Corinthian Colleges Inc.

Corinthian Colleges Inc. Employee Reviews

Admission Rep at Everest University
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: happy students for those who really wanted to attend school online.
Cons: using very old data given to us, we were trying to get folks to attend school online and no one was interested.
Typical day at work was chasing down students via telephone to get their application process completed, and reaching out to the new prospects and walking them through the application process online. I learned a lot about the call center processes, the admissions rep desk as well as the financial aid processes. The hardest part of the job was taking old contact information and trying to get someone to go to school who had in fact two years prior decided not to go and we were using very old data to do this. It appeared to be a waste of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was having my students give me a call after starting classes and letting me know how happy they were that they made the decision to get started!
Fun Workplace
Student Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: quarterly award ceremonies
Cons: healthcare
A typical workday included making over a hundred phone calls through the computer system to students in hopes of connecting and helping them save their student loans from defaulting. Management wasn't effective with communicating changes that were going on within the company until the last minute. The hardest part of the job was having a manager that has never done the job tell you how to do it and then having to teach the manager how to do it. The most enjoyable part of my day were my coworkers and also when I could get through to a student and they were thankful for the help.
Fun work enviroment
Student Finance Support Representative II (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 6, 2015
Loved working here. Gained experience and knowledge in the financial aid industry. Worked with great people. Work could be Monotonous.
Poor management, lack of communication and the future unknown
Program Chair (Former Employee), Thornton, COFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: lack of communication
management was poor which led to really bad communication between administration and staff. Very good at keeping everyone in the dark as far as school buyout and closing of programs and schools. Even though they are owned by a new company I still wouldn't trust them!
Productive, Fun workplace
High School Coordinator (Former Employee), Gardena, CAFebruary 2, 2015
I enjoyed my time working for this company. It was very sad when we all learned the company was being sold and a result over 5000 people was layed off.
I had a great team.
Regional Associate Vice President (Current Employee), Chicago, IllJanuary 28, 2015
CCi was sold and in process cut my entire team. However, my department managers were good.
great
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 20, 2015
great company friendly staff great pay, students are just lovely. Management is very supportive. Facility is nice and clean. Overall morale is good. Plenty of activities. I look forward to a long relationship with this company. I am very happy
good school to get your foot in the door for an education
Student Finance Officer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 19, 2015
worked as team with all departments
got enjoyment from seeing a student graduate with a certificate in their chosen field.
Providing advanced wireless solutions since day one
Student Finance Support Representative 1 & 2 (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 15, 2015
This started out as a small mom and pop wireless retail store. It blossomed into three stores within 1 year, that provided multiple cellular services from multiple carrier selection to cellular repair. I had the opportunity to accept a management position and help market our advanced services to over 20 other wireless retail stores in the Colorado Springs area. We built up a good reputation with excellent customer reviews by offering personalized services through our qualifying processes.
Micro-Leads
SS (Former Employee), TampaJanuary 3, 2015
These individuals are pretty hilarious as they walk around thinking that they actually 'lead' something. Still conducting meetings to discuss strategies for contacting and placing/waiving grads. LOL

Meetings to create a smoke screen, meetings to create b1+c# sessions, meetings to decide the next 'pot luck' and the necessity of them to push down on you by saying "it's not me it's the Directors above me"

Funny thing is they have now placed themselves as a part of the problem, after all of the complaints they made prior to December..

Put it away already! Just do the job and forget about the meeting already, can't you see that has what got us here?

2 many faces now...
Management system needs improvement
Student Financial Advisor - Call Center (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 29, 2014
Pros: opportunity to move up
Cons: no flexibility
I like to opportunity that this workplace gave to its employees to pursue further their education. It is a very fast paste place to work and it is fun.
Productive and fun place to work
Career Services Representative (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 23, 2014
Pros: movie and game days, good benefits
Cons: work on holidays
I come into work 20 minutes early to get coffee and say hello to the people around me. Then, I log into my computer and phone, so I can start making calls to graduates. Notes are placed in the computer to document the outcome of the call. If the graduate answers, I walk them through a series of questions, try to complete 2 mock interviews, go over interviewing attire, including jewlrey, piercings, tattoos, shoes, cell phone, and everything pertaining to proper etiquette.
I have learned that you cannot assume that the graduates know all of these things so we educate them.
My managers are always there for us and are alot of fun yet still serious about getting the work done.
My co-workers are great and we all work together as a team.
The biggest challenge in my job is knowing when to reach the graduates. Most of them are working and their schedules vary. We just keep calling and emailing so we can try to assist them in finding a job in their degree field.
Corinthian Colleges is officially no more
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CADecember 19, 2014
Company was disbanded due to legal issues. Its schools were sold to other companies, or closed for campuses that were under-performing.
Love what I do
Account Representative- City of Industry (Current Employee), City of IndustryDecember 1, 2014
Enjoyed the company and the culture.Identify sources for job leads, spending up to 80% of time prospecting, making cold calls, and managing accounts through sales calls and meetings
Manage and expand on-going employer relationships by conducting various touch points, including phone calls, emails, and site visits
Effectively manage pipeline of activities that lead to graduate employment
Serve as primary point of contact for all employer interactions
Fun work enviorment
Student Information Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, ColoradoNovember 13, 2014
Call Center that provides a great work environment with great people.
Gained management expertise
Director of Career Services (Current Employee), Brighton, MANovember 11, 2014
Constant state of cutbacks and change since inception. Teach-out completed during October, 2014.
Decent Company
Placement Verification Specialist (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CANovember 6, 2014
Call center environment. You are micro managed. This can be stressful at times, but it is a job.
I teach online
Teacher (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CANovember 3, 2014
A typical day at work is to interact online with the students answer their emails, answering their questions and providing them with important feedback.
Felt like a twilight zone
Student Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: decent pay, pot lucks
Cons: part time, constant reviews
The favoritism was pretty annoying-which I've experienced before but this was pretty bad. Almost all the supervisors were annoyingly lazy, rude or didn't know what the heck they were doing. The only good part was a COUPLE (out of over 100) nice peeps but other than that everyone else was cold or just seemed miserable. Glad I got the experience is really the only good thing.
Time at CCI
Student Finance Planner / Student Guide (Former Employee), Tempe, AZOctober 18, 2014
A day at CCI depending on your location determined your happiness in a sense. At the Tempe branch, it was a good day if you weren't yelled at from a different department and your upper management looked to you for help. From time to time, you get praised or given some type of leadership role. But the companies opportunities for advancement were very poor. Positions to move up were very difficult and the people to decide on who moved up were very biased and always selected favorites. At a ground campus, the department that I was in was treated very poorly and personal time, say for lunch, breaks, or shift ending, did not matter at any point. Every thing would be pushed back because a different department could not communicate or handle their time appropriately and my department would suffer their mistakes and there would be hardly any time away from the office.

About Corinthian Colleges Inc.

Our mission is to help students prepare for careers in demand or to advance in their chosen field. With more than 91,000 students – Read more

Corinthian Colleges Inc. Salaries

Instructor
$45,000 per year

Corinthian Colleges Inc. Photos

Top Talent Committed to Changing Lives
Corinthian Colleges, Inc. - OC Register Top Work Places, 5 years running! (2008-2012)
Corinthian Colleges, Inc. (CCi) - Campus Support Center (CSC)