Corinthian Colleges Inc.

Corinthian Colleges Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Was an excellent company in it's prime years.
Purchasing Coordinator/ Buyer/ E-Procurement (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 22, 2015
This was once one of the leading education companies providing education services to individuals who were challenged by life circumstances. There were some valid instructors who really cared about the progress of the students. It is unfortunate that greed took over the upper management levels which in turn was one of the downfalls of this giant leader in the for profit education world.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, great benefits and retirement plan.
Cons
Advancement was based on who you know not what you know, Preferential treatment for some team members.
Great place to work, like a family
Student Loan Counselor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 23, 2015
Great company, great co workers, great management. Always kept employees in the loop about important matters. Valued their employees, great pay.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
No raises
A productive workplace that stayed number one in LA Times for 7 yrs
Credit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 9, 2015
Corinthian College was a very enjoyable workplace. I was blessed to be in the corporate office of Everest Colleges until the company went bankruptcy and my employment terminated Jan 1 2014. I enjoyed the challenges of helping students achieve their dreams and goals by continuing give the best loans possible for their situations.

My manager, and co workers were all supreme. I loved my job, however I am ready to adventure new beginnings.I look forward to the opportunities and growth that are before me and welcome what life has to offer.
Pros
Expensive festivities for the employees and nice company perks
Cons
Long hours for deadlines and month ending reports.
Great experience
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 2, 2015
This was a time of my life that I worked hard, learned a lot, took my experience and used it to obtained upward movement in the company. But as I was promoted, I saw a different side of management. Some was great, and some I felt was not good practices. Learning from my opportunities I know that I could do a better job.
Pros
Great beneifts, god job experience
Cons
Uppermanagement
Loved what I did--
High School Coordinator (HSC) (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 15, 2015
I absolutely loved what I did while I was there--I had the chane to visit high schools and discuss future plans/give them helpful tidbits on how to succeed after college.

Unfortunately there was a lot going on in upper management that did not bode well with the government.

My job was great, but the pricing of programs were outrageous and hard to sell. I was not a fan of doing admissions work at all.

