Corinthian Colleges Inc.

Corinthian Colleges Inc. Employer Reviews

Good atmosphere and intimate work culture
Senior Account Representative II, Marketing Sales (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2014
Pros: good work environment.
Cons: lack of necessary marketing for area.
I was responsible for recruiting high school students to enroll in the school and selling our different programs. I was also tasked with having open houses and engaging with future students and parents.
Love my Job
Student Finance Planner (Current Employee), Los AngelesMay 20, 2014
Love my students, people that i work with and my boss. I have grown with this company and learned to work with people.
Great managers
Career Services Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: enjoyed very much my work with the students
Enjoyed my work with students and their job placements; was made to feel appreciated and a part of the team
Fast Pace, and work environment is family like
Student Finance Representative Senior (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 16, 2014
Productive, work force can be fast pace and intense exactly how I like to work. Work flow is on average and being acurate saves alot of time in the future.
Still needs room for inprovement with the customers experience.
Corinthian College
Business Systems Analyst - Contractor (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAMay 12, 2014
Pros: great staff
The business intelligence team is unique and has a good vision. However, in my time here which is 6 months as a contractor there have been 3 rounds of layofsf and 2 restructures along with multiple law suits from various states. Not sure about the future of this company.
Everest Online
Director of Student Services (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 11, 2014
Great people. Leadership struggles. Unique student base.
Worked in a friendly and family like environment.
Admissions Support Specialist (Current Employee), Laramie, WYMay 11, 2014
Pros: free use of gym; health insurance; 401k
Cons: not enough pay and no merits
I enjoy what I do in my position. Being able to help someone have a brighter future through education. Everyone seemed to get along and are egar to help where needed. We all worked well together as a team and our supervisor was down to earth and easy to work with.
Currently working as Senior Director of Finance - Call Center
Senior Director of Student Finance (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMay 8, 2014
Pros: enjoy leading great directors and staff
Cons: constant changes within organization and reductions in force
Corinthian Colleges has given me opportunties to learn, develop and grow in my position. I enjoy working with the leadership team in Tempe and collaborate well with the get the job done. We have great team of employees that work hard for the site and our customers. The hardest part has been the company changes and stability. I have learned how to work – more... through difficult times and keep the staff rallied to work through the changes. Learned that communication and constant visibility helps the changes more manageable and easier to handle. – less
Student Finance Representative
Student Finance Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 7, 2014
Day activities included answering and returning student phone call, collecting documents for processing federal financial aid. collecting on pas due accounts, maintaining hundreds of student accounts. Coaching and mentoring new team members. I learned federal education guidelines and proper processing of funds. Most enjoyable part was positive feed – more... back from students on assisting them with financial aid and the ability to go to school to achieve their goals. – less
Love the company, but it is in a failing industry
Confidential (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAMay 7, 2014
Pros: pay, vacation, benefits
Cons: industry
Great company with a great culture and great people. You couldnt ask for a better place to work, but unfortunately the industry is failing and the future looks bleak.
Started out great, now unstable with low morale.
FINANCIAL AID PLANNER (Current Employee), Tempe, AZApril 29, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules, great teamwork, no micromanagement, high energy work efforts, terrific director of finance
Cons: cutbacks, layoffs, no more 4 day 10 hour shifts available, no raises, increase of work load for finance, low leadership skills, lack of confindence with upper management.
The team I work with is a 100% best at accomplishing goals, meeting deadlines, and competed due dates. As of recently with excessive cut backs and shift changes morale has dropped, and the company is unstable as with in the past 6 months 40% of the entire staff including ground campus have been laid off.
The do not care about instructors
Electrical (Former Employee), AustinApril 26, 2014
Pros: it a check, that's all for the school, ///// students a+
Cons: poor management...
Director of program is not a licensed electrician???
Instructors are held accountable for students making it to class, If they do not show up you have to use your class time to try to get ahold of them. If they drop out, it goes against the instructor. Instructors put on a PIP.. A sort of probation. A lot of these students feel ripped off, your job – more... is to try to fix this somehow.... Good luck with when that reality pops up. Yes there is a guilty feeling for being any part of this.
You get vacation but try taking it during the year. Ha. Ha... They could care less about employees family life.
Hours possible that rotate monthly not allowing your body to adjust to a pattern
10am-2pm weekdays
6pm-10pm weekdays
Saturday and Sunday 8am-6pm
Notice the gap if your lucky to get a month of 10-2pm/6-10pm you have four non paid hours between shifts in your day...
When you work weekends and one weekday shift..... No day off 7 days a week...

