Corinthian Colleges Inc. Employee Reviews

Company was shady and had legal issues
Student Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 16, 2016
Co-workers were great, but management was not.
The pay wasn't enough for the work asked and the cost of living for southern California.
Company ran into legal issues with fraud and they ended up getting shut down and having to sell all their assets.
College
Student Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 11, 2016
Going in with the expectation set for myself, that I would make each day better for the students looking to further their education.
Good company
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Portland, OregonJuly 25, 2016
Heald College was a good school to work at and CCI was a fair employer overall. This career path demands a lot of hours and persistent dedication to goal attainment, but is rewarding in its help to students.
I had a great experience.
DIRECTOR OF STUDENT SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 8, 2016
While I was with CCI, I had a great experience and was able to move up very quickly. The people I worked with were amazing and I miss them a lot.
A great team environment and a place of growth.
Student Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 28, 2016
At Corinthian Colleges, everyone worked as a team making it very easy to complete tasks and assist students. Corinthian Colleges was a stable occupation in which everyone had the opportunity to grow.
Diverse student population
Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 24, 2016
The diverse student population provided great opportunity to put into effect the different learning styles. the staff were very helpful and willing to show me the ropes when I started and during my tenure there.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MsMay 6, 2016
Excellent work environment. Employees make the job very easy. We had weekly meeting and they were given their assignment for the week and they were self motivation and could be depended on to get the assignment completed in a timely manner. They came to me with any assistance that they needed and I guided them with their concerns. I usually had a 5 minute one on one with each of my employees daily to review where they were just to ensure they were on target. We had a very informal team and it created a calm environment to work and they enjoyed the trust that I placed on them. Micromanagement would not have worked with these highly motivated group of professionals and they always completed their work even if it required some overtime. They were all salaried so it did not create any additional overtime expense.
Pros
The work environment had only pros
Cons
No cons
Run....run far away
Career Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2016
When it was open, this was a company where I got my start into education. I stayed way too long. This is a place to start not to stay.
Could have been great!
RAVP of Sales (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 16, 2016
Corinthian Colleges was a great place to work for many years until they lost sight of the most important thing.......the students well being and quality of education.
Pros
Good middle management
Cons
Terrible top level management
A great place to help dreams come true.
MA & Phlebotomy Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAFebruary 8, 2016
It was a great experience. I learned so much and most of all I was able to help so many people learn about the medical field.
business Anaylyst
Business Analyst (Project Unity) (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 28, 2016
worked on converting the old computer system to a new one. While doing this conversion had teo resolve issues that came up and fixed them. Learned how and figured out hwo to make system work for me, for what I needed to do. Meet a lot of interesting people still friends with many.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
constant travel
Great opportunity to help students
Manager of High School Admissions (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 4, 2016
A day at work usually consists of working with students needing guidance and assistance from 8 AM to 5 PM. A typical appointment will have me meet with a potential student, and walk them through the enrollment process from start to finish, including Financial Aid assistance. I have learned that there are so many people that need the assistance we can give them, that I wish I could help everyone. My team of counselors takes customer service to levels I have never seen, and I am proud to work by them side by side, and to lead them. The hardest part of the job I see is that I really cannot help everyone. The most enjoyable part is that I get to live a life knowing that I am striving to make a difference everyday.
A productive workplace that stayed number one in LA Times for 7 yrs
Credit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 9, 2015
Corinthian College was a very enjoyable workplace. I was blessed to be in the corporate office of Everest Colleges until the company went bankruptcy and my employment terminated Jan 1 2014. I enjoyed the challenges of helping students achieve their dreams and goals by continuing give the best loans possible for their situations.

My manager, and co workers were all supreme. I loved my job, however I am ready to adventure new beginnings.I look forward to the opportunities and growth that are before me and welcome what life has to offer.
Pros
Expensive festivities for the employees and nice company perks
Cons
Long hours for deadlines and month ending reports.
Great experience
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 2, 2015
This was a time of my life that I worked hard, learned a lot, took my experience and used it to obtained upward movement in the company. But as I was promoted, I saw a different side of management. Some was great, and some I felt was not good practices. Learning from my opportunities I know that I could do a better job.
Pros
Great beneifts, god job experience
Cons
Uppermanagement
Enjoyable place to work.
Medical Assistant Instructor Duties (Former Employee) –  Merrionette Park, ILNovember 8, 2015
I enjoyed working for Everest College and it had a great management team. We were allowed to add to the curriculum to enhance what was being taught. I enjoyed the professional instructor student relationships and seeing students reach their goals.
We also had a great teaching staff and we made an awesome team together.
Pros
Our campus reached out to our students to help them to be successful.
Cons
Lay offs and the closure of the school.
Great place to work, like a family
Student Loan Counselor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 23, 2015
Great company, great co workers, great management. Always kept employees in the loop about important matters. Valued their employees, great pay.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
No raises
Interesting
Director of Student Services (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 20, 2015
Company is no longer functioning as Everest. Company was a very interesting place to work. Out of sorts most times and no long term vision.
Not your regular call center
Student Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 28, 2015
Best part or working at this call center is that you are actually helping other by motivating them to further their education.
Failed Me
Financial Aid Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 24, 2015
Thought i was involved with a good solid company until we were all laid off suddenly. The only constellation was the 2 months continued pay and severance we were offered.
Challenging but exciting place to grow as a Representative
Senior Student Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 22, 2015
Grate place to work with supportive management. It was not about the numbers but how you personally would grow and develop. I loved the feed back I got because it help me grow as a student information specialist. Working alongside my colleagues was fun but it also let us learn from each other by listening to our calls that we had with the students. Everyday was different because I had a lot of variety in what I did from speaking with the students to working on projects that would challenge me and excited me.
Pros
Feedback, free lunches
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corinthian Colleges Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9