Corinthian Colleges Inc.

Corinthian Colleges Inc. Employee Reviews

OUT OF BUSINESS
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), West Sacramento, CAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: TOO MANY TO LIST
This Place SUCKED!!!!

Plain and Simple

co workers were great

Lied to all their students

charged Astronomical tuition for degrees that are not worth anything
Not Bad Till They Closed
Student Information Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 30, 2015
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: Closing down
Very friendly fun atmosphere, management was not the most professional. News came out about Everest Colleges closing down and CCI not providing information to the US Department of education and thats when everything really stopped making sense. No one would keep us informed of what was happening and it was no longer fun to work at.
Productive and exciting place to work
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee), Burr Ridge, ILJune 19, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: for profit
Typical day for me was to greet all students when class started and ended. then, I would run my daily reports and make the necessary calls. My coworkers were always positive, the overall culture was great! The hardest art of my job was when I was loosing students do to life issues. The most enjoyable part was seeing the students when they finished the last day of their program and reflecting on good and bad times
fast fun friendly workplace where students were able to get an education
Receptionist/Administrative (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJune 18, 2015
Pros: workers day, food, sodas, and happy co workers
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at work would be greeting customers, making conversations finding out who they need to speak to, filing paper work, or answering phones.
With the company I can say that I have learned so many things including being able to talk to people, dealing with angry customers,working in an environment that had to do with students who were learning as well as myself.
management was great I could not say there wasn't a time where I wished that my management understood the fact I was coming from very far at times but I also understood that they were just doing their jobs and doing a good job on dealing with students and doing what we had to do in order to make our day successful.
I had excellent coworkers I can only say good things about them,we were a family and when one of us needed something one of us would always be there to help each other.
the hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who are angry and even so it got easier now that I have learned how to talk to them. nothing is ever too hard to do that's the way I see things in life.
the most enjoyable was getting to work and seeing my co workers face always with smiles and helping the students who were ready to strive and earn that diploma because they wanted to do something with their life.
Productive Educational Environment
Business Faculty (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 15, 2015
Good organization, I would rate them on a scale of 1 to 10, an 8. I would accept another job from this organization if offered and continue improving on it's student relations.
good company, bad circumstances
Regional Director of Admissions (Sales) (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 10, 2015
Pros: career advancement opportunites, varied challenges, fun
Cons: hours are 60 plus a week
The positions I held at Corinthian gave me new skills, responsibilities and advancement. Though I was at a new campus monthly, I had new challenges, learned to earn trust of employees quickly, and enjoyed motivating and growing employees and students alike.
n/a - out of business
Program Director, Academic Affairs (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJune 8, 2015
CCi is now out-of-business. Many of the employees were truly dedicated to improving the lives of others. Others' intention may have been less noble, but I know my team and I were dedicated to helping others.
friendly environment with pleasant and helpful employees.
Student Finance Planner (Former Employee), Plainfield, NJJune 5, 2015
This is a good working environment with a lot of contact with students and potential students. Managers are nice and fair. The bad part is that due to change of ownership and some financial issues there have been a lot of lay offs.
What ashame they are gone
Regional Vice President of Sales (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJune 4, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: They are no longer in existence
Corinthian has been shut down be the Government for submitting inaccurate data. It was a great place to work, I enjoyed the work environment and the people. They were made to look like much worse than the punishment received. Shut down 120 campuses across the US and Canada.
Being an assest is what I learned most
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 19, 2015
Pros: Pros were the people and what I was able to learn on a daily basis.
Cons: The con was when I was laid off due to new managment.
While working with Corinthian Colleges I learned the value of respect for the customer as well as how to communicate with different individuals on a routine basis. Not being a liability to the company is the most important thing as well as finding ways to contribute in a productive manner. The hardest part of the job for me was getting through traffic. Although there was constant change I was able to adjust with a smile every day.
Typical Day
Senior Director of Admissions (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMay 14, 2015
• Provide executive leadership for 24 Directors and 240 employees across online service center.
• Established organizational structure by conducting ongoing sales leadership and management development training that vastly improved operations.
• Established and executed enrollment budget plans to ensure quarterly business goals are both satisfied and exceeded.
• Provided guidance and direction to Directors of Admissions and Admissions Representatives with daily support and continuous coaching.
• Effectively communicated and reinforced the ongoing changes to operational policy and procedures.
Already commented not sure why this is coming up again
Senior Vice President (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAMay 12, 2015
Already commented on CCi Good company people are good Really sad that they had to close the doors. Commented to the students and the right thing for them
Analyst (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 12, 2015
Company make sure students had all the necessary tools to succeed in their classes.
all departments collaborated as one to make sure they graduate as after and offer career services
Terrible place to work
Sr Student information Specialist (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAMay 9, 2015
Pros: No pros
Cons: untrustworthy company
Company recently went out of business due to falsifying students information to the department of education. No further review information to give.
Learning Experience
Sr. Registrar (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMay 5, 2015
Pros: Growth, Experience, Understanding
Cons: None. All things lead to an element of knowledge.
Everest - CCI was a great lesson in business. As the company moved toward its possible sale to an outside corporation, the management realized their error and headed toward its true destination. Correct data input is important to produce valid information. This is not computer or software failure. Change and progression is a good thing. Learning is an ongoing function of any job. About 25% of your week is spent in the workplace. Make it a great place to be challenging, enjoyable and safe to be in. Always leave room for growth. Alas, for Everest, this was a little too late and they were denied accreditation. For the past year, Everest College Phoenix was one of the best companies I have worked for and with some of the best people. We bonded, we pushed and we challenged.
Result driven campus, provided managerial training for all management staff
Education Program Chair (Former Employee), Ontario, CAApril 30, 2015
Pros: Great Team to work with, Excellent environment
Cons: none
Managed 80+ student population
Made sure my team of instructors were following cirriculum
Advised students on Attendance & Academic violations
Tracked attendance
Did extern site visits
Sadness to lose so many great people
Director (Current Employee), Tempe, AZApril 29, 2015
As for CCI employees, they are a phenomenal group of people that I had the greatest pleasure of working with. As for the closure of schools, I'm deeply saddened for not only the employees but also the thousands of students.
Changing lives one student at a time
Senior Student Finance Representative/ Planner (Former Employee), Merrillville, INApril 21, 2015
Pros: helping others and watching them succeed
Cons: The campus closed
This was a fast paced, energentic working environment. I was responsible for financing students so they could obtain better lives through schooling.
Enjoyable office work environment
Work Study (temp Clerk) (Former Employee), South PlainfieldApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great office environment
Cons: none so far
Perhaps it was the people or because I actually like the work I was given to do, I actually looked forward to going to work when it came to this job.
Great company I worked for from its early start up years to its prime.
Vice President, Marketing (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAApril 3, 2015
CCi was a fantastic company to work for, for many years. I was able to establish my career there and advanced quickly. The people and culture at CCi were outstanding. It's a shame the company started having issues and was forced to downsize.

1 2 3 4 5

About Corinthian Colleges Inc.

Our mission is to help students prepare for careers in demand or to advance in their chosen field. With more than 91,000 students – Read more

Corinthian Colleges Inc. Salaries

Instructor
$45,000 per year

Corinthian Colleges Inc. Photos

Top Talent Committed to Changing Lives
Corinthian Colleges, Inc. - OC Register Top Work Places, 5 years running! (2008-2012)
Corinthian Colleges, Inc. (CCi) - Campus Support Center (CSC)