Corinthian Colleges Inc.

Corinthian Colleges Inc. Employee Reviews

Financial Aid Counseling
Student Finance Planner (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAAugust 21, 2015
I would meet with prospective student to go over their Financial Aid and monthly investment. Also, they would get an estimate help complete FAFSA and collect any documents need from the student that where requested by the Department of Education.
Helping students obtain aid to go to college.
Financial Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 12, 2015
Underwriting process for Title IV government funds to college students. Continual training and honing of practices to meet business needs. Cross-training in multiple functions.
Pros
Friendly coworkers.
Cons
No raises or promotions in 2 years.
Helping others to see the importance of Education and creating a change in their life is great.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILJuly 21, 2015
Below is a list of some duties performed:
~Placed and received heavy inbound/outbound calls to schedule and conduct interviews, pursue qualified candidates for enrollment, and determined appropriateness of candidates for admission based upon career goal compatibility and redirected unqualified candidates based upon incompatible career goals.
~Consistently conducted follow-up meetings, monthly at minimum, with all applicants to ensure successful matriculation.
~Participated in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities including: open houses, regional presentations, training sessions, orientation programs, career days to accurately explain educational programs, expected outcomes, student services, and financial consideration to students, parents, and educators.

The most challenging part of this position was walking away from an opportunity of creating change in the lives of many. The sudden close of this company was a shock to us as employees as well as students. This is very hard because I loved the impact that this position allowed me to have in the life of others. It allowed me to meet people where there were in their life, sort things out, and create a necessary solution to better their future.

The rewarding thing was for the time I was allowed to create a change, I did it with excellence. Although it was a short lived position, I was able to make an impact in the lives of many and for that I am thankful.
Pros
This position allowed a platform to create change.
Cons
The company closed, which made it one less avenue to impact the loves of other people.
Professional with opportunies for upward mobility
Sr Admissions Rep (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 16, 2015
Professional. Enjoyed working with co-workers and students, compensation was great. Leadership training. Opportunity for advancement
Pros
Raises
Cons
Company sold
Loved what I did--
High School Coordinator (HSC) (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 15, 2015
I absolutely loved what I did while I was there--I had the chane to visit high schools and discuss future plans/give them helpful tidbits on how to succeed after college.

Unfortunately there was a lot going on in upper management that did not bode well with the government.

My job was great, but the pricing of programs were outrageous and hard to sell. I was not a fan of doing admissions work at all.

Management also made sure I was well taken care of when it came to progressing in my career.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Expensive programs, shady practices behind the scenes from upper management.
Productive and fast-paced evironment conducive to leadership growth.
DIVISIONAL DIRECTOR OF RE-ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 14, 2015
Application of technical and professional skills. A day requires quick navigation through problem solving and completion of daily assignments with daily/quarterly/yearly targets in mind. Building relationships by fostering open communication amongst teams, vendors, and clients. Each day required an approach with "good judgement" and a sense of "doing the right thing" by being decisive, involving others, influencing others, learning quickly, and change management. In addition, never losing sight of providing clear directions, feedback, and coaching to develop staff and leaders.
Great company
Department Chair/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 6, 2015
Good company to work for but in need of soft skills training both upper management and faculty. High turnover of both faculty and staff; very unhappy employees constant complaining.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lack of soft skills
High Stress environment
Quality Analyst / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 2, 2015
CCI is a high stress working environment, where the management expects more than one persons share of work from each individual. You are so closely monitored that you do not the liberty to go to the restroom when you need to without being docked points. The point system works well for anyone who has worked there for over a year. The management above your supervisor do not care to know you exist or even speak with you, no matter what the situation. Executive management will find any reason to try and fire you based on their higher than average strict policies. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers, they kept me motivated.
Pros
Paid more than average
Cons
You don't exist
OUT OF BUSINESS
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAJuly 1, 2015
This Place SUCKED!!!!

