Corinthian Colleges Inc. Employee Reviews

Run....run far away
Career Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2016
When it was open, this was a company where I got my start into education. I stayed way too long. This is a place to start not to stay.
Could have been great!
RAVP of Sales (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 16, 2016
Corinthian Colleges was a great place to work for many years until they lost sight of the most important thing.......the students well being and quality of education.
Pros
Good middle management
Cons
Terrible top level management
A great place to help dreams come true.
MA & Phlebotomy Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAFebruary 8, 2016
It was a great experience. I learned so much and most of all I was able to help so many people learn about the medical field.
business Anaylyst
Business Analyst (Project Unity) (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 28, 2016
worked on converting the old computer system to a new one. While doing this conversion had teo resolve issues that came up and fixed them. Learned how and figured out hwo to make system work for me, for what I needed to do. Meet a lot of interesting people still friends with many.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
constant travel
Great opportunity to help students
Manager of High School Admissions (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 4, 2016
A day at work usually consists of working with students needing guidance and assistance from 8 AM to 5 PM. A typical appointment will have me meet with a potential student, and walk them through the enrollment process from start to finish, including Financial Aid assistance. I have learned that there are so many people that need the assistance we can give them, that I wish I could help everyone. My team of counselors takes customer service to levels I have never seen, and I am proud to work by them side by side, and to lead them. The hardest part of the job I see is that I really cannot help everyone. The most enjoyable part is that I get to live a life knowing that I am striving to make a difference everyday.
A productive workplace that stayed number one in LA Times for 7 yrs
Credit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 9, 2015
Corinthian College was a very enjoyable workplace. I was blessed to be in the corporate office of Everest Colleges until the company went bankruptcy and my employment terminated Jan 1 2014. I enjoyed the challenges of helping students achieve their dreams and goals by continuing give the best loans possible for their situations.

My manager, and co workers were all supreme. I loved my job, however I am ready to adventure new beginnings.I look forward to the opportunities and growth that are before me and welcome what life has to offer.
Pros
Expensive festivities for the employees and nice company perks
Cons
Long hours for deadlines and month ending reports.
Great experience
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 2, 2015
This was a time of my life that I worked hard, learned a lot, took my experience and used it to obtained upward movement in the company. But as I was promoted, I saw a different side of management. Some was great, and some I felt was not good practices. Learning from my opportunities I know that I could do a better job.
Pros
Great beneifts, god job experience
Cons
Uppermanagement
Enjoyable place to work.
Medical Assistant Instructor Duties (Former Employee) –  Merrionette Park, ILNovember 8, 2015
I enjoyed working for Everest College and it had a great management team. We were allowed to add to the curriculum to enhance what was being taught. I enjoyed the professional instructor student relationships and seeing students reach their goals.
We also had a great teaching staff and we made an awesome team together.
Pros
Our campus reached out to our students to help them to be successful.
Cons
Lay offs and the closure of the school.
Great place to work, like a family
Student Loan Counselor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 23, 2015
Great company, great co workers, great management. Always kept employees in the loop about important matters. Valued their employees, great pay.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
No raises
Interesting
Director of Student Services (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 20, 2015
Company is no longer functioning as Everest. Company was a very interesting place to work. Out of sorts most times and no long term vision.
Not your regular call center
Student Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 28, 2015
Best part or working at this call center is that you are actually helping other by motivating them to further their education.
Failed Me
Financial Aid Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 24, 2015
Thought i was involved with a good solid company until we were all laid off suddenly. The only constellation was the 2 months continued pay and severance we were offered.
Challenging but exciting place to grow as a Representative
Senior Student Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 22, 2015
Grate place to work with supportive management. It was not about the numbers but how you personally would grow and develop. I loved the feed back I got because it help me grow as a student information specialist. Working alongside my colleagues was fun but it also let us learn from each other by listening to our calls that we had with the students. Everyday was different because I had a lot of variety in what I did from speaking with the students to working on projects that would challenge me and excited me.
Pros
Feedback, free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Was an excellent company in it's prime years.
Purchasing Coordinator/ Buyer/ E-Procurement (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 22, 2015
This was once one of the leading education companies providing education services to individuals who were challenged by life circumstances. There were some valid instructors who really cared about the progress of the students. It is unfortunate that greed took over the upper management levels which in turn was one of the downfalls of this giant leader in the for profit education world.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, great benefits and retirement plan.
Cons
Advancement was based on who you know not what you know, Preferential treatment for some team members.
CCI - Through Aerotek Staffing
Student Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 20, 2015
My days at CCI were very enjoyable. The staff was amazing along with the training. Management was always a pleasure. The co-workers that I worked with were all very nice. The hardest part of my job was picking up more hours. The most enjoyable part of my job was doing what I am best at... Customer Service/Call Handling/Data Entry.
Daily Goals
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 19, 2015
Learning a different type of colletions with a private colleges, working with students with balances and to help resolve and set arrangement.
Pros
Direct Leadership within the Dept and everyone worked together
Cons
New ownership and now my Layoff Notice Nov 1st
exciting place to work
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 16, 2015
great work balance; excited to change lives; loved the people who I worked with; emotional attachment; uplifting moments
benefits
Cons
security
Fun while it lasting/No growth potential
Student Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Thornton,CoSeptember 12, 2015
Company was bought by another company and still not strong enough to remain open.No job security, No longevity on the job. It will close the doors Dec. 1st. Never a raise even after some employees dedicated 3 years to the company.
Pros
coworkers and student enrollment process
Cons
no job security, favoritism, job ending after buyout
Decent commpany to work for intially
Admissions Representative-Everest College (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 7, 2015
I loved helping students develop their career goals, but when the CEO changed the students became revenue lines instead of people.
Nice place to work
Student Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 2, 2015
Overall opinion is that this was a nice place to work. I learned a lot about the education field. They seemed to care about their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corinthian Colleges Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9