Corix Utilities Employee Reviews in United States

great place
CPS Energy Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 25, 2016
installation of the new digital gas meter. working in and around residential and business locations. Working in all weather conditions.
Good work ethics appreciated here.
Meter Reader Safety Lead/Standing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 13, 2016
The company holds itself to a higher standard than most and expects the same from its employees. They follow the same strict adherence to company and safety policies that any employee does. As far as the pay goes, what you see is what you get, though some of the perks of being an excellent worker has been earning a paid day off. My main gripe is that the quality of trainees who made it through the interview process was sometimes shockingly bad, though they tended not to last long. All in all, the best company I've worked for to date.
Pros
Great work environment, but not for babies.
Cons
Corporate dragged their feet at times regarding disciplinary reports.
Productive and fun work environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, MI 48722April 3, 2016
The people are great at Croix Utilities! The work is satisfying and what better way to spend your day then doing what is fun!
good people
Gas Meter Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 25, 2016
i installed the new smart gas meter modules. i learned how to do this. management was easy to talk with and co workers. the hardest part was the dogs, best was the introduction of a new system
Pros
overtime
Cons
dogs and rainy days
Take it if you're struggling only.
Meter Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 9, 2015
Take the job if you really need one. Search for another one everyday you get off work.

I knew something was up when 50 of us were sent home for a week WITHOUT PAY during training because they just didn't order enough safety gear for two training classes.

The company lost the utility contract because of repeated, preventable accidents. The final straw was two slip-and-falls in the parking lot BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T PUT ROCK SALT DOWN.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Too many to fit here
Corix was a fast pace job and you have to be able to keep up with your position you play.
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 26, 2015
I did like working at Corix and i enjoyed my job but of course the company shut down and i just had my year put in there,but i would still be working there if not for that.I learn something new each day and it made my job easier because i am a hands on person i learn my job quick and i ask questions when i don't know something.My co-workers and i got along and i really didn't have a hard part of my job the most i enjoyed of my job was when i had to take cars down to Baltimore and bring other cars back because it got me out of the warehouse.
Pros
Working in the warehouse keeps me busy and my day goes quickly.
Cons
What i didn't like was that the company didn't care about the people that work in the warehouse, they only cared about the employees that work in the office..
Learned how to install Thermostats
Programmable Installer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 21, 2015
Drove around the state installing OG&E thermostats.
During the summer overtime was always available.
Enjoyed most of the co-workers up there.
There is no job security working for this company
God place to work
Project Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2015
I worked for Corix for over a year. I started as a tech and advanced to supervisor about 7 months later. As long as you do your work you shouldn't have any problems. I learned all about safety, and management training. Most of my coworkers were cool.
Great people
Human Resource Coordinator/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJuly 1, 2015
I enjoyed working with everyone. I learned a lot being in HR and my employees were very nice. the down time was the hardest. the last 2 years of the contract we had to lay off employees.
meeting new people was the best part!
Pros
Company lunches
Cons
work attitude
great work environment
Utility Meter Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2015
great environment to work in. Easy to get along with coworkers. Work is very easy to understand. Got to travel to a lot of cities within the state of Pennsylvania. Great learning experience.
Large company with different learning opportunities
Meter Tech (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 8, 2015
Corix is a large company. A typical day at work was driving, doing inventory, installing gas modules and electric meters. Greeting home owners. There wasn't really a hard part of the job. I tend to catch on easily. I loved installing the electric meters. I enjoy working with my hands.
Productivityand Quality
Electric And Gas Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 7, 2015
The day started with tailgate including safety, everyday task to be completed for the job description. There should be more Management Classes or Production.
Pros
Standdown
Cons
short lunch breaks and weather
Contract work
PT Installer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 4, 2015
Was a great job with great pay but was very dependent on SDGE getting customers to sign up for the program. Company went out of business in San Diego
Corix
Meter Tech II (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 20, 2015
Went in 30 min early everyday, shift started at 6:30 and my team gathered around the table. We had a tailgate where we talked about the safety issue of the day and addressed any concerns from the day before. then we all got in our cars and drove out and installed meters at the addresses given to us in our hand held. We were allowed two fifteen min breaks during the day and a 30 min break for lunch. I usually only used my breaks for using the bathroom and only took 15 min to eat my packed lunch. On the commercial team I would average 12-20 meter installations per day. I would have to knock on the door, sometimes talk to the customer, then install the meter. We would always have to be back at the shop by a certain time so we had to managed jobs to beat traffic. when we got back we would have to organize our cars old meters in the back, take inventory, restock then park in the designated spot for our team.
Pros
i was my own boss
Cons
the project ended before i had a chance to move up to manager
There are many room for improvement
Meter Installer II (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 13, 2015
In life there are challenges and every day you face a different challenge, there are good and bad days,so when there are good days I tried to make up for the bad. My point is I learn to balance the situation.
The most problem I had with management is the lack of communication, most of the time communication were not conveyed effectively.
Most of my co-workers were friendly and quick to help when situation arise.
The hardest part of the job was through the winter when I had to work through those sub degree temperatures.
The most enjoyable part was when I had a very good day without any disturbance, and I was able to exceed my expectation by installing the most modules for that day.
Pros
healthcare was offered to us although were not promise a full ti position.
Cons
the very day they close we lost our health insurance.
Fun work place
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 10, 2015
The typical day at corix are electrical meter and gas meter the job is easy if you take your time. The co-work are the best co-worker that I have work for in long tome.The hardest part of the job was finding the house you have to put the meter on and the most enjoyable part of the was the supervisier.
Pros
you can see the city
Cons
short break
Ups and Downs.
Electrical Meter Installer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 8, 2015
I enjoy working for the company despite of constant threats of shut downs of contract for not meeting expected numbers as a whole.
overall nice company, management nice but demanding about numbers, the hardest part of the job i would say which really wasnt bad was jammed traffic at rush hour.
The most enjoyable i would can say was the nice customers and meeting new people mainly co workers.
Pros
learning new techniqes on job .
Cons
unorganized leadership
ok....
Lead Electric Meter Installer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 25, 2014
warehouse work was tedious and made for slow days. the people are great.
Good Company-Bad Management
meter reader (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 25, 2014
Poor management. Corporate office is clueless as to who is really in charge of this place. The only drama high school stuff going on is brought on by the country chick running the show not by the readers. Biggest hypocrite I've ever worked for in my life. Supplied with tools, but they are so cheap it's extremely difficult to get the job done properly. Cameras to take pictures were won out of a claw machine.
The hardest part of the job is the extensive amount of walking and the weather. Most enjoyable part of the job is working alone and the end of the shift.
Pros
none that come to mind
Cons
too many to list
former employee (Former Employee) –  gwinnett gaNovember 22, 2014
This is a good place to work. You get to work alone out in the field and as long as you are doing your job correctly and not calling in and making lots of mistakes then you have no problem. Some people who do work there like to cause drama like they are in high school. Management is good and willing to help you when needed.
Pros
job, not hard work