Management also made sure I was well taken care of when it came to progressing in my career.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Expensive programs, shady practices behind the scenes from upper management.
Fun while it lasting/No growth potential
Student Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Thornton,CoSeptember 12, 2015
Company was bought by another company and still not strong enough to remain open.No job security, No longevity on the job. It will close the doors Dec. 1st. Never a raise even after some employees dedicated 3 years to the company.
Pros
coworkers and student enrollment process
Cons
no job security, favoritism, job ending after buyout
Enjoyable place to work.
Medical Assistant Instructor Duties (Former Employee) –  Merrionette Park, ILNovember 8, 2015
I enjoyed working for Everest College and it had a great management team. We were allowed to add to the curriculum to enhance what was being taught. I enjoyed the professional instructor student relationships and seeing students reach their goals.
We also had a great teaching staff and we made an awesome team together.
Pros
Our campus reached out to our students to help them to be successful.
Cons
Lay offs and the closure of the school.
Challenging but exciting place to grow as a Representative
Senior Student Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 22, 2015
Grate place to work with supportive management. It was not about the numbers but how you personally would grow and develop. I loved the feed back I got because it help me grow as a student information specialist. Working alongside my colleagues was fun but it also let us learn from each other by listening to our calls that we had with the students. Everyday was different because I had a lot of variety in what I did from speaking with the students to working on projects that would challenge me and excited me.
Pros
Feedback, free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Great opportunity to help students
Manager of High School Admissions (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 4, 2016
A day at work usually consists of working with students needing guidance and assistance from 8 AM to 5 PM. A typical appointment will have me meet with a potential student, and walk them through the enrollment process from start to finish, including Financial Aid assistance. I have learned that there are so many people that need the assistance we can give them, that I wish I could help everyone. My team of counselors takes customer service to levels I have never seen, and I am proud to work by them side by side, and to lead them. The hardest part of the job I see is that I really cannot help everyone. The most enjoyable part is that I get to live a life knowing that I am striving to make a difference everyday.
Helping students obtain aid to go to college.
Financial Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 12, 2015
Underwriting process for Title IV government funds to college students. Continual training and honing of practices to meet business needs. Cross-training in multiple functions.
Pros
Friendly coworkers.
Cons
No raises or promotions in 2 years.
Decent commpany to work for intially
Admissions Representative-Everest College (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 7, 2015
I loved helping students develop their career goals, but when the CEO changed the students became revenue lines instead of people.
Productive and exciting place to work
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJune 19, 2015
Typical day for me was to greet all students when class started and ended. then, I would run my daily reports and make the necessary calls. My coworkers were always positive, the overall culture was great! The hardest art of my job was when I was loosing students do to life issues. The most enjoyable part was seeing the students when they finished the last day of their program and reflecting on good and bad times
Pros
great benefits
Cons
for profit
CCI - Through Aerotek Staffing
Student Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 20, 2015
My days at CCI were very enjoyable. The staff was amazing along with the training. Management was always a pleasure. The co-workers that I worked with were all very nice. The hardest part of my job was picking up more hours. The most enjoyable part of my job was doing what I am best at... Customer Service/Call Handling/Data Entry.
Pros
Professional with opportunies for upward mobility
Sr Admissions Rep (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 16, 2015
Professional. Enjoyed working with co-workers and students, compensation was great. Leadership training. Opportunity for advancement
Pros
Raises
Cons
Company sold
Productive and fast-paced evironment conducive to leadership growth.
DIVISIONAL DIRECTOR OF RE-ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 14, 2015
Application of technical and professional skills. A day requires quick navigation through problem solving and completion of daily assignments with daily/quarterly/yearly targets in mind. Building relationships by fostering open communication amongst teams, vendors, and clients. Each day required an approach with "good judgement" and a sense of "doing the right thing" by being decisive, involving others, influencing others, learning quickly, and change management. In addition, never losing sight of providing clear directions, feedback, and coaching to develop staff and leaders.
High Stress environment
Quality Analyst / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 2, 2015
CCI is a high stress working environment, where the management expects more than one persons share of work from each individual. You are so closely monitored that you do not the liberty to go to the restroom when you need to without being docked points. The point system works well for anyone who has worked there for over a year. The management above your supervisor do not care to know you exist or even speak with you, no matter what the situation. Executive management will find any reason to try and fire you based on their higher than average strict policies. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers, they kept me motivated.
Pros
Paid more than average
Cons
You don't exist
business Anaylyst
Business Analyst (Project Unity) (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 28, 2016
worked on converting the old computer system to a new one. While doing this conversion had teo resolve issues that came up and fixed them. Learned how and figured out hwo to make system work for me, for what I needed to do. Meet a lot of interesting people still friends with many.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
constant travel
Time at CCI
Student Finance Planner / Student Guide (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 18, 2014
A day at CCI depending on your location determined your happiness in a sense. At the Tempe branch, it was a good day if you weren't yelled at from a different department and your upper management looked to you for help. From time to time, you get praised or given some type of leadership role. But the companies opportunities for advancement were very poor. Positions to move up were very difficult and the people to decide on who moved up were very biased and always selected favorites. At a ground campus, the department that I was in was treated very poorly and personal time, say for lunch, breaks, or shift ending, did not matter at any point. Every thing would be pushed back because a different department could not communicate or handle their time appropriately and my department would suffer their mistakes and there would be hardly any time away from the office.
Run....run far away
Career Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2016
When it was open, this was a company where I got my start into education. I stayed way too long. This is a place to start not to stay.
exciting place to work
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 16, 2015
great work balance; excited to change lives; loved the people who I worked with; emotional attachment; uplifting moments
benefits
Cons
security