Corizon Employee Reviews

not who they say they are
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 29, 2015
no chance of advancement, poor communication skill within the management. no communication with employees.

Management not always available when situations occur
Not the positive morale it used to be...
Administrative job in Corporate Office (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, flex-time, new building is nice
Cons: Nontransparent, poor communication, and inconcistent management running the department is causing it to slowly sink.
It is not the positive morale it used to be 2+ years ago.
Ever since the new CEO took over in 2013, things changed, at least for my former department. With the new upgrade in the software, losing contracts, and changing restrictions for job performances, the amount of work had gradually decreased, and many people quit to go elsewhere.
LPN FULL TIME
lpn (Current Employee), clayton alAugust 12, 2015
I enjoy working with Corizon it is a good company to work with and it gives you multiple oppurtunities to grow both as a person and in the medical field.
fast paced loud enviroment,
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 6, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: shorth lunch breaks
Medication pass , assess inmates. answered emergency calls. coordinated with providerss. set appointments colected specimens
overall summary would be a good place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee), Lake City, FLAugust 5, 2015
Pros: the staff is like a family
Cons: not enough staff
Report to the infirmary receive report make walking rounds do assessment on every inmate document on each inmate pull and pass medication reorder medications inform doctor about any changes. Assessment on SHOS inmates care as and when needed with 15 min checks, Assist with PCA, emergency, blood draws, sick call admission to the infirmary, admissions to SHOS cells. I learned to think and move fast learned to multitasking management never around. Hardest part of my job not enough staff. Most enjoyable part of my job is the staff we do have
A great experience
Chronic Care Nurse (Former Employee), Farmington, MOJuly 23, 2015
I worked for this company before they merged with CMS. It was a smooth transition and they took great care of their employees.
RUN -Avoid
Nurse (Former Employee), FloridaJuly 17, 2015
Pros: The staff was wonderful medical and correctional
Cons: Safety
Corizon is a private healthcare provider for corrections and , dangerously under staffed. GOOGLE them in Florida and all over. Where there used to be 5 nurse on a previous contract there will be one or 2. 400 inmate med passes is a norm. Getting approval to send to the Hospital, again goggle it. The worst turn over I have ever seen. The staff are very nice and the correctional staff. It is the under-staffing. Patient safety should always come above profit. Very poor training if any, disorganized. They tell you one assignment-then try to switch you to another without training.Patients have rights whether inmates or not. Working in a Maximal lockdown with over 1000 inmates can be dangerous for them and the practitioner. Caution needs to be used at all times as some inmates have conditions that require they avoid certain behavior modifications. Please google and ALL private correction facilities for the safety of the inmates and your license. It can be a great job when state run.Not private.
not a good company to work for
LPN (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJuly 11, 2015
Pros: nurses I work with are great/there is nothing anyone could throw at you that you won, t be able to handle
Cons: clock out for lunch even if you don't have time to have one/ short staff
small staff on week ends and nights. No Doctor or any other staff on weekends, fly by the seat of your pants. Constantly thinking ahead .worse than an E.R.
Internal Job advancement
Health Service Administrator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Ability to advance
Cons: hostile prison environment
This is a good company if you're willing to work hard to move up and get promoted. They do alot of internal promotions. However, the work environment can be a little bit challenging.
Loved Correctional Nursing
LPN Correctional Nurse (Former Employee), Madison, INJune 24, 2015
A day in corrections was very rewarding. Lots of knowledge in medications for chronic care conditions, assisting the physicians in appointments, exams, EKG's, medical appointments, personal protection training and lots of experiences! This was the best nursing job I have ever had! Only negative I have is once inside the gates, it's a long 12+ hours because the parking lot was too far away and you have to go through the Sally Port to be searched each time which takes time away from breaks.
Fun working environment
PRN (Current Employee), Topeka, KSJune 9, 2015
Pros: free salads for lunch
Cons: not enough parking
A typical day here would be busy but fun. Working at a jail some might find scary but honestly it wasn't. I learned a lot about the medications I would pass out and there uses, more then I did in the classroom. I also learned a lot from our densest when I got the rare opportunities to sit in when he worked on our patients teeth. The management in my opinion needs some help at managing there staff to better and to a higher standers. The hardest part was dealing with some of the staff at the jail, mainly the correction officers. I did enjoy working with most of them though. Some would think the hardest part is the patients but they aren't that bad/
ok
LPN (Current Employee), Wellborn, FLMay 18, 2015
great environment to work and grow as a nurse there is always something to do because of the type of patients we have. benefits are alright,
great expierence
EMT-Basic (Former Employee), Ocala, FLMay 5, 2015
Pros: educational expierence
Cons: dealing with the personalitys of the inmates
I was able to work hand in hand with the medical staff and learned a great deal of medical practice that you do not get to see in the emergence field. I was also able to obtain phlebotomy while I was employed.
Energetic active work place
LPN (Current Employee), Lexington, KYApril 28, 2015
Pros: Nursing skills will be used.
Cons: work hours are 36 per week.
Very busy, fast pace work place. Assessment skills will be highly used. A great team to work for. Opportunity to use teaching skills for patient education.
Review Summary
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Rockville, INApril 24, 2015
Pros: Safety concerns were addressed; strong team support
Cons: Minimal job security; multiple providers resigned
The most enjoyable part of my job was being a change agent for my patients, and finding a psychotropic regime that would enable them to resume emotional balance in their life.
A nice place to work
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 12, 2015
I have learned a lot re: Correctional facilities, and how they work. Typical day for me is data entry which I totally enjoy. I get along with my co-workers and we work well together. Management could be better in interacting with employees, communication, which they are working on.
rewarding work
NY-Correctional Counselor CASAC (Former Employee), Queens NYApril 9, 2015
Pros: opportunity to help change someone's life
Cons: prison environment
big organization with room to grow within the organization, good benefits challenging work environment, enjoyed working within the prison population with the opportunity to help change someone's life
Prison and staff
Mental Health Clerk (Current Employee), Pendleton, INApril 2, 2015
The staff here are some of thebest that I have ever worked with. While working in this environment can be trying it comes together with great on site management and team players.
Interesting
Triage Nurse (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDMarch 26, 2015
Very unique enviornment. The pace is fast and the work load is heavy. Very rarely that you will leave on time and may be required to work mandatory overtime.
Great nursing ministry.
LPN (Current Employee), Wetumpka, ALMarch 13, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: management rules dont apply to all employees, racism favoritsm
I give vital signs, blood sugars, treatment, med pass, working with providers, taking off orders, pulling blood for stat labs and routine labs.