If you do not mind a job where management wants to put you in a losing position.... Sign up – less
Company enjoys having potlucks every couple of weeks but it is too much.
Student Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Thornton, COApril 24, 2014
Pros: hourly rate was $15.50 an hour, frequent company lunches considered "pat on the backs"
Cons: no benefits, outbound calls daily, hours flucuate from part time to full time frequently, poor management and false promises
The trainer for the Student Loan Specialist position spent little time in our classroom as she was training us, another class and a new trainer at the same time. I was part of the 2nd training class in the new Thornton facility. Most days in training were spent socializing with others in the classroom and the trainers tactics were less than favorable. – more... During our last week in training prior to our computer test she proceeded to move around the room holding our paychecks in front of us and demanding we belt out the answers to her questions. When we could not she would make a loud ehhh sound and snap her hand together in front of your face and walk off with your paycheck. Very humiliating. She also proceeded to pull her fake crying routine on our last day to try to make a connection with us after she stated we were the hardest class to work with and she was told we perceived her as nasty and inhumane towards her peers/subordinates. We were hired as part time employees but forced to work full time for a few months with no benefits other than PTO at a part time employee status. Then our hours would be cut to part time for weeks then more hours would be offered and then it became a pattern. All calls were outbound to former students of Everest, Wyotech and Heald to basically frighten them into applying for a forbearance, deferment, or payment plan with you on the phone, then a transfer to the loan holders, SallieMae, FedLoans, Great Lakes and Nelnet would occur. They would end up going over the same information that you had just reviewed with the client and were often quite rude when you tried to encourage the conversation along as most calls could last anywhere from 20-75 minutes depending on the student and how much cohersion was needed. Their cohort default rate was the bottom line. Meaning that if the student was not paying on their loan or in some type of deferment or forbearance then their numbers would go down and they would lose out on any more government funding. Which should not occur in my opinion as these are for profit and private schools. Very poor morale and supervisor barely spent anytime in the same area with us. He was always chasing the girl who worked across from us in the finance department. Very unprofessional. After my 4 month review and listening to my supervisor talk about how I could get promoted to QA or supervisory role in the next several months since we were the first 30 agents on the floor but finding out from other management their was no chance of that since they hired their supervisors/QA from the outside, and due to working full time with no benefits or advancement in sight I terminated employment. The turnover rate is so high with CCI that they have at least 6 different temporary agencies working to promote for them, I know because I have been job hunting recently and keep running across this, and I receive daily calls to go back from out of state recruiters. Craigslist is also littered every day with their ads. – less
My introduction to Post Secondary Education
Career Services Representative (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAApril 23, 2014
Amazing Director at this company and one of the best teams I have ever had the privilege of working with.
worst company to work for
Admissions (Current Employee), Bedford ParkApril 21, 2014
Cons: everything. no raises. no work life balance.
Definitely doesn't care about employees or students.
No student is turned down, it's about money. Work 3 to 4 Saturdays per month. Management talks down to employees. Every week some one gets fired. Avoid this place at all cost.
Fun place to work
STUDENT FINANCE OFFICER (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 16, 2014
Cons: lay offs quarterly
Overall too many layoffs going on every 3 months. Employees do not feel safe working there as they lay off everytime classes start for students.
Detail Experience
Medical Assistant -Instructor (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GAApril 16, 2014
Pros: patients
Urgent care experience with hands on patient care. Lead shift prepare patients for exams and office procedures. Vitals, Injections, ECG, and Venipunctures.
Terrible
Student Finance Planner (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 9, 2014
This company is unorganized. They do not treat their employees or students with respect.
CCi
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAApril 1, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: culture and work ethic within the ranks
Corporate headquarters is great to work at with its challenges. Life and kids schedule allowance are excellent.
Good place to learn new skills and interact with various departments
Academic Affairs (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: plenty of training and education benefits
Cons: political and little interaction with sr. management
Low moral during layoff period. The hardest part of the job was to stay focused during the transitional period.

About Corinthian Colleges Inc.

Our mission is to help students prepare for careers in demand or to advance in their chosen field. With more than 91,000 students – Read more

Corinthian Colleges Inc. Photos