Corinthian Colleges Inc.

Corinthian Colleges Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun work enviroment
Student Finance Support Representative II (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 6, 2015
Loved working here. Gained experience and knowledge in the financial aid industry. Worked with great people. Work could be Monotonous.
Poor management, lack of communication and the future unknown
Program Chair (Former Employee), Thornton, COFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: lack of communication
management was poor which led to really bad communication between administration and staff. Very good at keeping everyone in the dark as far as school buyout and closing of programs and schools. Even though they are owned by a new company I still wouldn't trust them!
Productive, Fun workplace
High School Coordinator (Former Employee), Gardena, CAFebruary 2, 2015
I enjoyed my time working for this company. It was very sad when we all learned the company was being sold and a result over 5000 people was layed off.
I had a great team.
Regional Associate Vice President (Current Employee), Chicago, IllJanuary 28, 2015
CCi was sold and in process cut my entire team. However, my department managers were good.
great
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 20, 2015
great company friendly staff great pay, students are just lovely. Management is very supportive. Facility is nice and clean. Overall morale is good. Plenty of activities. I look forward to a long relationship with this company. I am very happy
good school to get your foot in the door for an education
Student Finance Officer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 19, 2015
worked as team with all departments
got enjoyment from seeing a student graduate with a certificate in their chosen field.
Providing advanced wireless solutions since day one
Student Finance Support Representative 1 & 2 (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 15, 2015
This started out as a small mom and pop wireless retail store. It blossomed into three stores within 1 year, that provided multiple cellular services from multiple carrier selection to cellular repair. I had the opportunity to accept a management position and help market our advanced services to over 20 other wireless retail stores in the Colorado Springs area. We built up a good reputation with excellent customer reviews by offering personalized services through our qualifying processes.
Micro-Leads
SS (Former Employee), TampaJanuary 3, 2015
These individuals are pretty hilarious as they walk around thinking that they actually 'lead' something. Still conducting meetings to discuss strategies for contacting and placing/waiving grads. LOL

Meetings to create a smoke screen, meetings to create b1+c# sessions, meetings to decide the next 'pot luck' and the necessity of them to push down on you by saying "it's not me it's the Directors above me"

Funny thing is they have now placed themselves as a part of the problem, after all of the complaints they made prior to December..

Put it away already! Just do the job and forget about the meeting already, can't you see that has what got us here?

2 many faces now...
Management system needs improvement
Student Financial Advisor - Call Center (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 29, 2014
Pros: opportunity to move up
Cons: no flexibility
I like to opportunity that this workplace gave to its employees to pursue further their education. It is a very fast paste place to work and it is fun.
Productive and fun place to work
Career Services Representative (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 23, 2014
Pros: movie and game days, good benefits
Cons: work on holidays
I come into work 20 minutes early to get coffee and say hello to the people around me. Then, I log into my computer and phone, so I can start making calls to graduates. Notes are placed in the computer to document the outcome of the call. If the graduate answers, I walk them through a series of questions, try to complete 2 mock interviews, go over interviewing attire, including jewlrey, piercings, tattoos, shoes, cell phone, and everything pertaining to proper etiquette.
I have learned that you cannot assume that the graduates know all of these things so we educate them.
My managers are always there for us and are alot of fun yet still serious about getting the work done.
My co-workers are great and we all work together as a team.
The biggest challenge in my job is knowing when to reach the graduates. Most of them are working and their schedules vary. We just keep calling and emailing so we can try to assist them in finding a job in their degree field.
Corinthian Colleges is officially no more
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CADecember 19, 2014
Company was disbanded due to legal issues. Its schools were sold to other companies, or closed for campuses that were under-performing.
Love what I do
Account Representative- City of Industry (Current Employee), City of IndustryDecember 1, 2014
Enjoyed the company and the culture.Identify sources for job leads, spending up to 80% of time prospecting, making cold calls, and managing accounts through sales calls and meetings
Manage and expand on-going employer relationships by conducting various touch points, including phone calls, emails, and site visits
Effectively manage pipeline of activities that lead to graduate employment
Serve as primary point of contact for all employer interactions
Fun work enviorment
Student Information Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, ColoradoNovember 13, 2014
Call Center that provides a great work environment with great people.
Gained management expertise
Director of Career Services (Current Employee), Brighton, MANovember 11, 2014
Constant state of cutbacks and change since inception. Teach-out completed during October, 2014.
Decent Company
Placement Verification Specialist (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CANovember 6, 2014
Call center environment. You are micro managed. This can be stressful at times, but it is a job.
I teach online
Teacher (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CANovember 3, 2014
A typical day at work is to interact online with the students answer their emails, answering their questions and providing them with important feedback.
Felt like a twilight zone
Student Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: decent pay, pot lucks
Cons: part time, constant reviews
The favoritism was pretty annoying-which I've experienced before but this was pretty bad. Almost all the supervisors were annoyingly lazy, rude or didn't know what the heck they were doing. The only good part was a COUPLE (out of over 100) nice peeps but other than that everyone else was cold or just seemed miserable. Glad I got the experience is really the only good thing.
Time at CCI
Student Finance Planner / Student Guide (Former Employee), Tempe, AZOctober 18, 2014
A day at CCI depending on your location determined your happiness in a sense. At the Tempe branch, it was a good day if you weren't yelled at from a different department and your upper management looked to you for help. From time to time, you get praised or given some type of leadership role. But the companies opportunities for advancement were very poor. Positions to move up were very difficult and the people to decide on who moved up were very biased and always selected favorites. At a ground campus, the department that I was in was treated very poorly and personal time, say for lunch, breaks, or shift ending, did not matter at any point. Every thing would be pushed back because a different department could not communicate or handle their time appropriately and my department would suffer their mistakes and there would be hardly any time away from the office.
Company is unethical
PROGRAM LEAD/PROFESSOR (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, ColoradoOctober 18, 2014
Pros: nice peers
Cons: dishonest
Currently under review by the SEC and DOE. Company has handle their finances badly and have used unethical practices to enroll students.
it was a great experience
Student Information Specialist (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAOctober 15, 2014
i learned a lot working for these companies. it taught we a lot about the business world and helped my customer service skills.
Headquarters