Corinthian Colleges Inc. Employee Reviews

Professional with opportunies for upward mobility
Sr Admissions Rep (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 16, 2015
Professional. Enjoyed working with co-workers and students, compensation was great. Leadership training. Opportunity for advancement
Pros
Raises
Cons
Company sold
Productive and fast-paced evironment conducive to leadership growth.
DIVISIONAL DIRECTOR OF RE-ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 14, 2015
Application of technical and professional skills. A day requires quick navigation through problem solving and completion of daily assignments with daily/quarterly/yearly targets in mind. Building relationships by fostering open communication amongst teams, vendors, and clients. Each day required an approach with "good judgement" and a sense of "doing the right thing" by being decisive, involving others, influencing others, learning quickly, and change management. In addition, never losing sight of providing clear directions, feedback, and coaching to develop staff and leaders.
High Stress environment
Quality Analyst / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 2, 2015
CCI is a high stress working environment, where the management expects more than one persons share of work from each individual. You are so closely monitored that you do not the liberty to go to the restroom when you need to without being docked points. The point system works well for anyone who has worked there for over a year. The management above your supervisor do not care to know you exist or even speak with you, no matter what the situation. Executive management will find any reason to try and fire you based on their higher than average strict policies. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers, they kept me motivated.
Pros
Paid more than average
Cons
You don't exist
Changing Students Lives One by One
High School Admissions, Sr. Counselor (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 3, 2012
Changing Students Lives One by One; I love this family oriented environment, but I seek to find more challenging work as a career. I am seeking more of a consulting, human resources, management opportunity. I seek a career without micro management; I enjoy generating new business and new ideas. I enjoy finding ways to save money and improve the company's ROI.
Pros
return on investment
Cons
vacation time, and commission
Friendly and passionate employees
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 9, 2014
Great working environment. All the staff are friendly and passionate about serving our students. Great work/life balance and excellent compensation. My first professional job out of college.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, 401 k
Cons
Job security
CCI - Through Aerotek Staffing
Student Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 20, 2015
My days at CCI were very enjoyable. The staff was amazing along with the training. Management was always a pleasure. The co-workers that I worked with were all very nice. The hardest part of my job was picking up more hours. The most enjoyable part of my job was doing what I am best at... Customer Service/Call Handling/Data Entry.
Run....run far away
Career Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2016
When it was open, this was a company where I got my start into education. I stayed way too long. This is a place to start not to stay.
You may not have a job for long
Staff (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 28, 2014
The future of this company is pretty bleak right now. The stick price is under $1, the company is under numerous investigations, enrollment is declining, and moral is pretty poor. If you take a job here I would not count on it lasting long.

Staff is good to work with. Management is a close knit bunch that does whatever they are told from the group above them to keep their job or advance their career. Unfortunately the higher up management you go the more incompetent they get. See above for the results.
Great company to grow and learn about about the post secondary education system
Director of Education, Dekalb Campus (Former Employee) –  Deklab GAMarch 27, 2012
Gave me the opportunity to grow from an instructor to a Director and provided training and advancement to all.
Pros
great compensation, benefits
Cons
no work life balance
business Anaylyst
Business Analyst (Project Unity) (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 28, 2016
worked on converting the old computer system to a new one. While doing this conversion had teo resolve issues that came up and fixed them. Learned how and figured out hwo to make system work for me, for what I needed to do. Meet a lot of interesting people still friends with many.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
constant travel

Want to know more about Corinthian Colleges Inc.?

Ask a question
Very Different
Sales Activities (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 3, 2015
Many inexperienced Manager, the buddy system is in full effect, ton of unskilled labor, from top to bottom a complete lack of motivation to improve what could be a very successful business under proper management. New management recently took over from a far but no affective changes have taken place.
Pros
Salary and Leave
Cons
Management, labor load
Learning Experience
Sr. Registrar (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 5, 2015
Everest - CCI was a great lesson in business. As the company moved toward its possible sale to an outside corporation, the management realized their error and headed toward its true destination. Correct data input is important to produce valid information. This is not computer or software failure. Change and progression is a good thing. Learning is an ongoing function of any job. About 25% of your week is spent in the workplace. Make it a great place to be challenging, enjoyable and safe to be in. Always leave room for growth. Alas, for Everest, this was a little too late and they were denied accreditation. For the past year, Everest College Phoenix was one of the best companies I have worked for and with some of the best people. We bonded, we pushed and we challenged.
Pros
Growth, Experience, Understanding
Cons
None. All things lead to an element of knowledge.
Horrible company to work for.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 16, 2014
Micromanagement from the underworld. Proprietary education exploiting the less fortunate demographics while management encourages phone call harassment to sign up for college even if the number is reassigned or disconnected. As long as a persons phone number is in their database, they will call.
Pros
They pay well
Cons
Multiple layoffs, no job security, no chance of advancement without BA or BS
Great company I worked for from its early start up years to its prime.
Vice President, Marketing (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 3, 2015
CCi was a fantastic company to work for, for many years. I was able to establish my career there and advanced quickly. The people and culture at CCi were outstanding. It's a shame the company started having issues and was forced to downsize.
Typical Day
Senior Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 14, 2015
• Provide executive leadership for 24 Directors and 240 employees across online service center.
• Established organizational structure by conducting ongoing sales leadership and management development training that vastly improved operations.
• Established and executed enrollment budget plans to ensure quarterly business goals are both satisfied and exceeded.
• Provided guidance and direction to Directors of Admissions and Admissions Representatives with daily support and continuous coaching.
• Effectively communicated and reinforced the ongoing changes to operational policy and procedures.
Was voted on of the best companies to work for 10+ years ago. Now one of the worst...
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 20, 2014
I would not recommend anybody to work for this company. They do not appreciate their employees. There are constant layoffs and no job security. Poor and bad executive and management decisions have lead this once great company down the drain. The company is being sued left and right. Google it.
Pros
nothing comes to mind
Cons
constant layoffs and high turn over rate
Terrible place to work
Director of Career Services (Former Employee) –  Hayward CAOctober 26, 2012
Worst job I have ever had. I worked in management/career services department for 6 months.
Company has no ethics in recruiting students, does a poor job in training students, and has a poor reputation with employers.

Training for this position was given too little too late. Incredible preasure to place students in job market. Little support/overworked, and staff unmotivated.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
A great place to help dreams come true.
MA & Phlebotomy Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAFebruary 8, 2016
It was a great experience. I learned so much and most of all I was able to help so many people learn about the medical field.
A Boot Camp.
Student Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thorton, COMay 25, 2014
A typical day was a boot camp, your always on edge, management is hard, it is a sales position even though they say it is not, your co-workers are unprofessional, they treat the position as just a paycheck. the hardest part of the job was not wanting to walk out, the most enjoyable part of the job, when the day was over.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
The Enviroment.
Takes care of their employee's
Student Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COJanuary 22, 2014
Management is blind to what is happening on the "production floor". Supervisors are never to be found, and a lot of cliques have formed. Management treats their employees incredible, how ever this cannot be said about the superiors that were hired to "supervise" us.
Pros
awesome hours, benefits and pay
Cons
poor judgement of supervision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corinthian Colleges Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9