Corinthian Colleges Inc.

Corinthian Colleges Inc. Employee Reviews

Worst place to work ever
Medical Assistant, Externship (6 Weeks) (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 19, 2015
This was the worst place that I have ever worked in my life. The schedule was always overbooked and patients would be left sitting in the waiting room for hours in pain and there was nothing I could do to help that and it made me sad.
Pros
I completed my externship with an excellent rating
Cons
I was miserable during my time there
Great People
COMMUNITY OUTREACH COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  orlandoMarch 17, 2015
Great place to work. Not too much drama. My schedule was very open and bosses were great. We worked as a team. Good benefits.
Pros
Events, Food, Pay
Cons
uppper management issues with money, layoff
Job Security Consitanly Fluciates
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2015
Good place to work in the past with the intention to help others. Hardest part was dealing with uncertainty and poor leadership strategies.
Pros
Helpling others, Fun Staff
Cons
Work Life balance, Inconsistancies
No room for advancement
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 6, 2015
No room to grow and split shift for instructors. Very little respect and low employee morale. Sad place to work. Pay has not increased in several years.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and split shift
Productive friendly workplace
Medical Administration Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day at work includes interacting with students in a learning environment through lectures and demonstrations.
Pros
No micro managing
Cons
short breaks between classes
Unprofessional gossip mill
Senior Placement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Everest Institute, Newport NewsFebruary 23, 2015
The actual work is fantastic. The students are motivated and easy to help. The instructors are helpful and work well with the administration departments. However, Admissions is poorly run and treats other departments like garbage. The Corporate office does not manage campus sites as well as it should.
Pros
Flexible hours, wonderful students
Cons
inter-departmental relations, management
Enjoyed helping students.
Externship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 18, 2015
This is the most rewarding job I have ever had. I enjoyed working with the medical field and assisting students in finding a externship and permanent job.

Unfortunately, I was set up in this job by the director of Career Services and let go. I knew she was giving false reports to corporate office and tried to explain to president but they wouldn't listen as she had already told them I was back stabbing her. Not true.

Anyway...she was fired 6 months after me as corporate found out she was lying.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
bad director and president
poor
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 13, 2015
the company overall is great but the different campuses individual are not , it depends on management , it could be much better
Pros
flexibility
Cons
not very sympathetic to their clients or employees needs
Admission Rep at Everest University
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 8, 2015
Typical day at work was chasing down students via telephone to get their application process completed, and reaching out to the new prospects and walking them through the application process online. I learned a lot about the call center processes, the admissions rep desk as well as the financial aid processes. The hardest part of the job was taking old contact information and trying to get someone to go to school who had in fact two years prior decided not to go and we were using very old data to do this. It appeared to be a waste of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was having my students give me a call after starting classes and letting me know how happy they were that they made the decision to get started!
Pros
Happy students for those who really wanted to attend school online.
Cons
Using very old data given to us, we were trying to get folks to attend school online and no one was interested.
Fun Workplace
Student Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 6, 2015
A typical workday included making over a hundred phone calls through the computer system to students in hopes of connecting and helping them save their student loans from defaulting. Management wasn't effective with communicating changes that were going on within the company until the last minute. The hardest part of the job was having a manager that has never done the job tell you how to do it and then having to teach the manager how to do it. The most enjoyable part of my day were my coworkers and also when I could get through to a student and they were thankful for the help.
Pros
Quarterly Award Ceremonies
Cons
Healthcare
Fun work enviroment
Student Finance Support Representative II (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 6, 2015
Loved working here. Gained experience and knowledge in the financial aid industry. Worked with great people. Work could be Monotonous.
Poor management, lack of communication and the future unknown
Program Chair (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COFebruary 4, 2015
management was poor which led to really bad communication between administration and staff. Very good at keeping everyone in the dark as far as school buyout and closing of programs and schools. Even though they are owned by a new company I still wouldn't trust them!
Pros
location
Cons
lack of communication
Productive, Fun workplace
High School Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAFebruary 2, 2015
I enjoyed my time working for this company. It was very sad when we all learned the company was being sold and a result over 5000 people was layed off.
I had a great team.
Regional Associate Vice President (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IllJanuary 28, 2015
CCi was sold and in process cut my entire team. However, my department managers were good.
great
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 20, 2015
great company friendly staff great pay, students are just lovely. Management is very supportive. Facility is nice and clean. Overall morale is good. Plenty of activities. I look forward to a long relationship with this company. I am very happy
good school to get your foot in the door for an education
Student Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 19, 2015
worked as team with all departments
got enjoyment from seeing a student graduate with a certificate in their chosen field.
Providing advanced wireless solutions since day one
Student Finance Support Representative 1 & 2 (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 15, 2015
This started out as a small mom and pop wireless retail store. It blossomed into three stores within 1 year, that provided multiple cellular services from multiple carrier selection to cellular repair. I had the opportunity to accept a management position and help market our advanced services to over 20 other wireless retail stores in the Colorado Springs area. We built up a good reputation with excellent customer reviews by offering personalized services through our qualifying processes.
Micro-Leads
SS (Former Employee) –  TampaJanuary 3, 2015
These individuals are pretty hilarious as they walk around thinking that they actually 'lead' something. Still conducting meetings to discuss strategies for contacting and placing/waiving grads. LOL

Meetings to create a smoke screen, meetings to create b1+c# sessions, meetings to decide the next 'pot luck' and the necessity of them to push down on you by saying "it's not me it's the Directors above me"

Funny thing is they have now placed themselves as a part of the problem, after all of the complaints they made prior to December..

Put it away already! Just do the job and forget about the meeting already, can't you see that has what got us here?

2 many faces now...
Management system needs improvement
Student Financial Advisor - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 29, 2014
I like to opportunity that this workplace gave to its employees to pursue further their education. It is a very fast paste place to work and it is fun.
Pros
Opportunity to move up
Cons
No flexibility
Productive and fun place to work
Career Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 23, 2014
I come into work 20 minutes early to get coffee and say hello to the people around me. Then, I log into my computer and phone, so I can start making calls to graduates. Notes are placed in the computer to document the outcome of the call. If the graduate answers, I walk them through a series of questions, try to complete 2 mock interviews, go over interviewing attire, including jewlrey, piercings, tattoos, shoes, cell phone, and everything pertaining to proper etiquette.
I have learned that you cannot assume that the graduates know all of these things so we educate them.
My managers are always there for us and are alot of fun yet still serious about getting the work done.
My co-workers are great and we all work together as a team.
The biggest challenge in my job is knowing when to reach the graduates. Most of them are working and their schedules vary. We just keep calling and emailing so we can try to assist them in finding a job in their degree field.
Pros
Movie and game days, good benefits
Cons
Work on holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corinthian Colleges Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9