Plain and Simple

co workers were great

Lied to all their students

charged Astronomical tuition for degrees that are not worth anything
Pros
NONE
Cons
TOO MANY TO LIST
Not Bad Till They Closed
Student Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 30, 2015
Very friendly fun atmosphere, management was not the most professional. News came out about Everest Colleges closing down and CCI not providing information to the US Department of education and thats when everything really stopped making sense. No one would keep us informed of what was happening and it was no longer fun to work at.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Closing down
Productive and exciting place to work
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJune 19, 2015
Typical day for me was to greet all students when class started and ended. then, I would run my daily reports and make the necessary calls. My coworkers were always positive, the overall culture was great! The hardest art of my job was when I was loosing students do to life issues. The most enjoyable part was seeing the students when they finished the last day of their program and reflecting on good and bad times
Pros
great benefits
Cons
for profit
fast fun friendly workplace where students were able to get an education
Receptionist/Administrative (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 18, 2015
a typical day at work would be greeting customers, making conversations finding out who they need to speak to, filing paper work, or answering phones.
With the company I can say that I have learned so many things including being able to talk to people, dealing with angry customers,working in an environment that had to do with students who were learning as well as myself.
management was great I could not say there wasn't a time where I wished that my management understood the fact I was coming from very far at times but I also understood that they were just doing their jobs and doing a good job on dealing with students and doing what we had to do in order to make our day successful.
I had excellent coworkers I can only say good things about them,we were a family and when one of us needed something one of us would always be there to help each other.
the hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who are angry and even so it got easier now that I have learned how to talk to them. nothing is ever too hard to do that's the way I see things in life.
the most enjoyable was getting to work and seeing my co workers face always with smiles and helping the students who were ready to strive and earn that diploma because they wanted to do something with their life.
Pros
workers day, food, sodas, and happy co workers
Cons
short breaks
Productive Educational Environment
Business Faculty (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2015
Good organization, I would rate them on a scale of 1 to 10, an 8. I would accept another job from this organization if offered and continue improving on it's student relations.
good company, bad circumstances
Regional Director of Admissions (Sales) (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 10, 2015
The positions I held at Corinthian gave me new skills, responsibilities and advancement. Though I was at a new campus monthly, I had new challenges, learned to earn trust of employees quickly, and enjoyed motivating and growing employees and students alike.
Pros
career advancement opportunites, varied challenges, fun
Cons
hours are 60 plus a week
n/a - out of business
Program Director, Academic Affairs (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 8, 2015
CCi is now out-of-business. Many of the employees were truly dedicated to improving the lives of others. Others' intention may have been less noble, but I know my team and I were dedicated to helping others.
friendly environment with pleasant and helpful employees.
Student Finance Planner (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, NJJune 5, 2015
This is a good working environment with a lot of contact with students and potential students. Managers are nice and fair. The bad part is that due to change of ownership and some financial issues there have been a lot of lay offs.
What ashame they are gone
Regional Vice President of Sales (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 4, 2015
Corinthian has been shut down be the Government for submitting inaccurate data. It was a great place to work, I enjoyed the work environment and the people. They were made to look like much worse than the punishment received. Shut down 120 campuses across the US and Canada.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
They are no longer in existence
Being an assest is what I learned most
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 19, 2015
While working with Corinthian Colleges I learned the value of respect for the customer as well as how to communicate with different individuals on a routine basis. Not being a liability to the company is the most important thing as well as finding ways to contribute in a productive manner. The hardest part of the job for me was getting through traffic. Although there was constant change I was able to adjust with a smile every day.
Pros
Pros were the people and what I was able to learn on a daily basis.
Cons
The con was when I was laid off due to new managment.
Typical Day
Senior Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 14, 2015
• Provide executive leadership for 24 Directors and 240 employees across online service center.
• Established organizational structure by conducting ongoing sales leadership and management development training that vastly improved operations.
• Established and executed enrollment budget plans to ensure quarterly business goals are both satisfied and exceeded.
• Provided guidance and direction to Directors of Admissions and Admissions Representatives with daily support and continuous coaching.
• Effectively communicated and reinforced the ongoing changes to operational policy and procedures.
Already commented not sure why this is coming up again
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 12, 2015
Already commented on CCi Good company people are good Really sad that they had to close the doors. Commented to the students and the right thing for them