Corinthian Colleges Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Academic Program Director (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILDecember 12, 2017
It was a great place to work the team that I had was awesome and my direct supervisor was simply great. It was at a great location and the students appreciated the staff as well as the staff appreciated the students. It was really good to see students reach their potential goals. The hardest part of the job was to see students give up in the middle of their program. The most enjoyable thing was to hand them their diplomas on graduation day.
Pros
Great working environment and great leaders
Cons
The school closed
The company has closed.
Senior Training Specialist - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 27, 2017
The company has closed so any review is irrelevant at this point. The company provided a needed option for specific populations of people to achieve educational success.
Education for profit can always have opporotunities for compromise.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GANovember 22, 2017
Education for profit is always a challenge. I enjoyed the chance to work with people and help them make career choices. I enjoyed the flexible schedule.
Pros
Helping students make career choces.
Cons
Industry regulations
Fast Paced and fun
Director of Student Finance (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 14, 2017
Each day focused on enrollments and number crunching. Fun and sometimes stressful. Overall, everyone had a purpose and reached that purpose and goal. The culture and environment was interesting each day and no one day was the same.
Pros
awards and free lunches
Cons
health benefits were awesome
Some fun , some stressful situations sometimes
Faculty (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 11, 2017
Everyone should be aware the caliber of our students in this particular college is needing some nurturing . So if ever they complain students either they may try to get even with the strict instructor just doing her job for them to learn.
Pros
Free lunches during events
Cons
Vacation is not flexible, we only leave when students are on vacation like Christmas, at early stage of establishing the MA program.
Fast paced and "controlled chaos"
Regional Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 4, 2017
Hired as Admissions Director and promoted to Regional Director of Admissions by exceeding corporate enrollment goals and the development of new protocols and procedures which were adopted and implements by the entire Admissions Department. As Regional Director, I managed a department of 85. Responsible for all hiring, development, and advancement of Admissions personnel. By implementing stricter workflow and supervisory protocols, with training to reinforce both, I improved new student start rates by a little under twenty percent, while maintaining and increasing adherence to federal regulatory standards.
Very heavy demand on filling seats created a high pressure environment.
Pros
Benefits and salary
Cons
Very high pressure for academic industry
It was a healthy workplace with unhealthy intentions.
Admissions Director (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 17, 2017
After 5 years of thinking we are making a difference we were notified that government funds collected were not all used to run the school. very disappointing.
Pros
Some students became successful
Cons
Fraudulent managment
fun- paced
Library Aide (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 11, 2017
As a student I was able to work through the student work-study program. I enjoyed learning all the programs, instructing workshops, and training, constant interaction with all student, classroom presentations
Pros
work schedules, meet and greets, seminars and students
Cons
not enough hours
Duties included answering the clients questions, and observing the students massages.
Massage Therapist Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2017
A typical work day included meeting with the students and making sure that they was prepared with their daily supplies, making sure the material was ready and prepared for the clients to complete. The culture was versatile and everyone got alone for the most part. The most enjoyable part of the day for me was educating the students.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Not enough support
average
Senior Career Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GASeptember 25, 2017
An okay company at the time i worked there. Leadership changed several times doing my tenure. The Campus President had a horrible attitude. Eventually campus closed.
Wondeful Management, Nice Job Work/Life Balance
Sr Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 25, 2017
I loved my job as PeopleSoft Developer. My direct and indirect managers were wonderful. Great team work between IT and the business partners. Office location is convenient.
deteriorated to a toxic culture and work environment
Academic Program Director (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 24, 2017
Typically, overworked and underappreciated. Generally, upper management lacked empathy regarding staff and front-line managers. The corporate managers ultimately proved corrupt.
Poorly managed facility that led to an early closure
Academic Program Director-Medical Assisting (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 29, 2017
New school opened with great success but subsequent management issues even on a corporat level led to Department of Education shutting them down completely.
Loved working for CCI
Senior Human Resources Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAAugust 29, 2017
We had a great, collaborative TA team that had an awesome manager. Processes and job roles were established and worked great for the team and our business constituents at the campuses.

Our manager left for an opportunity in his hometown and within months, the company was going under. I was one of two of the last original TA associates before I, myself had to jump ship.

Lots of mishandling on the campus level, however, the vision of the company had great intent and the corporate employees were very happy.
Pros
Great Company Culture
Cons
No longer in business.
Dept. Chair / Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2017
I got laid off from Corinthian when they discontinued the education program that I taught. As a Network Administrator / instructor, I can say the job was very rewarding.
Poorly operated organization now closed
Regional Employee Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 18, 2017
This organization was amazing and treated employees well. Management did many unethical things in the end prior to the DOE shutting down the for profit college.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Poor corporate managment
Poor management
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJuly 14, 2017
Telemarketing, appointments with potential students. Management needs a lot of work. Learned more about student acceptance process. No work/life balance.
Parties
Student Success/Re-Entry Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2017
the upper management made many poor decisions which has caused the company to go out of business. But that is how it works most of the time in the for profit industry.
Terrible
STUDENT FINANCE PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2017
Felt like a scam working here. Essentially recruiters who were basically sales rep sold students on attending school and it was my job to make sure they took out maximum amount of loans available to them to cover high costs of tuition.
simple work
Student Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJune 22, 2017
Easy job. Many people hired on failed ot take work seriously which made the work environment intolerable at times. I enjoyed what I did and I enjoyed the summer I worked here. Too bad Everest is closed!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corinthian Colleges Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9