Corix Utilities

Corix Utilities Employer Reviews

Good Company-Bad Management
meter reader (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GANovember 25, 2014
Pros: none that come to mind
Cons: too many to list
Poor management. Corporate office is clueless as to who is really in charge of this place. The only drama high school stuff going on is brought on by the country chick running the show not by the readers. Biggest hypocrite I've ever worked for in my life. Supplied with tools, but they are so cheap it's extremely difficult to get the job done properly. Cameras to take pictures were won out of a claw machine.
The hardest part of the job is the extensive amount of walking and the weather. Most enjoyable part of the job is working alone and the end of the shift.
former employee (Former Employee), gwinnett gaNovember 22, 2014
Pros: job, not hard work
This is a good place to work. You get to work alone out in the field and as long as you are doing your job correctly and not calling in and making lots of mistakes then you have no problem. Some people who do work there like to cause drama like they are in high school. Management is good and willing to help you when needed.
Good place to work if you like dis-honest project manager
Meter reader (Former Employee), Gwinnett, GaNovember 14, 2014
Pros: on your own in field. field supervisors do a good job considering.
Cons: pay, benefits, poor manager
Project manager is dishonest, breaks every ethics rule ever made, and if you are friend or family you are one step ahead of everyone else. Project manager uses company vehicle for personal use and lies about commute miles and turns all personal use in as company use. Could name off more but what's the use.
Not so great
Gas and Electric Meter Installer (Former Employee), Essex, MDNovember 12, 2014
A typical day at work consist of starting tail-gate in the parking lot and being yelled at and told how we are constantly going to lose our jobs. Ive learned a lot of things that will not help me but I am grateful for the experience. The hardest part of the job was the supervisors, they were not very understanding and constantly confused you with other techs. The most enjoyable part of this job was leaving after a long shift of installing.
Great Company
ComEd Contractor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2014
Great Company to work for. Good benefits ,good hours based out of Wisconsin.
Great Hospital
Electric Meter Tech, I (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: career
Cons: schedule
Great Hospital to work for it's an amazing organization. If you want a career this is a place you want to work for.
Very productive and fast paced
Meter Technician (Former Employee), Edmond, OKOctober 13, 2014
Pros: getting to work without management breathing down my back
Cons: lots of walking but good exercise
In the morning we would get our hand held computers and route sheets. Make sure that the inventory in your truck is correct if so then go to your first location. I learned how to work by myself with management being sometimes 30 minutes away or 5 minutes away.The hardest part of the job was having to wear all of the safety equipment in the hot weather. Co-workers were awesome everyone got along and was willing to lend a helping hand,
Unprofessional Unorganized Working Environment
Gas/Electric Meter Installer (Former Employee), Essex, MDSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: the customers and coworkers
Cons: distrust of management and company, mismanaged security of work vehicle, no job security
A typical day wt work would be coming in, signing in letting the supervisors know you were present, having a daily meeting about safety protocol, being handed your work route, doing gas/electric smart meter installs,and coming back to the warehouse getting tallied up and reloaded for extra equipment. What I learned is if I ever start a business or manage a medium sized working environment, I would hire a more professional staff and have it way more organized. I would listen to all my installers about the daily issues, problems, questions, comments, concerns and help provide for them a very safe, more organized working environment. Coworkers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job is wondering whether or not you had a job the next day and how we employees could trust a company that simply could not be trusted anymore. The most enjoyable part of the job to me was the customers and coworkers I've met
worst Employee management
Meter Reader, Meter technician (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 6, 2014
work load keep getting bigger, while told we're doing a bad job. Yet still no raise.
good place to work your way thru school.
TEAM LEADER/TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), philadelphia, PASeptember 1, 2014
Great high school job. Ihop is a place that can help you keep money in your pocket while you work hard at your studies.
Ok job for the time there
BGE Contractor (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 11, 2014
No job security at all. the pay is decent. corporate is constantly changing proceedures, making every day uncertain.
Productive and a fun place to work
Peco Contractor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: good insenative
Cons: healthcare
Its a great and wonderful company to work for. My Experience has grown since working here.
had company truck and tools provided
Meter Technician (Former Employee), Kirkland, WAJune 4, 2014
got route drove to homes changed meters on gas meters entered readings and corresponding numbers at end of day sent in information by computer.
Productive work environment
Contractor for BGE (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 4, 2014
Pros: take lunch when i want and just working by myself.
Cons: bad weather will not allow you to install meters outside and will cut into pay.
Typical day, depending on weather, I try to install 30 -35 meters. Hardest part of the job is dealing with outside animals while trying to get into establishment to install meter. Most enjoyable part is working outside without any interuptions for the most part.
Productive, goal oriented enviroment with great leadership.
Plumber/ utility technician Bergen/Hudson project (Former Employee), Bergen & Hudson counties New JerseyMay 12, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the work, meeting new people, new challenges daily.
Cons: no company cell phone
I have been employed with Corix Utilities for almost 4 years, through 2 projects(Brooklyn & Bergen/Hudson). Excellent company to work with, Management & Co-workers were a pleasure to work with.
its ok work place
Utility installer (Former Employee), Essex, MDFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: every week pay
Cons: cold building, contractor job, outside all day, cold
they talk to you like you are a kid,
I learned a lot with the 2week training program
management is not for the employee, they are all about getting the job done, so if you have too jobs they make you choose between them and your other job..
the hardest part of the job was coming to work not knowin if this was ya last day there
good company
Meter Technician (Former Employee), Garden Grove, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Good company to work for. Hardest part of the job was driving.
great benifits
warehouse lead supervisor (Former Employee), Edison, CAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: benifits and the pay
Cons: no job security and relocation and lack of structure within the company
typycal day,invetory control
loading and unload trucks
setting up mobile warehouse
hardest part was the physical aspect but worth it
most enjoyable part was the feeling of acomplishment the pay and the new friendships
Project Minded Company
Vice President, Measurement Services, US (Former Employee), Southern CaliforniaJanuary 4, 2014
Cons: more work for less pay
Provided no employee support with very little diversity. Financials meant more than customer relations.
2 demanding
Contractor, RG&E (Former Employee), Rochester NY 14611November 26, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: not enough pay, short breaks, weather
As a contractor u had to read gas and electric meters. along with that u had to go out into mother nature no matter how good or bad the weather was, customer service was provided also. management didnt really care about its employees.the hardest part of the job was getting the reads to meet your quota and dogs. The easiest part was going home.

1 2 3