Corinthian Colleges Inc. Employee Reviews

Enjoyable place to work.
Medical Assistant Instructor Duties (Former Employee) –  Merrionette Park, ILNovember 8, 2015
I enjoyed working for Everest College and it had a great management team. We were allowed to add to the curriculum to enhance what was being taught. I enjoyed the professional instructor student relationships and seeing students reach their goals.
We also had a great teaching staff and we made an awesome team together.
Pros
Our campus reached out to our students to help them to be successful.
Cons
Lay offs and the closure of the school.
Great place to work, like a family
Student Loan Counselor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 23, 2015
Great company, great co workers, great management. Always kept employees in the loop about important matters. Valued their employees, great pay.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
No raises
Interesting
Director of Student Services (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 20, 2015
Company is no longer functioning as Everest. Company was a very interesting place to work. Out of sorts most times and no long term vision.
Not your regular call center
Student Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 28, 2015
Best part or working at this call center is that you are actually helping other by motivating them to further their education.
Failed Me
Financial Aid Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 24, 2015
Thought i was involved with a good solid company until we were all laid off suddenly. The only constellation was the 2 months continued pay and severance we were offered.
Challenging but exciting place to grow as a Representative
Senior Student Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 22, 2015
Grate place to work with supportive management. It was not about the numbers but how you personally would grow and develop. I loved the feed back I got because it help me grow as a student information specialist. Working alongside my colleagues was fun but it also let us learn from each other by listening to our calls that we had with the students. Everyday was different because I had a lot of variety in what I did from speaking with the students to working on projects that would challenge me and excited me.
Pros
Feedback, free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Was an excellent company in it's prime years.
Purchasing Coordinator/ Buyer/ E-Procurement (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 22, 2015
This was once one of the leading education companies providing education services to individuals who were challenged by life circumstances. There were some valid instructors who really cared about the progress of the students. It is unfortunate that greed took over the upper management levels which in turn was one of the downfalls of this giant leader in the for profit education world.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, great benefits and retirement plan.
Cons
Advancement was based on who you know not what you know, Preferential treatment for some team members.
CCI - Through Aerotek Staffing
Student Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 20, 2015
My days at CCI were very enjoyable. The staff was amazing along with the training. Management was always a pleasure. The co-workers that I worked with were all very nice. The hardest part of my job was picking up more hours. The most enjoyable part of my job was doing what I am best at... Customer Service/Call Handling/Data Entry.
Daily Goals
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 19, 2015
Learning a different type of colletions with a private colleges, working with students with balances and to help resolve and set arrangement.
Pros
Direct Leadership within the Dept and everyone worked together
Cons
New ownership and now my Layoff Notice Nov 1st
exciting place to work
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 16, 2015
great work balance; excited to change lives; loved the people who I worked with; emotional attachment; uplifting moments
benefits
Cons
security
Fun while it lasting/No growth potential
Student Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Thornton,CoSeptember 12, 2015
Company was bought by another company and still not strong enough to remain open.No job security, No longevity on the job. It will close the doors Dec. 1st. Never a raise even after some employees dedicated 3 years to the company.
Pros
coworkers and student enrollment process
Cons
no job security, favoritism, job ending after buyout
Decent commpany to work for intially
Admissions Representative-Everest College (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 7, 2015
I loved helping students develop their career goals, but when the CEO changed the students became revenue lines instead of people.
Nice place to work
Student Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 2, 2015
Overall opinion is that this was a nice place to work. I learned a lot about the education field. They seemed to care about their employees.
Enjoy teaching!
Business Professor (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 1, 2015
The college has gone through a transition over the past two years. I enjoy teaching for the school and look forward to continuing my employment with the school.
Company forced to shut down due to practices
Business Office Representative- Student Accounts (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 22, 2015
Its hard to review a this company because I worked at the campus level. The practices on the campus were not the most ethical within certain departments. Very Cringeworthy.
Financial Aid Counseling
Student Finance Planner (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAAugust 21, 2015
I would meet with prospective student to go over their Financial Aid and monthly investment. Also, they would get an estimate help complete FAFSA and collect any documents need from the student that where requested by the Department of Education.
Helping students obtain aid to go to college.
Financial Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 12, 2015
Underwriting process for Title IV government funds to college students. Continual training and honing of practices to meet business needs. Cross-training in multiple functions.
Pros
Friendly coworkers.
Cons
No raises or promotions in 2 years.
Helping others to see the importance of Education and creating a change in their life is great.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILJuly 21, 2015
Below is a list of some duties performed:
~Placed and received heavy inbound/outbound calls to schedule and conduct interviews, pursue qualified candidates for enrollment, and determined appropriateness of candidates for admission based upon career goal compatibility and redirected unqualified candidates based upon incompatible career goals.
~Consistently conducted follow-up meetings, monthly at minimum, with all applicants to ensure successful matriculation.
~Participated in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities including: open houses, regional presentations, training sessions, orientation programs, career days to accurately explain educational programs, expected outcomes, student services, and financial consideration to students, parents, and educators.

The most challenging part of this position was walking away from an opportunity of creating change in the lives of many. The sudden close of this company was a shock to us as employees as well as students. This is very hard because I loved the impact that this position allowed me to have in the life of others. It allowed me to meet people where there were in their life, sort things out, and create a necessary solution to better their future.

The rewarding thing was for the time I was allowed to create a change, I did it with excellence. Although it was a short lived position, I was able to make an impact in the lives of many and for that I am thankful.
Pros
This position allowed a platform to create change.
Cons
The company closed, which made it one less avenue to impact the loves of other people.
Professional with opportunies for upward mobility
Sr Admissions Rep (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 16, 2015
Professional. Enjoyed working with co-workers and students, compensation was great. Leadership training. Opportunity for advancement
Pros
Raises
Cons
Company sold
Loved what I did--
High School Coordinator (HSC) (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 15, 2015
I absolutely loved what I did while I was there--I had the chane to visit high schools and discuss future plans/give them helpful tidbits on how to succeed after college.

Unfortunately there was a lot going on in upper management that did not bode well with the government.

My job was great, but the pricing of programs were outrageous and hard to sell. I was not a fan of doing admissions work at all.

Management also made sure I was well taken care of when it came to progressing in my career.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Expensive programs, shady practices behind the scenes from upper management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corinthian Colleges Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9