.
College
Student Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 11, 2016
Going in with the expectation set for myself, that I would make each day better for the students looking to further their education.
Good company
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Portland, OregonJuly 25, 2016
Heald College was a good school to work at and CCI was a fair employer overall. This career path demands a lot of hours and persistent dedication to goal attainment, but is rewarding in its help to students.
I had a great experience.
DIRECTOR OF STUDENT SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 8, 2016
While I was with CCI, I had a great experience and was able to move up very quickly. The people I worked with were amazing and I miss them a lot.
A great team environment and a place of growth.
Student Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 28, 2016
At Corinthian Colleges, everyone worked as a team making it very easy to complete tasks and assist students. Corinthian Colleges was a stable occupation in which everyone had the opportunity to grow.
Diverse student population
Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 24, 2016
The diverse student population provided great opportunity to put into effect the different learning styles. the staff were very helpful and willing to show me the ropes when I started and during my tenure there.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MsMay 6, 2016
Excellent work environment. Employees make the job very easy. We had weekly meeting and they were given their assignment for the week and they were self motivation and could be depended on to get the assignment completed in a timely manner. They came to me with any assistance that they needed and I guided them with their concerns. I usually had a 5 minute one on one with each of my employees daily to review where they were just to ensure they were on target. We had a very informal team and it created a calm environment to work and they enjoyed the trust that I placed on them. Micromanagement would not have worked with these highly motivated group of professionals and they always completed their work even if it required some overtime. They were all salaried so it did not create any additional overtime expense.
Pros
The work environment had only pros
Cons
No cons
n/a
n/a (Former Employee) –  n/aApril 5, 2016
Play is a great context for learning. Whether children or adults, we enjoy playing. Think of a musician “jam session.” In a “jam session” there is a structure (or framework if you will) of time and of chords, but there is freedom to experiment with melody, rhythm, and even the structure itself. The musicians are learning from one another, playing off of each other’s ideas. It should be similar with learning: a teacher creates the structure, but there is freedom in a non-threating, enjoyable environment for the student to play with the concepts, possibly experiment with them. This act of playing allows the student to interact with the learning material on a personal level, in ways that nobody but that student could create. Furthermore, the student is driving their own learning. Like a musician, eyes closed, consumed in the moment, enjoying every note played by themselves and by others, a learner is also consumed in the moment enjoying their personal interaction with the material as well as learning from other and drawing off of the ideas of others in their group. Their defensive walls drop, their anxiety is relieved for a moment, the stresses of life are paused, and they are learning; not because they’re being forced, but because they enjoy it. In many cases, students who demonstrate difficulties learning in instructor driven lectures, and exercises requiring rote memorization, excel in the play environment and demonstrate measurable improvements in concept attainment and retention.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corinthian Colleges Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9